TTC Muslim support

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC Muslim support

Postby stillhopeful85 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:27 am

Aw i really do hope we all get our babies! And yes twins would just be a m a z i n g !

Welcomeeeee Danaa. I really hope Allah swt makes it easy for you to conceive and blesses you with beautiful babies soon Ameen. May they be pious and make a way for you to be closer to Allah swt and enter jannah iA.

Amina that is dedication to hair man lol. How long have you been married?
Mines wavy and was lovely and long, i used to straighten it sometimes, but I cut mine so short now, so i literally can just wash and go. Hehe.
Also i have been relaxed since 4 days only. Not sure how long it'll last. Usually go crazy around O time and then when AF is near. Lol

Do you all know the dua: rabbi habli mil la dunka dhuriyatan tayyiba innaka samid dua.
Look it up, it's meaning is lovely. My Lord grant me from you upright offspring for you hear all prayers.

I was listening to a talk (i think it was sheikh shady) he was saying that Allah swt loves to hear the voice of his servants making dua to him. When he hears the voice of someone who doesn't submit to him and won't change his ways, He swt says to the angels just give him what he wants now (plus those ppl get all rewards from their good deeds in this world).
For ppl who submit to him Allah swt loves to listen to him/her and their repeated dua. Allah swt gives his servants what they ask for (in this world or the next). When we make dua we should be firm in the knowledge that Allah swt WILL give it to us. (In this world or next).
As a Muslim we should never give up hope in Allah's mercy and his ability to accept our duas.
This trial is a purification for us iA. And as we talked about before when we have difficulty we have multiple eases.
So iA let's keep making dua and Allah swt in his mercy will enable us to conceive.

Wise words from sheikh Shady :)

Oh just wanna comment! Amina .. I've been ttc since Dec 2013
Live in London
am on cd9 today
Had my HSG last cycle
On nhs (they're giving me clomid right now, but looking to go private soon)
.. Any of that sound familiar? Haha.

I wonder how the other ladies are doing too? Xxx
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

-Actively ttc since December 2013.
-PCOS with Irregular cycles.
-HSG (Jan 2015) showed clear tubes.
-First clomid cycle (Feb/March 2015). Chemical pregnancy.
-second clomid cycle March/April 2015.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:57 am

Salam ladies!!

-Amouna, Welcome! I know exactly what you mean about family pressure, Fortunately they stopped pressuring us after many MCs BUT now it's just plain awkwardness.. Like, whenever a family member announces a pregnancy or just had a baby, they just act all awkward and secretive. Not sure which is worst, pressure or awkwardness. Oh well, haha. April will be here in no time, inshaAllah you get your bfp this cycle! Also thanks for telling me about the Hadith, so heart-warming <3.

-Danaa, Welcome!! (you have a lovely name btw, haha ;)) That dip on dpo10 looks promising, could be Implantation! and your symptoms, Eeeek! Are you planning to test before Friday? If not, Friday is soo close yet sooo far away!

-stillhopefull, Hmmm, guess I'll be buying grapefruit juice from now on as i never seem to have EWCM, just watery CM. Good to know! Also, I LOVE that prayer, one of my favorites <3, omg you HAVE to attach your ff chart to your siggy, I'm dying!

AFM- I've been sick this past couple of days :( Fever, Cold and Migraines. I haven't confirmed Ovulation due to fever, but I also don't think we caught the egg this cycle, I've been way too busy last week and we barely BDed because before I got sick, DH was... I'm feeling a bit down because I had a Final exam today and had to miss it (temp was almost 38!), now I have to repeat the unit, or try and get a medical report so I can sit the Final next Study period... and I have the worst migraine ever atm.
Also, I'm planning to POAS starting next Thursday (9-11dpo).

-bbe and sweettee, How are you??
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:06 am

Hello again and ty for welcoming me,Yes Dana I have a nice name lol:))that dip is making me worry I started progesteron today so I hope is implantation and not AF showing her ugly face!!!I can hold on until Friday to test bcs im scared of onother BFN:(like I told you ladies my husband is muslim but he doesn't pray:(he respects and believes in Allah but he doesn't pray or go to the mosque sometimes I wish he could be more close to Allah,so far we haven't encountered any difficulties bcs we are from diferent religions,he accepts mine and I accept his,our children will be muslim of course we discussed this from the beginning and I have no problem with that my concern is that bcs my husband will not know what to teach our kids regarding Islam,I don't know very much but I'm wiling to learn so I can talk about it with our children,my in laws speak arabic,just my SIL speaks english but sometimes is dificult to have a conversation bcs english is not my native language and same thing for her,you have any advice for me?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stillhopeful85 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:16 pm

@Dana(mom) I tried and almost got it! haha, I don't know how to embed it though, I have only managed to put the link in the signature. Do you know how to embed it? :D Also, I've gotta say I don't know if it's the grapefruit juice or the EPO but EWCM is there since CD8 and I only have random patches normally. So alhamdullilah, this is making me quite hopeful :) Sorry to hear you've been sick (and wow to that temp!), all sicknesses get rid of sins, so iA it's a purification for you and iA you'll feel better soon. What are you studying?

What CD are you Dana? Your chart says cd11? x

@Danaa - good luck with the testing. Did you say you have problems communicating in English? Because you write exceptionally well :D

In terms of advice regards what you will teach your children re. Islam there are a few different things you could do. I've managed to find someone who can come to my house 2 days a week and teach my daughter how to read the Quran fluently alhamdullilah. I try and motivate her to pray with me by attaching rewards to her prayers that she completes (she is really enjoying this). I try and bring our conversations back to Islam as much as possible, reminding her of her aspirations for achieving jannah (heaven) by doing as many good deeds as she can.
There are also some lovely children's books (fiction and workbooks) that you can easily buy nowadays and work through with children.

Remember children are born upon the fitrah, (they are pure and completely innocent when they are born). iA if you and your husband make the intention that you want your children to be good Muslims, iA Allah swt will guide them.

Just keep reaching out to people in your community that will help. Get to know the sisters at your local ICC (Islamic Cultural Centre) and a sheikh you could get sound advice from. And family.

For yourself / DH personally. If you're interested in learning more (that you can use knowledge to then teach your children), what I do to help me learn more about Islam is listen to online lectures (just on youtube).

Some names of ppl I listen to:

-Mufti Menk
-Yasir Qadhi (lectures on Seerah are particularly good), the Seerah means the life of the prophet Muhammad (saw)
-Nouman Ali Khan
-Sheikh Shady

(If you just type their names into youtube, a list of lectures they have given comes up). But they are in English.

Good luck (don't hesitate to ask any more questions if you need to and we will try and be as helpful as possible) xxx
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Ty for the recomndation stillhopefull and im really excited about my test,im afraid FF screwed up my O day and I'm 12 DPO today and not 10dpo but I did had a trigger shot and FF never made a mistake before,the huge temp drop of today has me very worried that AF is on her way but I'm also feeling positive bcs im having a few symptoms,light cramps,heartburn,strange taste in my mouth,vagina/uterine twinches,emotional,moody.Pls pray for me that I get good news!!Where are you ladies in ur cycle?When are you tasting?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bbe » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Still hopeful, that's good advice for everyone, jzk. I was listened to mufti menk's story about prophet Musa (Moses). It's so interesting.

Danaa, my dd is a result of mini ivf. I also have a blocked tube. Did your hsg show one open tube? I didn't get a lap done bc at the time DH had really low sperm count and my Drs said ivf was the best bet. I pray that I do have one tube that's open but I've never conceived naturally.

I don't really chart anymore. I did use opks, but I didn't stick with it. I track my cycle on fertility friend but I don't check for ovulation diligently. It's just that I tried all that and it didn't work. So I just guess when I'm ovulating.

May Allah make it easy for all of us to conceive healthy babies soon, Ameen!
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 pm

- Danaa, Yeah, BFN's are depressing and can ruin the day, lol. What kind of progesterone do you use? pills or cream? I bought the cream kind, but scared to used it. It's good that you're okay with IVF, but you never know, you might get that bfp on Friday, lol. Looking forward to it!

-Stillhopefull, I'm CD17 now, but haven't temped since CD11 due to fever. SubhaAllah, I LOVE listening to Nouman Ali Khan and Mufti Menk, I used to upload a lot of their videos to en.islamway.net (I used to work with them since 2013 but had to quit on Dec last year as I became overloaded with work and studies!! :() ... I also recommend Yusuf Estes and Bilal Assad (My second favourites!). To answer your question, I am studying Programming/Computing Studies since 2011, and started studying Islamic studies online last year, Alhamdulilah :).. also just wanted to say MashaAllah, you're such a great mother! hope your daughter turns out like Fatima RA!

-bbe, I know how you feel, sometimes temping and using OPKs can stress the person out. Especially when you're doing everything right and still no bfp to show for it, InshaAllah by the will of Allah you'll have your bfp sooner rather than later! What is the difference between normal IVF and mini IVF?

-Stillhopeful, again, lol.. Go to your chart, and click "share", and then look for the option you want under BBCode. (there is a thumbnail one, a ticker, and one is just the link), copy and paste that into your siggy! :)
Last edited by Dana.Mum on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:01 am

-Danaa, Just saw your chart! sorry about AF :( hopefully next cycle :(
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:37 am

TTC is really depressing:( made peace with not getting pregnant naturaly so we will try IVF in summer hopefully!!Ty for your kind words!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bbe » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Dana mum, jzk for the encouragement. Mini ivf is a less expensive alternative to regular ivf. They use less medication and aim for less but better quality eggs. The main reason I went down that route was cost. Some clinics in the US specialize in mini ivf. I don't know how popular it is in other parts of the world. Good for you, staying busy with studies.

Danaa, inshaAllah the bfp will come soon.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:19 pm

What is mini Ivf?Im trying to convince my husband to have IVF,he is not really on board with that bcs he doesn't trust doctors,he think they only want our money!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Dana.Mum » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:14 pm

-bbe, may Allah reward you! hmmm, very interesting!

-Danaa, lol, some doctors do want only money, but definitely not all. Maybe he'll come around once you find a doctor he likes or trusts, maybe tell him how complicated and sensitive an IVF procedure really is, and that's why it's expensive.
I actually read more about it. The difference between normal IVF and mini IVF is how much medication is used to stimulate the ovaries to produce eggs. Normal IVF produces several eggs for retrieval, however since mini IVF uses weaker or lower doses of meds, it'll produce only a few eggs, like what bbe said.
Also, a Normal IVF cycle costs about $15k (depending on the procedure, ofcourse) BUT Mini IVF costs around $5-7k. Having said that, with mini-IVF you most likely wont have any leftover embryos for future cycles like a normal IVF would...

I think that's very interesting. I have no idea why I haven't heard about it before!
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Yup, that's what mini ivf is. My first one was with Clomid and injectibles, I don't exactly remember which ones. But it was similar to an iui protocol. That one didn't work so I switched clinics bc I wasn't comfortable with my first RE. The next time I did it, it was lupron, gonal f and menopur. Alhumdulillah that resulted in dd, but for the second attempt, we went for umrah beforehand and I made so much more dua. I strongly believe it's dua that makes s difference bc everything is in the hands of God. The first mini ivf was about $5000 and the second about $8000. The thing about mini ivf is you should go to an RE who does it frequently and has good success rates.
It would be so nice to have an oops baby! I can't believe how people don't think about it and conceive.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Assalamoalikom my sisters!

@Bbe jzk for informing all of us about mini ivf... Are you going to get another HSG to check the other tube? iA it is open... opks drive me crazy too. I didn't use them last cycle, but will do this cycle.... Oh I love Makkah/Medina. Alhamdullilah I have had the opportunity to go, you really REALLY feel a connection there isn't it? Making dua there I'm sure helped more than anything, subhanallah. It reminds you of Allah (swt)'s power. Let's all just keep keep making lots and lots of dua. Also remember that in the last third of the night Allah (swt) comes down from his ursh (throne) and says 'is there anyone that is calling me that I may answer, is there anyone who needs anything that I may give it to him' (paraphrased). So this is the time too iA. This is advice for myself too iA. xxx

@Danaa, I'm sorry about your AF. iA this next cycle is better for you. Hopefully your husband will come round to the IVF if you need it. Men are usually very patient when it comes to these things. And they are willing to wait and keep trying a lot longer than us. Because it's our bodies, we can never get away from feeling the twinges, checking everything that goes on - We can't get away from ourselves! Whereas, men can just turn off ttc! iA you will conceive naturally, keep praying xx

@Dana.Mum jzk so much for your kind words. I love my daughter so much, and my heart aches for her to have the support of a sibling (or more). At the same time, I am so grateful I have got to feel the love of having one daughter at least so far, iA I pray that you and all others, get to feel this very soon xx Have you continued the temping to know that you did ovulate? (if so you are in your tww-alh.) I am on cd12, so again long way to go yet.

I've taken all of my clomid. It's 6 days after the last tablet now and only today I'm feeling twinges in my ovaries (quite sharp ones), iA that means it is working. iA iA iA!!!
The good news is I've booked a scan for Friday (cd18) - alhamdullilah can't wait to get some answers iA.

I hope everything is going well with you sisters. And Amina and sweettee too xxx :D

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:22 am

Still hopeful, good reminder for tahajjud, jzk. I need to work on that. umrah was so peaceful, especially medina. And we should definitely persist in dua, bc that itself is a test of patience, to keep making dua without getting frustrated. Hope this is the cycle for u inshaAllah
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups