TTC Muslim support

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC Muslim support

Postby Dana.Mum » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:35 pm

Sorry sisters, this will be quick!

-bbe, study is going good Alhamdulilah.. stressing me out as usual, lol, thanks for asking :) Eeek! any updates? Did you test?!?

-Danaa, sounds like a good plan!! Keep us updated! :)

-stillhopeful, MashaAllah! Look at your chart!! I think FF got your O day wrong, but the temps look promising, InshaAllah. :D

AFM, started Progesterone yesterday, and got a low temp this morning. I'm thinking AF is on her way, will keep you guys updated InshaAllah! Let me know how yous are doing!
Last edited by Dana.Mum on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:06 am

Wsalam everyone.
I feel like I've been missing, but really have been trying to keep my mind off of the tww.

@Dana.mum I am sooo glad you think so. cd14 looks like such a clear day of temp rise, but because of the reported EWCM on cd16 it thinks now that's the day. Ahamduillah though I'll keep it together iA and just consider myself to be 6dpo. I am going to test at 8dpo (way too early for someone with a 14-16 day LP, but oh well I can't wait) :D Good to hear the studies are good, I've been meaning to ask where do you study your islamic course online?
Temps do dip, but that early in your P it should just go back up - what do yours do normally? I think Prog. is a good idea x

@Danaa I really loved your comment. Positivity can go up and down that's natural, but if a person keeps their imaan (faith) strong then it's not possible to feel down for long. That's why I love learning about Islam, there are so many examples of how you should behave in life and what attitude a person should have. It's also so lovely that you are encouraging your husband to fast during Ramadan and that you will support him in it, you will be such a supportive and understanding mum one day iA. Make sure you get involved with the community and maybe go to a friends/family members house for iftaar one day just for support! I'd invite you to mine, but you're a little far away :D iA the Ramadan and your husband becoming closer to Allah (swt) will bring blessings in the IVF and in the TTC. Please remind him to continue to make dua to Allah (swt), since he hears all prayers.

You say your husband doesn't pray etc. When I didn't pray/practice Islam (only about 2 years ago), I used to think that Allah swt probably wouldn't want to listen to me, it all felt quite awkward and so doing things to do with Islam (go to the mosque, a gathering e.g. lecture or even fasting) it seemed like I didn't deserve to do those things, if that makes sense? Anyway, as a Muslim we believe that that's just a tactic by the Shaitan to keep you away from the path of Islam. Allah swt says he listens to the prayers of all of his servants. That if your sins were as high as mountains, or like the foam of the sea he would forgive you. So iA all your husband needs is one doorway/one opportunity and if his heart is open to it and he wants Allah swt to guide him, he will iA. And I pray that this is the key to your TTC troubles.

@Bbe hun so glad you're feeling better. It's noble of you to not want to miss Ramadan! Such blessings in it. Again, may your dua be accepted during Ramadan and Allah swt make things easy for you and bring blessings in the IVF for you too. Yes it's my first round of clomid. iA it works.

Khair, i've written a lot and now running late, catch up next time IA . Keep posting xxx
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

-Actively ttc since December 2013.
-PCOS with Irregular cycles.
-HSG (Jan 2015) showed clear tubes.
-First clomid cycle (Feb/March 2015). Chemical pregnancy.
-second clomid cycle March/April 2015.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:01 am

Dana mum, hope AF doesn't show up for you! I'm not going to test, not a fan of hpts bc they're usually a waste of money for me. I feel the witch is on her way :(

Still hopeful, you have very inspiring posts mashaAllah. You're right, Allah is always willing to forgive as long as we ask. This whole ttc business definitely makes me think about Allah more. I have most of 2012 Ramadan to make up and what throws me off are the darn AF fasts I miss every year. I don't strat making them up until winter and I only make up like 7,8 per year so that's hangin over my head. I'm not a strong faster unfortunately, may Allah give me strength to make them up quickly.

Danaa, I think it's awesome you want to fast, may Allah make it a meaningful experience for you guys.

Hope to hear good news from you all soon inshaAllah!
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Well, the witch showed up. Not surprised, but I am grateful to Allah that He allowed me a child through ivf and I pray that it happens again.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 pm

-bbe, Aww, so sorry to hear AF arrived :hugs: I'm right behind you, I think. My temp today is below the cover-line. Even though I ovulated really late, it seems like she'll come on time nonetheless. Alhamdulilah for everything.

Talking about fasting, I just remembered I still have about 5 days to fast from last Ramadan. I really need to fast them ASAP! I'm thinking I'll start fasting Mondays and Thursdays starting from the first Monday/Thursday after AF is over.

-stillhopefull, I study Islam through Knowledge International University. I was originally going to apply for Islamic Online University, but then subhanAllah, KIU gave me a scholarship, Alhamdulilah!
Dr.Bilal Philips, Jamal Al-Din Zarabozo, Sajid Umar, Abu Salman Deya ud-Deen Eberle, are some of our instructors. There are a lot of subjects like Fiqh, Aqeedah, Manners, Tajweed, Seerah, Hadith, History of the Khulafa, Arabic..etc. I'm just so happy, Alhamdulilah, I really recommend it! I just wish I could give it my all (InshaAllah I'll graduate from my other degree sometime next year!).

MashaAllah, your chart is amazing! So glad FF agrees on the O date now ;) I see you're 8 dpo today! Where's the test??!? lol, Any symptoms? :D
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:10 am

Dana Mum, five fasts are nothing, iA you will make them up in no time. If I remember correctly, you are in Australia? So your days are getting shorter while ours are getting longer, should be easy then. :) mashaAllah you got a scholarship. Good for you learning about deen. I've taken a couple courses through Seekers Guidance and loved them. I took seerah last year, and I shoukd take more. They have free courses.
I just spent about half an hour crying bc I got a $1000 bill for blood tests in prep for ivf. I had no idea it would be this much. My insurance will cover absolutely nothing in regards to infertility, but I had gotten these tests before I did ivf for dd and I wasn't billed. This time I had a not so nice dr who noted infertility on my visit summary, the last dr didn't do that but ordered the tests for me anyway. I'm going to see if anything can be done but I've never been billed so much! Just for some blood tests. I don't know what Allah is trying to tell me, I was planning to do ivf again after Ramadan but we are completely out of pocket. SubhanAllah pls keep me in your duas sisters. I'm so upset.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:09 am

BBe im sorry AF showed up,stillhopefull,Dana,your chart looks amazing!I had my hsg yesterday ohhh the pain :))my right tube was once again blocked but we unblocked it yay,im going for ultrasound today so we can confirm ovulation,so im doing alright!!Im not really happy that I'm ovulating so early bcs next cycle I will leave right before Easter and I really wanted to spend it with my family!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:17 am

Bebe why don't you travel in Europe for IVF?In Romania IVF is around 5-6000$ with the meds and in Greece 6000euros with the meds and maybe 200-300euros for extra tests!I myself im looking into IVF in Greece bcs at this point there is nothing else I can do or try,I could try IUI but I know the first one has small chances of being successful so the money I would spend with 2-3 IUI I rather spend with IVF!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Dana.Mum » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:47 am

-bbe, I'm so sorry you got a not-so-nice doctor this time around, any chance you can change doctors? Also, know that everything happens for a reason, I know it's hard but with every hardship comes ease. Usually when you feel like there are too many hardships going on in your life, just know that the ease part is REALLY close.
If I were you, I'd try to fast the days I haven't fasted yet before I get into the IVF rollercoaster. Because we're obligated to fast those days before the following Ramadan (Aisha RA used to fast the days a month before Ramadan), unless you can't ofcourse, then that's another story. Allah knows best.

Regarding the $1000, I don't know what to say :( , may Allah make things easy on you and your DH and bless you with righteous offspring soon! You're in my prayers, trust me.

-Danaa, so glad HSG was successful and that u have your right tube fully open now! With that dip, I feel like you might O tomorrow. Keep us updated on your scan and follies. I'll check in tomorrow to see.

AFM- AF arrived, even with the progesterone and late ovulation as expected! Bbe, looks like I'm your cycle buddy :)
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Danaa, that's great that your tube opened up. InshaAllah maybe you won't even need ivf. Thank you for suggestion, ivf is cheaper in other countries. I live in the US and I've heard of people going to Mexico. I feel comfortable with the clinic that I'm with though, they do a mini ivf deal which is quite a bit cheaper than other places, and I've had success here thru Allah's mercy.

Dana Mum, thank you for your support and sincere advice, I am going to try to make more fasts iA. I don't know that I'll be able to do them all before the upcoming Ramadan though. It's just that my clock is ticking and I'll be 34 in June. My FSH is higher than it was three years ago . Also DH won't have much time off again until December which is why I am thinking to do it right after Ramadan.

Alhumdulillah, DH talked to a financial advisor thru our insurance and inshaAllah the bill will be substantially reduced! Pure mercy of Allah. This whole ttc business has definitely made me realize my purpose in life. So quickly Allah can change a situation.

May Allah give us our healthy babies soon!
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:45 am

Salam everyone! :hi:

-bbe, Alhamdulilah! That's awesome news! MashaAllah :)
So, you'll start the mini IVF after Ramadan inshaAllah? I'll keep you in my Dua!

-stillhopful, UPDATES?! :D

-Danaa, Looks like you didn't O yet, even though that was a big temp rise on CD 13, but your temps are still low compared to your post O temps. How was your scan/follies? :)

AFM- CD3 today and I'm just starting to feel normal again. Usually AF is hard on me the first day, but this time around I stayed in bed with a heating pad on my belly for like 3 whole days.. Ouch. Could it be from the progesterone I took before?
I don't think I'll use progesterone ever again, it did nothing to keep AF away. :|
Last edited by Dana.Mum on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stillhopeful85 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 am

Salam sisters.

I hope you all are well iA. Sorry I've not posted here in a while (hah for someone whose life now includes checking this website 100,000 times a day, it's been a while). The past few days have been eventful: here is the summary.

8dpo no testing (yay me)
9dpo BFN morning (IC)
Had some EWCM in the evening (IC again), thought what is this? and tested again and instantly saw a shadowy line :shock: !!
:shock: Then looked again and couldn't see anything? Then looked again and saw it again (urgh lol that was hard).

10dpo morning (thats today!) went out especially and got a frer and very clear BFN. It was very clear and now alhamdullilah i feel at peace rather than this warring - is it? is it not? situation I had going on.

My chart is still handsome looking :wink: but temp usually drops at 12dpo. Maybe I tested early who knows? But a FRER is usually a very good judge and there wasn't even a hint of a pink line.

Ahamdullilah onwards and upwards. May Allah swt find me patient and consistent in his worship. Any good that comes to me is from him and any evil is from me. IA one day we will all see 2 lines on a FRER. 8)

@Danaa Your chart looks really good. cd12 is good for ovulation isn;t it? Hope that the HSG makes everything super smooth for the little guys to go where they need to go. And congrats about opening the tube! I'm so glad you had the HSG done and worked that out. Good luck this month inshallah. Maybe you'll be the first of this buddy group to get preggo. I really hope one of us gets pregoo soon!!

@Bbe I'm so happy you feel better and the bill was reduced. It is mental how much private healthcare without insurance is. That scan I had done last week cost me £220! But that has been my only cost so far. Anymore and we would be in a shock. That's why DH is so hesitant to go for private heathcare. Whereas I'm a bit more impulsive and was ready to make that phonecall 6 months ago. I really hope Allah swt makes it easy for you financially and to have a baby. I'm sure there are duas specifically for worry of poverty - but i can't recall them just now. Have a look iA. (btw not poverty as we know it, thats what the dua is referred to to relate to wealth - i'm sure you know that but Im just saying) :)
is iVF definitely the plan after Ramadan then? Wow, that is a lot to look forward to iA, I hope to be with you on that journey. And actually if 3 months of clomid doesn't work then I might be trying to convince DH to go for iVF, so that would be around the same time. It's so amazing that you are catching up with your fasts. Subhanallah I have so many, this is something that I need to work on in my religion. Inshallah. Jzk for the reminder.

@Dana.mom AF is here :( I mean I know exactly how it feels, but what can we do eh? Continue to pray iA and make dua. I don't know what time anyone else is having an eclipse on Friday ,but this is a time where one should pray 2 rakat and make dua / give charity. So iA that's what I'll be doing.What time is everyone else having it?
So sorry to hear you were having pain with AF, it could be the progesterone, did you never have this pain before the progesterone? You should talk to your doctor about it. Hope that today you feel better. I hope you have exciting news soon too.

Thanks for sharing the name of the online universities. It sounds great I shall check them out iA. Online learning would be ideal. Not having to travel is awesome, especially with London traffic. I hope you are rewarded plenty for your efforts iA. Remember to share your knowledge with others iA you'll find a great reward in that.

Ok sisters!! Remember what is waiting for us in the akhiraa. Allah swt loves those who believe in him, do righteous deeds and are steadfast. Yes there are delights upon delights in jannah. But the main thing to remember is that in jannah there is no grief or fear of any kind. All of the worries we experience in this world are for this world only. And when we leave it, we leave those behind. The people will be asked how long were you on this earth? and they will say it was but a day or part of a day. Some will say for an hour or even less.

iA we will be of those who were steadfast, patient in Allah swt's worship, in his decree. May Allah swt protect us from disbelief and poverty, and grant us the best of jannah. Ameen xxxx :) :) :)
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

-Actively ttc since December 2013.
-PCOS with Irregular cycles.
-HSG (Jan 2015) showed clear tubes.
-First clomid cycle (Feb/March 2015). Chemical pregnancy.
-second clomid cycle March/April 2015.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:23 am

Hello my lovely ladies,Dana im sorry AF got you,stillhopefull im sorry for the BFN but is early don't lose hope,if you like post pictures with ur test I can tweak it for you.Thank You for your kinds words ladies,im not doing too good these days,I went for an ultrasound on Tuesday that showed my follies were the same size as last Thursday ultrasound I was a bit worried but my ultrasound of today showed that my left follicle is 16 mm it grew 2 mm and the right one is gone but my lining is being stupid and is not making up his mind,last Thursday it was 8mm,Tuesday it was 12mm and today 10 mm,im going back for an ultrasound on saturday,the doc seems worried about my lining but I feel he is kinda lost,i mean he doesn't seem to be handling my problem too good!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bbe » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 am

Jzk guys! Yeah, that bill initially shocked me, but alhumdulillah, Allah is so merciful. I live in California and with obamacare I thought that I'd be able to buy a plan with some infertility coverage but there's no way to get it in my state unless your employer provides it.

Dana Mum, sorry AF hit so hard :( it might be the progesterone, I've only used it for ivf so I'm not sure how it affects AF. Jzk for the duas, will keep you in mine as well iA.

Still hopeful, I'm sorry about your bfn. I do hope that clomid works for you iA. Are you also thinking about ivf in the summer? I do hope you get your bfp before that, although may Allah put shifa in whatever is meant to help us. We are considering ivf after Ramadan, I just have to find out how much time DH has off. It's going to be a bit tricky bc it will be eid time and we don't want family to know about ivf. We never told my in laws about ivf, except for DH's brother, figure it's best kept quiet.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bbe » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:59 am

Danaa, inshaAllah your lining will improve. Have you tried red raspberry leaf tea?

I'm taking soy isoflavones this cycle. Just thought I'd try something before ivf. I'm taking it like clomid, it would be awesome if it works iA!
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups