Trying for BFP after using withdrawal as BC - Part 11!!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Trying for BFP after using withdrawal as BC - Part 11!!

Postby lukyj » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Wow you really are ready! She will be here any minute. Yay! So exciting. I love lil babies. One of the women at church just had a baby girl. She is sooo tiny. She is only 3/4 of an inch shorter than Madeline was, and half a pound lighter, but she looks so much smaller. I am in no rush to have another but I can't wait to have another. LOL
me -37
bf-38

:bfp: 8/29/2013
Our 1st baby girl, born May 15th, 2014. Born at 41 weeks and 2 days by csection.
lukyj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:42 am

Annie! You are ALL baby! I can't wait to hear how things progress from here on out. Shouldn't be long now!

Jenn, I hear you...I can't wait to have another one too. I am seriously nuts since Owen is just 3 weeks old, but I want to get pregnant and have a baby just one more time.
DH says we're done, but I'm not totally convinced that he is. LOL
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11
8/12/13 - :angel: (MMC 11 weeks; D&C) My angel, forever in my heart and always on my mind, Mommy loves you...can't wait to meet you in Heaven!
4/22/14 - :bfp: our rainbow baby
8/12/14- It's another BOY!
DS2- Owen Lane arrived 1/2/2015 :baby tumble:

Will we have another?? Praying for God's will and following His direction for our lives. We shall see!
MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:43 am

Oh, and here is the newest pic.
Attachments
2015-01-23_18.57.03.jpg
2015-01-23_18.57.03.jpg (63.65 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11
8/12/13 - :angel: (MMC 11 weeks; D&C) My angel, forever in my heart and always on my mind, Mommy loves you...can't wait to meet you in Heaven!

Will we have another?? Praying for God's will and following His direction for our lives. We shall see!
MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lukyj » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Eh, you could probably convince him. Owen is so dang cute!
me -37
bf-38

Our 1st baby girl, born May 15th, 2014. Born at 41 weeks and 2 days by csection.
lukyj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:43 pm

I don't know, Jenn...we talked the other day and he seemed firm. Says he's too old, LOL. He's about to be 39 , so I guess he'd be 40 or older before another one comes along. I don't think that's too old, but I understand where he's coming from. Still, I got emotional when when putting away my maternity clothes and I am actually mourning my pregnancy a bit. I wonder if that's some sort of post partum symptom? :?
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11

MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CharlieDean » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Mel- Owen is ridiculously cute!! I think it's normal to feel that way about your last pregnancy (probably your last). Plus your hormones aren't totally back to normal yet. My hubby is 45 and he's 100% done and I do worry that I'll be hit with serious baby fever later on, as I'm only 33 and still have some good baby-making years left in me >But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess. Right now I feel like two is enough of course, being 6 days past due and going crazy! The thought of ever getting pregnant again makes me want to die! lol
Me - Annie (32) DH (44) DD (Born August 23, 2012)
TTC #2 since May 28, 2013

My Ovulation Chart
CharlieDean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lukyj » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:41 am

Mel, I hope you can change his mind one day. If not, you have a beautiful family. I'm sure you have a ton of hormones helping you to feel mournful of your pregnancy. Shoot, I was emotional through til around Thanksgiving. So about 6 mpp?I hope I can have at least one more.

Annie, what is the plan? I mean, how far overdue they gonna let you go before they induce?

Both of y'all's husband's are young. I don't wanna hear this bs they're too old. They aren't grandpa's.
me -37
bf-38

lukyj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:25 pm

Thanks, Annie! I appreciate your compliments on Owen and your input. I cannot believe you are so overdue! I hooe they will induce for you soon. You must be ridiculously uncomfortable, poor thing. Hopefully the next time we hear from you, you'll be sharing pictures of your beautiful newborn princess.

Jenn, I'm glad to know that I am normal feeling emotional still. LOL! I hope you get to have more babies too. Does Art want more soon?
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11

MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:28 pm

Oh, and we turned 4 weeks yesterday. Here's a new pic! They change so quickly!
Attachments
0129151740d-1.jpg
0129151740d-1.jpg (75.53 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11

MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:31 am

Hey, Tiff! So great to hear from you!! Your ring is absolutely beautiful. Congrats!! When are you getting married?
In your siggy it says you'll be trying in Feb 2015. So you'll be trying this month?? How exciting!!
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11

MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lukyj » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:44 pm

Hey Mel! No problem. I know it's been a while since you had a baby. It's easy to forget how it was afterward. Art and I don't want them too soon. I'd like to wait til Madeline is 2, but if God decides sooner, then so be it. Love Owens latest. He is adorable.

Hi Tiff! Love your ring! It's beautiful. So glad you are doing well and so close to finishing school. It feels as though you just started when we first met you.
me -37
bf-38

lukyj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lukyj » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:37 am

Annie!!!!! Bubbs has to be here by now! Dying over here!
me -37
bf-38

lukyj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CharlieDean » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I went so long without updating! It's been a helluva couple of weeks. My beautiful Skye Ann is here! She arrived January 31 weighing in at 8 lbs, 12 1/2 oz. And I got my vbac and it was the most incredible experience!! The recovery has been a bit rough. I've had terrible hemorrhoids that had me in agony for over a week, as well as pubic symphysis dysfunction which left me unable to walk or change positions in bed for several days. Thankfully that was temporary, though I still feel it sometimes it's much, much better and the hemorrhoids are almost gone. Who'd have thought those would be worse than an episiotomy! Anyway, here is some spam and while I'm at it I'll post my birth story from my journal, though it's a bit long-winded. I'll catch up with everyone later. Skye is finally sleeping and i need to go to sleep. She was awake ALL DAY today and wanted to be attached to the boob every minute, and of course I have a two-year-old to keep entertained all day so it's kind of exhausting yet great.

Saturday, January 31, 2015
Where to begin. I guess I’ll begin by saying Skye Ann MacLeod is here!! I got my VBAC and I am so, so thrilled with the way everything went down.
So I’d, of course, been having steady contractions for roughly four days that kept getting stronger, especially when lying down, tricking me into thinking it was time to head to hospital, and then they would fizzle out. I was exhausted and frustrated but yesterday night I started thinking the contractions felt a little different and stronger, but didn’t want to get my hopes up.
Around 2 am I awoke to the unmistakable feeling of my waters breaking. I nudged Dean awake and told him, and it took him a minute to believe me because he had been dreaming about babies and labour and thought it was part of his dream.
So we got our stuff together and ran around like headless chickens. Quite the déjà vu feeling. Everyone told me it’s not likely that the waters will break to kick off labour but it has now happened with both my babies!
I felt good about the fact that my waters didn’t gush and gush endlessly like they had with Jo, leading me to think maybe this baby had descended and her head was plugging the hole, so to speak. That never happened the last time.
We had to wake up Josephine and she was surprisingly good about the whole thing. After waking up a little grumpy we bribed her with cheese, her favourite thing on earth, and off we went! Dean called Dan, who was driving down from Regina to watch Jo while I had the baby.
The contractions this time were back to back from the start, and all the nurses commented with pity how little time I had to recover in between them. After a couple of hours a nurse checked me and I was still a little under 2 cm, so not much change. I began to wonder if I could handle it, having slept so little in the past week and not being allowed to eat while in labour in case I needed another c-section.
I asked about an epidural. I wasn’t sure I wanted to go that route, but wanted to know what my options were. The nurse said it was way too early for an epidural, but she could give me a shot of morphine to relax me, because I was tensed right up from the constant contractions. I declined several times, but after about an hour she offered again and I said okay, so I got a shot of morphine. It was a low dose and didn’t really take the pain away, but I was able to relax in between contractions, and it helped space them out a little bit more. I was a little worried it would slow down labour, but I needed that.
I was still 2cm two hours later. About 1.5 hrs after that, after just lying down and moaning through the contractions, I thought they were stronger than anything I’d felt with Josephine, but thought maybe my memory of her labour was just a little fuzzy. I pressed the call button for a nurse and told her I was feeling some pressure, and she said she would check me, and I could tell she was humouring me and didn’t think there’d be much of a change. She checked me and said, “I need to get a second opinion about something.” I thought I heard her say, “You’re about a two” so I thought I was still 2 cm and felt like crying. Just like the last time, I thought. That’s when I knew an epidural was in my future because I could not take that kind of pain for 8 more hours. Guess I misunderstood her. She came back with another nurse who confirmed that I was almost completely dilated, with just the lip of the cervix left! Hallelujah!!! They were both shocked, and the doctor later said he was shocked as well to get another call so soon, telling him that it was almost time for me to push.
I had to wait for the lip of the cervix to be out of the way, and that was brutal because my body was already trying to push and it took everything I had to hold back. They let me use some gas to try and help hold back until it was time to push.
The nurses were all excited that I had progressed so quickly, so they were laughing a lot and joking around with Dean and the doctor. For just a moment I wanted them all dead. Including Dean. This was not fun, dammit!
Finally a nurse checked me and the cervix was out of the way so I started pushing and that felt so good and so excruciatingly horrible all at the same time. For about thirty minutes I pushed and the head kept slipping back, but soon enough I felt the head coming. I pushed with all my might and then the doc made me stop so he could suction the baby (there was meconium) and try to turn her into a better position. Turns out she wasn’t pointed in quite the right direction, so her shoulders didn’t have room to come out, which the doctor later told me is called shoulder dystrocia, which can be quite serious.
He told me he was going to have to do an episiotomy, because of the shoulder and the fact that the baby was going into distress, and she needed to get out of there ASAP. He also had to use a suction thingy on her head, which wasn’t as scary as I’d always imagined, although in that moment if he had pulled out a chain saw I would have been like, “Whatever you have to do!”
I pushed and pushed, with the nurses yelling, “Harder! Harder!” and finally felt the shoulders come out and the rest of the body slithered right out. I thought it felt like a huge, wet fish coming out of me.
They put her on my chest right away, and I finally got to feel that rush of euphoria I’d heard so much about, and I just started sobbing uncontrollably. They suctioned her some more and after a minute or so she started crying, music to my ears. Then I relaxed a bit. They put her on my chest for a minute before taking her for more suctioning and to check her out. She was totally perfect. At one point I asked the doc about the placenta and he said it was already out. “So I don’t have to push anything else out?!” I was so relieved!
I couldn’t believe what I had just done, and that it was finally over and our little girl was here at last! I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I would end up with another c-section, which wouldn’t be the end of the world as long as the baby came out healthy, but I really wanted to experience childbirth. I still keep smiling like a fool when it hits me all over again that I did it! And I’m glad this is our last kid and I never have to do that crazy s**t ever again.
Skye is such a cutie. She’s sleeping in a clear bassinet beside me as I type this.
Josephine met her today and it was hilarious. At first she seemed creeped out by this whole thing, but soon she was going, “Awww. She’s pretty cute, hey?” She wanted to watch her “baby sisser” constantly, pet her head and help change her bum. She proudly handed Daddy the diaper and wipes, and kept asking to carry her but we found ways to distract her when that came up. A little too little yet. She also said, “She not in your tummy anymore!” What a girl. I love both of my girls so much and I’m so happy that our little family is complete.
Attachments
skye tww.jpg
skye tww.jpg (65.87 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
skye tww2.jpg
skye tww2.jpg (86.93 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Me - Annie (32) DH (44) DD (Born August 23, 2012)
TTC #2 since May 28, 2013

My Ovulation Chart
CharlieDean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lukyj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:03 am

Awe Annie! I'm so happy for you! You got what you wanted. It's making me very teary. What a great birth story. She is such a beautiful little chubawub! Can't wait to see more pics! I've been dying to see a post from you. So happy all is well :)
me -37
bf-38

lukyj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Annie! So happy you posted! I've been thinking of you and Jenn told me to come back and read your birth story. You ROCK doing it naturally. I'm so impressed. Your little Skye Anne is gorgeous! Sorry about the hemorrhoids. I had them too, so badly I had to have pain meds for a few days after delivery. The trauma there was far worse than my lady parts. LOL!

Get some rest! And come back to post new pics soon! :D
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11

MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups