POSITIVE VIBES FOR A BFP

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: southernbelle, maddy, unaffected, JessM

Re: POSITIVE VIBES FOR A BFP

Postby Kareish » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:44 am

Hi Girls

So good to see the original crew is still together :)

@Always- I believe you have these dreams for a reason, they say your baby comes to you in dreams :) I see this as a very positive sign, even though I am a person of science and not superstitious at all. When I dream about my baby it has always been a girl (like always, even before I fell pregnant) and even though I was convinced that I am having a boy a few ladies at work looked at my 12 week scan video and picked up signs of a baby girl :) Fingers crossed for you!

@staying- looks like you are on track and determined, sending you lot's of babydust :)

@Me2- testing must have been so tempting! I am glad to hear that you are in a good space :)

@Sweet- Hope you are feeling better hun, the first trimester was difficult for me to. I also feel so bad for my DH, he literally does everything around the house because I am to exhausted to help. I've even asked my domestic to come in twice a week to help around the house just because I have zero energy. I am sure the iron supplements will help a lot. Hang in there, here's hoping things get easier in the second trimester :)

@Newly- OMG!!!!! you are almost halfway at 20 weeks!!! this is so exciting! and to think you may be having a little baby girl! I know what you mean about getting bigger, I've bought so much maternity clothes just so that I can feel comfortable. At almost 14 weeks I feel like a whale already! I keep convincing myself to take comfort in the symptoms because it means that baby is growing and is healthy but it's easier said than done.

AFM- I was doing really well until yesterday, started to feel a bit more energetic and food aversions were finally on it's way out and then yesterday I couldn't stomach anything but toast. severe lack of appetite even though I'm hungry (don't know if that makes sense), been feeling really down and out the past few days, guess it's because DH and I have been having some family drama. It's amazing how a happy time like this can bring out the crazy in some friends and family members. Hope you ladies won't have to experience that. Such is life, can't have it all I guess, for now I'm counting down the days till the 16 week scan which is when we will do the blood test for Down's and hopefully be able to confirm the gender of the baby.

Hope you girls have a great week a head xoxo
Me: 31
DH: 30
TTC #1 for 6 months
Taking pregomega plus
OPK testing - Clearblu Digital
28/11/15: BFP :)
Baby Kayden born 29th July 2016 @ 2.66kgs
Kareish
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:09 am

Yay - hi Kareish. So nice to hear from you! Great to have everyone together again. Will be good to catch up.
I am sorry about the family drama - what is going on?
I am sure it's hard as the last thing you need is stress. I hope you start feeling better now as you move into your second tri.

Newly - I am not actually trying this month. Two - three months of unsuccessful SMEP was really hard on me emotionally and I was just peeing on sticks way too much and stressing alot.
DH wanted to give it a go again this month before we go to the doctor together, but then we chatted about it some more and decided that we both needed a bit of a break. I was feeling emotionally worn out and he admitted he didn't know if he could actually manage the SMEP regime again and he was missing the romance as was I.
So we have resumed to pre-TTC life. No tracking of anything - not really trying to make a baby DTD when we want to really. I don't even really know if we have DTD in my fertile time or when it was.
It's really done wonders for me emotionally, so I am ok with giving up a month just to get my head straight again. DH said to me on the weekend he is glad we did take a break.
It's just for this month. I am going to a new doctor and I am going to ask for a plan from him one way or another and I want to have the basic blood tests and things done to see if we need any help with this thing or just to get peace of mind. I am wondering alot about things like CM - you know I don't get alot.
Also my AF was incredibly painful this last month - I have been checked for cysts before and it was clear but I want to ask him about that and the light AF's. So all those questions I have lined up for my doc's visit on Thursday. From next month I am back in a big way! :D

Its the year of the monkey from Chinese New Year so I am really hopeful I will be getting my little monkey in 2016 still :)
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:12 am

Me2- glad your break is still going well. I'm sure your mind thanks you :) and yes hopefully you get your monkey! You deserve it.

Newly- I'm sorry you are feeling so down. Remember you are doing hard work of growing a human and that is a huge task. You are no less desirable then you were before. I'm sure you are glowing.

Kar- thanks for stopping by! Sorry your symptoms are coming back hopefully you are able to eat again soon. I'm sorry you are having family drama hopefully they all can put that aside and be happy for you guys. Here's to hoping it improves for you.

Afm- I hope you girls are right that the dreams is a good sign. I have had many before so I'm not crossing my fingers. I'm feeling down lately and starting to wonder is it going to happen. I try to push that aside and just focus on the present and hope for the best but as you guys know some days it's tough. Just stayed busy during My wait.

Have a good day ! Or hope you had a good ( I know are all at different points of our day)
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi ladies

Always, how are you feeling? Your dream sounds quite vivid.

Welcome back Newly and congrats on finding out you are having a girl! Hang in there and try not to think to much about your shape or size- try to remember you are performing a miracle and providing baby girl with the best place to grow and be protected full of nutrients and all the good stuff she needs to be nice and healthy!

Me2- awesome that you are still enjoying your break! It's probably so nice not thinking about any of it.

AFM- I'm now in the TWW. FF gave me dotted cross hairs which is annoying and moved my O day out by a day yesterday morning, but I'm about 4 DPO. My appt is tomorrow night. I'm hoping this snow that is supposed to be falling through Wednesday doesn't mess it up. I'm anxious to get it over with to see when we can get the testing started. In the meantime, we picked up our new fosterdog on Saturday and she's such a sweetie! Looking forward to finding her a great home! :-) Hope you all had a great Monday!
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:43 am

Hello,

Just popping in.

Kar and Newly - you girls are beautiful. I hope you both feel better soon, but remember how gorgeous you are carrying your little miracles.

Staying - I wanted to send you lots of positive thoughts for your appointment later. I hope it brings you some peace of mind and way forward. Let us know how it goes.

Always - what day are you on now?

xx
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:08 am

Staying - good luck at your appointment I hope you get some answers let us know how it goes. Thinking about you and DH! That's exciting about the foster dog :)

Me2- I'm not sure of the exact day im hoping 5-6 dpo because I was on track with bd and then not :/ af is due the 17th possibly 18th.

Hope all is well!
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:40 am

Hi ladies- just a quick update before work gets crazy!

Me2- Your appointment is tomorrow, right? Wishing you lots of luck. Keep us posted!

Always- How are you feeling? Any noticeable symptoms?

Newly/Sweet/Kar- I hope you are all doing well!

AFM- I had my appointment last night. It went as I expected. She gave me a script to go get an HSG done (which you get done around CD6 or right after AF leaves) and also scripts for labs on CD3 and CD10 of next cycle to check FSH and progesterone levels. If you don't know what and HSG is- they basically stick a catheter into your cervix and inject a dye into your tubes and then take x-rays. They are looking for blockages. I'm in my TWW now so have some time to prepare (mentally) for all of this. She also gave me a recommendation for an RE. Dr. told me that if the HSG comes back clear and all labs are good, then she said the next thing would be to sit with the RE and discuss next steps.

She did say if we decide to move in that direction it will consume our life and I will probably have to do crazy things like go to the office at crazy hours etc when they tell me to and she wanted us to be prepared. She also mentioned that not all insurances cover fertility appointments, etc so I'm going to be looking into that today to see what will be covered, because honestly we don't have all of these extra funds laying around just to try and get pregnant. What happens when we do get pregnant and we've spent all our money trying to get pregnant- what a predicament that would be. I'll have to look into and see what's what though before getting myself into a panic. Well here's to hoping that this TWW doesn't end in AF and I don't have to go for any of the tests! :-). 6DPO for me today and not much going on. Temp rose a bit this am, which I guess is good, but not anything different from any other cycle. I started feeling pretty bloated late last night- not sure what that was all about. We had a small dinner b/c we didn't get home from the appt until 8pm (so it was egg sandwiches!) Still feeling a little bloated this am. Other than that and the normal fuller feeling bbs, I don't have much going on!

March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:14 am

Staying- I was thinking about you and wondering how it went. It sounds like it was stressful so I am sorry you had to go through it. That is good that you have the scripts (I agree I hope you don't need them). This whole process is so frustrating and I wish none of us (or anyone) had to go through it. I understand what you mean about the high costs. Hopefully you don't have to get to that point. Try not to panic I know it is super hard not too but I believe it will all work out. My fingers are crossed super hard for you this cycle!

Me2- good luck at your appointment will be thinking of you.

Afm- I have had a long couple of days. I am trying to get myself out of my head. I am feeling the same cramp pains I have been getting the last few cycles so I'm not looking to far into them because at this point they have become normal. I've had more acid reflex but I think it is way to early for that to be related to an early pregnancy. Trying to convince myself not to test early (this weekend would be the earliest I would test but is still to early (af is due the 17th).

Have a good day ladies.
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 am

Hello everyone,

Staying - I really hope you don't need those scripts or tests. I am sure my appointment will be similar. How are you feeling about everything they said or all you still working through all the options?
Bloating is supposed to be one of the first signs but I know we all get nervous of symptom spotting!

Always - are you keeping up with your yoga? Is there anything else you can do to distract yourself? I know it's hard not to test. I hope you keep yourself busy.

My appointment is tomorrow. I feel nervous, honestly I've tried to back out more than once in the last few days. DH is steady though and he just says we get it done and whatever comes of it we deal with. I will let you ladies know how it goes. I am not sure exactly where I am in my cycle but I'm pretty sure I am post O due to my boobs feeling full. So I think he may do the ultra sound to check the lining again and to see if the follicle has ruptured. Staying - did they do anything like that with you? Will update you all tomorrow.
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 am

Always- I really hope this is it for you. A girl in another board mentioned acid reflux as something she had going on and she ended up getting pregnant that cycle. I know we all don't want to get too excited when we hear things like that, but I'm keeping my FX for you!!

Me2- My appt. was with my gyno so they don't go that in depth with anything. She did mention the follicle tests would be something that an RE would want to do. I'm glad I made the appt. with the Gyno first though because going back to the insurance stuff, she said that some companies don't cover the HSG or labs if you get the scripts from an RE. So she said it was good that we are going to do these things through my regular gyno. I'm feeling okay about everything they told us to be honest. I kind of knew these were going to be the next steps anyway so I guess that is why I was okay with all of the info she provided. She did mention that a lot of times after the HSG (even if tubes were clear) many women get pregnant after having that done, so I am cautiously optimistic about that. If my labs and HSG come back all clear I'm leaning more towards giving it a few more cycles before going to see an RE. But I haven't talked to DH about it at all yet. Is your appt with you gyno or an RE? I'm hoping all goes well for you at your appt. Keep us posted!

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:05 am

He's a gyno who specializes in fertility. I haven't seen him before. It's at a fertility clinic. I think I probably skipped a few steps but my other gyno was just all wait and see, another 6-9 months and I'm just thinking wow - I'll be 34 when I have my first baby. And that's if there really is nothing wrong and I get pregnant in the next 6-9 months: Would rather just check it all out and know one way or the other for both me and DH.
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 am

Me2- it's ok to be nervous but I'm glad your DH is being supportive. I'm glad you found a new gyno it sounds like a step in the right direction. Good luck tomorrow. I am trying to do yoga but I have trouble getting up in the morning and struggle after work due to still working but I have to quit with my excuses! I will keep it up today. Thanks for the support!

Staying- I'm glad you are optimistic! Thanks for the support
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:54 am

Hello everyone,

Just an update on my appointment.
The doctor was super nice so I am relieved about that because I was so nervous. He believes in a holistic approach so he has recommended that we do a full plan. Healthy eating, excercise, mental well being etc.

From a medical point of view - he did another internal ultrasound like I thought he would. Ovaries and lining looks good. On CD 2 next cycle I need to go for the blood tests - there's a bunch, probably same as yours Staying. AMH, Insulin, Thyroid etc.

Then CD 12 I go for another internal ultrasound where he will predict my O and ask us to time BDing in the early hours of the morning on the day he thinks - then go back and he will check the mucus and sperm interaction. From there he said he should know all he needs to know (aside from the blocked tubes) to plan the way forward.

So I am feeling positive, much better and so happy that we have a plan and some support. DH is off on Monday for his SA and he feels good too and really likes the doctor.

How are you ladies doing today?
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Me2please » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 am

Oh he also told me to ditch the OPKs and stop tracking things and not to start temping - which I am more than happy to do! :)
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:05 am

Me2- it sounds like your appointment went well! I'm glad you liked the doctor that is huge to be able to feel comfortable. It sounds like he has a good plan to check things out so that is great! Did he say ditch the tracking for sanity purposes or just because he was going to be doing all the things he thought necessary? But that's good that you get to stop!

Afm- I woke up today in a better place. I just have to remember I can't beat myself up and have to believe it will all work even though it hasn't yet. I'm hopeful for this cycle but realistic that after day 15 I was not able to bd so if I od much after that I'm out so I'm really hoping I didn't. I need to start eating healthier just like you said me2 it's a hollisic approach and not bits and pieces.

Hope all is well!
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups