TTC/pregnant after IUD, part 4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/pregnant after IUD, part 4

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 pm

...and what I am somewhat bummed about and what made me bawl my eyes out tonight was the fact that I didn't really get much of a send-off from my colleagues. The kids were sweet, some moping around, some saying all kinds of nice things, etc. but I didn't get the customary parting gift and speech from my workmates.

It was almost as if I'd still go to work tomorrow. Fat chance.
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi wakasa... The feeling you're feeling is probably the baby moving down a little lower than he's been sitting! Id definitely check it with your midwife tomorrow (well today for you haha)

:( I'm sorry that you didn't get any sort of send off , that sucks!! Maybe you shouldn't have made them cheesecake ;) ;) I can see why you were so upset, that's not right . As if it were just another day :(

Kup on your appointment tomorrow!!

I went to my scan. I wasn't quite ready to trigger, i go back Saturday and will trigger probably Saturday/Sunday.
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:08 am

TGIF, ladies!

Ckatta, good luck with the next scan, and it's good that you were able to go there!

It does appear that the baby has dropped a bit and that may be causing the discomfort - my fundal height measurement had dropped a bit and is now going along the curve, which seems to indicate baby dropping. I got compliments on keeping my weight increase pretty moderate (at around +10 kg) and for being able to go to work the whole time. I'm supposed to call the hospital if the discomfort in my pelvis increases and if it coincides with contractions. Apparently the baby's head is slightly off from its mark down there, and that's why I have this swollen and achy feeling in my crotch. So, it's a good thing I get to go for the estimate at the hospital next week. Apparently there's an ultrasound and possibly a pelvic exam of some sort waiting for me.

Everything else seemed fine, and the nurse/midwife signed us in for some parenting course (about birth and delivery, breastfeeding, etc.). I'll just have to convince DH to go along with me. ;)

I guess I'll start washing the baby's clothing next. :)

Have a great weekend, ladies!
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCBabyBoy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Lopezmom - so exciting to feel the baby move!! I am so excited to hear whether it's a boy or a girl. Those two things make it so real!

Ckatta - I am so sorry to hear about your back! Were you able to go in yesterday for the scan? Maybe if you can still go next week you can still trigger?

Wakasa - sorry to hear that you didn't get a proper send off :( that's really disappointing. That and the pregnancy hormones will get any woman all emotional. I hope that you get some needed rest and relaxation until the baby comes. Sounds like you are ready pretty early, so you have your hospital bag packed too?

AFM, to answer ckatta's question, I'm waiting for AF to come which is expected around the 17th of April and then we will do the IUI if I'm not pregnant this time (possible but unlikely given the results). I already have my prescription for clomid ready but I don't think we are doing injectables since its male issue.
TTC #3 after IUD removal August 3rd, 2015.
DH: 36
Me: 29
DD#1 is 5 and DD#2 is 3!
TTCBabyBoy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Good morning ladies!!!! :)

Wakasa how has your first weekend I maternity leave been treating you!?!? I hope you're relaxed and resting!!! How have you been feeling as far as the baby dropping down, any changes?? I hope he's not quite ready to come yet! How far along are you now? I remember that heavy, pressure feeling in the crotch and feeling like the baby was gonna fall out, walking like a penguin and the discomfort when walking :( I'm sorry you're experiencing that but maybe it means baby is getting ready to meet you!! I went through a serious nesting mode where I washed my whole house in bleach water and washed my sons clothes like 4 times folded, refolded, put away then rewash hehe. It was annoying but I couldn't stop my nesting instinct lol.

Ttc that's exciting to know your next steps!!! I hope af stays away and you won't need to do anything, fx!! How has your visit been with your sister?? Have you taken clomid before, I'm sorry I don't remember.

I made it to my scan yesterday , I'm still sore but getting better. Bd last night was a little tricky as I'm pretty sure our last bd was what caused my disc to slip back out this time so we ensured we were very cautious!! I woke up extremely sore this morning so I'm going to need to be really careful or it'll slip back out quick and I don't want that. I ended up with multiple follicles but 1 dominant on each ovary but my L ovary had the only mature follicle ready to trigger at 20.5 yesterday , my R dominant follicle was not fully mature yet so we triggered yesterday our 1 mature follicle, the nurse said bd yesterday and today then I'll o sometime in the night tonight!! If af shows up then we will do another femara/trigger round while waiting for an Injectables/iui consult for the following month. So we've got a pretty steady plan but I'm hoping this one follicle I triggered will do the trick, fx!!

Have a great weekend!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:59 am

Hi, ladies!!! :D

TTC, I'm really hoping that :af: stays clear of you! But if she comes, good luck with the IUI!

Ckatta, :babydustg: :babydustb: FX you caught the eggie!

Lopezmom, hello! :hi:

AFM, loved the freedom of Sunday night, not having to think about work at all. We had a couple of my college friends visit us yesterday, so I baked yet another cheesecake and made a savory pie to go with a watermelon and feta cheese salad. It was yummy!

Today I went back to work for an hour or two (to drop off some books to my substitute, to sign off on some keys, etc.), and lo and behold, there was a gift bag waiting for me! It appears the person in charge of buying gifts had sort of not realized that I left work already. There was a snuggly little teddy rabbit for the baby, and some nuts, specialty chocolate and nursing tea for me. I also got to say goodbye to a few of my colleagues that I didn't get to say goodbye to on Thursday. It seems my substitute seems to like my students, so I get to let out a sigh of relief about that. :)

After visiting the workplace, I drove off to the car wash, and after that I used up a gift card at a big supermarket for all things baby - newborn diapers, pacifiers, a bottle or two, some formula, baby wipes etc.

I still need to pack up a hospital bag, get some towels for the baby, etc., etc. before I can say that I'm ready. The stroller / buggy is still in two boxes, so we need to assemble that at some point. And my gym ball needs to be inflated - I have a plan to start bouncing on it regularly.

Any advice on perineal massage?

As for the baby's position, I have no idea what's going on... The crotch area is now in pain from only the right side.... :omg: Luckily, I have the estimate thingy on Friday. :)

Wow, sorry that I rambled on and on about myself... It seems I can't shut up now that I have all the time in the world... :oops:
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Hello!

Wakasa I hope so! I had intended to bd again today but after the last two nights and then all the cleaning I did (which was dumb) I rehurt my back after only 2 days of it feeling a little better, so i think today is out. I hope I o'd last night like I should have then Ill be covered! I feel really hopeful this cycle, it's in all actuality our first real cycle of having a chance at conceiving in 3 years and 8 months !!! Even though I know our first cycle trying now that everything is fixed is unlikely, it could still take months but it feels good knowing that the possibility of it happening is real finally!

I might need you to send me a cheesecake hehe ;) they sound delicious!! Oh good I'm so glad they gave you a proper send off and you got to kinda make peace with leaving your job, I'm sure that felt nice!!

I love that you are getting ready for the baby!! It sounds like you were busy but like it was relaxing at the same time . Doing what you wanted and at your own pace!! You'll be ready before you know it!!! Sounds like your baby is getting ready to make his way out too, it'll all be over very soon and you'll have your sweet baby!! This is so exciting that you're getting so close. What do you have about 4 more weeks until your due?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lopezmom2002 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi Ladies!

Fingers Crossed Ckatta that the egg was caught. I am so excited for you that after 3 years and 8 months you have a plan and that your chances are now better then ever!!!! I am so sorry that you hurt your back again. Back pain is the absolute worst and takes the longest to heal from. I hope that you have a speedy recovery and feel like normal again soo.

Wakasa - I am sorry that your co-workers did not have a better send off for you. But I am glad when you went back there was a nice gift waiting for you and baby. Way to go on shopping afterwards. :) Things seem like they are really coming together for you and before you know it baby will be here in your arms!!!

TTC - Stay away AF Witch!!! Keep us posted.

AFM. I am now 19 weeks. I have a check up Friday and the gender ultra sound on the 19th. Excited for both. The heartburn has fully set in and no matter what I eat or drink it appears. Morning sickness has started to come back to in waves which I am hoping is a fluke but I doubt I had it throughout all my other pregnancies. Here is a 19 week picture of my baby bump. I now feel baby kicking and moving around in there throughout the day, which is one of my favorite parts.
Attachments
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG (53.15 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Me 30, DH 30, DD 13, DS 9, DS 6, TTC #4 after 5 year Mirena IUD since Jan 2015.
Chemical Pregnancy 9/2015
BFP 12/25/2015 - Due 9/3/2016 with baby #4!!!
Lopezmom2002
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:43 am

Lopezmom I love it!! You look super cute!!!! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling sick again :( the heartburn is so yucky, I had it too when pregnant with my daughter, I hope it all passes soon and really is a fluke!! So close to gender reveal, I don't know how people can wait Im not patient enough lol. How's the remodel going??

My back has been a pain this cycle but we followed the schedule my nurse gave me. When there on Thursday she said to bd that night to ensure fresh sperm for Saturday and Sunday. So we did Thursday , sat (trigger day), and Sunday and I should have o'd in the night on Sunday. I hope I did at least lol. It does feel good to know I actually have a chance finally lol.

Ttc maybe it's the cycle for both of our bfps!!! That would be nice!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCBabyBoy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:35 am

ckatta - I hope so!!! I am anxiously waiting to see if AF comes or not this weekend. If not, then I'm looking forward to doing the IUI and getting a move on things! At least this is a better chance if nothing else. At least we know what's wrong. Although it is a little costly for something that still only holds a 20% success rate, but at least it's not as much as IVF. And my company gives us money at the beginning of the year that we can use for anything medical, including fertility, so I'm basically using that (part of my HSA) so at least it's not totally out of pocket.

wakasa - that was so nice of your co-workers to give you a little gift bag! It probably just slipped someone's mind that you were actually leaving. That has happened to me before and then I felt badly for not giving a proper send-off, but at least you came back and found something! Enjoy the rest of your time! I worked right up until my due date with both of mine, but I did go 9/10 days over with them both, so at least I got a week and a half before "baby" time came.

lopezmom - look at that bump!! So adorable! I'm anxiously awaiting to see if the bump is team blue or team pink. Well, it's actually really dumb that we pick out colors like that for boys or girls, but there isn't a better way to say that. My little girls love blue and I know lots of boys who love pink. Maybe team penis or team vagina? Doesn't sound quite as appropriate. :oops: Anyway!
TTC #3 after IUD removal August 3rd, 2015.
DH: 36
Me: 29
DD#1 is 5 and DD#2 is 3!
TTCBabyBoy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 am

Ttc do you plan to test at all or just wait to see if the witch arrives?? It seems as though everything is falling into place for you guys, that's super exciting!!

I think I'm going to call and schedule my Injectables consult. It takes so long to see the Drs that I hope I can get in a little earlier if I just schedule it now. They'll put me on another femara round if this cycle doesn't work while waiting for my consult, then at least I'm completely prepared and can have an earlier appointment rather than waiting another 2-3 weeks before scheduling!!

Wakasa I hope you're sleeping in getting lots of rest!!

Lopezmom how's the remodel? I can't wait to hear what you're having !!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:18 am

Hi, ladies!

Ckatta, I'm sure you did the best with BDing! FX! And stop hurting your back! :) Getting a consult sounds good, here's to hoping you won't need it. :D

TTC, I have my fingers crossed for you, too! It's nice to hear that your company can pay for some of the fertility treatments! That's not the case here.

Lopezmom, look at that cute bump!!! Adorable! I'm sorry to hear about the nausea and heartburn! Have you tried almonds for the latter? FX you get to have the gender reveal you'd like to have. :) Any preference?

AFM, I had a painful day yesterday... The baby was very heavily on the left, and the lower left side of my bump/groin area was in p a i n ... I still had a friend over for a visit with her two-year-old, and it was nice to talk to someone about labor, etc.

Today I met another friend and she took me to IKEA because I wanted to see what kinds of diaper changing stations they have. I came home with a lot of stuff but no changing table. :D Then I got some groceries and popped in to the post office to get a package from the mail, and now I'm feeling the after effects of all the exertion from today.

I have no plans for tomorrow besides a childbirth class in the evening, and I have the estimate thingy/ultrasound on Friday. I'm 35w5d today. I'll take it easy, I promise. :)

Have a great Hump Day! ;)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lopezmom2002 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:08 am

Ckatta – I am so very excited for you that you finally have a chance like you said. Starting fresh. I hope that your back is feeling better now. How many DPO are you now?

TTC – LOL… You crack me up. My daughter was just mentioning the pink part to me the other day. When is AF due? Fingers crossed she stays far far away!

Wakasa – Sorry about the painful days. It is harder when baby is hanging down low and putting pressure on the pelvic area. Glad that you were feeling better and able to go shopping with a friend. Ikea is amazing! I am headed back there in a few weeks to get our new bed and furniture for our room. Be sure to take it easy. Put your feet up and drink plenty of water today.

AFM – Thanks ladies! My belly is really starting to grow! Nausea has gotten a little better as well as the heart burn. Down side is I hurt my back somehow in the same place I always have problems with so my sciatic nerve is pinched causing my right leg to hurt and go numb. I really need to go see my chiropractor but I am not sure if that is ok while pregnant.

I don’t really have a preference on gender. Just a healthy baby as one of my kids was born with a heart defect so as long as baby is healthy we are happy. I am leaning towards baby being a boy just because my gut and everything else is telling me boy. I cannot wait to find out.

The remodel is going good. We finally completed the window casing and trim so now just to prime and paint those. I am hoping to finish up my garden work this weekend and then the following weekend move on to painting my bedroom walls so we can go get our new bed and closet furniture so we can make room for baby in our room. After our room is complete we are going to paint the master bathroom, the living room and the kitchen ceiling, as well as touch up paint around the house. Then all that is left is to replace our fence and have a patio cover built in the back yard.
Me 30, DH 30, DD 13, DS 9, DS 6, TTC #4 after 5 year Mirena IUD since Jan 2015.
Chemical Pregnancy 9/2015
BFP 12/25/2015 - Due 9/3/2016 with baby #4!!!
Lopezmom2002
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Early morning hi, ladies! (It's past 4 a.m. and I've been awake for more than an hour already. Don't worry, I'll go back to sleep again soon, just like any other night in quite a while...

36 weeks today! I have the birth estimate at the hospital today at 10:30. Pretty nervous about it. I really don't want to hear about the possibility of a c-section. We had the childbirth class yesterday, and I heard nothing new, so I guess I've read up on everything well enough. It was still good for DH to go because he's been too busy with work and the build to focus on that.

By the way, we're breaking ground at the lot today!!!

TTCBabyBoy wrote:
wakasa - ... Enjoy the rest of your time! I worked right up until my due date with both of mine, but I did go 9/10 days over with them both, so at least I got a week and a half before "baby" time came.

TTC, our government pays every expecting woman 56 non-Sunday or bank holiday days' worth of salary, and you have to drop out of work 50-30 days out of those before your due date to get the monetary compensation. I actually get 72 such days' worth of pay from my employer because of the way my field of profession has agreed on things. After that I get about 70 per cent of my pay from the government until the baby is about 9 months old, and then I have to decide whether I stay at home and get even less money or go back to work or claim unemployment. The way we're taxed (through the teeth) ensures that I have the option to stay at home for quite a while. So I'm getting my full salary until July 12th or so, and then my income drops somewhat.

Lopezmom, I'd ask the chiropractor if it's safe to do something about your back and the sciatic nerve pain! I'm sure there are plenty of things you can do to ease the pain! And how exciting about the remodel!!! Make sure you're using baby friendly paint, though. :)

I think I need to go and try to get some shut eye... Have a great Friday!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:21 am

A quick update after my doc appointment!

The baby is measuring normal but on the slightly bigger side. (3170g / 6lbs 15 oz @36 weeks) The doctor estimated that I should be able to give birth vaginally, but wants to do another ultrasound if I reach 40 weeks.
My cervix is soft but closed, I still have the 3cm of cervical length left.
I have an appointment with the anesthesiologist next week, they want to make sure giving me an epidural (if needed) is easy enough. (This made me feel fat and huge because they don't do that to skinny patients.)

And it appears that I have a heart-shaped uterus. Go figure.

...as a bit of a drastic reaction to hearing I might be giving birth to a huge baby, I bought the baby a coming home outfit....

wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups