Feeling Discouraged, Needing a Buddy!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Feeling Discouraged, Needing a Buddy!

Postby bcl30 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:49 pm

Shane's- the nurseries will be similar. They'll be pretty neutral with light colors like taupe and ivory and the furniture will be white. I'll have a hint of pale blue and w hint of pale pink maybe quilts or wall decor but that's about it. Our 'theme' is lambs- subtle but cute. I have to do my shower back home pretty early since I shouldn't be traveling after a certain point. I'll have a shower here in CO with friends in like December. Thank you for the prayers!

So glad you are getting started! I had the exact opposite problem- I had a total of maybe 12 or 13 follicles each month (combined total for both ovaries). I hope your next scan goes well and that you respond to the femara. Maybe it'll work first shot! I was prescribed CitraNatal dha 90. It was $60 for a 3 month supply so $20 a month basically, which I had priced good prenatals and compared all the amounts of vitamins and such and the store brand didn't come close to having as much iron, calcium, etc and were $20+. Of course I had different needs with me having 3 babies. I needed more of certain things like iron. Prior to getting pregnant, I just took the similac $10 ones from Wal mart.
bcl30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EandAMILove » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Bcl - Wow, 5'10" - you are a tall lady! See - God had a plan for you and is going to spread the love - literally - amongst that tall torso and bring you 3 little blessings!!! I wouldn't worry about how big you'll get - just worry about taking care of those beautiful babies!! What week are you on now, sorry - my brain is going out the window these days! A shower already!! How exciting! I don't even know who's going to throw me one shower... My Mom is underemployed and I'm currently still unemployed, so it's a bit stressful all around financially. :( Your boy and girl nurseries sound adorable!! I still have no ideas but may start to look after we have our anatomy scan on Friday. I'm freaking out about ours too - just the nerves of making sure all is okay with our little one in there that I haven't seen since so early in the pregnancy! I honestly don't have a gender preference - just that our baby is healthy and doing well and perfectly where it should be and all! You know?! I feel your nerves on that! Is yours tomorrow then? You said Tuesday...this Tues or next? Wow, I can't believe how it seems like things are really moving so quickly now! I'll be 19 weeks on Friday! As for the job, I'm definitely continuing to pray...it's been so stressful! Sending prayers to both you and your husband! My Brother is overseas currently and out of contact for several months - other than the occasional email - and he has a wife and two little ones at home. I just can't imagine the stress of it! Sending prayers for a beautiful healthy anatomy scan for you and safety for your DH!

Shanes - Wow, that's nuts about the 60 eggs! Hopefully the Femara can help things to get only the really good eggs front and center for baby making! Yay for starting the process!!! So excited for you hun! Keep us posted!!! Thanks for the kind words about the job! I'm just praying and praying that this nightmare of job hunting and applying comes to an end and I can find something that is long lasting soon! I'm so fearful that once someone finds out I'm pregnant it could change things once I'm hired in...such a difficult time to go through all of this. Ugh.

AFM...as mentioned above, I'm still interviewing, on tomorrow (rescheduled from today at the last minute) and one on Wednesday. Friday is the anatomy scan and I'm really just praying the baby is healthy more than anything! I recently started freaking out thinking we hadn't seen the baby in a while and thinking of all the things that could go wrong driving myself nuts so I'm just waiting to be able to breathe and know our little one is okay - then comes the excitement of finding out the gender if he or she cooperates! 19 weeks exactly on Friday! ;)
Me (Erin): 34, DH: 39
BFP July 2014 - a couple months after coming off of BCP
Early MC @ 7 Weeks: 8/20/14
April 2015: Diagnosed with Secondary Anovulatory Infertility
May 2015: Femara CD 3-7, 5 mcg; CD 14 Follicle Scan w/2 26mm follicles - 1 Rt, 1 Lft
Ovidrel injection CD 14 (May 13) -- BFN
June 2015: Repeat Femara + Ovidrel
2 follicles on CD 13 Scan - 6/10 - 22 & 17.5 mm
BFP on 6/23/15!!!
HB @ last 3 visits strong at 170BPM!!
Last OB appt HB @ 150!
HB @ 136 on 10/9/15
And...It's a BOY!!!
EandAMILove
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bcl30 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Eandam- has anyone offered to throw a shower? Even with us having two showers potentially (one at home and one here) I'm still stressed about everything we need. One is a lot, so three us definitely a lot. I just keep telling myself God will provide and don't worry about it. I'm 18.5w now. I'll pray for your brother. Is he in the service? Im sure it's so hard for his wife, but it's doable when you have no choice. I'm sure she's strong and made for it :-) How did your interviews go and how was the anatomy scan? What's the gender of baby?!

Shane's- what's your update?

Afm- my anatomy scan went well :-) all the babies look good so far and they will just keep checking their growth and all their important organs and stuff. It takes 1.5 hours there, but I'm thankful so far everything looks good. I feel tiny little things that I think are movements, but nothing consistent and nothing major. My husband called yesterday so he is back from his little 'trip'. He was so cute- the day of the anatomy scan, he had his buddy's wife text me and ask about the appt so she could email her husband the details and her husband could tell mine over the radio bc that was his only communication while out lol. So creative he found a way to check on them. Hope you're having a good wknd!
bcl30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EandAMILove » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Bcl - Well, my Mom made mention of a shower a long time ago, but we haven't really discussed it since then. No one else has offered at this point. :( So I'm a little stressed about that for sure! We really can't afford much extra at all without me working. It's hard enough to support the two of us, let alone set up a baby's nursery and buy all of the necessities. Hopefully we will get something figured out! Yes, my brother is a helicopter pilot and Lieutenant (sp) in the Navy. It's not his first leave, just his longest since having both of the girls, so it's hard. The 3yo just adores him and she has a really hard time with him going away...:( My SIL went to stay with her parents while he's gone though so she has some help with the girls and it's at least a bit of a distraction to them not having their Daddy around. They do make it work. As for the interviews, a couple of them went pretty well, and I'm hoping to hear further on possibly a second interview for one, and we'll see on another that I had on Wednesday. Fingers crossed, as I have another tomorrow as well. Things are still coming up, it's just hard as I get bigger to entertain someone not discriminating and holding out on giving me a job because they can clearly see I'm pregnant...while they can't legally discriminate, just not hiring me isn't necessarily seen that way...so rough.

As for the baby...it's a BOY!!! We were thrilled to learn that he's a healthy squirmy, beautifully growing little man! I cried - because all I really want is a healthy baby! Ya know? But it was truly amazing to see him so defined and developed in there, compared to our very early ultrasound where it's really hard to tell what anything is. Such a little miracle! Now to begin looking into ideas for a boy's nursery!!! ;)

Awww, so glad to hear your husband found a way to hear about your scan! That's adorable! So sweet! Glad to hear the babies are doing well and all are growing beautifully in there!! Mine took about an hour for just one baby, so I can't imagine looking at 3 in there! Haha, but I bet it's the coolest thing ever to see three little ones in there!!! So amazing! I hope everything else is well with you!

EOE - I hope all is well and you're all doing okay! :wink:
May 2015: Femara CD 3-7, 5 mcg; CD 14 Follicle Scan w/2 26mm follicles - 1 Rt, 1 Lft
BFP on 6/23/15!!!
Last OB appt HB @ 150!
HB @ 136 on 10/9/15
And...It's a BOY!!!
EandAMILove
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bcl30 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:35 am

So sorry about the shower situation. I hope something comes up soon. You definitely need one. I understand the stress of needing so much and not enough funds :-/. It'll all work out for us. That's cool your brother is a pilot. How long is he gone for? I'm glad you're sil got to go back home with the girls. I know it's so hard on the little ones, esp when they are attached and know who daddy is. I hope you get a job offer soon. Are there any you're really hoping for in particular? I can imagine they may not take to you being pregnant, but the right place will hire you anyways. Are you able to hide it still? I wouldn't be, but I'm probably big for 18weeks lol.
YAY! A boy! So exciting :-) I always wanted whatever I got and didn't have a gender preference either. Glad to know he's healthy, that's most important. It's fun once you know what to plan for. Any name ideas?

Nothing new here- I am feeling much better these days and can eat better too. I think I'm feeling movements, but not distinct yet.
bcl30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EandAMILove » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:52 am

Hi Bcl - Guess what?! My Aunt offered to throw me a shower! Of course, she's from Texas, but comes up and stays in my Mom's small condo, so she said I'd have to host it if that was okay, but yay! As for my Brother, he left the beginning of September and will be back just before Christmas - which is so good for him to be able to be with his girls and family at Christmas!!! Yeah, the 3yo is a total Daddy's girl and cried and threw multiple fits when trying to say goodbye at the airport...talk about heartbreaking! As for the 1yo, even more heartbreaking, he's afraid she'll forget who he is while he's gone...how sad is that?! Ugh, I can't imagine! As for the job, I received a phone call from a recruiter yesterday regarding one of the jobs I interviewed for last week. She wanted to know my interest in the position, as the HR Manager contacted her because they would like to extend an offer, but only if I was interested! So needless to say, I was ECSTATIC!!!!! I told her I'm absolutely interested! So she let them know and they are now submitting the offer to their corporate headquarters for final approval in Japan...which means it may be tomorrow or early next week before I hear anything back. So I'm anxiously awaiting and praying this is it!!! The guy happened to mention in the interview that they have excellent health benefits and a 401k, all of that good stuff - so that was a bonus too! EEK - PRAYING!!! I have been trying to hide the bump at interviews, to answer your question. It's quite hard to do these days and I definitely couldn't do it much longer, which is why I was praying something would work out sooner than later! I know jobs can't discriminate, but it's still a factor deep down unfortunately... Fingers crossed!!! How are you and the trips this week?! When's your next U/S?

EOE - How are you ladies!?
BFP on 6/23/15!!!
Last OB appt HB @ 150!
HB @ 136 on 10/9/15
And...It's a BOY!!!
EandAMILove
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Shanes_girl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:03 am

Hi ladies, sorry I have been away-- I've been crazy busy! I'm so excited to hear about all of your updates!!

EandAm-- Yay for a healthy baby boy, how awesome!! Do you have a name and have you started thinking of decorating ideas since you found out? Is DH super excited as well? I'm sorry about your shower situation, I hope something is in the works for you soon. What about going in with a few friends/family members- would that be weird? Also, glad interviews are rolling in for you! I'm sure it is a very tough time trying to land a new job while visibly pregnant, but like bcl said, the right job will hire you!! Good luck with interviews and I pray you get the perfect job in the perfect timing!

Bcl-- So happy your anatomy scan went well (albeit uncomfortable) and that all babies are looking good and healthy! Your DH was so sweet in how he was able to hear about your news, so creative lol! Glad he's also done with his 'trip' and is doing well. When does he come home again and for how long? I love your nursery ideas-- sounds so cute! Also, glad you are feeling better these days and how cool that you are starting to feel your babies move!! I can't imagine what one baby feels like, but three-- so exciting!

AFM-- just went in for my CD13 U/S this morning after my first Femara round on Days 3-7 (5mg, I think I said 2.5 before). I ended up having this weird like 3.5 day period starting on the last day I took Femara. I assumed it was the Femara, called the nurse and she said it was normal but then when I asked my RE about it today he said it actually was not because of the Femara, just coincidental. Said he wasn't really sure why I would have a period then but that maybe my lining just needed to clear out a bit (Started mini-AF "technically" on my CD24, so who knows?!). Anyway back to today-- on a forced CD 13 due to jumpstarting the Femara and the RE said my lining looks really good at 9.2. I also really only have one dominant follicle on my right side at about 21.0mm but he was really happy with that! They ended up giving me a trigger shot (Pregnyl) today just before 9am. He said I would ovulate in about 36 hours so to BD tonight and tomorrow night before midnight and to put a pillow under my butt for about 15 minutes. The only thing is that when I got home I started thinking about what he said about timing. He said I would ovulate at about 1am tomorrow night, but that is over 36 hours...36 hours from my trigger shot around 9am this morning is actually 9pm tomorrow (Friday) night, right?? Anyway, left a message with the nurse to clarify b/c I don't want to get the timing wrong! The nurse who gave me the trigger shot told me my test date would be 2 weeks from today, the 29th (if AF hasn't come obviously)...which also confuses me now because I thought it was 2 weeks from actual O day? Anywho...told DH it's go time and we have to BD tonight and tomorrow night, and of course he's like I hate having to time it and hates the pressure so said he hopes we actually can...so FX we can get some good BDing in tonight and tomorrow!! Say a prayer for us, ladies!!
Shanes_girl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Shanes_girl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:09 am

Just saw your updates, EandAM! So happy your aunt is going to throw you a shower!! Yay, I'm so excited for you! And more good news about your job offer-- that is AWESOME!! I'll continue to pray for this job and that everything works out for you! Also cool that you're brother will be home for Christmas! Excited for all the happy news!
Shanes_girl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newtottcing » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44 am

Hi ladies. I have been MIA for quite some time on these boards. Last I checked in, I was on top of the world with my BFP. But unfortunately I suffered a miscarriage at 6 weeks on September 10th. It was the most difficult thing I have ever been through. On a positive note, my period was only a couple days late this month and we are back to trying. I am CD 8 right now and looking forward to trying again. Hoping for our rainbow babe <3
Me (Mary)-24
DH-25
TTC #1 Since July 2015
BFP 9/1/15
Miscarriage at 5 weeks 9/10/15
Rainbow BFP 11/14/15 at 11DPO! Stick baby, stick!
Baby A due July 22nd 2016!
newtottcing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Shanes_girl » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:53 am

Newto-- I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you must have been through (and I'm sure are still feeling). I'm glad you are feeling positive and on your way to trying again! Hopefully what I've heard is true and that you will be more fertile after this! Again, so very sorry! Praying for you and DH!
Shanes_girl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EandAMILove » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 am

NewtoTTC - I am SOOOO, SOOOO sorry for your loss. Sadly, I was there last year and I still think about it every day - our due date, how old the baby would be, etc. I can honestly say it is the hardest loss I've ever endured - so my heart goes out to you with many thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry hun! :( We had our loss at 7 weeks...so I can relate to feeling on top of the world and then feeling like the world is turned upside down... Some days will be easier/harder, you name it, but be sure to grieve and feel any and all emotions - as you are entirely entitled to them all!!! I'll add you to my prayers tonight...xoxo.

Shanes - Thanks for all of the positive responses to our news! My brother isn't actually coming here for Christmas, rather he'll be home with his family in California. But either way, it's a good thing that he can spend it with his wife and little girls! As for the job - I'm still waiting! Ahh, gotta love the waiting game! Fingers crossed though! As for names, yes, we have Brandon Evans picked out for the first and middle name. It combines both mine and DH's maternal grandparents family names - so it's got some really special meaning behind it! And yes, I'm visibly pregnant for sure now! No hiding this little guy! ;) Any updates on your cycle/trying, etc? We literally DTD a couple days before and several days after my trigger shot just to be covered the last time, lol. Since the first round didn't work, I wanted to be sure we covered all of the bases, and apparently, we did! Hope the BDing went okay! Sending prayers your way too!!

Hope EOE is doing well! Xoxo.
BFP on 6/23/15!!!
Last OB appt HB @ 150!
HB @ 136 on 10/9/15
And...It's a BOY!!!
EandAMILove
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Shanes_girl » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:13 pm

EandAM-- Hopefully all of this waiting will lead to something fabulous for you! Also, love the name Brandon Evans and how special it is for both you and DH! (My mom always says that if I would have been a boy she would have named me Brandon:)

AFM...DH and I BD 2 days before the trigger, day of, and day after...so I'm hoping that was enough! The RE said to BD night of trigger, the next night, and that anything following would be purely recreational lol. We were out of town at my parent's house for the weekend so couldn't BD anyway, but FX we were still able to cover our bases! I also cleared up with the nurse the timing of my trigger and 36 hours after would have been about 9pm on Friday. So, going by that, I believe I'm about 4dpo...does that sound about right?? The nurse said my test day was exactly 2 weeks after the trigger so Thurs 10/29, but I think I'm going to test Fri 10/30 just to be a little extra sure that the trigger will be out of my system (unless AF gets me first!). Aah!
Shanes_girl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Shanes_girl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:47 am

EandAM (maybe, BCL, can't remember if you triggered or not!)-- I'm curious to see what your side-effects were with the HCG trigger? I know it can clearly mimic preg symptoms, but I had some ovary pain for a bit last night when trying to fall asleep (and some bloating although I think it was b/c I didn't eat very well last night:/ That was 5 almost 6 days after my trigger and I'm just wondering why I would be feeling heaviness and pain in my ovaries? Appreciate any insight!

Hope everyone's having a good week!
Shanes_girl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bcl30 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 am

Newtottc- I'm so sorry for your loss. I really cannot even imagine the pain of losing one. I think of if something were to happen currently to one of mine and I would be devastated. Praying for you!

Eandam- sorry you're still waiting on the job :-/ hopefully it gets worked out soon. How are you feeling and when is your next appt? Your name you have picked out is cute and family names always have great meaning :-)

Shane's- I don't remember any symptoms specifically from the trigger. I always felt ovulation aches (except the month I got pregnant) and I was also on progesterone suppositories 2 days after the trigger until my period so I had sore boobs, some cramping, stuff like that and I can't say if it was the trigger or progesterone. My guess is the latter. How many days until you test? Hang in there- there's really no for sure sign of pregnancy versus period :-(

Afm- I've been at my in laws since Saturday. Sunday I had a shower and was so worried ppl weren't going to come, but we had a good turn out and I barely got to socialize bc I was opening gifts. My mom and sister drove in to surprise me at my shower, which was nice bc I don't get to see them a lot. I opened gifts/cards for nearly 2 hours but when you look at all that I got- it's like what took so long? Well, there were say 3 outfits in each bag, or 3 towels, etc haha so we got say 27 outfits and really that's only 9 each! We got a lot of gift cards tho. Overall, it was great and we were blessed with so much. We still have so much to get it's insane! I'm feeling good but also I get so paranoid about the babies -_- I need to relax and trust in God that they're all ok, but i can't wait for my appointment next week!
bcl30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Shanes_girl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:35 am

Bcl- so glad you had a great time at your shower and that your mom and sister surprised you! I can't imagine how much stuff you still need to get (I know I'll be overwhelmed just trying to prepare for one baby, when the time comes!)-- it'll all come together though! And it's a good thing you got a lot of gift cards too, that way you can pick out exactly what you want! Glad you're feeling good, can't wait to hear about your appt next week!

Also, I know I'm not experiencing any preg symptoms bc it's too early and b/c anything I feel could be from the trigger shot anyway, but I'm really just wondering why I would feel ovary pain like 5 days after the trigger (when I should have O'd about 36 hours after)? Any thoughts? If I in fact O'd when I was supposed to (no temping or OPK's, just basing off what the RE said), I believe I'm about 4-5dpo...nurse said my test date is 10/29 (2 weeks after trigger) but I'm going to try to at least hold out until 10/30 in the hopes that the trigger is fully out of my system.
Shanes_girl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups