TTC & BFP buddies Continued ....

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC & BFP buddies Continued ....

Postby BKB273 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Continuation of our little group, 2 BFP's and one TTC #2 .... Sen and Kmac, hope you find this!
Me: 37, DH: 38, DS: 7yrs
TTC #2 over 3 years

Last AF: 06/14/2016
BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC & BFP buddies Continued ....

Postby KMac010 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Found it!! Wish I had reread the other posts again though so I could respond to everything! In the meantime, I'll fill you in on my amazing day! Had my first official prenatal appointment this morning! I was so nervous. I can't explain why, but I was terrified that something had gone wrong and we wouldn't hear a heartbeat or see any movement - boy was I wrong!!! It was so wonderful. We heard that little beat for the first time ever and I totally teared up!! It was so incredible. I had a small bottle of OJ beforehand (my SIL's suggestion) and baby was wiggling arms and legs and moving all around - I think that was the most amazing part - seeing our little one moving around on his/her own. I was ecstatic!! I've attached our latest pics because I'm just so thrilled and relieved and I have to share it with you ladies!!

4th Baby Pic!! 11 weeks 3 days.JPG
4th Baby Pic!! 11 weeks 3 days.JPG (50.95 KiB) Viewed 2609 times

OOh, I do remember reading Sen's update on the nursery - love the color choices too! And BKB, I'm still super impressed with the weight loss so I'm sure if you stick with it (especially if you add even just a little exercise) you'll be really pleased with the results!!
Me: 34
DH: 31
TTC #1 for 18 months
Endo diagnosis with lapo removal 10/13
BFP 11/26/13
DS born 8/3/14 :)
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:12 pm

That's wonderful Kmac! Aw those pics are so cute! Glad you got to see it waving it''s arms around and heard the heartbeat. Such a special experience!

Yes I am going to start tonight by adding in some exercise. Went for walks with DH on the weekend and felt so good.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Aw man I feel really bummed we had to leave our old group :(

But I will grow to love this one I'm sure!

Kmac - love the pics, looks like a strong, healthy bubba you've got in there!
Are you thinking boy or girl now?

Anyway - here's to the new group name and fresh luck for our final bfp to come!
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 am

It is a little sad, isn't Sen? Like the end of an era LOL! Thanks ladies. We were so thrilled. Oh, and I know what I wanted to tell you BKB, you asked about info for the Chinese gender calculator that has never failed you - month of conception was 11/2 and I'm 32 (for another month, anyway!) DOB is 2/23/81. Let me know what it says? Those things are so much fun! Almost all of the ones I've tried have said I'm having a girl. Which is funny because honestly, I'm really thinking it's going to be a boy. I have no idea why, just a feeling.
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 pm

I know, I got used to that thread name too. Thanks for the fresh luck, I know I will get my BFP this year. I just know it. I feel good about it. Once some of this weight is off and I am up on my vitamins and feeling good, I know it will happen in good time.

Kmac - my chart says Girl for you too! How many more weeks till you find out?
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:22 pm

I cannot tell you how excited I will be when you get your BFP!!! I read through some of the other threads I was on when TTC and it brought back so much emotion! I hope all my girls get their BFPs this year and sooner, rather than later!!! :)

That is too funny! Well, then it's official, it will definitely be a boy ;) Hahaha! That's a good question. I think they say between 18-20 weeks is typical so that'll put me sometime in March. I'm thinking about 8 weeks from now, but I'm hoping I might know more about the timeline after my next appointment. They wanted me in for full physical at 12 weeks, but since they couldn't see me for my first prenatal sooner than 11+, I'm now going in for the "12 week" appointment at just over 13. Don't know if they'll have me back at 16 and then 20 as per the standard schedule or if they'll adjust it and do 17 then 21 or what. Honestly, I can't wait to find out, but I'm worried about "finding out too soon" and having it be wrong! I hear that can actually happen pretty often, especially before like 18 weeks. So I think I'll try and hold out as long as I can so we can be sure. Not to mention the suspense is kind of fun - it's like the best surprise ever :) Although there's no way I could wait 9 months!!
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Sen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Kmac I'd definitely leave it as long as you can to find out the genre. We had the chance to know at 16 weeks but waited until 20 so we had a real certain answer. I wanted it to be a 99% accurate determination, not an indefinite or probrable answer!
All my charts and gender guesses online said girl for me too but it's a boy! I also had a real instinctual feeling he was a boy so I would say to trust your heart not your head.

Bkb this will definitely be your bfp year I agree. You're on such a great path to it with the diet and exercise. It all sounds so positive and I think your head is really In the right place now. I think you're feeling so much more ready for this bfp now! I can visualize a spring conception for you :)

Afm I'm a little under the weather this week fighting a stomach virus. Nothing major but pretty uncomfortable, reminds me of those nauseous days through trimester 1. I'm relaxing and waiting for it to pass. Is kinda freaky because my stomach is up in my chest now.. I literally have stomach ache in my sternum haha.
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Hmmm, at your 12 week appointment maybe they’ll have you listen to the heartbeat? That’s what they did at my 12 week appointment. It was so cool. I love the suspense of not knowing the gender, but not when it’s me LOL! We found out with DS but didn’t tell anyone. One of DH’s cousins just had a girl in No and they didn’t find out but I predicted it with my calendar!

Oh Sen I remember that with DS, my stomach was up in my chest too. It hurt! It’s weird but cool how your organs change position to accompany the baby in the uterus. And I wonder if my gender prediction chart was right or wrong. If you were 32 years old and conceived in June, it says boy.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:06 am

Bkb I was 31 and conceived in June; what does it say for that one?
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 am

Nurse said for the 12 week (or what will be my 13 week) they want to do a whole physical, including pap smear, urine sample, weigh-in, etc. Sounds wonderful. But yes, doc did mention that every time I visit now we'll listen to the heartbeat (which is AWESOME!!!) and that by this next appointment we should be able to do it on the Doppler!

Definitely appreciate the advice on finding out the gender Sen! I think 20 weeks will be my goal too, just to be sure. It may just depend on my visit schedule how close to that I get. Sorry you're not feeling well! That sucks. I have another pregnant friend who has a raging cold, sore throat, the whole 9 and I feel so bad for you ladies! I have been steering clear of people like they carry the plague because I don't want to get sick!!

I definitely want to know the answer to Sen's question about the gender calculator, BKB!! Was it right? I know it doesn't matter, really and there's nothing I can do to sway it either way (and I can't say I'd want to even), but it's so much fun to speculate!!!

It looks like the last bit of my first trimester may be the hardest! I'm more nauseous than I've been in weeks and I'm still completely exhausted. Also suddenly having trouble getting comfy on the couch and in bed which makes sleeping even more difficult than it has been. Lovely. Oh well, hopefully at least some of it will be over soon. I can't help but wonder if part of it is just that baby is more active in there now?
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:43 am

Sen - it says girl .... so it's wrong! Okay you are part of that 1% LOL.

Kmac - Baby might be going thru a growth spurt and all those extra hormones make you so tired. I remember I was the most tired between 8-16 weeks.

I had gained a pound and a half, so yesterday I really stuck to my diet, and managed to shake off 2.8lbs! Low carb really works for me .... total weight loss 7.3lbs. Just 2.7lbs away from my first 10lbs!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:29 am

Way to go BKB!!!! That's awesome!!
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks! I feel good :D

Okay so DH was upset last night and this morning ... last night he wanted to BD, I was up for it but tired, and in the beginning I said a couple times how he was touching me was uncomfortable, and then he pulls away and says just forget it. This morning gave me the cold shoulder. Said he does not feel comfortable with me anymore and that I am willing to BD to get PG but otherwise not and he's had enough. He said that he doesn't want to go on vacation anymore. He is making a huge deal out of nothing!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh boy! I have definitely been there. In my experience, he probably just needs some time to get over the little bit of an ego blow. I know with my DH if he doesn't feel like he's doing things right or if I'm not really excited about getting it on, he gets really upset. He won't come out and admit that it's an ego thing, but it is. Usually helps us get past if if I'm the next one to make a move. If you initiate next - when you're really feeling up to it, not tired or stressed and definitely NOT during O time (although I thought you weren't trying this month anyway?) - that may really help him get over this little incident. Sooner rather than later would be good, but if not, I say just let him simmer. He'll recover!
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups