TTC & BFP buddies Continued ....

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC & BFP buddies Continued ....

Postby BKB273 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:00 am

Hey Kmac! Good to hear from you!

Metforming is helping a bit. I am not losing weight but not gaining either, so staying stable even with some bad eating days. I am just in a rut to start on exercise. It’s hard to start, but I know once I do day one, it will be second nature after that.

Oh yes DS loves Kindergarten. He’s always talking about the fun things they get to do there …. No I did not cry the first day. It was pretty easy. First day was ½ day and we got to stay with him the whole time. The second day we dropped him off, but again only ½ day. Then full day on the 3rd day.

Wow, Gus is already 6, wait almost 7 months old already! What a fun age!

Charlotte, hope you come back on here and update! I can’t believe it’s almost Lincoln’s 1st birthday!!!

I’ve had a good O time. We’ve BD’d on CD12,14,15,16,17. Today is CD18.
Me: 37, DH: 38, DS: 7yrs
TTC #2 over 3 years

Last AF: 06/14/2016
BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi ladies!

I've also had problems trying to log in. I had to log in from a different webpage to get it to work. Frustrating...

Woah! So what's going on with everyone? How's the TTC going, BKB? Any progress with the new med and are you getting lots of good bding in during O? How's your boy?

KMAC, I hope you're getting more sleep now, was that 7 hour stretch the start of something great? Any regressions (man, I hate that!!).

We're doing OK here, little Linc is turning 1 in a few weeks. I cant quite believe it :shock: Where has all this time gone? I am happy to say he sleeps 12 hours a night, eats the same food as us, stands unassisted (not walking yet), laughs, plays, waves, talks (ok, babbles Mama, DeeDee, Baybeeeeeee) and feeds himself. Life has got a whole lot easier :)
I finally reached my pre-preg weight (down 65lbs plus 1!) but I gained around 14lbs whilst ttc - so I still have a bit to go before I reach a satisfactory (in my eyes) weight-loss goal.
I am going to University in September to do a foundation degree; I am going to train to become a birth practitioner for a big UK charity called the National Children's Trust. I'll be licensed as a doula, antenatal teacher, baby massage teacher, postnatal practitioner and yoga for pregnancy teacher. I am SO excited! This week DF and I have mostly been working out costs and applying for grants, and I had to start thinking about a daycare center for Linc, too. I worked as a massage therapist for 15 years before going on maternity leave, so hoping to combine the two in the future. The course is for 2 years, but I can defer for a year if I want to try for baby 2 ;)

What are your plans for this year, ladies?
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:10 am

Hey Charolotte, good to hear from you.

TTC still going …. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever happen …. Had a dream the other night that we adopted a baby girl! I wonder what the significance of that dream is?

DS is doing great, he is loving Kindergarten. He is ready to be a big brother though! He does talk about it quite often.

Wow, that year went by so fast! Wow, 12 hours a night, that is awesome! He is going to be walking and getting into things before you know it!

Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome. Definitely something to feel good about. And about the job. Good for you!

Have you guys decided on a time when you’re going to try for baby #2?

My plans for this year? Same as last year! Get fit and get pregnant!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Hey BKB,

Any new updates from you?

I'm getting really broody here... We're NTNP until September, and then I want to try properly for baby 2.
I'm so excited already!

I thought for the next 4/5 cycles I'd start tracking things again, get a feel for how my body is functioning after having DS1.

So whats new? :)
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:16 am

Nope, nothing yet, on CD14 here … not really trying but not preventing, just BDing whenever we feel like it! I am exercising regularly now and watching my portions and so far in the last 3 weeks I have lost 7.9lbs. I have 17.1lbs more to lose to get to my goal of 25lbs by my brother’s wedding. 8 weeks to go! I don't even have an outfit yet to wear ... waiting to lose weight, I will probably go in the middle of May to find one.

How’ve you been on the last 14lbs you were working on?

What did you do for Lincoln’s first birthday? Did he have a good Easter?
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:49 pm

7.9lbs is amazing! Well done you're doing a great job :)
How long are your cycles these days? I think we might end up being test buddies.
What sort of dress/style are you thinking of buying if you reach target weight? Do you have anything in mind or will you just see what looks best on the day?

I still 10lbs to lose to reach the next goal. But it's true what they say, it gets harder with each lb you lose. I've been eating well and cut lots of wheat from my diet.

Lincoln had a really fun Easter! We saw the chicks, lambs and ducks at the petting farm, went on a chocolate egg hunt and made biscuits.
We're still eating all the chocolate there was so much! Not great for the diet...

Quick question: Mothers Apron (saggy belly skin). Ever heard of it? I was hoping weight loss would remove it, but I think it's there to stay! I'm not overtly bothered by it because I'm proud of my body but it's also a but gross!
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:22 am

Hello ladies!

Wow it’s been a while …. I barely get online, so busy with summer.
Sen, I have almost doubled my weight loss, up to 15.1lbs now. I hope for another 10lbs by the end of summer … taking it slow and steady so it sticks!

Brother’s wedding went great! Had lots of fun, and I got a good workout on my legs from dancing so much 2 weekends in a row! The travel to Toronto was fun, DS loved staying in a hotel with his cousins and playing in the pool and out on the basketball court. Gave me some time to relax too!

How are you doing with your diet? Still cutting out wheat? I need to cut out wheat, I feel so much better on the days I don’t have any grains …

Mother’s apron, I have it! Don’t know when I’ll lose it, probably never … when I lose all my weight I bet I will still have it … probably will just need to work really hard at it with crunches. My sister is a size 5, skinny little thing and she’s got a bit of it, thinks it’s because of her C-section 8 years ago cuz she never had it before. She doesn’t work out though, so maybe if she worked out, it might diminish and she’d be happier with it. She still looks awesome in whatever she wears though.

4 more days until AF is due! I really hope it stays away and I get my BFP! DH’s brother is expecting again, their 3rd child, their others are 13yrs and 9yrs so this one was a big surprise, SIL didn’t even know she was preggers until the end of 1st trimester! So part of me is kind of down cuz they didn’t want more children and still got pregnant (even with being on the BC PILL!) and here I am TTC for 2 years and no luck ….
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Sorry for being so bad at keeping in touch, BKB, but know that I'm still here for you!

AMAZING result on the weight loss - 15lbs, so great! I bet you have more energy now, right? And confidence?
I'm still trying to lose weight. I lost 72lbs so far (39 weeks pregnant until now). I'm still a little bit over weight so am looking at another 10-15lbs, ideally. Guess we have a similar goal! I struggle to lose even a lb these days, now that the baby weight has gone and I'm left with the 'real' fat. :roll:

Looking at your ticker I see there's no BFP yet - I'm sorry it's taking so long for you. I forget if you mentioned before, but did you try clomid? Has DH been tested?

We're going to Zante (one of the Greek Islands) next month, I really can't wait it's so exciting!

Not TTC right now. I thought I would be ready in September this year for baby #2, but nah ah. :lol2:
The thought of all that sickness, back ache, weight gain, swollen feet, raging hormones, stretched-out skin, sleepless nights, constant feeding... puts me right off. I don't want DS1 to be an only child but I can't imagine getting pregnant. It's been so hard, I just don't think I could go through it all again.
But never say never, right? Maybe I'll suddenly change my mind when the time is right.

How did you know the time was right to try for another, BKB?
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey Charlotte!

My gosh I have not been on here for a long time ..... sorry about that.

Things have not changed much in the last couple months. Still TTC. I am on cycle day 34 right now and no sign of AF but no pg symptoms either. I took a test yesterday and BFN. So I don't know if I just don't have enough pg symptoms for the test or if this is just a whacky long cycle (I've had it go to 37 days before 2 summers ago).

In July it was our 15th wedding anniversary and my hubs booked our trip and told me and DS we were going to San Francisco. Got to the airport and he walks up to the Hawaiin Airlines counter and tells me, we are going to Maui!!! I was SO excited and so choked up too. Love him! We had a great time and I can't wait to go again, we might go next summer!

Just a few more months and Lincoln will be 2yrs old right? WOW!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi ladies!!

So good to read the posts from the past couple of months and see you doing so well! I know we've all kind of gone in our different directions for a while, but it is so nice to find you here.

Wow, BKB a surprise trip to Maui?!! That is amazing. I would totally have cried right there in the airport. Huge points for DH. Hope it was a wonderful trip. I'm thinking you would have updated if that October cycle had ended in a BFP, but wanted to ask, just in case? I was really hoping to check in here and see that you were well on your way with #2. Anything new in terms of what you're trying or what else is going on in terms of fertility? I see you lost a LOT of weight, which is a huge accomplishment - big congratulations!!! That has to help your overall health so much.

I wanted to let you ladies know that I will probably be around a lot more these days because I'm officially TTC again! :) We're not really telling anyone, which has been kind of hard on me lately. I really need to be able to share what's going on and how I'm feeling with people who actually understand. I realized this when my mom, who is one of the only people that knows we are trying and who is usually super supportive, said to me "honey, I think maybe you just need to relax and let it happen...I mean, that's what they say usually works, right?" Ugh. Mom. I love you, but huge eye roll. She obviously has no idea what I'm thinking or how I'm feeling. And it's not her fault, she's just never been in this position. She conceived easily, naturally, twice and had easy pregnancies. Granted, she had a difficult time after my brother was born and had to have surgery on a hemorrhage - if I need advice on that front, I know where to go - but as for the TTC...she's not really much help.

So I thought I'd get back on here and back in touch with you ladies, first and foremost. This is my third cycle post-IUD removal, but our first cycle really trying. I should say, my first cycle trying. DH is super laid-back about the whole thing and doesn't want it to become a chore or be a stressor for me so he's more in the not trying/not preventing camp. That doesn't work so well for me. I want to go at this full on from the start so we have the best chance right away. The idea of living with disappointment month after month, knowing I could have done something different just isn't for me. Anyway, I'm on CD15 right now. No positive OPK yet, but with the Thanksgiving holiday, I wasn't testing at my usual times so I may have missed it. Not sure. Last month my cycle was crazy. I really thought I was pregnant, but that's a long story I don't want to bore you ladies with. I usually have pretty intense O pain and I've only had a little mild cramping so far so I think I'm still a day or so out. We'll see. I guess that's the update for now...

Hoping to hear from you ladies soon!!
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Sen » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:12 am

Ahh! This is so exciting to see you back here, KMAC :yay:
What was the outcome of last cycle? Do check in and let us know how it's going.

BKB, love that you're still using TWW, and it's great to see you've done so well at losing the weight, like you hoped to do. I was REALLY hoping to see a BFP from you, but I guess you're still patiently waiting. Are you and DH still tracking O, etc? How relaxed is your approach these days?

So Lincoln will be 2 in March -- can you believe that? He's become this amazing little boy that I am so proud of. No talking yet (hoping it comes soon!), but a huge lover of books and literature which I adore most about him!

Anyway, it has really gone full circle for our little group, because David and I just started TCC again ourselves! We only decided this month to go for it, and I O'ed yesterday. I'm in the TWW, girls!

Will be checking in regularly. :)
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMac010 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:09 pm

So exciting seeing you ladies here again and getting a chance to catch up! I know we spoke on FB recently Charlotte so you already know my news, but I got my :bfp: !!! It happened last Friday on the day AF was due. I really couldn't believe it...and I'm honestly still in shock. I HATE to admit this, but it was my first (and only) month ever of 100% NTNP. The only thing I kept track of was BD, but not in an effort to schedule. I'm not sure when I O'd, but it must have been New Year's day or just after, judging by our BDing. That puts me at 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant!!! :D I am so happy and so excited! But...I'm also nervous again this time around. I have a friend in my neighborhood mom's group that recently miscarried and she kept complaining that she didn't "feel" pregnant. For some reason that has stuck with me so I've been analyzing every symptom (or lack thereof) and really giving myself heartburn. Trying to be better about it though because I can't see that I have any legitimate reason for concern, not to mention I couldn't do anything about it anyway. I think I'm just a little frustrated with having to wait until 8 weeks to see my doctor. The first time around, I was still seeing the fertility doc so they did blood work (which I haven't had with this one) and I had ultrasounds at 5+ weeks and 6+ weeks. It was a little more comforting to see some progress. In the meantime I've just continued to POAS every few days :shock: I know, I know I'm a crazy person! That's it for the complaining. I'm going to work on just being happy and excited, rather than nervous and worried!!

Soooo...Charlotte...any updates??!!! I am so excited you guys are trying again! Lincoln is so adorable. It's been so much fun watching him grow on FB! I'm sure he's going to be an awesome big brother :)

BKB, how is everything going for you?! Anything new in your TTC approach? How's your little one??
Me: 34
DH: 31
TTC #1 for 18 months
Endo diagnosis with lapo removal 10/13
BFP 11/26/13
DS born 8/3/14 :)
KMac010
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Sen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Super happy for you, KMAC! I've not checked in with you for a few weeks, but assuming everything is still going OK? I know it must be hard to wait 8 weeks, but that time will fly by, I'm sure. I hope you are managing to relax and enjoy being pregnant again. Are you getting any sickness yet?

Our first cycle was a BFN. I was a little disappointed, but I knew it was a long shot. This month we're going for a more relaxed approach, and only BDing around the time I 'expect' to O (i.e, no OPK's). I don't want to be obsessing over DPO like last cycle, it was just a headache, to be honest.

I'm a little anxious about you, BKB! I hope you check back here soon. Would love for some updates.
'One n Done' for now.

Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BKB273 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Hello ladies! LONG time ….. well just to update, still TTC …..

January I started a new diet, doing the Whole30. Over 4-5 months I was able to lose 20lbs. Now kind of stuck …. Just need a good restart and hoping to lose another 20lbs by the end of the year. And hope along the way the weight loss will help me get my BFP!

My DH is the same way. He wants it to happen as naturally as possible. He doesn’t want to know when my O time is and that we need to BD like crazy those days. He’s like, if it’s supposed to happen, it will, don’t force it to happen. He doesn’t understand! It’s been 3 years! For him, he is happy with DS, but I would really like a companion for him.

With the weight loss and revamping my vitamins, I have a good feeling about this year … we’ll see where the following months take us! For now, I will get my baby kick from playing with my 6 month old nephew. He is so adorable and I love baby laughs and giggles!

KMAC – yay! That is awesome!!! By now, you must have only a couple months left!

Charlotte- how about you, still TTC or do you have some good news yet?!?!?!

Hope you guys are still there … hope to hear from you soon.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups