TTC Muslim support

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC Muslim support

Postby Dana.Mum » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:26 am

Awh, I miss going to Umrah and Hajj, Best feeling ever.
Also, I definitely need to work on tahajjud as well :(.

Regarding Dua, my friend sent me this message a while back that i'd like to share with you girls,
"Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benifit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pain of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of Duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it" - Ibn al Qayyim (RA) <3<3

-stillhopeful, I have no idea what is going on with me this cycle! I haven't confirmed O via temps, but I feel like my temp this morning indicated that I haven't yet. Usually after O, my temps are 36.4 and higher. However, this morning, it was 36.0. Weird. I'll try temping tomorrow.. That's what you get for not temping everyday.
Twinges? Sounds super exciting!! InshaAllah you see a temp rise tomorrow!
When do you usually start testing, 9dpo? or do you wait till AF doesn't show?

-bbe, lol @ "oops" baby. I like to believe that since we're praying and working hard for a baby, we'll actually be more loving and grateful towards him/her than if it were an oops baby, right? ;) Anyways, do you think you O'd yet? What cycle day are you know? I keep forgetting, maybe add a ticker to your signature?

-Danaa, How are you doing? hope you're hanging in there.

-sweettee and Amouna, What's up??
Last edited by Dana.Mum on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:26 am

It went really quiet on here for a few days, didn't it? :cry:

@dana.mum - What you posted was soo beautiful, I feel so grateful for that alh. Jzk!! That's really lifted up my spirits. Our temps sound the same! Mine are usually 36.3 and above (usually 36.4/ 36.5) after O and around 35.9 / 36 before O. iA it was just a fluke temp and tomorrow you'll see there has been a rise. Unless being ill last week is still affecting your temps? Keep us updated sis :) Ooo I listened to a few of Bilal Assad's speeches after your recommendation. They were really inspiring alh, thanks x

@bbe hun thanks so much for the well wishes and the reminder about dua. iA I hope your bfp is not far off either. May Allah swt in his mercy make it easy for all of us. iA grant us plenty of children! Lol, but seriously grant us children that raise our rank in jannah iA. xx

I am CD14 and iA will be going in for a scan tomorrow! (I changed it from Friday to earlier, because I got a solid smiley and am getting a positive IC opk). So my body is surging, I'm not 100% it'll result in ovulation this early, but I can't ignore the +opks and wait until Friday for the scan.
The sad thing is that my body usually tries to ovulate at this time, there is always a surge. It fails (poor thing) and then tries again at cd20ish and then manages to O at that time. So I am weary that this could be an attempt, but iA the scan will tell me clearly what is happpeeeninnng.
Having said that, I NEVER have EWCM. And Alhamdullilah!! ever since CD12 I've had consistent EWCM and a good amount. (I'm only saying because it is such a key factor in TTC). SO I'm hoping that this is a good thing.

Usually they say with Clomid there is none. But, I've only gotten it with Clomid (and I think cupping, grapefruit juice and EPO are playing a BIG part). Something tells me the grapefruit juice is REALLY effective. I would really recommend it to anyone TTC.

Looking forward to hearing more about you all xxx
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

-Actively ttc since December 2013.
-PCOS with Irregular cycles.
-HSG (Jan 2015) showed clear tubes.
-First clomid cycle (Feb/March 2015). Chemical pregnancy.
-second clomid cycle March/April 2015.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:28 am

Yay, I worked out how to add chart as a thumbnail. Thanks Dana.mum xx
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:46 am

Hello ladies,I have been away for the weekend,I was on a church trip it was tiring and not fun at all lol so I couldn't really enjoy it!!Im doing alright not sad or upset im just waiting for summer to come so I can jump into IVF,im not really active on the forum these days bcs I have nothing new to share and I feel like I donr really belong in any of the groups,earlier I posted on a buddy group i was following and one of the ladies there seemed anoyed by my post,im a strong woman always have been and I tried to share that with all of you but she took it personally,anyway im here stalking you ladies!!When are you testing?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Dana.Mum » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:04 pm

-Stillhopeful, Eeeek! Hope the Clomid is working and that you're actually O'ing! Let us know how tomorrow's scan goes!! :D Yay for adding the thumbnail, Alhamdulilah! I'll stalk it tomorrow to look for that temp rise inshaAllah!
I'm hoping it's a fluke, but I'm feeling well now (health-wise) and last night was a bit warm too, so my temp should've been higher if I did indeed O. Oh well, it could be an anovulatory cycle for all I know. I'll just try to stick to temping and not stress about it, inshaAllah..

-Danaa, Awh, hate when that happens, but don't take it personally, communicating online could be a tricky thing that almost always results in misunderstandings. But you're ALWAYS welcome here ;) I am not thinking about testing until I confirm O.. Time will fly and summer will be here before you know it, if God wills! Is your husband on-board with IVF yet?
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Ty for your kind words,im ok is just internet.Im always so excited about ovulation and ultrasounds,still what do you feel when u see ur follies on the screen ?I was so excited lol:))I have not talked to my husband yet,im waiting still too figure out what i want to do!I would try onother round of injectables,but not sure yet!Also I was thinking to get married religiously,we never had the ceremony,I was hoping for a big ceremony with all my family and friends but that takes money and the money went to infertility tests and now maybe IVF so actually I dont know about the big wedding but I would like to have the ceremony!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stillhopeful85 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Gosh how exciting for you Danaa.and yes you are welcome here!
I know what you mean, money is never enough. But i was remember an analogy that I've heard some speakers use. .. live as though you are a traveller in this world. Because compared to the next it'll just feel like we lived here a day, part of a day or even a few seconds. So when i hear that i think it doesn't matter that we don't have money for everything we need it for.

Hopefully though you'll figure out what you want to do most. Could you encourage hubby to pray istikhaara? It's a prayer where one completes 2 units of nafl prayer then makes a dua (supplication-google istikhaara you'll find the dua).
After doing this you'll feel a greater inclination to do one of the things (i.e use money to get married or go down ivf route or injectibles / whatever it is you are struggling with). But he has to have firm faith that Allah swt will guide him x

Hope that helps! X

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Dana mum, thank you for sharing that dua. I'm pretty sure I o,d as I'm about a week away from AF. I'll look into adding a ticker.
Still hopeful, sounds like you are having a strong O inshaAllah! I had a lot ewcm when I took clomid for an iui years ago too. Grapefruits are good for you overall so it's not surprising that it helps fertility. Have you tried evening primrose oil? That helped me.
Nothing to report on my end, hope everyone else is well iA.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am

@Bbe - you're in a really exciting place in your cycle :) Will you start testing soon, or are you just going to wait and see 8)

I had my scan this morning. The dr said there were two large follicles, one on each ovary. Left was 20mm and right 18mm. Lining was also alhamdullilah really good at 10mm (my worry was a thin lining because of clomid).
She thinks the 20mm follicle may have already ovulated and said the 18mm should soon. So iA this indicates good news and gives me some good hope iA.

I had a temp rise this morning. I'm expecting a drop tomorrow and then iA it'll go back up and stay up after this.

I've had really bad ovary pain this morning and pain shooting in my legs. I looked this up and they are symptoms of OHSS. I hope it's a mild case and it disappears soon.

Please make dua for me my sisters xxx

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Still hopeful, sounds like you have a good response to clomid, may Allah give you success! Hopefully you don't have ohss, I think that's more common wit ivf.
I don't have a lot of hope that I have good news right now as I've never conceived naturally in all these years. I am considering ivf again after Ramadan if Allah puts khair in it inshaAllah. Right now I seem to have gotten a stomach bug along with dd, poor thing.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:26 am

Salam ladies!
I've been meaning to post yesterday, but got extremely busy, SubhanAllah. I've been reading along, though!

-Danaa, Having a ceremony and inviting friends and family is really good, and such a great memory to have! My wedding wasn't that big because we wanted to save the money for something else. Hope you get to do both; the ceremony and the IVF! I agree with stillhopeful about the istikharaa, even though your hubby doesn't pray, it's never too late to start! :)

-Stillhopefull, Love the analogy that you've mentioned above! Also, Alhamdulilah!! Yay for that beautiful temp rise! and Yay for two large follies! Praying for twins ;) Don't worry, inshaAllah it's not OHSS, just keep an eye on the symptoms! I'll keep you all in my Dua's.

-Bbe, You never know! it only takes one spermy, right? Just because it never worked in the past doesn't mean this cycle won't work! Make lots of Dua with certainty! May Allah grant you and your daughter Shifa! I've heard a sheikh once say that the sick person's prayers are accepted, not sure though, I'll look for a Hadeeth, but think about prophet Ayoub -AS-! :D

-AFM, Alhamdulilah, I think I O'd yesterday! But it caught me completely off-guard, so not sure if I caught it, but inshaAllah khair! I'm not sure when AF is supposed to come since my LP is 12-13 days. We'll see! Also, Bbe, you reminded me of how close Ramadan is! May Allah make us all reach Ramadan!
Hope you're all doing great inshaAllah! :)
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:38 am

Assalamolaikom sisters!

@Bbe I know it has been a long time ttc for you, but don't give up any hope of conceiving naturally iA. It can always happen. I heard a lecture yesterday where the speaker said 'Allah gives you what you expect of him'. So expect that Allah swt will give it to you (by way of natural/assisted/IVF). iA if you go on to the IVF it is easy for you and gets you your second baby. The speaker then went onto say that when people sin they fall into this worry that Allah swt won't forgive them. But what you should say by way of dua is 'Oh Allah I know my sins are great, but what are they compared to your mercy, to your rahma. And didn't you say Allah that you love to forgive, so forgive me'. That's not a dua, but it's what the speaker said is the appropriate way of asking for forgiveness.
If we take this and use it for our situation, 'Oh Allah it has been difficult for us (all of us ttcing) to conceive, but Allah even though we think it's difficult you can make it easy, because it is easy for you'.
Don't feel it can't happen Bbe, and if you're not already then be firm in your dua (O Allah give it to me, by my good deeds, by your attributes / rather than Oh Allah give it to me if it is your will) and know deep down that Allah swt will give you another babe iA. (The earlier point - Allah gives you what you expect him to).
P.s. I hope you and your DD are feeling much better now iA.

@Dana.mum Are we O buddies this cycle :) FF said I O'd on CD14 (which is true because my temp went up in the afternoon). I blogged this and people were like 'bahh you can't tell if your temp goes up in the afternoon, it's only the morning'. But I actually can. Because my afternoon temps are never higher than 36.3 pre-O. And my temp was 36.7 afternoon of CD14 and then stayed up... hence now I have crosshairs for then.
I'm hoping another egg was released on CD 15 (it's possible if that happens within a 24 hour period and the math works!) I'm thinking this is the case because from 8am Cd15 - the afternoon I was having really really bad ovary pain, really intense. (this is why I thought it was OHSS). I'm thinking that was ovulation. So IA I'm hoping for the best this month iA iA iA!

Although I'm really confused as to why I didn't feel anything CD14?

Thank you both for your duas. Keep making dua for me ladies and iA I will keep you in mine too.

Jzk both for the reminder of Ramadan. Subhanallah almost a year has gone by already. Time really does fly. You're right Dana.mum may Allah (swt) give us the chance to get to the next Ramadan.

Please keep posting everyone (not sure where sweettee and Amouna have gone?)

Khair inshallah. Fi Amanillah xxx

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 am

Wa Alaiky alsalam, still hopeful!

O Yay! We really are cycle buddies.. Who knew? SubhanAllah.
However, there is a HUGE possibility AF will be on time (even though my LP is 12-13 days).. I just have a feeling she's coming around 8 dpo. Hmm, You think I should take some progesterone? You know, to give the fertilized eggy (inshaAllah, lol) a chance to implant?

Not really sure why you didn't feel anything on CD14, but you got Cross Hairs, Alhamdulilah! :D I don't think mine will give me CH this cycle due to so many missing temps. Fair enough, lol. I never really tried taking my temps during the afternoon.. How do you go about it? Do you just take your temp after an afternoon nap? or just at a specific time in the afternoon? what if you've eaten something hot/cold, doesn't it affect your temp orally?...

3dpo! How are you feeling? I feel extremely sleepy, but that's because i haven't slept in a while. Zzzz

bbe, Hope you and your DD are feeling better! KUP! :)
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:46 am

Still hopeful, jzk khair for the encouragement! You're so right, Allah is capable of everything and being persistent and positive in dua is key. That itself is a test of patience. We are planning for ivf right after Ramadan bc DH has some time off then. I Had originally planned for April, but I did istikhara and I felt like I got the signs that I should wait. That way I won't miss another Ramadan inshaAllah. I didn't fast in 2012 when I was expecting and I'm still making those up. InshaAllah this is the cycle for you. Is this the first clomid cycle you've done?

Dana Mum, jzk also for the encouragement. InshaAllah you'll have your healthy baby soon. How are your studies going?

Alhumdulillah, I'm feeling better today. Yesterday I was so wiped out from the virus that I was lying around sll day. DH is usually patient for about a day and then he's ready for me to get up, lol, which alhumdulillah I am doing better.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Hello my lovelies,how is everyone doing?When are you planning to test?I know TTC is really hard for all of us but I'm glad you ladies are really positive about everything,I think Allah/God is responsible for that!This year I plan on asking my husband to fast for Ramadan,i will do it with him for support,bcs we are not married I don't think we can TTC on that time but is ok for me,im hoping after Ramadan we can do IVF!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups