Let the Bells Ring! part 4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Let the Bells Ring! part 4

Postby Mommy2B? » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 am

Wishing- I'm sorry I'm not more helpful when it comes to how to count your days. I always counted starting the first time I saw red, but for me the first day was always the heaviest. Have you checked on any of the other boards?

Auberry- when do you go back in to see your awesome re? I really hope that is the ticket for you!

Other ladies- (sorry I'm not more personal- I am typing this one handed at 2:30 am as I nurse Tucker) I hope you are all doing well and settling into mommy hood, pregnancy, or your cycle (if you are taking a break or not).

As I have said all along, I am still here and still thinking about each of you daily. I have always wished for more time in the day to get things done and now more than ever. The last month has flown by faster than any other and some days, the only thing I get accomplished is feeding my son! It's amazing how much life can change in the blink of an eye!

I really do hope you ladies are doing well. Come check in and let us know how you are doing! Even silly stuff or non/TTC stuff is welcome! (It'll give me something to read while the rest of the world is sleeping!!) ;) ;)
TTC#1 since February 2013 (off BC since Nov. 2012)
BFP 6-27-2013 (10 DPO)
EDD 3-9-2014 :D
Tucker Orion was delivered successfully at home on March 18th at 10:37am after 14 hours of labor. :) best day of my life thus far!
TTC #2 since March 2015
BFP 3-30-2015 (11 DPO)
EDD 12-9-2015
Sage Elise made a fast and furious entrance into the world and directly into our hearts on Dec. 20th at 9:04 am. She was born in the water, all 10 lbs and 22 inches of her! Woah! And she has red hair and dimples! All three of us love our little girl!
Mommy2B?
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby awilliams » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 am

Hey Mommy! It's good to hear from you. Is nursing going well? That is always my first question for new mommies I guess, since Grant had so many problems. I long to get to try again with a normal baby, since I know my milk supply started out great! Are things starting to get into a routine? I think back to those first few months and it's all a blur with little snapshots here and there. :)
Are you going to go back to work after your leave is up?

Did I tell y'all that we know where we're going now? It's not Bolivia anymore (good thing, since my Spanish is very poor), we are going to a school in southern Guyana (little country on the South American coast nestled among Brazil, Venezuela, and Surinam) in the town of Paruima. It is very isolated--only accessible by airplane--but there is internet so we can communicate a little. I'm looking forward to it, and our move date is coming right up! We are planning on moving at the end of May/early June. SO MUCH to do!

There are some personal family issues that are really occupying my mind right now, and I'm having a hard time knowing how to deal with them. I'd like to say more, but I probably shouldn't in a public forum. Prayers would be appreciated. Everyone's OK--just some decisions being made that are hard to process.

Auberry, I"m glad you liked your RE - that makes SUCH a big difference. How are things going?

Bigsurprise, when does your DH arrive? Are you being treated for your PCOS? I'd love to know how things are going for you.

Gooey, how's that little girl doing?

MrsJessica, I hope your test goes well. Are you feeling better?

I know I missed some people...I'm sorry. Please update and let us know how things are going! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Alice: 29, diagnosed with PCOS January 2014, postpartum hypothyroid
DH: 28, no known issues
DS: 5
TTC since January 2012
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsJessica » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 am

Hey guys,

Yes I made it through my first trimester, I am officially 12 weeks today.
I am feeling better in a sense that I have more energy but I have not
ventured off to try a day without my nausea meds yet! probably next week.
My belly officially popped on Monday so I couldn't keep the secret at work
any longer. It's wierd the different reactions you get when you say you're pregnant.
We plan on telling my son this weekend over easter as a surprise can't wait to see
his reaction.
I hope you ladies are doing well I tried the pregnancy forums and they are nothing
like this thread, I try not to delve too deep into my pregnancy details because
I remember how sensitive I was to hearing someone elses pregnancy glory while I was
still TTC so I hope I am not hurting anyone's feelings here :). Other then that
it's nice to hear from you ladies, Mommy2B glad to see you're back online sord of lol
hope everyone is doing well you are all in my prayers ladies :)
Me: 23
DH: 32
DS: 8-13-06 and DD: 10-13-14
Our family is complete <3
MrsJessica
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mommy2B? » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Alice- nursing is going well. The first week was by far the hardest... Between only having colostrum for 3 days, Tucker being a biter vs a proper latch, and having sensitive skin... I was dry, cracked and bleeding. But the pediatrician gave me a miracle cream and my milk came in on the third day so it's gotten easier and easier. Tucker also sleeps most of the night... Wakes to nurse ( sometimes I have to wake him because I'm engorged) but he goes right back to sleep. It's been pretty nice. As for going back- yes I will have to. I have enough days to take the rest of the year, but I teach seniors and was voted tassel turner at graduation and have some other award ceremonies that I would hate to miss. Luckily it's only a couple of weeks and since they are seniors and will have already taken their test, it should be really easy (plus DH's mom will watch him so it should go well... I just need to store as much milk as possible).

Alice- exciting to know where you'll be and when you'll be there! I will keep you and your fam in my thoughts. :)

I'm excited for those of you testing soon. I have heard great things around about this being a magic month which is exactly what happened the month I got my BFP. Tons on girls got theirs around the same time!
BFP 6-27-2013 (10 DPO)
Tucker Orion was delivered successfully at home on March 18th at 10:37am after 14 hours of labor. :) best day of my life thus far!
TTC #2 since March 2015
BFP 3-30-2015 (11 DPO)
EDD 12-9-2015
Sage Elise made a fast and furious entrance into the world and directly into our hearts on Dec. 20th at 9:04 am. She was born in the water, all 10 lbs and 22 inches of her! Woah! And she has red hair and dimples! All three of us love our little girl!
Mommy2B?
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishing&Prayingfor#1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi ladies...glad to see you are all around and well!
Mommy- glad to hear that the nursing is now going well and this he is a sleeper!! Keep on reading during those late night feedings!
Mrs.jess- wow time is flying, 12 weeks already. Lots of prayers for your sticky bean.
Alice- I just said my prayers for you this evening. Whatever you are going through I pray that you are given there strength to get through it, and his comfort and peace...especially if it is something that is troubling you. If you ever need to msg privately to vent or get your feelings out, feel free, love.
On a happy note, your move sounds super exciting!!! I wish I had the guys to makes. Major life change. The biggest move I can mustering s that I just agreed with my principal on an assignment change for next year. I'm moving form kindergarten ( last 9 yrs) to the third grade....and even that makes me nervous! What an amazing experience for your family. Is it for good ( for now)? Or will you only be therefor a set time period?
Auberry...any news? Are you waking out this cycle before started anything...I can't remember exactly.
Hope everyone else is doing well. Anyone else ttc this month?

Afm...I am on cd 7 and will finish my last dose ( of 5) of femera (ovulation drug) tonight. I will see the RE again tmr morning for an u/s to see if my follicles get and if my lining is thicker this month. I pray that it is.....I f not I am not sure what will ever make it thicken. Implantation is my issue these days...they think. Say your prayers for me tonight, ladies!

Amy
Me ( Amy) and DH-31
Married Aug 2010
Ttc #1 since Sept. 2011
M/c July 2012(missed) 11wks
Ashermans syndrome after D&C
Surgery for scarring( done by RE) Feb. 2013
M/c July 2013 ( 6wks5d)
2nd surgery for scarring Oct. 2013
Started crinone ( progesterone) for luteal phase, Dec. 2013
Began tracked cycles Dec. 2013,Jan and Feb 2014 (no meds)
Femera 2.5mg March and April 2014- both BFNs
Femera 5mg and IUI May 2014- BFP...m/c 5w1d ( chemical?)
Natural cycle( break) June 2014- BFP....m/c 4w5d/chemical
July 2014-HSG clear, AMH low......break
Wishing&Prayingfor#1
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mom.2.four » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 am

I am smiling soooo much seeing that you lovely ladies are all still here and still such a support to one another!!! I have MISSED you all so much!!!

I know I'm terribly behind, as I've been away for so long, but congrats to the new mommies, the newly pregnant, and love and support to those still trying.

I can't wait to get all caught up with everyone.

Mommy2b...tucker is beautiful!! Congrats!!!

As for me, still working from home...job is simply amazing...I'm loving it...in fact, the owner has asked me to travel with her as we expand...hubby and I officially put ttc off months ago...so imagine my surprise when, as I was prepping for travel, AF never showed...I didn't even think to test...attributing it all to the stress of my impending trip...until hubby started getting suspicious...just to hush him up and prove him wrong, I took a test...before I could get my "I told you so" out, BFP.

I'm still in shock as I type this...and the first place I ran to was you guys...PRAYING the group was still together...thank you ladies...thank you for keeping the circle of support together
Mom.2.four
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby awilliams » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:30 pm

How exciting, Mom to five!!! I had been wondering if you would come back. Please stick around now--we love to hear how things are going for our mommies(that goes for you, too, Mrs Jessica!)

Amy, that's a big change, too! This is what God has directed us to do, so we will be given the strength to complete the task He has given us. We are considering this a permanent change for now. If the Lord opens the door for us to return, we will, but it will probably be several years, except maybe for a visit. We'll see!

Mommy, I'm glad things are going well. I never cracked, but Grant's latch was poor so it hurt for the first minute or so each time. I remember that engorged feeling, too! It's good that you have a relative who can watch Tucker for you. Do you know what you'll do next year? Will she keep watching him, or will you get to stay home? Just curious. Staying home is the best thing I've ever done, and I wish more moms could do it. I know it's just not possible for many.

We are having a moving sale this weekend, today being the first day of it. What a big job! And everyone wants to pay nothing for your stuff... If this weren't all God's stuff it could be pretty discouraging, but people have just given us money because of what we're doing, and I know that God will take care of us.

So nice to have a bunch of updates to read!
In bleeding heavily again today. I have an appointment with my OBGYN on Monday to see what we can do now, since I'm moving in less than six weeks. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I love each of you!
Alice: 29, diagnosed with PCOS January 2014, postpartum hypothyroid
DH: 28, no known issues
DS: 5
TTC since January 2012
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mom.2.four » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:32 am

Awilliams...thank you...and I am so happy to be back with you amazing ladies... Praying all goes just as God has planned for you and the sale and move...new starts..new beginnings... Continued blessings :)
Mom.2.four
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Auberry2 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 am

Hi everyone
I am currently waiting for my May cycle to start so that I can get my CD3 - CD5 blood work done to make sure my hormones are what they should be.

We are also in the process of saving up the money for the procedure. All of my testing is covered by insurance, as is my surgery, but IVF itself will be about $18,000 all together, so it may take several months to get the money together. I am kinda disappointed to have to wait some more, but financing isn't an option and it has to be paid up front, so waiting is unavoidable.

I will probably be the last one here to have any bells ring at this rate, or at least, that is how it feels. I am trying to stay upbeat though and keep busy finding different ways to bring in more money.

Mom.of.four - Congrats!! Praying for a sticky bean for you. :)

Mrs.Jessica - Congrats for making it past the 1st trimester. :)

Mommy2b. - It is good to hear from you. :)
Auberry2-32
DH- 35
DS- 10
DStepson-7
NTNP since March 2012
Seriously TTC since 8/2012
:angel: Chemical 2/11/13, 5 weeks
3/24/2014 - DX'd with bilateral tube defects, IVF our only option for conceiving.
4/11/2014 - Initial consult with RE
4/26/2014-Choice was made not to go forward with IVF. Going to make the best of the family we have and enjoy life.
May 2014 - Decided to adopt through the foster care system
Auberry2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mom.2.four » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Thank you auberry

I'm praying for all things to work in your favor...that doors are opened and ways are made for you...praying a financial blessing falls upon you...and all that you need you shall have
Mom.2.four
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jazlynn4/28 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Hey ladies!
Just wanted to do a quick drop in. 38w5d today.. thursday at 8am im being induced. Cant wait as im completely miserable right now.
I wanted to say thank u ladies for everything.
Losts of baby dust to u all!
Alissa-33
DH-40

Mc 18 weeks 4/28/13

bfp at 9dpo due date 4/28/14
My rainbow baby is due on my Angel babies birthday!

12/12/13 IT'S A BOY!!

Zayden justice born 4/24/14 @930pm
8lbs 12oz 21in long

<3 our Angel, as delicate as a butterfly her soul flies free.....
jazlynn4/28
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishing&Prayingfor#1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi friends, I am still here thinking about you all and praying for you!
I am just having a hectic weekend.
We had the trigger shot on Friday morning ( yes they opened the clinic for me on Good Friday ) ....is that a holiday where you are..it is here.
They told us to bd that ( last ) night and tonight and tomorrow just to be safe. But on top of all of that I have come down with a cold and have no energy, so it has all seemed forced, because DH and I know that we have to do it at certain times to make the most of the shot ( and not to wasted money) :( we have been busy too, a family dinner at his parents house Friday evening and I've been preparing for the Easter dinner that I am preparing for 14 for tomorrow.
I just can't help but notice how this is beginning on I affect our marriage...we are no longer intimate just for the sake of pleasure, it feels different when you know that you working towards( and failing month after month) on a goal.

Do any of you ever feel that way? Maybe it is just my cold that has me down more than usual today.

I pray that we all feel the joy of new life, hope and peace tomorrow and maybe this season will bring us fresh new life too. :) And for those of. You with babies currently in your arms, or growing inside you, may you feel the joy of knowing that you have expeirenced a beautiful miracle. Happy Easter to you all. Xo
Me ( Amy) and DH-31
Married Aug 2010
Ttc #1 since Sept. 2011
M/c July 2013 ( 6wks5d)
Wishing&Prayingfor#1
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mommy2B? » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Wishing- there were times when TTC seemed like a huge struggle and was sucking the intimacy out of the relationship (felt like a chore). I, however, just stopped filling DH in on the goings on after a couple months of him feeling pressure to perform and instead bought some fun things to wear and made sure we went on dates and such. I'm not sure that you have that luxury though with the trigger shot. Do you? Is it something you could do on your own and not tell DH all the specifics and just make it seem more spontaneous?
Not sure that would work, but might be worth talking to your man about. Maybe?

I hope you start feeling better both physically and mentally. And I really hope your dinner with family and friends goes well tomorrow!!!
BFP 6-27-2013 (10 DPO)
TTC #2 since March 2015
BFP 3-30-2015 (11 DPO)
EDD 12-9-2015
Mommy2B?
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Auberry2 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Wishing, I know how you feel. In a way I have been great fun for the diagnoses and knowing I need IVF (unless God intercedes with a miracle) because it has taken the pressure off. It is just plain hard, especially when you have to time things so carefully. (((Hugs)))
Auberry2-32
DH- 35
DS- 10
DStepson-7
NTNP since March 2012
Seriously TTC since 8/2012
:angel: Chemical 2/11/13, 5 weeks
3/24/2014 - DX'd with bilateral tube defects, IVF our only option for conceiving.
4/11/2014 - Initial consult with RE
4/26/2014-Choice was made not to go forward with IVF. Going to make the best of the family we have and enjoy life.
May 2014 - Decided to adopt through the foster care system
Auberry2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Wishing&Prayingfor#1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:59 am

Hi friends,
Thank you for your support these days. This has been a trying cycle for me for sure.
How was everyone's weekend? Did anyone do anything nice for Easter?

Alice... What did your OBGyn say today?? I've been praying for you, friend :hugs: How was the moving sale. Glad to have it over? Do you know where you will be living yet? Or will you look into it when you arrive? I hope that you will have internet and will be able to stay in touch!!

Mom2four (five)... So happy to hear from you and congrats!! Praying for a happy and healthy 9 months ...when are you due?

Mrs.Jess.... How are you feeling?

Mommy...thank you so much for your support, even as you take care of your newborn...it means a lot. I have tried buying new outfits, and special date nights and this usually helps. I think , as you suspected, that the trigger is what really added the pressure this month. We are really tying to be a " normal" couple..but this times intercourse thing, with multiple ultrasounds, meds,etc. has made everything so scientific, almost, as is taking away the passion. I am praying that this all works out though and that we will not have many more ( if any) months like this. How are you and your sweet little boy doing?

Auberry...I am praying for you too. Don't worry about when or how this happens...as long as it does, and it will! I too, often feel like I am really behind in having a family. When I first started ttc, I had many friends I without kids, and two not even married yet. And now, I am the only one without any children, and many of then have or are pregnant with #2. But all I can do is ask for patience and stay hopefull. It's very hard to remain positive some days, but we have to stay strong and believe that it will happen. I have have wanted children my whole life and waited until my late twenties, as DH and I was establishing careers, and now I am 31 and have been ttc #1 for 3 yrs. I know what it is like to feel like time is flying by! But I really think to that You are in good hands now with your RE!

Jazlyn...good luck with everything!!!! Get back to us when he is here and let's us know how you are doing. Praying for a safe and happy delivery!

AFM ...As it said before, I had a family filled weekend...which was nice but busy.i t was not exactly well timed since it was also the weekend I Oed ( I think...and hope). My cold only got worse and by Sunday I was feeling so tired and had such a sore throat. I had to mouth the words instead of singing Sunday morning! Anyway, I threw a lovely Easter meal, just the same ( if I do say so myself!). Unfortunately, I was so tired that we didn't BD until Sunday night again. Do you all think that we BDed enough...I triggered Friday morning and had a stong positive on opk sat morning. We BDed Friday night! Saturday afternoon and Sunday night. I am worried that too much time passed between Sat. aft. And Sunday night. I hope that we caught the egg, or at least had some good swimmers waiting around when it dropped!
I am still not feeling the best today and am not sure that we will try tonight. It is taking the good out of us :(
Me ( Amy) and DH-31
Married Aug 2010
Ttc #1 since Sept. 2011
M/c July 2013 ( 6wks5d)
Wishing&Prayingfor#1
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups