TTC Muslim support#2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC Muslim support#2

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:28 am

New home ladies,new luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC Muslim support#2

Postby awaitingMommyhood » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:37 am

InshaAllah! :) :)
Me 29 , DH 30
TTC since June 2011
1st BFP - DEC 2011 - Naturally - Ended in an early m/c
2nd BFP May 2014 - Letrozole(3rd Round) - Ended in an early m/c (5 weeks)
Letrozole round 1 - April 2015 - BFN
Letrozole round 2 - May 2015 BFN
Letzole round 3 - June 2015 - Fingers crossed
awaitingMommyhood
Friend

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:39 am

iA we all get pregnant!!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:40 am

Welcome awaiting!!!Tell me is ur doc worried about ur recurrent miscarriages?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby johsonsa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:05 am

Asalamu Alaykum Ladies!

How is everyone doing? Well received the final results from my RE, yeah not good! very much I found out I have diminished egg quality. FSH was ok, but my eggies not so much. ugh! RE recommends IVF right way, well right after she get back from her vacation. So pretty much we start IVF treatment in August. She didn't give my husband and I too much hope. She actually told us that in cases like mine they recommend donors, most people with my egg quality like mind don't achieve a successful pregnancy, but given I'm still young that I have a better chance than someone who is older than me.

I was shocked! I'm still in shock I thought it was just my thyroid that was the issue, not my egg quality.
The RE also mentioned since the treatment is covered by the government health plan she recommends giving it a chance and trying IVf, but she would recommend us not to continuing once the coverage is done, due to the very low success rate and high cost for treatment.

So my Husband and I went to the local bee farm to pick up some royal Jelly, honey & bee pollen. I stop by the local spice shop and pick up nigella seeds.

Allah through his messenger to use Black seed (nigella seed)as it is a cure for everything but death. So I'm finally going to take the advice of an old somali women. She advised me to freshly grind 1 tbsp of black seed and mix it with a good honey take each morning during your menstrual cycle and make dua before taking, have strong belief that Allah is al shifa he is the curer not just the black seed it just a tool.

So my Action plan well waiting for treatment:

take 1mg of fresh royal jelly each morning after duhr salat leave it under my tongue 5 minute (the stuff burns, and taste really bad)
multi-vitamin each day
Green + O ( for my liver, it a green powder you add to water or smoothies)
1 tsp bee pollen in the afternoon

During menses:

The black and honey mixture, then royal jelly in the morning
another 1 mg of royal jelly in the afternoon and some bee pollen
another 1 mg of royal jelly at night before bed.
also continue with my multi vitamin and greens + O

I also eat a plant-based, whole food diet that changes with the seasons. These days I'm wishing I was back in Libya the food is so much better quality and taste there vs here. Inshalleh I will be going home soon.
please remember Ramadan is just around the corner and the night Qadr is night thing can change for us!
johsonsa
Friend

Postby bbe » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks for the new thread Danaa!

Waiting, baby aspirin is just low dose aspirin and some believe it helps with blood flow to the uterus. Allah knows best but for my ivf they recommend taking it after embryo transfer.

Johsonsa, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis but I have full confidence that Allah can definitely give you children. Your supplements sound good, keep at them and use this Ramadan for as much Ibada as possible...time and time again we are reminded that Allah has control over everything. Also how did your RE determine that you have DOR if your FSH is ok? Did they check AMH?

Jumuah Mubarak to you all! It's Friday morning here.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby johsonsa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:04 am

My FSH 8 it has been at the same level now for 3 years, it was the follicle count that she was concerned about the first ultrasound was 1 follicle and it was weak, the second ultrasound they found 3 with some what strong. She didn't really tell me much else. other than what I posted. I asked her regarding FSH she said the was the concern, it was in an ok range it was the quality of my eggs that is the issue.
johsonsa
Friend

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:12 am

Didn't she told you how is ur AMH?How old are you?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby johsonsa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:34 am

no, she didn't tell what AMH is. I' am 33. and I have try to become pregnant since i was 25. ahhhh long years. it took 6 year just get hubbize to do the SA.
johsonsa
Friend

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:48 am

AMH is really important that can tell u if ur ovarian reserve is good or not!Men and doctors,happily my husband agreed quickly to get it done:))and im making him to get onother one next week:))
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby humi_p » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:12 am

Slms!

YAY for our new home! iA this month will be amazing for us all!

Its awesome to have new ladies joining our tiny family!

How are you all doing?

We had an eventful weekend, was my niece's 3rd birthday and SIL has been having morning sickness ALL day so i babysat Juwairiya who refused to leave me alone all weekend, had to shower with her, feed her, sleep with her cuddled on my chest, IT WAS AWESOME! My SIL is already popping at 6 weeks, strange right? Apparently my husband's family genes produce HUGE babies (YIKES!)

I am counting the hours until ramadaan, its my favourite time of year, its just the most amazing feeling. Luckily we only fast for 12hrs, 5:30am to 5:30pm so it will basically be a normal day (without the caffiene :cry: )

I have an interview today so ladies, please make lotsa dua for me, iA if i get this position, it will mean saving up for a bigger house. We didnt really think about kids when we bought our 2 bedroom apartment and i would love for my kids to grow up with a yard like i did.
humi_p

Postby bbe » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Humi, how did your interview go? Wow, 5:30 Iftar sounds so nice! Over here it's around 8 pm, still not as late as some other places.

How's everyone else?
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby humi_p » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 am

Slms!

bbe- interview went great Alhmd but i dont think its a good fit for me, they are a bit too much into horoscopes and feng shui, they were a bit hesitant about wearing hijab to work (The HR guy actually said I will have to "dress formally" even though i was wearing a a long skirt and blazer! Apparently, from a friend who works there, they pick on her because she is a staunch Christian and doesnt join their after work drinking parties. My current job deals with a lot of foreigners so cultural diversity is not a problem, i can wear hijab to work, read my salaah in peace and they know i dont attend work functions due to the halaal/haraam contraints (i wont eat in a restaurant that isnt halaal- the fish may be ok to eat but they use the same pans and utensils etc etc and fancy halaal restaurants in South Africa are rare) I feel a bit disheartened that people are still so closed minded but i wont compromise my religion for a few extra bucks... DH agrees, my current job is fantastic and i have been doing it for 5yrs so until i get my law degree next year (iA), im staying put!

OK rant over, how is everyone doing? Anyone testing this week?

Danaa, how's the puppy doing?
humi_p

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:17 am

How is everyone?My puppy is great but I'm not so great,if you can see my chart I'm on cd20 and O yet,i never had such a late O day,is crazy and frustrating i really don't know what to do or say !!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby humi_p » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:40 am

Danaa have you heard of maca powder? It apparently is amazing as a fertility supplement, i've been taking it to "control" my endo, alhmd i havent had a cyst since Feb 2014! According to a couple of studies, it improves follicle maturation. check out this article for a quick reference http://wellnessmama.com/8254/maca-herb-profile/ Can't hurt to try it since its natural, last month was the first time DH and i took it daily (i used to have a tablet form but the powder seems more concentrated and a higher dosage) and last month was my first BFP so i dont know if it works or not but i am going to keep taking it anyway!

My cat has a new obession with sleeping on my tummy or putting a paw on my tummy when he sleeps, its adorable! i will upload a pic of my little demon soon.
humi_p

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups