New Babies for the New Year

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: New Babies for the New Year

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Hiya gals!

July – yep, it’s a girl, no doubting the vagaygay I saw on the last scan. The name we’ve settled on is Olivia :) As for that website you found… girl, once I read a lady commenting on how she couldn’t bond with her baby because she didn’t have the ok on her scans yet. I (stupidly) asked what she meant – if she would terminate at 18 weeks if she found out her baby had Down’s. She said “in a heartbeat”. That tore me up because #1 I am pregnant, #2 I have a baby brother with Down’s who is my everything and changed my world for the better, and #3 because I know so many people struggling to get pregnant. I was too emotional and just should have let it be. I agree – it’s all very interesting, but in this state, I need to be careful what I read because I can be an emotional wreck! I’m no saint at all, so I would never judge, but it did tear me up.

You’re right, though… having a healthy baby is all I want and you realise just how much odds are against that. Each time I have a scan I’m like – oh goodness, I hope she’s not covered in some sort of furball thing looking like Chewbacca… I have no idea where I got that idea from, but I always feared seeing something covering up the baby’s skin!

Happy – hi!!! :D :D :D I’m glad you’re feeling great… that’s the most key thing, isn’t it? My company has recently updated their maternity leave (holllaaaa!!!!) to 18 weeks! I probably would take the week before due date off and then the rest after :) The hubby works for a crappy company who won’t give him a single day, so he may just take a week’s vacation. The good thing is that it should be ramadan by then and he’d be working shorter days, anyways :)

Btw – frickin jealous on the wine. I could have a tub full right about now.
Me: 32, DH: 27

TTC No. 1: C2 (start Sept 23 - cycle 29 days)

Took Fertility Blend (1.5 months), B6, Folic Acid, Zinc, Cod Liver Oil, CoQ10

First month testing for O + SMEP = BFP ~ 10DPO (20th October, 2015)!
NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:17 am

Heya july505 - you still around? Tried to pm you? Says I couldn't for some reason (user not found).

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby july505 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Yeah I'm here....sorry this weekend has been nuts with teaching and Easter. I have my appointment tomorrow for my scan to determine gender and to see how baby is developing. Very exciting and fingers crossed that everything looks good. Final hurtle for me.....hoping for pink but ok with blue ; ) Glad to hear your doing well.....

Jealous about your maternity leave. I will only have 2 months with baby.
july505
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Exciting :) Glad to hear! xxx

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Nickysy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:35 am

Newly Wedz: So cool, you are having a girl. I like the name Olivia!

July: Good luck with your scan tom. Yay for knowing the gender
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:47 am

Thanks Nik!

How are you?? How's the journey treating you?

:*

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby july505 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:15 am

Well it seems its a BOY!

Gosh when did I become the women who has all boy children! Nuts I tell you. But baby is happy and healthy : ) This is all that I could have asked for and I love that little man more than anything. Would not trade him for all the babies in the world.

Hope everyone else is doing good. So far we have one girl and one boy on the site. Nice balance.
july505
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:28 am

Awww congrats!!

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby HappyHopeful » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

July- yay!! A boy and instant best friend for your son- how exciting for you guys!! Have you started thinking of him with a name?

Newlwedz- LOVE that name, so sweet!

Me- well, my af showed up and I've decided not to proceed with the RE. It was a tough decision but these last two years have really taken a toll on my body and have been so emotionally draining each month. I told my hubby that I can be happy about this decision because now we can start planning for other great things- travel, home improvements, sleep (lol), etc. and just taking pleasure in the terrific 4 kids we do have (2 his, 1 mine, and 1 together). You girls have been awesome support and I'm so grateful I got to share in so many exciting and wonderful moments- thank you! Sending you each the best of the best thoughts and wishes!
HappyHopeful
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby july505 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Sorry to hear that Hopeful but I'm glad that you are taking care of yourself. We all know how stressful TTC can be. Enjoy the family you have and best of luck to you as well. Check in from time to time to give us an update on your life.

No names picked out and thought about for the baby yet.
july505
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:24 pm

So nice to hear from you, Hopeful! :) Have a fab time living your life indeed - the TTC journey can sap every bit of joy sometimes and that's not fair to you, your body or your partner. You're so blessed with a huge family :) That was my dream - we'll see how that goes ;)

Tomorrow I'd be 27 weeks and I cannot imagine getting any bigger. I feel absolutely blessed and sometimes just rub my belly and say "thank you", other times I just lay on my side and wonder if I look like the beached whale I feel like. I also think about depression and pray to not get so low that I feel like I am suffering from it.

The things we go through - from TTC to giving birth - our lives change no matter how hard we try for it not to! For example, I cannot for the life of me find energy. I used to love working out, now my joints ache so much from even walking that I'd rather just nap :( Working out gave me joy, and now, I just... watch tv and nap - lame.

Or travel - hubby is doing an adventure race in another country with mutual friends and I'm gutted!!! Then, they're all planning a trip to Madrid in May... gahhhh!

Gotta keep remembering the good... maybe it's time to pick up yoga? :)

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby july505 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Don't worry hopeful...it will be over soon. I know how you feel...I was walking around my office building and I got short of breathe. I swear the baby is sitting on my lungs. Not to mention this horrible heartburn. I am bigger with this baby. With Pax I barely showed until 7 months. At five months I look 7 months.
july505
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Nickysy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Newly Wedz: Counting your blessings! I like the way you said 'thank you' for rubbing your belly! 27 weeks already. Time just flies. I am sure you look pretty..

July: Congrats for the baby boy! Awesome. I think i would like to have one of each myself. Well, thats the dream anyway!

Hopeful: Sry you have been feeling down! Have a good time with your family. I am glad you have then by your side and are working out plans for yourself. Good luck.

AFM, AF should be due anytime within next two days. I am actually feeling ok about it. This cycle, i told my mind that we tried everything that we could at this point of time, and tried my level best to not symptom spot at all during tww. And it helped. No temping, no poas at all. If AF shows, which i am feeling, it will, we have decided to try and relax for next 2-3 months before trying again.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby july505 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:32 pm

I just wanted to say "hi" to everyone. Don't know who is still around but I thought I would give a shout out. Almost 29 weeks now and officially in the 3rd trimester! Feeling great aside from the heartburn!!

We have decided to name the baby Keagen...Can't wait to meet my active baby boy #2 lol. I just wanted to let everyone know I was thinking about all of you.

Nicksy and Starz - I hope you eventually got your BFP.

Hopeful - I hope you are enjoying your TTC stress free life and enjoying your summer.

Newlywedz-I know you must be getting close to your due date. I would love an update....and of course pics of the princess when she arrives. Very excited for you : ) Do you have a birth plan? Are you on maternity leave?

Leeny and Jude- I hope you guys are having wonderful pregnancies. It has been a while since I have heard from either of you. Wondering if you are having boys or girls or both.

I miss all of you and think of you often. Thanks for being great soul sisters and sharing your stories and emotional journeys with me. I will never forget the support you gave me when I needed it most.

Much love

Audra aka July.
july505
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Thu May 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Hello lovely Audra!

Oh how exciting - let the belly growth spurts begin ;)

Yes, I'm 34 weeks and I'm massive and things hurt. Olivia is head down and engaged - ready to go ;)

I miss this group too :*

I'm on my phone so it'll be a short one - once I get to a PC I hope to have a longer update and maybe post a pic :)

Loads of love, gals

Sue (aka Newly)

NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups