TTC & BFP buddies Continued ....

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC & BFP buddies Continued ....

Postby KMac010 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:03 am

Happy anniversary, BKB!! I can't believe your DH planned a surprise trip for you guys - that is wonderful!! And what a great way to spend some of your TWW! Hopefully, it'll be a nice little distraction before you get your BFP!!!!!

More updates on baby boy's pending arrival in this world after this week's trip to the doctor - I am 1 1/2 - 2 centimeters dilated (which doc says makes perfect sense, given the mucus plug event over the weekend). I'm also 70% effaced and he's in station -2. She seriously looked at me and said "I won't say he's definitely going to come before next week, but he definitely could" :shock: I don't think I heard another word she said LOL! I mean, I know I should be some version of "ready" for him, but I finally understand (and have stopped rolling my eyes at) people who say the birth of your child is the only thing you wait 9 months for and you're still surprised when it actually happens. Logically I know he could come any time now, but it still sounds so ridiculous at the same time! It's crazy. I've never experienced anything like this before and I know there are so many more moments like this to come - it's overwhelming in the best possible way.

In other news, today is my last day at work!!! I am soooo excited to be done. It's been draining to be here everyday because I still have so much prep I want to do at home and I just don't have the energy to make much happen after work or even in the span of a 2 day weekend anymore. Now of course I realize that this kid will probably come tomorrow because it's my first official day of maternity leave and we have 2 separate parties we're supposed to be at LOL! But I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that he waits a little longer. I'll definitely try to keep you posted on everything even though I'll be at home. And of course I'll have to keep checking in to see that beautiful BFP I know is coming anytime now for you!!
Me: 34
DH: 31
TTC #1 for 18 months
Endo diagnosis with lapo removal 10/13
BFP 11/26/13
DS born 8/3/14 :)
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks KMac! We had a blast. He took me and DS to the WA coast, in the city Long Beach. It was so nice making sand castles with DS, going in the waves, and just relaxing, I actually fell asleep laying on the sand, it was nice weather. Much cooler than at home where we have 85 degree weather. The most it got to on the coast was 76 one day and then barely 70 the next day, but it was just warm enough to be able to sit in the sun for 5-6 hours. Next anniversary we’ll be traveling down more south and check out Seaside Oregon.

Oh my gosh 1-2 centimeters, woo-hoo! Everything is going smoothly now for you, the way it should be …. Hope baby takes it easy on you and comes out fast with a short labor. Any changes over the weekend? …. I understand totally how you feel. You have 9 months to prepare but then the thought of baby coming out in the world still made me so nervous! I was like, oh my it’s actually happening now. Just a total mix of emotions. When you see baby for the first time though, wow what a feeling. I hope I get to experience it again.

Good that you are off work now and can all the little things done before baby comes … unless he already came on the weekend …. I guess I’ll find out soon! Hope you are able to log in for a bit and give an update! Good luck!!!!!

CD26 so we’ll see what this week brings …. either way I am fine now that I have my OB ... I know she'll take care of me and make sure to give us the best chance of conceiving!
Me: 37, DH: 38, DS: 7yrs
TTC #2 over 3 years

Last AF: 06/14/2016
BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:10 am

Hi ladies!!

It has taken me way too long to write this, but my baby boy was born August 3rd!!! His name is Augustus Lorne, Gus for short, and I couldn't be more in love! Needless to say, this first week and a half has been crazy and amazing, challenging and wonderful all at the same time. I haven't had much time for myself so I haven't been able to update the way I'd like, but I'm working on writing my birth story now. Without all the flowery language, here are the basics:

My water broke at 1:30am on Sunday 8/3. After talking to the doc, we opted to wait it out at home for a few hours. I spent the majority of my night in the bathtub, just trying to get some rest and stay comfortable. By 7am, no real action so doc said to make our way to the hospital. It was really pretty uneventful - we managed to drop off a Redbox movie and stop for breakfast for DH on our way. One of my docs came on at 8:00am, which was really nice so at because at least there was a familiar face to work with. The doc on the phone had warned me that we would have to start Pitocin if my contractions didn't start becoming stronger and more regular so I was worried they'd want to do that right away, but they didn't. Doc let me walk around, sit on the balance ball, just kind of work on it myself for another 4hrs. Then around 12:30, it was pretty clear that my body just wasn't going to do this fast enough on it's own. So, after almost 12hrs post water-break, it was time for Pitocin. Must admit, this stuff is wonderful and awful. I went from hanging out at 2-3cm dilated for hours to hitting 6cm to then having to ask the nurse to check me because I NEEDED to push! Correction, I was pushing, I just hadn't admitted it to anyone else in the room at that point! So, reluctantly, she checked me and sure enough, it was time! I pushed for about an hour and a half before Gus was born at 5:36pm! In all, the whole labor experience lasted 16hrs almost exactly and our little man came out at a healthy 8lbs 3oz, and 22" long! I have never experienced pain or joy like that in my entire life. When they put him on my chest I was in total and utter disbelief that this beautiful little creature had actually come out of me. I've never felt instant love like that before and I know that there is nothing else like it in the world.

There are so many more details and so many moments of the whole experience that I don't think I will ever forget - some that I hope to catalogue in a longer version of this story, but I wanted to at least share the Reader's Digest version, while I have a few minutes.

Any news on your end BKB?
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Congrats MAMA!!!! I was thinking you probably had him since I hadn’t heard from you in a while. What an adorable name!!! Wow he is a long boy!

Your labor and baby birth sounds pretty easy compared to other stories I have heard about! Glad it was easy on you and you only had to push for 1.5 hours. So, you didn’t mention if you had the epidural or not?

Don’t worry about getting back on here regularly, I know your time will be tight now! Just enjoy your new baby and being a mom, those first few weeks go by so fast! They are only so little for a short while. Cherish every moment.

No news here, AF came this month, I am on CD6 right now and just focusing on getting by body healthy. Been walking a lot with DH, and started walks at work. Now have started cutting out carbs and sugar to lose some weight. I have been in denial of what size I am. I was squeezing into my size 16 jeans. Finally went and found size 18 and size 20 fits me better. I only bought one bigger pair. I don’t plan on wearing them for long! My goal is to get back to my size 16’s soon. Hoping to be size 14 by the end of the year. I am not going to think about TTC for a while. If it happens this month great, if not that’s ok. Will be skipping the next 2 months after that so that I am not due around my bro’s wedding. If it was a local wedding, it would be fine, but it’s across the other side of the country and I don’t want to miss it. I think this is good timing, cuz now I have 3 months really get my plan going and stick to a good diet and get healthier for a pregnancy and also look better for the wedding. I am at a happy place right now and content with everything. So glad I have my DS, he keeps me busy, and looking at him and being with him takes the edge off TTC. With him in my life, I don’t need to be depressed or obsessed about anything.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:26 am

Hi ladies, I am so so sorry that I have been AWOL for so long. Time is flying by and I just didn't notice how long it had been since I had logged on here!

Firstly, (another) huge congrats to you KMAC, I am so pleased to read your L&D was so uneventful in comparison to others and that you love your healthy little Gus so much! He looks adorable in the photos I saw on Facebook and a good, healthy size, you must be one proud Mama!
The first few weeks I remember to be hard, exhausting but amazingly wonderful because although sleep deprived, you feel full of love and happiness and contentment (try feeling that happiness at 4 months when you're STILL not sleeping through the night and you have sleep issues to deal with, you'll stuggle to find it so enjoy the 'post birth honeymoon period!).
If you need to ask me anything at all, just send me a message. Don't ever be afraid to ask something, however dumb you may think it sounds. Eventually, you'll be looking for answers for things you never thought you'd need to ask.
Enjoy him, your beautiful, perfect, gift from the Angels.

BKB - you never cease to amaze me with your optimistic attitude. I know you've been TTC for over a year yet you remain to be full of hope (or at least you don't let on how crazy it drives you!?).
I think you are strong, realistic and in the exact right place to be getting yourself healthy and ready to conceive a healthy pregnancy. I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for you!!
I know I don't pop in much to write, but I am still about and will continue to check here to support you when I can.

AFM - well, Lincoln turns 5 months next week. I do not have a clue where the time has gone!? He's almost sitting up unaided now and can stand holding onto the edge of the sofa/chair etc.
I have started introducing solids, not much so far because I'm not ready to wean yet until we get home from our holiday next month, but I've given him a milk-soaked rusk, some apple puree and banana custard. He's not too keen on the fruit yet but loves the sweet buscuit!
He is having sleeping troubles and is increasingly becoming hyper-active as a result, so the past 3 weeks have been dedicated to experimenting with sleep training programs and routines which suit our family. We've gone cold turkey CIO to no avail, to soothing to sleep, to bedtime routines, to increasing naptimes, to stopping certain naps - all to no avail! Today I sat down, took the parts which worked from each method and created my own, bespoke sleep plan. So far, it's worked really well.
I've been a little depressed in the midst of all this, and I've admitedly experienced a few emotional breakdowns, but I'm trying to keep things together else I'll be no help to Lincoln, or myself!
I've lost a total of 51lbs now, so I have almost reached my pre-preg weight after 5 months. I'm pretty chuffed, because last night I reached a BMI of 29, taking me out of obese and into over-weight. Thats target number 1 reached! Next goal is to drop into the 'healthy' weight range.

OK, that's enough about me, I will try to be here lots more in future!
Happy weekend. :D
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks for understanding my absence BKB! I seriously can't get enough of just staring at him. People have asked if I'm getting bored being at home and I almost laugh at them. I mean, in all honesty, I do feel a little bit cut off, but I'm working on that. But otherwise, I am so happy just spending my days at home with Gus. He is amazing and I'm still in in awe that we actually created him. I'm also constantly terrified that something awful is going to happen so I check to make sure he's breathing constantly LOL, but I'm sure that's typical "new mom" stuff.

To answer your question, no I did not have an epidural. No pain meds at all during labor and delivery - totally natural. There were a couple times I kind of thought I was going to die or be ripped apart, but I managed. I think it may have been almost as hard on DH - he was so upset watching me be in pain like that and not being able to do anything about it.

Sounds like you have an excellent plan for the next couple of months. I think being honest with yourself and embracing your current size is a crucial step to moving forward and I am so proud of you!!! I know it's not easy. I actually had to do the same thing right before I got pregnant. I bought a size up in jeans and it was so painful. We let these things have so much meaning, but really it's just where we're at now, not where we're going to be and there should be no shame in that!!

So nice to see you back here Sen!! I can only imagine how crazy busy you've been! The lack of sleep is definitely the most difficult part of this so far, but at the moment it's totally worth it - now, ask me when I'm back at work and have to be lucid all day if I feel the same way about it ;) Next week may be more difficult for all of us because that's when DH is heading back to work. Kind of a reality check. At the moment, I sincerely can't imagine having to leave Gus with anyone other than DH for any length of time and being gone brings up pumping and a bunch of other issues I'm not quite ready for. Anyway, more on all of that later.

The post partum weight business is interesting. I gained a total of 45lbs during my pregnancy and am now down 25lbs. Of course, I was about 15-20 overweight when I got pregnant so by my count I still have at least 35lbs left to lose, but I'm trying not to concentrate on it too much. It's hard because there's really nothing I can do at the moment anyway. I mean, this is my prime opportunity to work on me (at least while baby boy is sleeping ;) ) because I'm not at work all day and caring for a little one at night, but I can't exercise yet so I'm trying not to let it get to me. Enough about my weight, big congratulations Sen on your weight loss!!! I'm so happy for you!!! That must feel amazing.

I better get going - Gus is starting to get fussy!!

So nice to talk to you ladies again! Don't be strangers :)
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Yes, I did feel cut off from the world too, but I loved being with my little man. I treasured all that time off I had, and appreciated my work giving me 18 weeks instead of the standard 12. Wish though I had stayed up in Canada after I married instead of moving to the States, because my sisters got one year off!

Oh the checking on baby’s breathing, not just a new mom thing … my baby is now 5.5 years old and sometimes I still check on that. Not all the time, just when he has a cold/flu. It’s the protectiveness trait in mothers I think, taking care of their young.

Wow, no epidural, strong lady! Good job!

Yes, finally I was like, who am I kidding, and get some clothes that fit well. And I feel so much better. No more wearing the same pants to work over and over again, waiting until I fit back into my previous size. I will work on getting there, but in the meantime I can will just buy some cheap pants that actually fit.

Woo-hoo Charlotte, awesome weight loss. That’s great that you could do that so fast, before baby is one. Gosh by the time my DS was one, I’d packed on the pregnancy pounds back, but no baby belly to show for it! NOT going to happen second time around.

Take it easy Kmac … that lack of sleep will get to you! Sleep when the baby sleeps, the best advice ever … housework can wait!

CD13, the last time we BD’d was CD9, so we better start on it! Yesterday I bought Preseed so we’ll see how that works out. If it doesn’t happen this month then we are taking a 2 month break so that I am not due around my brother’s wedding next year. Plus it’ll give me time to shed some more pounds. A friend and I will start Atkins together next week, so I am excited for that.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 am

I thought it might have happened this month, I was 3 days late on AF, just weird spotting off and on, more cramps than usual, but it did finally show up. Oh well, I can only move forward and will not look back. It'll happen when it's destined to be.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Sorry BKB, it's been a tough wait huh?! You're doing so well at being patient.
My weightloss actually came to a grinding hault at 53lbs (gained 65!) and no matter what I do it just won't shift! I've been slacking these past few weeks actually and I gained 3lbs back (oops!!) so I have to get my @ss in gear again! How is yours going? Great idea on the clothes shopping. I was trying to get back into my pre-preg clothes, but some still are way too small so I just went out and bought the next size up for now, no big deal!

How's the sleep deprivation going kmac? Are things good with Gus?
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:38 am

Hi ladies!

It's so nice to read these posts and feel like you ladies can really understand whatever it is I'm going through! I'm still struggling with my post-baby body. I figured out I can get in my pre-pregnancy fat girl jeans (the ones I bought a size up after gaining so much while TTC) and I can even button them, BUT they're uncomfortable as hell to wear like that so when I do put them on, I've been wearing a Bella Band with them. I try not to let it get to me, but I honestly feel like a cow. I think weight will always be an issue and I think we're all doing the best we can to work with it. My biggest complaint is that I'm heading back to work (at least part-time) next week and I have no clue what I'm going to wear. If the weight weren't enough to worry about, I don't really have nursing-friendly work gear so add that to the list of pumping concerns. Ugh. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it - I think part of me is just upset that I even have to. Really love being home with little man. This is going to be tough for me, even with the part-time transition.

On a happier note, I am getting slightly more sleep! Gus seems to understand that when he wakes up at night, he's supposed to go back to sleep. It can take up to an hour to get him back down, but it's usually just a matter of feeding him and he goes right back out. And at this point he's only waking up once or twice so it isn't nearly as bad. He actually slept a 7hr stretch the other night :omg: couldn't believe it. Of course, it hasn't happened since, but at least I know it can! He is pretty fussy during the day though. He likes to be "on the boob" and sometimes only seems happy for more than a few minutes if he's eating or sleeping. Wondering if this is normal? The nurse at my doctor's office yesterday referred to him as "spoiled" because he started fussing in his car seat while I was in there. I snapped a little and said something along the lines of "yes, my 7 week old really prefers to be held, imagine that!" Really upset me, but the truth is, he does like being held and if you put him in something like his bouncer chair, he's really only happy if you're sitting there playing with him. This is just one of the many things I'm worrying about in terms of leaving him with someone else when I go to work or bringing him in the office (like my dad has suggested). What a mess. It's really hard work figuring all this out! I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I think I'm rambling. So many concerns, so little time to write this LOL!!

Hope you ladies are doing well. Can't believe Lincoln is already 6 months old!! Love the pics, Charlotte. He's a gorgeous little boy!! And BKB, this is one of your two months off from TTC, right? Just want to make sure I'm keeping up!!
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:27 pm

It’s easy for me to be patient since I got DS to keep me busy. He just started Kindergarten, and I have him in Karate and Swimming. And his 6th birthday is coming up in 5 weeks so I am busy planning that. Lego theme! And we just started painting the interior of our house on Sunday, so that’s my new project. I’ve got one wall done in our rec room so far, a deep red. That is the accent wall. Now starting on the rest of the walls tonight which will be a dark grey. Might do a red accent wall in my bedroom too, we’ll see. Bathrooms will be a rose color. We will start building our new home soon, but we need to get this one cleaned up for sale or rent, and I told my DH why not do it now and get to enjoy the new paint at least for the next year.

Oh wow, Lincoln is already 6 months old! I love that baby stage, he must be so fun, and so many new memorable moments you are making. Can he roll from his back to his front and vice versa? Is he starting to try and crawl yet?

Kmac - I came back part time too at first and transitioned into full time. The first day was so hard, and yes like a lot of moms, I did cry. Eventually I could not take being away from my little man that long, so after a month of full time, I went back to part time until he turned one year old. I’ve been full time since, but we’ve been talking a lot about going part time again. I just don’t enjoy my job anymore. And also because DS is in Kindergarten now, I would like to go volunteer for his class and be there to help out the teacher, and that way I’d get to spend more time with DS. And I love kids and would love to even eventually work for the school. But right now I will stay at my place of work, but just go part time. Maybe in Dec or Jan. I’d like to work only 3 days per week, so 20-25 hours. DH will be taking on a new shift and working Sundays and making more money by being there on a Sunday, so that will balance out me making less. I will then have more time to be at home, make proper lunches and dinners, clean my house, and overall rest for myself and time to relax. I am ready to become a part time stay at home mom.

7 hours???? WOW, that is excellent!!!

KMAC – I tell this to new moms all the time – hold your babies as much as you can, there is no such thing as them being “spoiled”, this baby time you only get to experience it once, and these days are never going to come back, so cherish them and keep that baby on you as much as you want. I remember a Mom telling me this when I had DS, and I did just that and I am so glad I didn’t give in to the older ladies in our family telling us all the time, oh don’t be holding the baby all the time, he’ll get used to it, etc etc etc. Whatever. I still did it. No regrets. And had the best time of my life, I love having DS sleeping on me, skin on skin, the lactation nurse recommended it too. I will always remember those precious moments.

I’ve rambled on like you, LOL! Excessive typing is like good therapy!
Yes, this is supposed to be my month off from TTC, but DH is not really helping … he says not to stop TTC and he won’t use protection …. Oh well, we’ll see what happens … I am just thinking if it happens, it’s only like 10 days before my bro’s wedding and will my doc let me and my newborn fly so early, especially after a C-section? Part me says just go with the flow and we’ll deal with it when we get there…….. one way or another, I know I’ll make sure not to miss the wedding.

Sorry for the long read! Take care girls :D
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Hope you ladies are doing alright!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:15 am

Hi ladies!

Time is just flying by!
How are you both?

BKB I was secretly hoping to see some exciting news - anything to report? I see you're on CD24 today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Knack your little guy is growing so fast. Has he met any exciting milestones recently? Do share!

Lincoln is 8.5 months now and can sit, crawl and pull himself to standing (yikes when did that happen?!). He still has problems sleeping and regularly wakes several times a night. I'm pretty exhausted.
Otherwise he's happy and healthy, lots of babbling and he just got his two bottom front teeth!!

What's everyone doing for Christmas?
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:18 pm

No, no news yet! Last month I saw a nutritionist and she put me on Metformin, my doc had recommended it before too, so I finally decided to do it. It’s to regulate my blood sugar and to lose weight as well. I have heard that you ovulate more on this med, so here’s hoping it means it will help me get a BFP! Taking the med makes me think about what I am eating, and I really need to lose weight before I get pregnant to continue a healthy pregnancy. So far have lost 7lbs in the first 3 weeks. Last week gained back a pound, so now I will be adding in exercise and getting rid of my daily coffee shop trips! I stopped obsessing around my Ovulation time, and we're basically just BDing every other day as much as possible. It will happen when it's right, so I will just keep waiting. I got my DS to keep me busy in the meanwhile. :D

Wow, can’t believe he is almost 9 months now! What a fun age. My DS still sometimes wakes up at night, mostly from bad dreams. It does disrupt my sleep and I am so tired at work then! Otherwise he is doing good, I can’t believe I have a 6 year old. He is so fun, and he is loving Kindergarten and I met up with his teacher and she said he is doing very well and excelling at everything. Happy mom!

While Lincoln is getting his teeth, my DS is losing his teeth! One on the bottom is very wiggly and his adult tooth is already coming in behind it. I sure hope it falls out at home and not at school!

I am taking some days off in Xmas break to be with DS, and we’ll also be spending some time at my parents with sisters and their kids and then they will come to my place to spend a couple days here. I can’t wait to build gingerbread houses, that’s my favorite part, and go see the Xmas lights!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi ladies!!! I finally got this site to work!!! I have tried logging in randomly for the past couple months and have had NO LUCK! It's been soooo frustrating! Well, I know it's been forever, but I'd love to hear how everyone's doing. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.

How has everything been since you went to see the nutritionist, BKB? Did the Metaformin help? In your last post it sounded like this could be really good for the weight loss as well as TTC. In the meantime, I bet your DS kept you busy during Christmas! I hope he's still liking Kindergarten. Was is super hard dropping him off the first time?? Most of my mommy friends (even the stoic ones LOL) burst into tears on that day - I can't even imagine! It was hard enough leaving my little man at the sitter's for the first time. It's definitely easier now, but I still have trouble leaving him with someone else if I'm not going to work. I end up with the worst mom guilt! And it doesn't help that he's going through a phase where he really doesn't want to be with anyone but me. It's flattering and trying all at the same time. I can't believe he's 6 months old today! It's crazy how fast it goes, but I don't have to tell you ladies that :D

Man, I am just so glad I was able to get this working again! I miss catching up with you ladies. Really hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you soon!!!
TTC #1 for 18 months
BFP 11/26/13
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups