TTC Muslim support

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC Muslim support

Postby johsonsa » Fri May 15, 2015 11:04 am

Asalamu alaykum!

My name is Sarah, I have been married since 2001. We started TTC in late 2005. At first we didn't worry too much, we just let things be and enjoyed the benefit of being young and child free. Two years went by and no baby not even a miscarriage..nothing at all. It took me a year after that to convince my husband to do a SA for some reason he just didn't want to part with it. It wasn't until a Muslim female Dr. gave him a really strong lecture..lol I still remember her boy she was mad at him...and when she spoke to him it was like a huge weight was lifted over my shoulders she said everything I had been saying and thinking.

So his results came back and he was fine...it was 100% me. I don't think I have ever felt so sad, as that day. I could definitely say it was the worst day in my whole life. The Dr. tried to comfort me and tell me these things happen and he was sure that I would one be pregnant and women. That was 4 years ago. After the result came in life just got busy I decide to focus on finishing school my husband was busy focusing on building a business, in the four years every month I would be filled with hope that my duas would be answered, and that magic I would be just like everyone else and my dream of becoming a mother would finally happen but it didn't. In the end of 2013 I went back to the Dr to do more investigation as to why I was getting pregnant they send me to OBGYN it took me three months to get an appointment then 3 months to get her results. She simple told me well your not ovulating and you need to lose weight. Try weight watcher's, and take the clomid on the third day of your cycle and come back to see me next month. I did want she said but the next thing I knew I had to wait another three months for another appointment. During this time I we moved to another province and I know longer could see this dr. to my surprise it took me one day to see another OBGYN I had an appointment the same day I called he just continued where she left off and continued to give me Clomid at a high amount this time for 4 months. That just open a whole can of crazy on my body I was an emotional reck. so I went off and detoxed my body and just continued focusing on my health and well being and took a trip to Hajj. once I came back from Hajj I waited a few more months, I still had hope that I would need to do treatment and i would conceive naturally. I finally went to the RE at the Montreal Fertility Clinic. Started redoing my test results and found out I don't release any egg at all. Not even one follicle and the RE told me I was HypoThyroid and this is a normal symptom. of course my husband and I did when to look this up on Dr Google. we got scared and now the real stress of infertility showed it ugly. this fertility thing is really tough, and I' am looking for support is there any FB groups for sisters? Thread looks like it would be hard to keep up to date and I prefer a private FB group.
johsonsa
Friend

Postby Danaa » Fri May 15, 2015 11:25 am

Welcome Sarah,I'm so sorry for the pain you are going trough,you have been trough a lot!!TTC can consume your life and can cause spouses to separate!!Now that you know what are your problems you can fix them,I also deal with hypothyroidism but I have been on medication for a while and everything is under control but even before i had no problems!You say you don't O so I have an advice for you,find a good doctor that u are comfortable with and try a few rounds of injectables is a more aggressive approach but it gives results!!!I know is not easy to pay everything out of the pocket but if you can afford private care I would take it!!Have you had other tests done?cd3blood works,cd221,hsg?I don't have a facebook but maybe the other girls do!!Be strong,you are not alone!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby johsonsa » Fri May 15, 2015 1:18 pm

called the clinic they just told me to call back on my first of my period then they will talk about a course of action but until then I just have to wait.
Last edited by johsonsa on Fri May 15, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johsonsa
Friend

Postby johsonsa » Fri May 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Danaa wrote:Welcome Sarah,I'm so sorry for the pain you are going trough,you have been trough a lot!!TTC can consume your life and can cause spouses to separate!!Now that you know what are your problems you can fix them,I also deal with hypothyroidism but I have been on medication for a while and everything is under control but even before i had no problems!You say you don't O so I have an advice for you,find a good doctor that u are comfortable with and try a few rounds of injectables is a more aggressive approach but it gives results!!!I know is not easy to pay everything out of the pocket but if you can afford private care I would take it!!Have you had other tests done?cd3blood works,cd221,hsg?I don't have a facebook but maybe the other girls do!!Be strong,you are not alone!!!

Thanks Danaa, it the waiting time that is the trouble not the treatment cost, in Quebec Canada 100% of the drugs, IVF, IUI, & Some other things are free for residents. The issues is lack of service and long waiting times. it is not uncommon to see for five hours waiting for your appointment that scheduled. there a huge demand and not enough clinics so you're often treated pretty bad but it is free. they didn't put me on anything for my thyroid the doctors just ignored it because it is considered subclinical
johsonsa
Friend

Postby Dana.Mum » Fri May 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi Danaa!! I'll update my siggy soon inshaAllah. I feel like you didn't O yet (?), but great CM this cycle :D !! Hopefully this is it!

Sarah, Welcome! :hi: I'm so sorry you've been through a lot, inshaAllah you'll be a mother soon. I'm so glad you know what the problem is now, just try to push them for some medication and all will be under control and back to normal. That's amazing that drugs, IVF and IUI is free, take advantage of that!
Unfortunately, I do not have FB as well, but you can always subscribe to this thread to get notifications via email whenever someone replies, that ways you could be up to date.. I just log in whenever i'm free and catch up, lol.
I know you don't ovulate, but it wouldn't harm if you start temping, it'll be very useful later on..

What CD are you now? Do you have irregular periods? if not, how long are your cycles normally?

Bbe, InshaAllah you're good? Did you find out how much the meds will cost? KUP :)
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Sun May 17, 2015 8:49 am

Salaam guys! Been out of town for the weekend.

Sarah, welcome. I'm sorry that you're going through this but Allah is there to listen to your duas. InshaAllah I hope you find our thread supportive. it sounds like you just need a good RE. The wait times sound terrible but I agree with Danaa, is there any way you can get private care?

Danaa, glad you like your new neighborhood. I've moved a lot after getting married. I don't mind moving to another place in the same locality but not to a new state or anything. It's hard to keep starting over and making new friends.

Danas Mum, how are you? How are your studies? I did kind of get an estimate about the cost of meds and the menopur is the killer. My doc wants 20 vials! I emailed them asking if we could reduce the amount. I've been out of town so when I go back home I'll sit and figure it out iA.

Tty all later! You're all in my duas, pls remember me in yours.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Sun May 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Hello my lovely ladies,I hope you are doing well!!BBe Menopur is expensive I know,but why do you need 20vials?i had 3days of Menopur 75 and 3days of GonalF 100 and I had 5-6follies!But ur doc probably knows ur body and what works for you iA everything will work out and u will have your much wanted baby!!!Dana.mum I hope ur exams went well and ur blood work,I remember you said you had some tests done!!Yesss I had so much cm this cycle grapefruit juice agrees with me!!Im doing onother round of injectables next cycle I talked with my husband,the moving went great l!!!The house is big and nice!I was overwhelmed at the beginning by everything,but my husband made me feel better!!I believe i O Saturday or Sunday but as you can see I didn't had enough BD to believe I can get pregnant but I'm good I'm not stressed about it,if it happens good if not what can I say!!Sarah I hope you find a good doctor to help you!!Your problem is really simple I'm confident with a few rounds of stims you will get pregnant!!!iA we all will as soon as possible!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby humi_p » Mon May 18, 2015 2:28 am

Slms ladies!!!

Sarah, welcome! Hopefully you find the support you are loking for in our little thread, lucky we are a small group so its not that hard to keep up!

Danaa, maybe teh new house will be new beginnings and hopefully, after you "bless" each room hehe, something will stick iA! By the way, grapejuice- YUM!

bbe- Not done yet with exams, iA by the 21st i should be done, if i havent had a mental breakdown by then! hope your weekend break was awesome.

Dana.mum, I agree abou thte ramadan break in trying, its already so busy in ramadan, dont need the added stress of a tww!

As for me, I have just realised i dont have a 28 day cycle its more like 24/25days! Was checking my app the other day, i usually only ever open it to record BD and check when i "should" ovulate and it said the 11 May not the 14/15th that i originally thought! So i guess its OPKs for me from next month... Luckily BD everyday in any case (i know i know, we need hobbies!). DId have a streak of red in CM on saturday morning (5dpo??) so maaaaybe, just maaaybe something exciting is happening... havent had a single symptom yet so we shall see...

We need a BFP in the thread! iA we will all have a surprise before Eid, would be fantastic to be able to share news like that on such an amazing day right?

PS: Have you guys started doing the ramadam preps yet? and what is a usual day for you guys? Would be interesting to note the differences!
humi_p

Postby Danaa » Tue May 19, 2015 4:10 am

Humi I really hope that was IB!!!Actully my husband was so stressed out that is a miracle he wanted to BD,I didn't even had to ask for it lol,I believe I O yesterday and our BD timing is great,iA this new place brings us a baby!!!How is everyone else doing?I don't know much about Ramadan and preparations,I do know that when I was in Siria for Ramadan we used to
Go see family members and we ate together plus a lot of shopping was involved!:))
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby johsonsa » Tue May 19, 2015 3:04 pm

thank you for all the warm welcomes!

So we just finished updating all blood work and test it has been over a year and the RE requested an update.
My Husband SA was perfect (or course he was glowing with happiness) and we had the Dr clarify my ultrasound result as well I misunderstood what the RE said the results were that I had to many follicle completing and only one dominant. Which was resulting in a weak egg. He said hopefully it was a bad month, when we receive the new results and finish the Sonogram test we will sit down and talk about what opinion you will have. I started my menses today so next week I find out what the DR think would be a good plan of action.

Insha'Allah things will be able to be corrected easily. I really hope the test results are have improved from the last results.
johsonsa
Friend

Postby johsonsa » Tue May 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Danaa wrote:Humi I really hope that was IB!!!Actully my husband was so stressed out that is a miracle he wanted to BD,I didn't even had to ask for it lol,I believe I O yesterday and our BD timing is great,iA this new place brings us a baby!!!How is everyone else doing?I don't know much about Ramadan and preparations,I do know that when I was in Siria for Ramadan we used to
Go see family members and we ate together plus a lot of shopping was involved!:))

Insha'Allah I hope you will ur miracle....make lot of istighfaar, because it bring more Barak, terms of wealth and children to the believer from Allah. :D
johsonsa
Friend

Postby bbe » Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Humi, iA it's a good sign! It sounds like one. Well Ramadan for us means Iftar, then DH goes for taraweeh, and comes back and eats a meal. It gets late. Weekends we might go to someone's for Iftar, maybe one time I'll host a small Iftar at my place. I want to go for taraweeh but only if the masjid is accommodating for kids. DH prays at different places so sometkmes it's hard to tell. Last year I messed up my daughters schedule bc I would sleep in, so I'm going to try not to do that so much this year.

Sarah, great that DH is all good, iA you will do well with your RE.

Danaa, are you all moved in?

Danas Mum, how are you?

AFM, my RE agreed to reduce the menopur and increase the gonal f since I have a discount on gonal and not menopur, alhumdulillah. It should reduce my medication bill significantly inshaAllah. I'm trying to do more astighfar as well.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby humi_p » Fri May 22, 2015 6:00 am

slmz ladies and Jummuah mubarak!

caved last night and did an hpt with a 5hr hold (it was a brutal 5hrs!), completely negative, not even a hint of a line :angry:

Been in a horrible mood since last night, even fought with DH who was so confused he bought me flowers to say sorry! Started spotting today, told DH and he said he gets why i was moody last night.

We decided to have June as a last try and then take a break for 3 months becausei just heard that i'll be travelling overseas from May -June 2016...

How are you ladies doing?
humi_p

Postby bbe » Fri May 22, 2015 10:07 am

Humi, sorry about the bfn but maybe it's too soon to test? Traveling sounds fun! Where are you going?

I got a final estimate for my meds, it should be under $2000 inshaAllah with my discount.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Fri May 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Humi im really sorry about the bfn !!!Bbe im so happy u got ur meds!!!You got this!!!You can do it!!!Dana.mum how are you doing lady?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups