Let the Bells Ring! part 4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Let the Bells Ring! part 4

Postby awilliams » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Hello Ladies! I hope each of you has had a good weekend.
I tried to update earlier, but there was a site glitch so I lost some of it. Mommy, you look wonderful. Are you still planning a home birth? Any signs of impending labor? So excited for you!!!

AF finally appeared yesterday. I had some spotting and cramping on Friday, and heavier bleeding yesterday, but the real deal came today. Hallelujah! I have never been so happy to have my period arrive. Now I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long so we can get back to baby dancing :D
Alice: 29, diagnosed with PCOS January 2014, postpartum hypothyroid
DH: 28, no known issues
DS: 5
TTC since January 2012
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsJessica » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:07 am

Awilliams- Good luck!
Mommy2b?- Looking wonderful for your due date! Can't wait to hear you announce the baby is here!

Afm- I met my little bean yesterday (pic below) I was right on target with edd and I am due 10/29/2014 I am officially 7 weeks today :) the heartbeat was 156 which according to an old wives tale means it's a girl! Any other old wives tales you guys have heard of???

Me: 23
DH: 32
DS: 8-13-06 and DD: 10-13-14
Our family is complete <3
MrsJessica
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby awilliams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 pm

I can't think of any gender tests that could be used this early, though there are some pretty accurate ones for second trimester. My son's heartbeat at 10 weeks was 155...
The most accurate I know, though, is a mother's intuition. If a mom has a strong feeling one way or the other she is usually right. We knew from the beginning that we were having a boy. So happy for you, though!
TTC since January 2012
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsJessica » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 am

@awilliams I felt the same with my son from the beginning I just knew it was a boy, this one I feel it's a girl but no one will believe me!
MrsJessica
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Auberry2 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 am

Just dropping in to say hello and ask how everyone is doing?

Nothing new for me, I still have to make the appointment with the RE.
Auberry2-32
DH- 35
DS- 10
DStepson-7
NTNP since March 2012
Seriously TTC since 8/2012
:angel: Chemical 2/11/13, 5 weeks
3/24/2014 - DX'd with bilateral tube defects, IVF our only option for conceiving.
4/11/2014 - Initial consult with RE
4/26/2014-Choice was made not to go forward with IVF. Going to make the best of the family we have and enjoy life.
May 2014 - Decided to adopt through the foster care system
Auberry2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby awilliams » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 am

Hello! There's not much going on here, either. DH is having some trouble at work so we're all kind of on edge waiting to see what will happen.
I thought yesterday that my bleeding was slowing down, but it picked up again today, and I'm getting a sore throat, too, so I'm trying to take it easy. I think I'm going to nap with Grant this afternoon....

MrsJessica, I'll believe you! I hope you get your wish of a little girl (that's what we want next, too. :))

Auberry, are you going to pursue IVF?

Mommy, any news?
TTC since January 2012
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Auberry2 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Alice, we aren't sure what we will do yet. I am going to go ahead and have my tubes removed because this condition causes discomfort, but we are still praying about whether or not to pursue IVF. One moment I want to and the next (like today after a hard morning with my stepson) I think maybe it is best not to. So we are going to schedule the initial consultation with the RE but we are also waiting to receive what God has to say about it.
Auberry2-32
DH- 35
DS- 10
DStepson-7
NTNP since March 2012
3/24/2014 - DX'd with bilateral tube defects, IVF our only option for conceiving.
4/26/2014-Choice was made not to go forward with IVF. Going to make the best of the family we have and enjoy life.
Auberry2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby awilliams » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Auberry, it is sometimes very hard to wait on the Lord. Timing is almost never our own, but when we look back at the end we will see that He was right and His timing was perfect. We will be praying for safety with your surgery--keep us posted. I can attest that God does care about the little things in our lives. He has just opened wide the door for us to move into deeper service for Him, and I can see His direct working in the lives of several family members right now. Keep praying for His guidance, and for His will to be done in your life, and He will work. (((Hugs.)))
TTC since January 2012
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mommy2B? » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:30 am

Hey ladies- sounds like we are all playing our own version of the waiting game be it waiting for an upcoming appt (Auberry) or waiting to find out the gender (MrsJessica!!!) or waiting for some other surprises headed our way.
I am STILL waiting on this little one to come join us! I am 41 weeks today and in reality, this wait trumps ALL the times I was waiting to ovulate or pee on a stick... It's torture! (Not to slight anyone in that boat, by any means! All waiting sucks, really!)
It's like Christmas Eve back when you were waiting for Santa, except Christmas morning isn't getting here!!!! I ache to hold this little one and see it's face, and find out if we will be raising a son or a daughter.

We are still planning a home birth; the birthing tub has been set up and filled with warm water for almost two weeks. It is officially spring break for us here in OK, my maternity plans are organized, my copies are made, swimming is done, the swim banquet went off without a hitch, the prom is planned and people have taken over for me in my absence, all I need to do now is HAVE THIS BABY! Come out, please!?!

Anyway- keep me updated. Now that I have my teaching life on pause, I've got nothing better to do until I go into labor! So keep the news coming ladies... Anything to distract me. :)
TTC#1 since February 2013 (off BC since Nov. 2012)
BFP 6-27-2013 (10 DPO)
EDD 3-9-2014 :D
Tucker Orion was delivered successfully at home on March 18th at 10:37am after 14 hours of labor. :) best day of my life thus far!
TTC #2 since March 2015
BFP 3-30-2015 (11 DPO)
EDD 12-9-2015
Sage Elise made a fast and furious entrance into the world and directly into our hearts on Dec. 20th at 9:04 am. She was born in the water, all 10 lbs and 22 inches of her! Woah! And she has red hair and dimples! All three of us love our little girl!
Mommy2B?
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsJessica » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:15 am

Mommy2B? I can't imagine what being overdue feels like I know you must be tired! and especially after the TTC journey. I don't know how you could wait for the gender surprise! I wanted to wait but my DH does not and is adamant about finding out he loves to shop and is dying to buy clothes lol. Plus I would be over the moon decorating if it's a little girl :D Anyways praying that you have a healthy baby and safe delivery!
MrsJessica
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Auberry2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Sending prayers for a safe delivery Mommy2B. I can't imagine being over due, I had SROM three days before my due date so I didn't experience that. A positive birth story for you, mine was a hospital birth, but, my water broke at 7:45 am and my son entered the world six hours later at 1:50 pm, with no interventions needed. So I am sending swift, productive labor and delivery vibes your way.
Auberry2-32
DH- 35
DS- 10
DStepson-7
NTNP since March 2012
Auberry2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby awilliams » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:46 am

I know how that feels, Mommy! Grant came two weeks past his edd, and it was a crazy waiting game. We did everything we could think of to start labor, but nothing worked; he came when he was ready, and not a moment before. The Sunday labor started I spent hours walking and doing my best to get things moving, then finally gave up about 9:30pm and tried to go to sleep. Fifteen minutes later Grant moved, his head went under my pubic bone, and my water broke. Then I was sorry that I hadn't been trying to get rest, because I was laboring all night until Grant was born about six hours later. All this to say, your baby will come when he's ready... get rest while you can. The waiting is hard, but the reward is well worth it. :hugs:

Lots has happened here over the last week. It's hard to know how to say it all, but the end result is that we will not be teaching at this school next year. We are moving to South America, probably Bolivia, to work at a mission school. It will be a wonderful adventure, and hard, too, because we can't take much stuff so we have to sell most of our possessions. We have seen God directly influence outcomes and order our lives; now we will see Him provide money and open doors for us to go. Please keep this in your prayers.
Af is still going strong. I'm hoping that it stops soon so we can TTC this cycle! I would love to become pregnant before we leave in late May/early June.
TTC since January 2012
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Auberry2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Hello everyone.

Mommy2B, still hanging there?

Alice, my goodness, how exciting your life is getting. :) I'm praying for the journey you and your family are on.

AFM - Well, I have my first appointment with the RE on 4/11/14. They could have gotten me in as early as tomorrow, but my husband is working a lot of over time and can't go with me until April. I will be going to Houston Fertility Institute. I am super nervous to dive into all of this. All the paper work and such is overwhelming right now, and if you don't get everything together properly they will reschedule your appointment. I am sure it isn't as crazy as it all seems right now, but it is just so overwhelming right now.
Auberry2-32
DH- 35
DS- 10
DStepson-7
NTNP since March 2012
Auberry2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mommy2B? » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Ladies- I would like to take a quick second to introduce Tucker Orion. He was born successfully at home with no complications on March 18th at 10:37am after 15 hours of labor.
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.6 KiB) Viewed 875 times

I have never known a love like THIS.
TTC#1 since February 2013 (off BC since Nov. 2012)
BFP 6-27-2013 (10 DPO)
EDD 3-9-2014 :D
Tucker Orion was delivered successfully at home on March 18th at 10:37am after 14 hours of labor. :) best day of my life thus far!
TTC #2 since March 2015
BFP 3-30-2015 (11 DPO)
EDD 12-9-2015
Sage Elise made a fast and furious entrance into the world and directly into our hearts on Dec. 20th at 9:04 am. She was born in the water, all 10 lbs and 22 inches of her! Woah! And she has red hair and dimples! All three of us love our little girl!
Mommy2B?
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby awilliams » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:31 am

Auberry, thank y you for your prayers! this is very exciting, and scary at the same time. I'm praying for you also as you start your own crazy adventure. I know this is difficult, though I hope it's exciting, too. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus--He's the only one who can really help you. (((Hugs)))

Mommy!!!! He's beautiful. I'm so proud of you. We'd love to hear the whole story when you have time again--but make sure you are taking lots of time to make sure breast feeding is going well, and to love on that darling. So happy for you.

AFM, AF appears to slowly be making her way out. I spent four months building this lining, so I can't expect it to be gone overnight. Never have I been more thankful for my silicone menstrual cup--I don't think I could have done this using pads and tampons. Sorry if that's TMI :). Have a great day!
TTC since January 2012
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups