2016: New Year . . . New Life (Part 2)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 2016: New Year . . . New Life (Part 2)

Postby NewStory » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:46 am

Hi ladies!

Zaney - you must be 10/11 dpiui now? How are you feeling? It's good that your body O'd by itself but i guess a bit frustrating for IUI. Your nurse sounds like she could have been more positive and supportive though! I have my FX for you.

Danielle- boo! to 60 day cycles! Ugh that's frustrating. Do you have pcos? I can't remember did you get checked out for hormone levels etc before Manolo? I hope your O comes soon and you can enjoy thanksgiving... it sounds busy! I will be celebrating thanksgiving too this year as I've been adopted by some American friends living here so i get to eat all the good food and hang out it's great :rofl:

Botb- you are so nearly there Mama! BH do not sound fun at all. Take advantage of down time and look after yourself. Sending los of relaxing happy thoughts your way! Xxx

Moblina - I hope all is good with yu and baby Andrew xx

AFM - DH SA result was good... high count and motility, borderline morphology percentage but still good given the high count so apparently it's fine. I am due to see my ob/gyn next Thursday for an exam and pre-op chat and she wants to check my thyroid again and do a few other blood tests. I will be 12dpo when i see her, and then i guess i have to keep waiting for a surgery date once she clears me... everything is done sooo slooowly here :doh:
I am taking progesterone from 3-14dpo at the moment and it has been ok but it gives me some side effects that i am trying to manage - such as tiredness with insomnia / really restless sleep and vivid dreams but if it helps I'm going to stick with it.

I hope all is good with you girls. I'll keep checking in x
Me: 32 DH:34

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

Healthy eating & juicing daily.

Diagnosed stage 2 endometriosis Dec 2016, tubes, uterus etc clear!

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby zaneyduck » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:21 pm

I am 13DPIUI and for the last 3 days all tests have been BFN.
Last night and today I had a bit of queasy feeling.
Tonight, lower back pain. So that's my sign that AF will be here anytime.

Not a whole lot to be thankful for right now.... :cry:
Me(Sarah): 32
DH: 33
Married: 6/29/13
TTC #1 Since: July 2014
Diagnosed PCOS & Hypothyroidism 1/4/16
Hysterscopy to remove polyp and Laprascopy 5/24/16

July 16 - November 16: 4 Failed IUI's
February 9 - New doctor consult. Moving on to IVF.
IVF Cycle #1 - May 2017 - Cancelled 4 days before retrieval
IVF Cycle #2 - July 2017 - 23 Eggs Ret. 17 Mature - 10 Fertilized - 5 Snowflake Babies!
9/22/17 FET - 1 4AB/AB Embie
10/2/17 Beta #1 - 151 (10DP5DT)
10/4/17 Beta #2 - 439 (12DP5DT)

Our Crowdfunding For IVFhttps://www.youcaring.com/michaelsarahwilson-796676Image
zaneyduck
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BOTB2013 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:09 am

So sorry Zaney you didn't get the results we were hoping for!! Hope things go smoothly next cycle!
ME: 29 DH: 33 TTC Since March 2012
BOTB2013
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby NewStory » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi ladies - how is everyone?

Zaney - I'm sorry your IUI cycle didn't work out. :hugs: Are you doing another or having a break?

BOTB - how's the bump growing? How is the sugar monitioring going too? Hopefully everything is steady and healthy - you're nearly there! :D

Danielle & Marina i hope all is good with you both and the little guys xx

AFM - I thought I'd update as I'm recovering from lap&dye + hysteroscopy + d&c + ablation yesterday... phew. I guess if i knew all that was going to happen i might have been nervous, but i didn't get a chance as i went in when they called me as there was a cancellation for surgery and i just took it... It turns out i have stage 2 endo and adhesions that they managed to get rid of and otherwise my tubes, uterus and bowel etc are all clear so I feel lucky. It also explains the pain i have with AF and probably the infertility/CP situation. I spoke to the ob/gyn when i came round and she is hopeful we will conceive soon if we keep trying. So we plan to do that for 6 months and if no luck then straight to IVF. At the moment i am in bed cuddling my puppy and binge watching nature documentaries (pup likes the bird noises) :rofl:

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby zaneyduck » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:29 pm

New - I'm glad you got some answers. I hope you're recovering well. I know when I had my lap it took about 3 days to feel like I could really move again. The first two I was terribly bloated and had shoulder pain like no other from the gas.

AFM - Next treatment cycle with the doctor doesn't begin until 1/26. So, a forced break I guess you could say?! RE has referred DH to a urologist. He was lucky enough to get an appointment for tomorrow morning - so I will update when I know more from that. Pending what to urologist says, we will either do another IUI in January/February or meet for a change in treatment options.

IVF Cycle #2 - July 2017 - 23 Eggs Ret. 17 Mature - 10 Fertilized - 5 Snowflake Babies!

Our Crowdfunding For IVFhttps://www.youcaring.com/michaelsarahwilson-796676Image
zaneyduck
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby danielleh22 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi, Ladies!

New: Goodness, stage 2 endo plus adhesions?! Glad they were able to remove them! Hopefully that will help a lot with the fertility issues since everything else is clear. I hope you are starting to feel a little better from the surgery.

Zaney: Sorry last cycle didn't work...will you be on BC during the break?

BOTB: Any new updates with growing baby?

AFM: Just finished a 70 something day cycle, lol. Glad it's over with! On cycle 6 PP now for baby #2! Honestly, I'm just working like crazy! Manolo has been teething hardcore and is now sick so not a very fun week for me..
Me: 30 Him: 28
DS: Manolo- 1 yr
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS
After 2 MCs, tested Positive (July 2017) for MTHFR (heterozygous) and Factor V Leidan (blood clotting disorder).
Nov 2017- 2 Failed HSGs due to curvy cervix

BFP #1 July 30, 2015 (Cycle 7) Born April 13th, 2016
BFP #2 Dec 28, 2016 (Cycle 6) Miscarriage @ 5w4d
BFP #3 June 26, 2017 (Cycle 11) Miscarriage @ 4w6d
BFP #4 Nov 18, 2017 (Cycle 15) Waiting on betas...hoping for the best!

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BOTB2013 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:48 am

Hey girls! I tried to reply earlier this week but it didn't post and I was to lazy to retype it all LOL! Anyways. . .
News- It must be a little bit of a relief to know what was hopefully preventing you from conceiving. Hopefully moving forward things will go smoothly!! And at east now yiu have a plan!! Baby dust for you!

Zaney- So sorry again that your cycle didn't go as planned. I definetly remember that feeling of defeat! Hopefully everything goes better next time! It sounds like you have a good team behind you! Baby dust for you for 2017!

Danielleh- Sounds like your right back into the thick of TTC again! That's exciting, and a little frustrating, LOL! I forget how you conceived last time. Did you require treatment? How long will you try this time before seeking help?!!! I ask myself this question all the time (yup already thinking about #2), and I'm not sure what my answer would be!

AFM- I'm 36 weeks and 1 day! My last day of work was yesterday! And I feel like I'll be doing some major nesting this weekend. I want to clean everything so I can relax for the last couple of weeks I have! As soon as my husband wakes up were going to get going! So far my sugars have been good (unless I make poor choices), but they have been creeping up in the mornings which my OB says is normal and nothing I'm doing but I may end up on a little bit of bedtime insulin! Now that I'm done work I have to really try to make good choice and avoid the insulin! But of it comes to it I'll do what I have to!! I'm definitely getting anxious to meet this little guy! We did some maternity photos last weekend and I love them! Just waiting to see the last of them!

Hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend!!
BOTB2013
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby NewStory » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:47 am

Hi girls - glad to hear some updates :)

Zaney - Are you happy to be taking a break over christmas? I guess it means you can relax and enjoy the season a bit with a plan in place for January.
Although your chart looks like you might have O'd yesterday on your own... that's interesting! Do you have any nice plans for the holidays?
Thanks for the advice about the lap, I only got shoulder pain for one day thankfully, and i remembered it from last time, so i wasn't alarmed (I had one when i was 17 due to very painful periods... figures now huh?) But now i just feel kind of tired and tender so I'm going to take it very easy until I get my energy back. How long did it take til you felt back to normal?

Danielle- 70 day cycle blows! I bet you feel glad to be on to the next one, do you think you'll try the soy isoflavones again? How is Manolo doing? I hope he's feeling better the poor little guy. Sounds like life is very busy for you at the moment!

Botb - 36 weeks! Wowzer! Congratulations on finishing up in work, it's a lovely time of year to be nesting as well. I hope you get to relax a bit with your DH and enjoy it before baby comes... i had the same problem with my post yesterday it disappeared when i pressed submit so now I'm going to copy everything before i post it. I think it happens when i use the site on my phone!
I'm so excited for you to meet your little one so soon. Sending lots of peaceful mama love your way x

AFM - I'm recovering ok, I've had a week off work and was in bed all last weekend, which I'm not very good at, I get cabin fever so I have been doing something gentle every day this week, either meeting a friend for a cuppa or going grocery shopping or slowly tidying my house for christmas, and DH has been doing all the other chores which sounds great but he works over 12 hours a day so i end up feeling guilty when I can't do things, i can't wait to be back to normal, hopefully before the busy christmas season.
I've started an endo diet - no dairy, wheat or sugar (fun, delicious) :roll: but if it works i can take it, and I'm trying some new supplements that are supposed to help TTC with endo.
I do feel relieved that we might have found an explanation for how long it's taking and ro have a plan. Part of me wants to just relax over christmas and have a small break from TTC, because we go travelling for a month in January and i want to be relaxed and fit and well for that. But another side of me knows you're supposed to be most fertile after a lap/d&c, and the obgyn suggested we try as soon as I felt ok, and that puts some pressure on. I've tried charting, but my temp has been up a lot since the surgery because i have been uncomfortable and not sleeping well, or maybe fighting off an infection so I'm getting lots of weird high temps. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and do opks this cycle and see what happens. Please send some chill vibes and baby dust our way. :)
I hope you all have a good weekend whatever you're doing ladies xx

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby zaneyduck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:28 am

New - Your diet may not be as difficult and bland as you think. I've been gluten free now for almost a year. I've found some great alternatives and there is not a whole lot that I miss now. Let me know if you need any tips/tricks in that area. I was also low sugar because of PCOS and being on the metformin.

Danielle - Seems like your body is trying to get back in to the swing of things. I know after a baby it can take a while for some people and others it almost instantaneous. Hang in there girl!

BOTB - 36 weeks already?! Man, time has just flown by.

AFM - DH's urologist appointment went fairly well. He does have varicoceles and has a ultrasound to confirm after the first of the year. Then most likely he will be scheduled for surgery. The doctor was not at all surprised that the IUIs haven't worked and he really wasn't sure why they even went through with them because of his counts being so low. He also told us that he is not sure why the RE is telling us to have just a 2 day abstinence period before the IUI. He says it should be more like 5, and so at 2 days it's like trying to impregnate someone with a 4 year old's sperm.

We are not on birth control during this break, so I guess you could say we are still trying. But, we know with DH's varicocele that it's highly unlikely anything will happen.

We've been getting busy around here, and DH's band leaves the 28th for the Rose Parade in Pasadena. Yesterday we had a full run through - all 5.5 miles. So, that is about the extent of our holiday plans as well.
However, during the run through I got to speak for a while to the majorette coach and her and her husband have been through lots of infertility issues and have a 2.5 year old. They started their journey at the same clinic we are at now - but switched because they felt like they needed more of an action plan. She recommended her doctor to me and we are considering meeting with him to see how we feel. The last IUI was not a pleasant experience with the nurse doing the procedure being very cold and negative. She told us that the count was terrible and it wasn't going to work and so she wasn't going to schedule me for a blood draw and just test at home if I felt like it.

The other office also participates in funding assistance and assistance with medications (as in not having to pay for any of them if you end up at IVF). So, we are going to look in to that and possible make a switch after the first of the year.

As far as my chart goes - I've had charts for years that it appears that I O'd - but I really wasn't. Even when I've been unmedicated monitored, my blood work and everything shows that I should have O'd, but nothing is released.

zaneyduck
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BOTB2013 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Hey girls! Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that my little man arrived today via C-Section at 345PM. Liam Paul Loubert weighed 7lbs 0ozs and was 18 3/4 inches long. I will try and figure out how to post a picture!
BOTB2013
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby danielleh22 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:36 pm

BOTB: YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!! <3 Welcome, little Liam!!!! Must see a picture :D

Zaney/News- Any new updates??

Ladies..I found out 2 days ago that I am PREGNANT! Confirmed with a blood test yesterday! I used soy again this cycle since I didn't use it last cycle and ended up with a 70 day cycle. This time I used the soy and I ovulated on CD 16!! Big difference. I know it doesn't work for everyone, and it could just be a coincidence. My due date is September 08, 2017. I told DH yesterday by giving him a 2017 calendar and writing, "Baby #2 is due!" on the 8th. I had filled in all of our birthdays so I had him flipping through the months. I told him to take a look at September and not going to lie..it took him a few seconds to get it..LOL! He jumped out of the chair and was so exited!! He really wants our kids to be close in age. It was a lovely surprise just in time for the new year <3
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS
After 2 MCs, tested Positive (July 2017) for MTHFR (heterozygous) and Factor V Leidan (blood clotting disorder).

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BOTB2013 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Still can't attach a file with his picture but OMG Danielleh, CONGRATS! That's awesome! So happy for you! Happy and healthy 9 months!!
BOTB2013
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby danielleh22 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:04 am

Thank you, BOTB!! How are you feeling? Everything go smoothly with the delivery?
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefani00 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Woop! Congrats!!! I found out the same day! I surprised DH with the Caveman's guide to pregnancy. We have two children from my previous marriage and this will be his first and I am so stinking excited!
~*~Stefani~*~
<3 Adriana Marie 2/13/13
stefani00

Postby danielleh22 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi, ladies..

Just a quick update- we lost our baby to a miscarriage at 5w4d that started on Wednesday. I'm still in the middle of it with heavy bleeding and clotting. It was completely unexpected, I just happen to start bleeding after waking up and went straight to the ER. There was nothing they could do. We are of course very sad, and I"m in a lot of pain at the moment. I'm taking some time off of work next week to recover physically and emotionally.
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups