TTC #2 - September 2016 Hopefuls

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC #2 - September 2016 Hopefuls

Postby Sen » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Carrot I'm really sorry about your bfn. It's SO hard, isn't it? I think everyone here understands what you've been through--to see a 'line', to believe it's finally happened. Then all the excitement, the daydreams, the due date...I could go on. It can feel crushing when all that hope comes to no avail. And it drives us CRAZY because we have no control! The less control we feel we have, the crazier it makes us, right?!
I suppose the reality (hard as it is to hear), is that all these modern lifestyle factors play a part: age, diet, weight, stress etc. I bet if we were all 18 and 110lbs we'd be pregnant by now.

Sorry this ttc thing is so hard. Just got to ride the wave and have faith it'll happen, even when it feels like it never will.
Stay strong ladies.
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks for the support, Sen! You really hit the nail on the head. It is just crushing, and when you're talking about the life of a human being it's hard to just roll with it and let it go... it is a big deal! And I think you're right, if I'm being brutally honest with myself, I'm not taking control of everything I can. I've been really lax in the lifestyle department. Obviously there is only so much you can control when it comes to lifestyle factors, but there are some!

Last night I ordered new prenatals, a bunch of cheapie OPKs, and a new thermometer that is BBT specific. I only plan on keeping up with temping if it doesn't mess with my sleep though, since I think sleeping is more important overall. I'm trying to find that elusive line between trying as hard as I can without driving myself crazy.. we'll see how it goes!

Seriously though, I'm still boggled by the blue dye tests. When I was ttc DD I had no issues with evaps or indents, now it seems like the show up on almost every kind of test I use. Even my favorite dollar store tests have changed design and gave me some serious evaps with color. It was well after the time limit, so I knew they were negative and it didn't bother me, I'm just so surprised things have changed so much! I guess I just have to learn that it's only a BFP if it's SUPER obvious.

On to the next cycle and a new year! Come on 2017 baby!
Hypothyroid
March 2014: BFP, baby girl born 11/2014
Nov 2015: started TTC #2
July 2016: BFP - m/c @ 10 weeks
Aug 2017: BFP [8/1 beta 1: 6, 8/4 beta #3: 37]

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/492852]
carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SuzieSue » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks for inviting me to join Carrot and i hope others dont mind me jumpin in. I am trying for #2 and have been for 7 months. I have a DD who is 2yrs and 9 months. I am looking for some company as I seem to be alone in struggling with number 2 and wud b nice to share the downs (and hopefully the ups!) X
SuzieSue
Friend

Postby carrotk » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Welcome! My DD is 16 months old and I've been trying for #2 and this is my 6th cycle trying for #2. I'm CD 1 today and I'm thinking I'm going to try temping again this month. Suzie do you temp or use OPKs?

So I made it to the gym today for the second time this week. Probably doesn't sound like anything worth celebrating, but I'm proud and I'm trying to stay positive! While I was there I saw three beautiful pregnant ladies being fit and gorgeous. I had a fleeting moment of jealousy, but then I felt surprisingly reassured and positive. I'm not a person who is big into "signs" but for whatever reason I had this comforting feeling that I was doing what I was supposed to do and my time would come when it was meant to. Sorry if that sounds super sappy!

I got my new prentals, opks, and thermometer in the mail this morning! Right now my plan is to do as much as I can without driving myself crazy. If temping starts disturbing myself or if the opks start stressing me out, I'll just drop them and go with the flow.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Hey ladies!

Welcome Suzie! Our DDs are close in age! Mine is 2 years 6 months! Glad you could join us. TTC #2 seems very different than #1, although one feels just as desperate!

Gotta keep it short but didn't wanna be out of the loop. Big trip to Cali tomorrow. Was hoping to fit a BD in tonight but sleep wins out when you have to get up at 3:45am!

CD13 and ready for O! I'm actually getting more CM this month which is positive! We used pre sees last night and I loved it! It felt so "natural" if that makes sense. Used 1 ml or whatever and I could have used a bit more.

Anyway, sorry I can't properly respond. Just wanted to check in!!
Me: 32 DH: 39
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby SuzieSue » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:15 am

Thanks for the welcome!
Well done on gym Carrotk and for being positive. I am not at the stage yet when dont feel jealous when see mums to b rubbing their beautiful bumps!! Good for u. I have now become crazy aware of looking at people in street who have more than one DC and thinking bout age gap and how lucky they r to have 2! Its driving me crazy.
Sandralin, njoy ur trip n hope helps u relax over o time! This is our second cycle using preseed and still sticking to 1ml but liking it too!
Im just using opks carrotk. I have a regular 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14-16 so i dont even really need them! But then makes me wonder even more why it isnt happenin... currently on cd16 so entering the tww... x
SuzieSue
Friend

Postby carrotk » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Oh in didn't realize you were going to cali, that's where we are! Hope you're having a good time!

I set an alarm to take my temp this morning but randomly woke up 2 hours earlier. The same thing happened last time I was temping, I guess my body is anticipating the alarm and then I don't sleep well in the morning. I decided to just skip it this morning since I don't want to get back in the habit of temping at like 5am, I like my sleep way too much. Other than that just waiting to finish up AF. Planning to start OPKs around CD 7 or 8.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:29 am

Hey y'all! I promise to catch up with you all soon, just been busy on our trip, but I need some advice...

I took an Internet cheapie OPK on CD16 and it was dark but not completely positive. Then I took one this morning on CD17 and it was totally light. Could that mean my surge is over? I was hoping to BD last night but... DH and I crashed after a long day in SF. I hope we didn't miss it! We were right on track!

Also, to add, I've been having lots of CM and yesterday it was barely there and today nothing. Are we passed our chance??
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Hey! I hate to be a downer but it does seem like you may have ovulated, especially if your cm is gone. OPKs can be so tricky! That exact thing happened to me the first month I used them. They were progressively getting darker and then all of a sudden got lighter and I never had a postive. Were you drinking more water than usual?

On the bright side if you BD'd the day before ovulating you should still have a good chance! I know it's hard while traveling and you did best you could!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Hey. You're probably right. I'm so discouraged. I really had high hopes for this month! My app said O would be Wednesday (CD18) so I didn't stress too much about it yet.
We managed to BD on CD14 (Saturday) night, and then I think O happened Monday. We did BD this morning (Tuesday) so I really hope we somehow caught it. I am SO upset that we missed it! At least if we would have BD last night (Monday night), I would feel a bit hopeful.

Ugh! Now I not only have the TWW, but another MONTH to wait thru to try and catch it again! Totally calling myself out. Time to live it up on vacation and have some drinks!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:28 am

Ah so frustrating. It's crazy how finicky our bodies can be! Are you still testing with the opks just in case? Either way here's to hoping you caught the egg and the tww goes by fast! I always hold out a little hope since we hadn't BD'd anywhere near my usual O day when I conceived DD. You just never know.

I'm just finishing up AF over here. I've managed to take my temp the past few days without feeling crazy or losing sleep over it, I'm hoping it stays that way. Plan on starting OPKs on CD 8 (Friday) just because I had that one weird cycle where I ovulated super early a few months back. I have managed to keep up with going to the gym regularly, but my diet has been pretty hit or miss. Sending out all the postive vibes!!!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:40 am

Good morning!

You are so right, there still is a little hope. As much as we think we "know" about TTC, I believe that God knows when we should conceive and will make it happen. We've been using preseed as well so maybe that will keep those swimmers happy!

Are you in Southern Cali, Carrot? We are in the Bay Area, which is where I grew up. We are going to Monterey today which is my favorite place in California! I haven't been there for 15 years so I'm very excited!

I'm so glad the temping and gym are going well for you! Hopefully the opks help you figure out exact O times. That would be helpful for sure. Here's to 2017!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Yep we're in southern California, but we're actually waiting to find out if we'll be moving to Monterey! Always happy to hear that people like it so much since I won't know anyone there if we do end up moving. Glad you're having a good time on your trip! Hopefully it helps your tww go by faster!

Not much going on for me right now. DH is away on a work trip and gets back tomorrow which will be CD 8 for me, so perfect timing basically haha!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Oh Sandralin I'm sorry you missed O! I absolutely understand how frustrated you're feeling. It feels like forever waiting out the TWW, and then again to ovulate. It's especially tough if you're a later ovulater.
I had hoped to TTC this month, but we all got horrible flu and I just didn't have the energy to do anything, let alone BD. It was a real shame because I felt instinctual and optimistic to try for a December baby. I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.

carrot, your DH has timed his trip perfectly! You can kick back and relax in that Californian sun - ahhh, I dream of places like that. Sun and beach...is it really like the movies?

So we might be moving house in June. We're putting in an application on 27th April, so keeping my fingers crossed we get accepted. We currently rent which I hate because I can't put my own stamp on the property. It would be perfect if I could give my DS1 blue painted walls in his bedroom instead of boring beige. We're also going on vacation in May to Wales. The resort has lots of sports and activities like kayaking, cycling, swimming, archery, shooting, abseiling etc etc. I'm undecided whether to TTC next cycle, because I'd be in my TWW during our trip. Perhaps it'd be best to wait till July. :shock:
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Hey all!

Another quick reply cuz we are going going going on our trip.

I have had more CM the past 2 days. Definitely could be positive. Trying to make up for the BD too. Fingers crossed that somehow O happened later than I thought and didn't miss it. Bbs are very sore today though, so that's usually a sign right after O for me. I give up trying to figure it all out. Just gotta BD and pray it "takes"

I promise to catch up soon! We've been running from here to there and haven't stopped much!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups