TTC #2 - September 2016 Hopefuls

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC #2 - September 2016 Hopefuls

Postby Sandralin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:31 am

Kat, it is our pleasure to be there for you during this time! It can be an emotional rollercoaster (and we thought that part ended with TTC! Ha!) and it is so important not to have to go through it alone. Still praying and hoping for a healthy little one for you! That little one is still going strong!

Fly, can't wait to hear about your next scan. Hope you don't lose too much sleep due to excitement! hehe.

8dpo for me and I have no desire to test... to be honest, I really cannot face staring down at yet another negative test. I actually had a dream last night that I started my period on 10dpo.... what a horrible dream! I'm trying to stay positive and really be content where God has us now (and the fact that we have a beautiful daughter already), I just can't help but fall into that intense desire for "just one more". In happier news, though, today is my last day of work! YAY! I am so thankful that I will be able to be home with my little girl...
Me: 32 DH: 39
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Sandralin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Ok for some reason I forgot to respond to this... Sorry Kat! How are you all doing? I hope everything is just sailing along with no problems...

So, pms has hit me like a ton of bricks! Moody doesn't even begin to describe how I've been feeling yesterday and today. Poor DH has had his head bitten off quite a few times! So of course my little heart starts thinking that maybe it's a "sign" and blah blah blah. I just can't bring myself to test cuz then it feels so "definite". 10dpo today (Saturday) and I just can't seem to test. I just can't. Ugh!!! Sorry, venting... Time to go sleep off the moodiness.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Flybutter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Kat, I hope we hear from you soon! You have me so worried lady!

Sandra, my scan went well and we are having a girl so we are very happy!

I hope AF stays away for you.
Kimberly (33) married to Joshua (35) ~ February 11, 2016.

PCOS
Clomid #1 50MG - July - Miscarriage September 17th, 2015 - 8wks :angel:
Clomid #2 50MG - November - Annovulatory - CD21 1.8 - BFN
Clomid #3 100MG - December - Ovulated - CD21 6.3 - BFN
Clomid #4 100MG - January - Ovulated - CD21 18.5 - BFN
Clomid #5 100MG - February - Ovulated - No CD21 Because of Lab Mixup - BFN
Clomid #6 150MG - April - Ovulated - Didn't bother with CD21 - Discouraged - BFN
Month off clomid - May - Ovulated - No CD 21 - 06/06/2016 :bfp:

June 13 Beta: 1228 - Progesterone: 17.5
June 15 Beta: 2759
June 22 Beta: 28,354

:hb: 6w1d: 101 bpm
:hb: 13w5d: 159 bpm

Flybutter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:01 am

Oh Fly how exciting!! Girls are so much fun, especially all the shopping. Hehe. Is DH excited about a girl? There's nothing sweeter than a daddy daughter bond. Aww.

Kat, how are things going? Hope all is well with you.

13dpo today and I took a test yesterday and a big stark white nothing. I keep having dreams of being pregnant and also dreams about getting AF. AF is due tomorrow and I fully expect her to show. Oh well. Just over a week till we see the endo and hopefully start getting some answers.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Sandralin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:44 am

AF came last night.... I don't know what to feel anymore. One week till DHs appt and I really hope and pray that treatment will start quickly!

Kat, really worried about you. Hopefully you are on vacation or something and too busy to respond. Praying for ya!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Hello!!!! So so so sorry for my absence! Did not mean to cause alarm!! DH had a last minute work trip last week and my "morning sickness" decided to kick up a couple of notches at the same time so I've basically been in survival mode. I don't mean to complain because I am still beyond grateful to even be in this position but between the nausea and drowsiness from the nausea medicine I've been sleeping any time I get free time lol. He's back now and I'm in a much better place with his help, but still struggling with the all day nausea and extreme drowsiness. Now that he's home I think I'm going to try switching from Diclegis (unisom & b6) to just b6. Since I'm still feeling a good amount of nausea anyway, I figure it's worth trying to see if I can cut out some of the drowsiness.

Sandy, so sorry to hear about AF. Ugh, so frustrating especially with the pregnancy dreams. I'm counting down the days to the appointment with you and praying you get good news!!

Fly, Yayyy!!! I know I'm totally biased here but little girls are so much fun. Congrats!!! Have you started talking about names??
Hypothyroid
March 2014: BFP, baby girl born 11/2014
Nov 2015: started TTC #2
July 2016: BFP - m/c @ 10 weeks
Aug 2017: BFP [8/1 beta 1: 6, 8/4 beta #3: 37]

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/492852]
carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Kat, sooooo glad everything is ok (well, despite the nausea). Did you have bad morning sickness with DD? I hope you were able to rest and have some help this weekend. Is your next scan in a few weeks?

Fly, how are you and baby girl? Ready to start setting up the nursery? Hehe. I loved that part!

Not much going on here. Endo appt on Thursday. I'm just really praying that he has some answers for us and doesn't make us go through another long and drawn out waiting process. I'm worried that they are gonna want DH to get an MRI to rule out some sort of pituitary tumor (usually benign) that could be causing his low t. Unfortunately for us, that would cost a LOT of money for an MRI. Just praying something like Clomid for men could do the trick.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:58 am

Yes, I had a good amount of nausea with DD but I don't remember it being this bad. I guess since it's been almost 3 years I could have just forgotten what it was really like! Today I switched from diclegis to taking just b6 a few times throughout the day. So far so good and it's been much better not having the drowsiness. My next appt is next Tuesday. It's really to check on the cyst but we should be able to get a peak at baby hopefully!

I'm praying so hard for the endo appt for you guys. Really, really hoping that even if they do want to check for other possible issues that they will be willing to let you try the clomid treatment at least in the meantime!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Flybutter » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:59 am

Sandra, I really hope you hear some positive things at your appointment and praying that clomid will work for hubby!

Kat, glad things are going well so far and that you are less worried now, though I understand that you will be worried until that little one is safe in your arms, that is exactly how I feel!

AFM: We are officially 4 months today and everything seems to be going well. I have virtually no symptoms so I guess I am lucky! My QUAD screen came out negative and we are thrilled about that! We went yesterday and picked out her first outfit to come home from the hospital. It will be winter and we will be in Colorado so it is a warm footed onesie with a cap. I think it is adorable and like seeing it hanging next to daddys clothes in the closet. <3
Kimberly (33) married to Joshua (35) ~ February 11, 2016.

PCOS
Clomid #1 50MG - July - Miscarriage September 17th, 2015 - 8wks :angel:
Clomid #2 50MG - November - Annovulatory - CD21 1.8 - BFN
Clomid #3 100MG - December - Ovulated - CD21 6.3 - BFN
Clomid #4 100MG - January - Ovulated - CD21 18.5 - BFN
Clomid #5 100MG - February - Ovulated - No CD21 Because of Lab Mixup - BFN
Clomid #6 150MG - April - Ovulated - Didn't bother with CD21 - Discouraged - BFN
Month off clomid - May - Ovulated - No CD 21 - 06/06/2016 :bfp:

June 13 Beta: 1228 - Progesterone: 17.5
June 15 Beta: 2759
June 22 Beta: 28,354

:hb: 6w1d: 101 bpm
:hb: 13w5d: 159 bpm

Flybutter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey ladies...

We saw the endocrinologist. He was a very good doctor and really took his time asking questions and explaining things well. The outcome was as we expected which is more tests and a follow up, but I feel like we are finally taking a step in the right direction. He said he thinks there definitely is something going on with the pituitary gland. However, he explained the difference between total testosterone and free testosterone and said that although DHs total t was low, his free t was low but just borderline, so he wants to test him again to see if he even has a testosterone issue. He said that the total t can be low but if the free t is normal then there is a chance that the t is fine.

He said the likely treatments for DH would be clomid and HCG injections to help produce more sperm, followed by testosterone treatments once we are done having children (that is assuming that he truly has low t). I feel encouraged after the appointment. The only part I am not happy with is that he said to do a follow up most likely in 3 months, although the blood results will only take a week or two. We asked if we could come in sooner, and he said we had to wait to see what the results say and what his availability looks like. I know it's a very busy clinic and all but I really really hope we can be seen sooner. Because the earlier DH starts treatment, the better off we are. However, despite all of that, we are finally getting to the root cause of DHs issue, rather than just treating the symptoms.

I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful. The doctor did say that it's a good sign that DH does have SOME sperm, and that there still is a chance we can conceive, it just lessens the chance with his low numbers. All I can do is keep believing that if its God's will, He can make it happen. DH and I are standing on that belief together because its really only through God's miracles that conception happens!

On a side note... You know DHs sister who is getting a divorce? Yeah, she isn't even divorced yet and is "accidentally" pregnant by her new boyfriend. GRRRRR! Stay positive Sandy, STAY POSITIVE!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Oh wow! So glad that you had an overall good experience and feel good about the doctor. But so frustrating that he thinks he won't get you back in for 3 months! I would think that if the test results come back pretty straight forward he could just do a follow up over the phone and write a script if necessary. Hoping hard for a good (and fast!) outcome for you both! Really, really happy to hear that te doc is at least open to the clomid treatment you've been talking about. And so crazy about your sister in law. It sounds like you're handling everything so gracefully! I know that would definitely be getting under my skin!!!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:07 pm

Hey ladies! Just wanted to check in real quick. My morning sickness has gotten so much better overy the past few days. I was *almost* starting to worry that it might be a bad sign since I'm only 9 weeks, but then I puked this morning and weirdly felt better lol! I actually much prefer occasional vomiting to the all day upset tummy I was having. Today is Sunday and I get to see baby again on Tuesday!! So grateful for this long holiday weekend to help the days go by faster. If everything checks out well on Tuesday I think I'll be able to relax a little and feel more confidant about the pregnancy overall.
Hope you ladies are having a great weekend? Have you done anything fun or exciting?
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:21 pm

Hey all!
Thanks for the quick note Kat. I've been meaning to post but kept getting distracted. Hehe.

Kat, I am SO glad that the morning sickness has eased a bit! Maybe you've reached a leveling off point. How exciting about seeing baby on Tuesday! I'm sure you will be much more at ease after Tuesday.

Fly, how are you doing? Feeling good still?

Not much to report here. CD12 and just trying to BD every two or three days until closer to O. I'm really chill about it this month. I'm actually finding that I am enjoying the BD more, instead of being a chore. DH is also very relaxed this month. He will probably get his blood work done on Tuesday and then you better believe I will be hounding the Endo office for an appt. hehe.

Ok so, again on CD9 I had what appeared to be EWCM. I tell you, it's really confusing me because it's been just about every month now on CD9 (give or take a month or so) that I've had all of this on CD9. But I have clearly been ovulating later cuz I would get the sore bbs later and when I did OPKs, it was positive around day 17. Maybe I gear up for O but it doesn't happen the first time around? It's weird cuz I swear I have more CM on CD9 then I do on O day. Hmm.

We are just hanging out this weekend as DH finally has all weekend off. We cleaned out the whole garage yesterday and it looks amazing so I think we've accomplished enough. Lol. Speak soon!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Hey everyone.
So I went in for an ultrasound today at exactly 10 weeks and there was no heartbeat. Baby was only measuring 9 weeks and the doc said he could see some internal bleeding around the baby. I've been feeling completely normal, no cramps, no bleeding, and plenty of nausea. I want to say it was a total shock, but I've honestly had a bad feeling about this pregnancy from the beginning, I just never wanted to seem pessimistic or ungrateful. Still deciding where to go from here since I haven't started bleeding on my own. Part of my just wants to handle it naturally, but the ease and quickness if a D&C is sounding really appealing. I know for sure I'm not going to choose the pill option, I don't think I could handle lavir pains AND seeing the tissue pass, that just sounds like way too traumatic to me right now.

Honestly I feel ok right now. Of course I'm terribly dissapointed and it all sucks... a lot... but I know it's happening for a reason and I'm just beyond grateful for the healthy child I do have.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Oh Kat, I am so sorry to hear about no heartbeat. I know you've had quite a rollercoaster with this pregnancy so far, but I know this wasn't the outcome you were hoping for. I am praying for you and your family as you process and deal with all the details. Please keep us updated as to how you are doing and feeling. You are so right, there is a reason this happened and it's important to focus on the blessing you do have! Hugs and prayers to you!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups