TTC Muslim support

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC Muslim support

Postby stillhopeful85 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:16 am

Assalamalaikom,

I'm not sure if there is anyone on here that is of the Islamic faith, but I thought it would be nice to have a group where we could share verses of the Quran, ahadith and other support that would help with our ttc journeys.

Being ttc for 15 months so far has been hard! But my faith in Allah (swt) has kept me going. Before ttc I never used to pray, and now alhamdullilah I complete all 5 prayers and am continuing to learn about Islam. Because of this infertility I have grown closer to Allah (swt) and his religion and I am happier as a person. I have learnt to be patient, stronger and am more empathetic to others... And so it is a hardship, but also a blessing.
IA Allah (swt) will bless me with a healthy, pious child and I know after this I will appreciate it so much more.

According to the Quran Allah (swt) never trials a person except that he also sends many blessings at the same time of this trial. Even though ttc for this long is difficult, alhamdullilah I have my wonderful daughter, a wonderful husband, my health, a house, family etc etc.. :D

iA a baby will happen. Allah (swt) blesses those who ask, in this world or the next.

Anyone is welcome to join (hoping it is not just me on this buddy group!) I hope we can offer information on ttc, religious support and general guidance. xxx

"Give glad tidings to the As-sabiroon (the patient)" Surah Bakarah, v155 (chapter 2, v155, Quran)
Last edited by stillhopeful85 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

-Actively ttc since December 2013.
-PCOS with Irregular cycles.
-HSG (Jan 2015) showed clear tubes.
-First clomid cycle (Feb/March 2015). Chemical pregnancy.
-second clomid cycle March/April 2015.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC Muslim support

Postby Dana.Mum » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:41 am

Wa Alaikum Alsalam!

That's really good that you started praying and that you've gotten closer to Allah, that by itself is indeed a blessing, Alhamdulilah :). Awh, 15 months is a long time! I pray that you have your little bundle of joy soon when the time is right, by the will of Allah.

My favourite prayer/verse from the Quran is Prophet Zakariya's prayer <<O my Lord! Grant me from You a good offspring. You are indeed the all-Hearer of invocation>>(3:38). I love Prophet Zakariya's story and how Allah blessed him with Yahya, it really touches my heart and gives me strength.

I also love this hadith: The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Amazing is the affair of the believer, verily all of his affair is good. If something of good/happiness befalls him he is grateful and that is good for him. If something of harm befalls him he is patient and that is good for him”. I truly hope Allah grants us both and everyone else patience during TTC, and gratitude after conceiving, by the will of Allah.

A little background about myself :o)
I'm Canadian, and my DH is Australian, We've been married for 4 years (Alhamdulilah), and been TTC for a while now. We suffered many "losses", but we've seen and continue to see the wisdom and blessings behind each and every one of them (Alhamdulilah).

Do you temp or use OPKs? What CD are you now?
I'm CD 10, waiting to O (Which should be around CD15, If Allah wills). Never used OPKs, but I do temp!
I also have a 26-30 day cycle, and I'm TTC#1 :)
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 am

So nice to hear from you! I think you were also part of the post with ttcmuslimah. I commented on there and then completely forgot what it was called and can’t find the post again… Silly me.

I love the opening of Surah 19, it brings me to tears almost everytime: “My Lord, how will I have a boy when my wife has been barren and I have reached extreme old age?” Subhanallah, it is amazing. Also, later the story of Maryam (as), by herself, giving birth, amazing. Then a river was brought to her and she had dates from the palm tree she was resting against. (With hardship – comes ease).

I really love that and used to read it a lot more often when starting ttc.
Thanks also for the reminder of that hadith, it really tells you what attitude to have during all of this, isn’t it? Amin - it will happen for us both iA.

It’s sad to hear about your losses, I looked in more detail at your signature – subhanallah you and your DH are so patient mA. Remember that for those who are patient following the death of a child, Allah will grant that child to intercede for them on yomul qiyaamah. I pray that is the case for you iA.
I also pray that you have a healthy babe soon iA.

How is it living in Aus? I live in London, born and raised. I’ve always wanted to visit Oz, but so far away and so expensive.

Good to hear you are about to O. I’m on CD 2 at the moment. This was the first AF after my HSG. Tubes were all good. …And this is the first time I am taking Clomid. I had perfect regular cycles, conceived baby 1 at 20 years old, no difficulty there. Now I'm 29 and ttc is quite different. I went to work after baby 1, a few years after that I was diagnosed with PCOS (this was about 2 years ago) when my cycles had been extremely irregular for some time. My cycles their way back to 28-30 days a year ago, which I was ecstatic about – but then I read fertilitea is really good for ttc and I had that for 6 weeks and now my cycles are 35-42 days. it is excrutiating waiting 2-3 weeks just to ovulate. I hope Clomid does something to help me Ovulate earlier. I don’t know though. We’re doing our best. Ia when it’s time. I do temp – started this about 3 cycles ago, it’s fantastic! I am so glad I temp. It really helps me understand why my period isn’t here on day 28 for example.

Good luck this fertile window xxx :)
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Oooo, Surah 19 is one of my favourites!
Yes!! <<And Verily, with every hardship comes ease . Verily with every hardship comes ease>> (94:5-6).
SubhanAllah, Did you know that these 2 verses, linguistically, means that there are two different eases for every single hardship? I just learnt that a couple of months ago, and it made me so very happy!

We tried to be patient, but we've learnt a lot in this journey so far. We just need to trust Allah, and always be grateful for what we have, even though we don't have what we want, because we never know what's good for us.

Which kind of reminds me of this beautiful Hadith: The Prophet pbuh said, <<Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am....’>>, Ibn Hajar said: “meaning, I am able to do whatever he expects I will do.”[Fath al-Bari]
and Imam Nawawi said: “The scholars say that expecting the best of Allah is to expect that He will have Mercy on him and relieve him of hardship.”[Sharh Sahih Muslim]. The rest of the Hadith is even more beautiful :o)

I've never been to London :o(
Living in Australia is great (Alhamdulilah) once you get used to the weather! But like you said, it's just so far from everything, especially my family, lol.

Ooo, I hope Clomid does the trick, iA! When are you planning to take it? Days 5-9?
Have you tried Red Raspberry Leaf Tea? I read that it helps shorten long cycles!

Yay! Can you attach your chart to your signature? I'd love to stalk you (creepiness unintended, lol)!
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:30 am

Salam,
yes I heard it means many blessings - of course when you think about it, it's totally true. I'm feeling really cosy in my house right now, it's raining outside. Subhanallah all those homeless and poor people around the world. So many things we have to be grateful for. Alhamdullilah.
Thanks for sharing the hadith, I hadn't heard of that before, it's definitely helpful. :)

Aussie weather must be a huge change to Canada. Wow! I love the sun 8) and I get really miserable in the winter because of it lol.. I'd love to just hibernate the whole of it.

I have been hearing about rasberry leaf tea helping, but I'm worried it's just another thing I'm adding that may mess up my cycles even more! I've had that problem before with the vitex. I'm really hoping clomid will do the trick too. My doctor said to take it days 2-6, so that's what I have been doing. Im only on the second pill tho (CD3) today, there's still a lot of month left! Ahh it's a loooonnnggg way away. But, I am hoping it does the trick.. a lot!

Have you ever heard of Hijama? (It's the Islamic method of cupping - the Chinese do it too, but their method is slightly different). Anyway, I had one session last month and it was really cleansing, like the lady showed me the toxins that came out of the cups. If you haven't done it, I'd really recommend it. I'm having my second one tomorrow for PCOS/fertility related hijama. She said it clears any cysts. I was really nervous before having it done, but after I didn't think it was too bad and it was totally worth it. Anyway, thought I'd share - it could help!

I'll try and attach my chart (really not sure how), although it is completely uneventful at the mo, because I'm on cd3.

xx

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:40 am

Salam Stillhopeful!!

Aaaah, It's been years since I've seen snow.. I sure miss it.
It's hot here most of the days, subhanAllah. I love rainy weather, especially when I'm in bed, or laying on the couch!!

Yeah, you wouldn't want to try more than one thing per cycle, it can be way too confusing, haha.
So, Days 2-6, that's really good, iA it works! You might even have twins, have you ever thought about that? Personally, I'd love to have twins, iA if it's khair!

and Yes! I've heard a lot about Hijama, I was actually talking to my husband about it the other day because of his back (he lifted a heavy desk all by himself :doh: and had to stay in bed and pray while sitting down for a week! He's gotten better Alhamdulilah, but still complains every now and then).. But yeah, I never really thought of doing it, I might actually try it after my husband gives it a go. Just thinking about it freaks me out, lol. Hopefully I find a lady who's good at it!
Did it hurt? Let me know how it goes!

I might resume temping tomorrow, I usually start right after AF leaves, but for some reason I just didn't feel like it this time around. I also feel like I might O sooner than CD15, because that usually happens when I pull more than three all nighters before I O, Allah A'lam..

Btw, How's the Clomid so far? Any apparent side effects?
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Salaam! So nice to see a Muslim group on here. I hope you don't mind if I join. I have one daughter through mini ivf and am ttc #2. She was born after 9 years of marriage and almost 5 years of ttc. It was a long and expensive journey! I cried so much during ttc #1. I did two IUIs and one mini ivf before the second ivf cycle worked alhumdulillah. I completely agree that this has increased my faith and made me a better person. People would tell me that I wouldn't have kids but Allah has power over everything, and it doesn't matter what anyone says. I am determined to have one more child inshaAllah bc I was an only child and don't want my daughter to go thru that. My mom passed away many years ago and I just want her to have as much family as possible. I've been ttc for the second since October 2013 and nothing yet. If I have to do ivf again, then I pray Allah puts shifa in it, but it's just so expensive. We have no infertility coverage.

I pray that you all get your bfps quickly inshaAllah.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sweettee7011 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:09 am

Wa Alaykum as salaam
I am also muslim alhamdulillah and TTC for a month I have a 6 year old son with my ex and now ttc again insha Allah

Me 38
DH 42
DD 18
DD 16
DS 6 my tubal reversal baby
Sweettee7011
Friend

Postby stillhopeful85 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:28 am

Assalamoalikom ladies, welcome bbe, glad you have joined :)

You journey is inspiring alh. And it's really heart-warming to hear you conceived baby ~ 1 successfully after so long of trying. Mashallah, iA she is pious and raises your status in jannah (Ameen). iA you'll have a second child soon. I started trying for baby number 2 actively in December 2013 (close to you, so know how you must be feeling too) but I am really struggling today. I think we all have our ups and downs, but today has been a downer.

DH and I agreed that we'd go to a private clinic and have a cycle of fertility drugs/triggering/scans/bloodwork to know exactly what is happening in each cycle. And the time has come for me to book that, but the clinic I called says they don't do it - which is fine (maybe another clinic will), but then I asked about IVF prices and like you just said, tooooo expensive.

I really thought I could afford it but the lady on the phone said everything adds up to between £10,000 and £20,000. So wow. I'm having a 'if clomid doesn't work then I don't really have any other options' moment. I don't know, I should have more reasons to feel positive today: we are on clomid for the first time, I'm going for my 2nd hijama session in a couple of hours (all good things that will help iA). But, I'm just having one of those days.

Anyway, sorry to both of you for being so blahhh, especially on this group. iA I will shake out of it. I think it's also that when I have AF I feel much less of a spiritual connection (because I'm not doing my salah), that has such an impact on my attitude. Because you feel blah, then you do salah and you go back to good mood.

Anyway, I hope Allah (swt) in his mercy allows me to conceive from just the clomid (*praying*).

So welcome :) I hope I haven't scared you away already. It's really amazing that you are so thoughtful about your daughter and her having family because your mum passed away (may her grave be illuminated with light and expanded-Ameen). iA she will have support and Allah will protect her too. I know how you feel (mine is 8 and an only child) and I worry the same sometimes.

@Dana- I have thought about twins a lot, but at this moment I'm just hoping for one. If it's twins then really Allah is Akbar, subhanallah, but just praying for one at least iA.
I do totally recommend hijama for your husband. My auntie has a bad back, had for dislocated hip for years and years, it's gotten increasingly worse and she was going to start heavy treatment/surgery with doctors. She has been going for regular hijama lately and she says she's a good % better because of it and holding off on surgery.

My first time I had it done, I didn't feel different, but my issue is infertility and I got to see the evidence of the blood that was drawn, so that makes me realise how much it has worked. IA in a couple of hours, I'll go for my PCOS and infertility related session (which is done during AF). I'm really hoping that makes a big difference iA -make dua for me ladies.

I'd also recommend it for you (@Dana) (if you don't mind me saying), because for miscarriages the issue is slightly different. I'd recommend the hijama and listening to ruqyah everyday (just in case of nazr). The power of the Quran (the best medicine iA).
One other point (possibly to consider) when I rang the IVF clinic today, they mentioned something called 'immune testing'. It checks your immune system and its response to pregnancy. For some people their immune system thinks the embryo is something that needs to be fought, which leads to miscarriage. Anyway, that might not relate to you at all - but I thought I'd share it you for info.

I was freaked out about the hijama before my 1st session but then when it was over I was like 'oh, yeh that weren't too bad'. Basically waxing your legs hurts so much more. The needles don't go inside you, they scratch the surface of your skin (I don't know how the blood comes out of tiny scratches, but it does.
It's recommended by the prophet saw, so it's good. But yes, you have to find a lady who is good at it :)

I don't know if I've overstepped at all in this post with the hijama/miscarriage talk. I'm sorry if I have. I've just heard a lot of stories and really wanted to share my recommendation for it.

Apologies for the negativity at the start of the posts.
iA I'm freaking out unnecessarily and this will all work out for all of us. Make dua!! xxx
Last edited by stillhopeful85 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:31 am

Salam sweettee literally say your post after writing - Welcome too ! :) Very nice to hear more voices. Alhamdullilah to your 6 year old. And iA you won't be here ttcing as long as us. Where are you from? Have you had any testing done or have you just gone straight to ttcing? Good luck, hope to learn more about you iA xxx :D

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sweettee7011 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:44 am

No testing done I have only been ttc'ing for a month but I am hopeful that Allah will bless us all in conceiving righteous offsprings. I live in Philadelphia, Pa but from Pittsburgh, PA

Me 38
DH 42
DD 18
DD 16
DS 6 my tubal reversal baby
Sweettee7011
Friend

Postby Dana.Mum » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:47 am

Salam Girls!

-sweettee, Welcome! like stillhopeful said, hopefully you won't have to ttc as long as us! I can see you're 11dpo! How long are your cycles normally? When are you planning to test?? Any symptoms?

-bbe, Welcome! Awh subhanAllah, may Allah reward you immensely for your patience and for the hardships you went through. Hopefully, by His will, you'll conceive again much much sooner than last time, iA. Put your trust in Allah, he knows when is the best time for you and your family, all we have to do is keep trying and praying, Alhamdulilah! I'm so sorry about your mum, may Allah grant her Paradise, have mercy on her and forgive all her sins, ameen.

-stillhopeful, Awh I'm so sorry you're having one of those days, I totally get how not praying makes you feel "blah". Not to mention the mood swings and the overall feeling of AF's visit. I pray that clomid works for you, iA!
Not sure if this helps, but I watched an amazing video yesterday that left me in complete awe, and I immediately remembered the verse: "Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging." [23:13]. http://youtu.be/BFrVmDgh4v4

I have been reading the Ruqya, and sometimes *not so much lately* Surah al-Baqarah once every three days.. However, I always tend to forget reading the Remembrance in Mornings and Evenings (Adhkar).. I'm working on that iA.
Hope the Hijama session went well, iA! Also, Alhamdulilah your auntie's feeling better! may Allah grant her full recovery!

Thank you for sharing! I have done a lot of RPL testings including the autoimmune testings, all was good Alhamdulilah.. The thing is, 2 of my miscarriages have been due to chromosomal abnormalities (T18 and T13). The others haven't been tested, so it may be chromosomal problems as well. We did Karyotyping for both me and DH, and Alhamdulilah, no problems there. The doctor just told us to keep trying. I was looking into the Ovarian reserve test.. not sure if the problem is simply "poor ovarian function" though.

Anyways, are you planning to trigger this cycle? hopefully you find another private clinic soon!
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Jzk khair for the welcome and kind words, I really appreciate it all.

Still hopeful, I know how you feel about AF. I hate her with a passion. I feel depressed just before she shows, I think as a pms symptom. InshaAllah you won't need ivf. I'm scared to go thru that process again bc of the financial and emotional stress. Especially financially bc I don't work after having dd so I can't contribute this time. Most of the reduced cost or free ivf clinical trials are for women over 35 so I don't qualify for those.

Dana, inshaAllah you'll have a full term pregnancy and healthy baby soon. When my first ivf didn't work, I also listened to Ruqya and read the 4th Kalima 100 times morning and night. I've done hijama too, but I don't know anyone who does it close to where I live.

Sweette, inshaAllah it happens soon.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 pm

-bbe, inshaAllah! Keep me in your Duas! You'll definitely be in mine, inshaAllah.
I don't know if I'll find a lady here who can do Hijama, but I'll keep looking for sure as I'm seriously thinking about trying it!
If you don't mind me asking, during the 5 years of ttc#1, have you done any testings before the IUIs and IVFs? Have you tried clomid, Vitex ... etc? Do you temp and use OPKs? How about your cycles? Are they regular or irregular? I really hope you don't go through IVF again, inshaAllah... :(
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:36 am

Salam again ladies, I hope you are all in good health and spirits iA.

Thank you for the link @Dana (subhanallah isn't it amazing) and thanks for the understanding and to you @bbe. I know what you feel like bbe with the whole work thing. I hope neither of us have to go through IVF (for you again), I have been thinking lately that if we do, I would definitely have to go back to work and I've just taken time off, so I don't want to have to go down that road. Stay at home mum definitely sounds more appealing.

sweettee I don't know how you are holding off testing (you can pretty much test from 11dpo) lol. but it is definitely better to not test early if you have the strength.

Hijama went well alhamdullilah. I had it done yesterday; the sunnah points, period point, 3 lower back and 3 dry ones on tummy. It turns out my left ovary had some issues (i always thought it was my right one?) and the womb had 'dampness' inside (foam in the blood drawn). There may have also been some cysts inside, since the texture of the blood drawn indicated this. iA I'll see a difference soon in my cycles and in ttc iA iA!!

Just a point about finding a lady to do it, please go to someone only on recommendation. My lady was telling me a story one of her new clients was telling her about a past hijama experience. The right way to do it: is ask you about your health, sleep, issues and then to do it: they apply tight pressure cups to draw the toxins on points (usually they start with sunnah points), they leave these cups for a few minutes and then take them off. Then she starts scratching with a needle whilst you read Aital Kursi and the 4 Qools. Then she reapplies cups on that area, applies the pressues to cups and leaves for another couple of minutes. When the blood is drawn, then they do an analysis of the blood and let you know what is up.

If anyone does anything different, asks you personal questions about your family (names etc), your DOB, tries to tell you that there is a member of your family that is doing something or whatever, then don't use that person. Hijama is just hijama - The evidence drawn from your body does the talking. Mine charges £20. Which is very reasonable. I've heard people pay up to £50 a session, but I personally think any more than that isn't quite right.

Anyway thought i'd share those details, because I was a bit worried when I heard her tell me there are dodgy hijama people out there!

Cd5 - so bored. There's nothing exciting that ever happens at CD5. This month, I'm focussing on the hijama, using clomid, EPO and grapefruit juice. And I've just had my HSG last cycle. So there's a lot that's happened actually lol. No triggering this cycle - i don't have that option unfortunately. Only thing I'll have is 21 blood to see if I ovulated or not. And will start testing as early as I can lol. No symtoms from the clomid, not sure if that's a good thing or not?

Where is anybody else at in their cycle? Anything exciting happening?

xxx

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups