TTC Buddies 2015 #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC Buddies 2015 #5

Postby KeepTrying15 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:12 am

Emma - you look so cute! I love the monkey behind your bump too. I was looking at animal wall decals trying to get ideas for the nursery. Since the room we will use for the nursery will be used for any and all future kiddos, I think we are going to stick to something gender neutral. But who knows, I may go all out girly if this one ends up being a girl lol.

Liz - good luck today!!!! So sorry to see you're having such a problem with morning sickness and not being able to eat. I have the opposite problem, I start to feel a little nausea and my body craves something to eat in order to feel better. It's almost like I get nauseous to remind me to eat or something, it's weird. I try to eat smaller meals more often.

Steph - How are things going?
3 early losses (natural bfps)
IUI #1-3 - BFN
IVF #1 - transferred 2 3-day embryos - BFN
IVF #2 - converted to IUI - BFP! - MC at 5 weeks
IVF #3 - 1 hatching 5 day blast transferred - 4 frosties
5dp5dt bfp :D
Beta #1 10dp5dt = 264
Beta #2 12dp5dt = 699
6w5d - HR 129 Image
8w2d - HR 174 Image

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:05 am

Thanks ladies... the bump is cute and that's about it. The pregnancy has been hard so far but I remind myself of my little miracle inside and it gets me through each day.

Shannon, I went for soft yellow walls and a jungle theme and the feature wall with the cot is blue. It has come together nicer than I thought. Still a bit of work to do but I'm slowly getting there. We went neutral with Mia as we didn't know what we were having but I think once you know the gender you'll easily throw accents of pink or blue into the room :D

As for eating, the only time I didn't feel sick to my stomach was when I was eating, so I ate a lot in the first few months :doh:

Liz - can't wait for your US update!

Steph - how's your cycle going?
About us:
Me - 36 - Ovarian cysts and Endo
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET
May 12 - embryos arrested

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks

IVF #2- ICSI
February '16 -BFN

April 29 - Full Immune/Genetic testing
Diagnosed with Thrombophilia with MTHFR Mutation

Dec '16 Surgery to remove Endo

IUI #5
Jan '17 - BFN

IVF #3- ICSI
6dp5dt - BFP :jump:

Daily: Heparin / Aspirin / Prednisolone/ Folate / PIO

Mama-in-cahoots
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:12 am

Also Shannon - you may not hear from Lauren on your FET board, at least for a few days. Check out our FB group for an update, she posted there yesterday :wink:
About us:
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks

IVF #2- ICSI
February '16 -BFN

IUI #5
Jan '17 - BFN

IVF #3- ICSI

Mama-in-cahoots
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KeepTrying15 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 am

I actually went and checked out the fb page after I posted here to see if she had any updates. I have my notifications turned off on fb, so I need to check in from time to time to see how she's doing.

Oh and the nursery looks FABULOUS!!! I saw the pics on fb and I love it. That's similar to what I have in my head of what I want. So sorry this pregnancy hasn't been too fun for you, exciting about 3rd trimester though! It seems like everyone's pregnancy is going fast but mine lol. I'm a little anxious to get to the next scan just for confirmation that everything is going ok, so that seems to be slowing time down. I need to watch my eating too, I'm already starting to get a little "fluffy" in my lower abdomen and unfortunately I can't say it's all from a baby bump. :rofl:
IUI #1-3 - BFN
Beta #1 10dp5dt = 264
Beta #2 12dp5dt = 699
6w5d - HR 129 Image
8w2d - HR 174 Image

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sms842 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 am

Hey Ladies,

Glad to hear everyone is good. Emma, sorry this pregnancy has been so rough, hopefully 3rd trimester will be smoother. Shannon, I'm sure you look fabulous! Liz hope everything goes well at your appointment.

As for me I'm on CD 35 and have not tested. Per my OPK I should be done with my TWW, but I'm not convinced it was right. If I go with what I think was my ovulation day I'm 9 dpo. So I'm just waiting and while I had an urge this morning to test I didn't. I'll just keep waiting and seeing if AF shows up.

As for life Kevin is cruising around and has become such a toddler. He loves being outside and is learning so much. He says thank you, please, bye bye, uh oh and three. He's such a great happy kid and so much fun to watch. Me on the other hand I need to stop eating so much crap, too much candy is making me fluffy. Also I'm sleeping like crap, I need a new pillow and I keep having funky dreams, probably due to work stress. I need a vacation...
Me: 31 (Stephanie)
DH: 36
PCOS/APS
DS: Kevin Joshua born 7/22/2016

TTC #2
BFP: 8/4/17 - CP
BFP: 9/14/17 - CP

Cycle w/ Letrozole:
#1: 11/14/17

My Ovulation Chart
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks Shannon :D There's a new changing table and drawers to go up which I bought yesterday... DH doesn't know yet but he'll have to build at the weekend :rofl: The current changer in the room was Mia's and I find it too small, so went with white drawers with a fitted changing unit on top. I do love the jungle/monkey theme. Good thing about decal is they are easily removed as child grows and changed for something new. As for your timing, I was shocked when I looked at your siggy to see you're nearly at the 12 week mark... a couple more weeks and you're in the second tri! Is your next scan next week?

Steph - we did expect this cycle to be a little out of whack for you and that ovulation could be later. Still, I hope you're not waiting around too much longer so your body can adjust back to its usual rhythm. I remember Mia at Kevin's age, it's such a fun time watching them learn and enjoying life. Sorry you're so tired though, I highly recommend investing in a good pillow. A few years ago I bought a memory foam pillow by Tempur and it's been the best thing EVER! There are many shapes and sizes though so best to get to a shop and test them and find what feels right for you.
About us:
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks

IVF #2- ICSI
February '16 -BFN

IUI #5
Jan '17 - BFN

IVF #3- ICSI

Mama-in-cahoots
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Liz85 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Sorry it has bn rough Emma- at least you look cute!

Shannon- I know how that feels! How many weeks are you again?

Steph- your plan of waiting it out and not testing sounds good! Just go with the flow ;-)

Afm- u/s was great! I'm measuring 7 weeks 3 days, saw baby's heartbeat and got a due date of 4/29/18!
Liz85
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KeepTrying15 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am

Emma - Ha...put DH to work! Yes our scan is next Tuesday, I also have to do the 1 hour glucose test, not looking forward to that especially since I've been eating the heck out of carbs and sugar lately.

Steph - Kevin is such a cutie, whenever he pops up on my news feed for 1/2 second I think it's my nephew, they look so much alike and just a couple of months apart in age. You have to watch them, those little ones are quick! It's so much fun at this age seeing them discover new things and taking the whole world in and seeing their personalities developing. Enjoy this time!

Liz - Whoohoo!!!!!!!! Congratulations and wow 7 weeks 3 days! Your due date is close to mine, we are almost right at 4 weeks apart! :D I'm 11 weeks 3 days today.
IUI #1-3 - BFN
Beta #1 10dp5dt = 264
Beta #2 12dp5dt = 699
6w5d - HR 129 Image
8w2d - HR 174 Image

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sms842 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:29 am

Hi Ladies,

I hope you all are well.

AFM: wanted to have great news, but it seems like it wasn't meant to be. I'm having another CP as far as I can tell. I tested Thursday and Friday with very evident positives, so I called my Dr and had a beta done. It's a 5. And this morning's FRER is very faint. I'm not as bummed this month as I was last month, but this feels just like in 2015 before I conceived Kevin. The only thing I can think that was different when I conceived Kevin was that I ended up with a bladder infection and ended up on antibiotics during my TWW. I've heard of people taking antibiotics and it helping so I'm not sure, but I plan on asking. I have another beta Monday, which I'm pretty confident will be zero.

Sorry to probably bum you guys out. Hopefully you're weekends have been nice.
PCOS/APS

TTC #2

Cycle w/ Letrozole:

My Ovulation Chart
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Liz85 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:20 am

Oh Steph- I am sorry to hear this. Has your doctor offered any advice on why this is a reoccuring event for you? I cannot remember your past situation w an RE.. but have you had an HSG done? I hope you are able to
get some answers soon- thinking of you! Hang in there!
Liz85
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Sms842 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 am

Liz, I have antiphospholipid syndrome, which is an autoimmune clotting issue. In 2015 when I was trying to conceive I had a chemical in February, had a mc in April and then ended up at the RE who told me to try aspirin. That was after months of other testing. Once they detected a hb I was put on heparin. So this time I automatically started aspirin, but clearly not working. The HCG was a 5 on Friday. I have to go tomorrow again, but I assume it'll be <1. If that's true then I should get AF I would hope sometime this week. Then after this I don't know. I plan on not testing ovulation cause why spend money on more sticks. I may have some cheapies left, so maybe I'll use them, but maybe not. I just need to push through. Like I said earlier, maybe I need to find out more about the antibiotics stuff. I just thought #2 would be so different and right now it's exactly the same.
PCOS/APS

TTC #2

Cycle w/ Letrozole:

My Ovulation Chart
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KeepTrying15 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Steph I'm sorry to see this. :( Emma posted a study a while back where antibiotics were given to women who have had trouble conceiving and they ended up pregnant on the cycle when antibiotics were given. So there may be something to you conceiving Kevin when you were on the antibiotics. I'll see if I can find the study.
IUI #1-3 - BFN
Beta #1 10dp5dt = 264
Beta #2 12dp5dt = 699
6w5d - HR 129 Image
8w2d - HR 174 Image

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KeepTrying15 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Found it. I can't get the link to post right but if you go back to pg 29, you'll see the link Emma posted. It's a long read but interesting information.
IUI #1-3 - BFN
Beta #1 10dp5dt = 264
Beta #2 12dp5dt = 699
6w5d - HR 129 Image
8w2d - HR 174 Image

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sms842 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Shannon thanks! I'll go back and take a look. It's the only thing I've got right now, but I'll be interested to hear what my doctor says.
PCOS/APS

TTC #2

Cycle w/ Letrozole:

My Ovulation Chart
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Good morning ladies,

Steph- I'm convinced your Dr has it wrong on the Heparin. I don't understand why you're not taking it from the moment ovulation is confirmed. By the time you get the positive result, your clotting disorder is already working on cutting off the embryo that's trying to implant. I also agree with Shannon and believe there is a link to antibiotics helping you last time. (well done Shannon, I had forgotten about that link I posted)
I'm so sorry you're going through this again :( I really think something has to change - Dr or protocol, otherwise you're going to continue to have more CP's :( Don't be afraid to push your Dr, I learnt to challenge my RE on so many levels, purely out of my own research and if I hadn't, I don't believe I'd be pregnant right now.

Liz - massive congrats on your first US, I'm reallly happy all is progressing well for you.

Shannon- US today :D Good luck with the GD test! Please update as soon as you can!
About us:
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks