BFP for May Babies?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: BFP for May Babies?

Postby Csmith32313 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

Melanie- I'm so sorry. I wouldn't worry about ectopic HCG levels are normally higher with ectopic. Hopefully it's just an early miscarriage and you will be able to start trying again soon. We are here for you if you need us.
Last edited by Csmith32313 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Csmith32313

Postby alexandra1234 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 am

Ugh, Melanie, I am so sorry. :( I have no words. :(

Please keep us posted on how you're doing... we'll be thinking of you.
Me, dh: 33
IUD out: 01/'13.
Dec '13: HSG: R tube clear, L blocked-ish, hydrosalpinx
Jan-Oct '14: TTC break
Nov '14: TTC back on!
Dec '14: Clomid #1! BFN :(
Feb '15: Clomid #2. BFN
March '15: 1st RE appt: IVF with ICSI is our only option.
3/23 saline sono: WTF is that polyp doing in my ute?! 3/26: Hysteroscopic polypectomy
4/28: Embryo retrieval! 15 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 9 frozen.
5/3: 5-day transfer. BFN. :(
6/9: 5-day frozen transfer. OMG BFP!!!

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alexandra1234 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:06 am

RyansMom wrote:At least I can drink on Thursday when we go out with our friends to my BIL's new restaurant (he's the executive chef). He told me they have 3 gluten-free beers (not sure if I ever mentioned that I have a gluten intolerance) & I plan to try them all because I can!

That's the spirit! :)

Woke up this morning with some twinges on right side.. might be gas. No other symptoms.

This work project that I have on the go right now is making me second-guess whether TTC is the right thing for me to do right now. Especially since now my timing is off in such a way that a birth next year in June and beyond will REALLY disrupt my career advancement plans, whereas a pregnancy earlier this year would have been ideal timing-wise. Why am I STILL struggling with this? As a relatively reasonable adult person, shouldn't I be able to make a decision, follow through, and be done with it? (Hmmmm... I guess I DID make a decision. I made the decision to get pg sometime between February and August 2013. Except nature didn't cooperate.)
Sighhhhh. If it's a BFN for me this month, I might have to consider taking a few months off TTC until 1) I have more information about what the future might hold, work-wise, and 2) I can sort things out in my head. I hate feeling so uncertain. (I mean... I'm VERY certain I want children... But next year I may have to relocate and live apart from DH for a few years. Having an infant under those circumstances AND with a new job would be VERY VERY difficult, and it may well be more prudent to just wait and take my chances when I'm 37 or 38 or whatever.) Sorry for the brain dump, guys. :/

Lots of love to all of you!
3/23 saline sono: WTF is that polyp doing in my ute?! 3/26: Hysteroscopic polypectomy

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Csmith32313 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Alex- you just have to do what is right for you. If TTC is getting stressful and isn't fun anymore I would take a step back from it. I would say if you are having such an internal struggle with it to put it on hold. Don't actively try but don't actively try to prevent. Just have fun and enjoy time with your man. Put the fun and mystery back into your sex life and the rest will come when it's time for it to happen. I hope that helped some but we are here for you and you are in my prayers!
Csmith32313

Postby RyansMom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Melanie, I'm so, so sorry sweetheart :-( :hugs: There is always the slim chance that baby is just taking his/her sweet time & your numbers will jump up a lot tomorrow, but if it results in a loss, we will all be here for support & comfort hon. On the bright side, I agree with CSmith. With an ectopic, the numbers generally rise (they just don't double properly), so if anything, you are most likely looking at a loss instead of an ectopic (which, emotionally, doesn't make a huge difference, but is physically much easier to recover from). We're here for you girlie!

Alexandra, I agree with CSmith that you need to do what is right for you. Though I am crossing everything that you get your BFP this cycle and this whole conversation becomes moot :-) If you don't mind my asking, what do you do? Would DH consider relocating with you if you had to move? I couldn't imagine being away from my DH for weeks let alone YEARS!! If you don't get pregnant this cycle, it certainly couldn't hurt to take a few months off. You could enjoy your wedding & the honeymoon period with DH for a bit while you decide what your future holds & what is best for both of you. Speaking of honeymoons, are you going on one or did you already do that after your legal marriage? Whatever you decide the future holds, we all support you 100%! I just hope that you stick around if you decide to take a break for a while. We would miss you tremendously!!
Elysia - Devoted mom, step-mom & wife <3

DS Born 5/2009
TTC#2 2/2013
Ectopic Pregnancy 3/2013
TTC#2 again since 6/2013
MC 5 weeks 8/2013
BFP 11/15/2013
1st beta (14 dpo): 186
2nd beta (16 dpo): 457
3rd beta (18dpo): 946
4th beta (21dpo): 3201
U/S 11/26 (21dpo) showed one healthy sac in my uterus measuring perfectly for 5w1d!!
U/S 12/10 (7w1d) heartbeat 143 bpm, measuring 6w6d...so far, so good!

Babydust to all!

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/465725/

RyansMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alexandra1234 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks girls, you're so kind. I hate feeling so undecided about this. Undecided is the wrong word. Well, maybe it's the right word, but it sounds wrong. Maybe... ambivalent? But not ambivalent like I don't care one way or the other. Ambivalent in that I can see myself being over the moon happy about getting pg and welcoming a child into this world, but I can also see myself ecstatically throwing myself into my work (to the exclusion of everything else) if that were to work out for next year. However, if BOTH of those things came to pass simultaneously, I'd be in one hell of a tricky spot, and I feel like I'd be setting myself up for failing at both (career and motherhood).

It IS possible to do both, but reading advice from other women who have done that (had babies during a very demanding career phase) makes it clear that I would need a LOT of support (family, nannies, etc). I don't know if I'm capable of that, or if I can afford it financially.

I appreciate all your advice, thank you. The problem is that I am absolutely NOT capable of "not actively trying, not actively preventing". It's just not something I know how to do. For me, the minute birth control gets tossed, I consider myself 'actively trying'... there is no middle ground. I know that as long as I am off BC, every time O rolls around, I'm going to want to try.

I love control, I love pre-planning, and it seems that TTC has torn every ounce of control away from me. It's so uncomfortable. I hear you girls saying "you need to do what's right for YOU", and I couldn't agree more... except that right now, I have absolutely NO CLUE what the best thing for me IS. It's like I'm in a maze, and there's a hallway with door A and door B, and I can't decide which one to go through, so I'm banging my face against the wall in between them. And everyone else who just 'picked a door, any door' has already finished the maze and is out on the other side. I pray that I get a BFP this cycle, so that the decision is made for me. This feels ridiculous, and I don't know if I can handle being stuck 'in limbo' for much longer.

(I think I will end up deciding to continue to TTC. If I get knocked up, Murphy''s law (that guy runs my LIFE! Lol) dictates that my career move will work out too. (And I will be THRILLED about that, I really will. I've been dreaming about it forever.) And then it'll just be a matter of working out survival logistics (nannies, maids) for 2 yrs until DH can be a SAHD. :) That's not so terrible, I guess, although it will be EXPENSIVE. People (and marriages) have survived worse. The more honest I am with myself about what kind of personality I have, the more I realize that if I delay TTC until things cool down again on the career front, given that I've already spent some time trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to get pg, I will be constantly worried about future infertility. I will worry every day that by waiting, I'm killing all my chances for a family because I have some infertility issue that will only get worse with age. And that kind of daily, unremitting stress would be intolerable. Not getting pg my first month trying this time around will make me worry that it'll be even HARDER later. Can't put the genie back in the bottle.)

I think I'm going to go for a nice long walk to try to sort things out in my head. LOL.. sorry for the novel. This has been strangely therapeutic.

(Elysia, since I use this board as a pretty no-holds-barred support place and have already revealed too much (lol!), I'd prefer to keep my career field confidential in the interests of preserving anonymity. My 'career move' for next year will be an intense, multi-year educational and practical training curriculum. Pretend I'm.. applying to medical school, or something. It's roughly parallel. Hope you can understand.)

Thanks again for being here, gals... I don't have too many people in real life who I can let my guard down with to this degree. Sometimes it feels safer to pour one's heart out to strangers. I truly appreciate your support.

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrobyn22 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:58 am

Well, I started spotting today...so at least I know the end is near. This has been so awful for both me and my DH. I don't think he realized how badly he wanted a baby until this happened. Onto the next cycle, I suppose.

Thanks for the support, it really has helped to be able to share this. Wishing everyone good luck this month!
Melanie: 35 / DH: 34
DS: 8/31/96 (unplanned teen pregnancy)
2001 MC at 5 weeks (2 sacs)
DD: 8/14/03 (conceived 1st month TTC)
DD: 6/27/06 (conceived 1st month TTC)
Tubal Ligation 4/2007
Tubal Reversal: 6/7/13
TTC #4 (#1 for DH) since 7/2013
BFP: 9/11/13 MC: 9/18/13
BFP: 1/2/14 MC: 1/10/14
BFP: 5/21/14 EDD: 2/3/15
-17dpo beta: 954
-21dpo beta: 5757 (37hr doubling time)
-24 dpo 1st u/s: showed one gestational sac with one yolk sac measuring 5 weeks 6 days
-31 dpo 2nd u/s: showed one baby with a heartbeat of 120bpm measuring 6 weeks 2 days
-12 weeks 1 day 3rd u/s: baby's heartbeat of 160bpm measuring 12 weeks 2 days
It's a girl!
Meredith Reagan born 1/30/15 at 7:23am 7lb 2oz, 20in

BFP: 10/3/2015
mrobyn22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrobyn22 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:38 am

Did AF come yet Elysia or have you POAS again? I'm thinking since this m/c happened so early (a few days after AF was due) that I'm going to count this as CD1 for me and use OPK's to see when (or if) I O this month and go ahead and try again. Did you bleeding after your m/c last about as long as AF?
Tubal Ligation 4/2007
-24 dpo 1st u/s: showed one gestational sac with one yolk sac measuring 5 weeks 6 days
-31 dpo 2nd u/s: showed one baby with a heartbeat of 120bpm measuring 6 weeks 2 days
It's a girl!

mrobyn22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Csmith32313 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44 am

Melanie- when I miscarried in July it was as long as AF the cramps were just more intense. I went on to have a regular cycle the next month.
Csmith32313

Postby mrobyn22 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks Csmith, I'm hoping that will be the case. Did you ever start temping? I think I'm going to start that as well.
Tubal Ligation 4/2007
It's a girl!

mrobyn22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RyansMom » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 am

Alexandra, how are you holding up today sweetie? I hope venting & walk helped clear your head a little & that you are feeling a little less anxious today. I can so relate on there being no middle ground between preventing & trying. I actually said a very similar thing to my girlfriend just yesterday! Yay for Type A personalities!! There is no relaxing & letting the chips fall where they may for me. I too hate the lack of control I have over this TTC process, but I also feel like I am doing everything I can do to give myself the best chance by temping, using OPKs, etc. I know there isn't much I can say to pursuade you one way or the other, as this is a decision only you can make, but I really hope you find some answers to help you decide what you will do moving forward. And I REALLY hope this whole conversation is pointless because you get your BFP this cycle! When are you testing? Your chart looks amazing. If you added the discarded temp back in, it looks a heck of a lot like my chart from last cycle :-) I've got everything crossed for you hon!

Melanie, I'm still so sorry you have to go through this. It is no fun and so not fair. I really hope your body bounces right back & you get a sticky BFP next cycle sweetie. For me, the bleeding only lasted 1 day longer than my normal AF, though the first couple days were much more painful (cramp-wise & in my lower back). I ended up O-ing 3 days later than last cycle, so I probably still had some HCG left in my system during the first couple days of bleeding. AF is due today or tomorrow, but for now, she is still MIA. I didn't POAS today, but if she isn't here by tomorrow morning, I will test just to make sure I can drink when we go out tomorrow night. I'll be sure to keep you posted! Crossing everything for you for this next cycle lady!!

DS Born 5/2009
TTC#2 2/2013
Ectopic Pregnancy 3/2013
TTC#2 again since 6/2013
MC 5 weeks 8/2013
BFP 11/15/2013
U/S 11/26 (21dpo) showed one healthy sac in my uterus measuring perfectly for 5w1d!!

Babydust to all!

RyansMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Csmith32313 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Melanie- I didn't start temping yet I'm still trying to decide if its for me. I only work three days a week and when I do I have to get up at 5:30. So waking up at 5:30 on my off day to temp doesn't sound to appealing to me! I know I ovulate and when DH is home we BD at least once a day. I'm just trying to decide if it'll drive me crazy to temp or not! I hope temping works for you and that you get a sticky bean and a big fat BFP, next month.

Elysia- I hope the evil witch doesn't shows her head and you have a sticky little one snuggled in your uterus. Maybe they are just waiting to make their appearance (perhaps a little girl that is a drama queen already) lol. Fingers crossed for you that AF doesn't show her ugly face.

Alex- I hope your walk was able to clear things up and like Elysia I hope it's a moot SP? And you get a BFP this month. I understand not wanting to interfere with your career. I know a lot of single moms that have made it through nursing school with a newborn! If its right for you I'm sure you will make it through whatever you have to for your child when it does happen!!
Csmith32313

Postby alexandra1234 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Melanie, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I hope it resolves fairly quickly so that you and DH can start to heal and move forward. Big hugs to you.

Csmith and Elysia, thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. It's a bit unsettling to have poured my insecurities out in such a fashion, and I even considered going back and deleting my long post, but you know what? I don't need to feel embarrassed -- I'm sure LOTS of women have the same thoughts and fears, so I will leave it up in case it helps someone else down the road. Either way, I DO feel better today, thank you.

I actually popped in here in response to something that just happened. I just went to pee and noticed my urine smelled different and was alarmingly dark. Then I poked around my lower abdomen and something feels oddly full.... weird? I'm sure it's either in my head, or I'm coming down with a bladder infection or something equally banal. Lol. And yesterday, I felt some itchiness around my vulva that made me think a yeast infection is coming on? I'm fine today, but last night it was so itchy that I turned down a BD offer from DF; I once had a yeast infection (years ago) that I passed onto him somehow, and the poor guy was NOT a happy camper. Apparently penises can get candida too. :-/

I swore I wouldn't, but I bought two HPTs yesterday at the discount store. I couldn't help it... they were only a dollar each! I am going to a wedding on Saturday and REALLY want to know if I can safely drink... and the only thing I had left at home were a blue dye and two digitals. I know I'd be second-guessing the blue dye, and I worry that 10DPO might be too early for the digis, so yeah...I went and bought some tests that'll produce nice pink lines I can squint at.

Hope everyone's having a great day! Thanks again for all the wonderful support.

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RyansMom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:35 am

Thanks CSmith! I wish my body would figure out what the heck it is doing (and fast...before I completely lose my mind)!

Alexandra, you absolutely should not feel embarrassed! All good mommies (current & future) have the same concerns, though they don't always voice them. Kudos to you for being brave enough to put your insecurities out there instead of bottling them up like so many women do. You are a true breath of fresh air! And I can't wait for you to test on Saturday!! You know, your "flora" changes down there with pregnancy because of all the changing hormones. Many women have itchiness and some even get chronic yeast infections while pregnant. Your symptoms sound great so far. FX for you girlie!!

AFM, 15dpo, BFN, no AF, & my temp went up a bit? What the heck is wrong with my body?!?! At this point I just want the witch to come already. If I get a really late BFP, I am going to be a hellish mess worrying about a repeat ectopic. Ugh.

DS Born 5/2009
TTC#2 2/2013
Ectopic Pregnancy 3/2013
TTC#2 again since 6/2013
MC 5 weeks 8/2013
BFP 11/15/2013

Babydust to all!

RyansMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alexandra1234 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:47 am

Hi girls!

Elysia, yeah, I saw you're 15dpo with no AF still? What's up with that??!? I don't even know whether to wish you a prompt arrival of AF, or a late BFP (since obviously the latter will make you freak out). I guess que sera sera at this point?

RyansMom wrote:You know, your "flora" changes down there with pregnancy because of all the changing hormones. Many women have itchiness and some even get chronic yeast infections while pregnant.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, which is why it really made me raise an eyebrow when I got itching down there. (I was almost happy at the prospect of a yeast infection, can you imagine? Ha!) No more itchiness now though, and absolutely no other symptoms that would make me really think I'm pg (boobies are flat as pancakes, lol, my ankles are thin, mood is pretty good and stable, energy level is normal, I'm not peeing any more frequently than usual, etc). Just the ocassional twinge here and there that makes me feel hopeful for a minute until I realize I'm grasping at straws and it's probably gas. :) So basically I 'feel' out, but I know it's early. I had the urge to POAS this morning but I resisted... I know 8dpo POAS is just a waste of a test.

I have a nice busy day today, which I always appreciate because I need the distraction. Second dress fitting (eee!) :) and then some other fun stuff.

I think they did us a bit of a disservice moving us into the buddy group area because we're not getting any fresh meat in this thread. Elysia, I know you're active on here... which group should we move to? Seeing how all the non-preggos left in this thread are now going for June babies and not May, should we latch onto one of the existing 'Sept bfp - June baby' buddy groups and be THEIR fresh meat? I'm starting to feel lonely here... hahaha. What does everyone think?

Enough outta me. Hope everything is going as well it can for Melanie, and that everyone else is merrily chugging along as well.

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups