POSITIVE VIBES FOR A BFP

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: POSITIVE VIBES FOR A BFP

Postby Me2please » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:20 am

Hi Always, Glad you are feeling better. It is going to happen for you. In fact he said one of the most important things is your mental state. Your mind affects your body so he said it's necessary to stay positive and to take time out for your mind.

He said to ditch them for stress - he said they are stressful for me and since I know roughly when I O I should work with that. This next cycle he will be able to tell me exactly when I will O so I am very excited for that because I have never really known exactly in any month.
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

Me2- Your appointment sounds like it was much better than mine! I like the idea of the holistic approach and a lot of what he said to you is exactly what they say in the "taking charge of your fertility" book about things he plans to check. Did you look specifically for a holistic gyno or did it just turn out that way? My gyno is definitely more by the medical side of things. She kind of laughed when I told her I was reading that book. You are on the right track. I'm glad you are feeling good about everything. I don't even think the blood tests I'm going for will be checking thyroid (which I think stinks b/c I'm concerned about that). Did he recommend any foods to eat or avoid?

AFM- not much going on for me. Just waiting...Have a great day ladies!
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Me2please » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:14 am

Staying - when I was looking for a fertility clinic they did make mention on their website that they look at fertility holistically. I didn't specifically seek it out or choose them for that reason but I am happy that it's factored in.

He asked a lot of questions about diet, activity levels etc. DH and I are pretty health conscious, so he was pretty happy with what we are eating. He specifically asked about processed food and refined carbs (white bread etc) So I guess those are bad. I did confess to my chocolate addiction - you know how guilty we feel about our vices when ttc - he kind of chuckled and said that's ok. I asked about coffee - I drink 1-2 per day. He said that's ok too. He said to make sure to include green leafy veg. He said omega 3 is very important and recommended a multi it called Staminogro. Not sure if you get that in the States? So nothing too specific yet, probably after all the tests.

Can you ask your gyno to track a cycle for you and check a few things?

Thanks for the support ladies! Rooting for you both this month
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Me2please » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:38 am

Just edited above as I remembered a few specifics for you:-)
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Staying- I'm annoyed for you that she laughed when you said you were reading your book. I feel as though that's not very professional.

Me2-thanks for listing some of specifics they told you :) it's always good to hear what doctors say.

Hope you both are doing well :)
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:41 pm

I felt the same as Always about your doc Staying, wasn't sure if I should say anything.

Ladies, one thing the doc said he really recommends a body alignment. He asked about aches and pains which I get on my left side - especially in my back. He recommended me to someone and I might go next week. I will let you ladies know what it's like. It was something a bit unexpected but kind of makes sense?
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Kareish » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:16 am

Hi Girls

Still here cheering you ladies on :) glad to hear that you girls are in a good space and that you are taking charge of your fertility! me2 it sounds like your doctor is on top of things. I must be honest that the month I fell pregnant I was very determined, somehow I just knew that that was the right timing so I was very positive, I cut out all caffeine and sugar and especially cut out alcohol that month which was difficult because I am a brewer by trade so it's kinda part of my everyday working life.

I agree that your mental state is very important and I am not a particularly religious person but I did feel that I fell pregnant in God's time and not in my time...that didn't stop my determination though.

I am very very proud of each of you ladies for giving it your all, I promise you it will happen :)

As for the Staminogro my GP also suggested it, he said it was the closest you could get to taking HCG. DH and I didn't use it because it is quite pricey especially since you need to take 3-5 tablets a day I think. It's worth a try...

Fingers crossed for you girls...
Me: 31
DH: 30
TTC #1 for 6 months
Taking pregomega plus
OPK testing - Clearblu Digital
28/11/15: BFP :)
Baby Kayden born 29th July 2016 @ 2.66kgs
Kareish
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:34 am

Staying- I'm sorry if I sounded to harsh I wasn't saying your appointment was bad or your doctor was just that instance you had mentioned. You are on the right path :) fx for this cycle.

Me2-that's interesting about the alignment. Do you mean like a chiropractor?

Kar-thanks for the encouragement! I am thinking of cutting out all of the things you loses next month if this cycle doesn't work out( I a still hopeful though). Hope pregnancy is treating you well!
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:09 am

Hi Everyone,

Always - glad you are feeling hopeful! How long until you can test?
I have a feeling about you this month, not sure why...

It's not a chiropractor - I am not too sure what it is. He said he found it interesting that all my aches are on my left which is the feminine energy side of the body. Different but interesting.

Kar - thanks, I gone through periods of being pedantic and then others of not. I think everything in moderation is ok, so I am just trying to go with that. I feel very optimistic about this next cycle. With the doctor around to just guide me a little I think it's going to be a huge help. I just have this feeling my baby is still coming this year :)
I was a little emotional this morning, but not in a bad way - more in a release kind of way and I have my better days but I am feeling more and more positive all the time for some reason.
How are you feeling? Are your symptoms settling down yet?

Staying - how are things going in the wait so far?

Strangely I have none of my usual cramping this month - do you think the cramps could be simply caused by thinking/worrying about it too much?
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:46 am

Hi Ladies

Well it's Friday so there is that.

Always- What DPO are you? When do you think you will test?

Me2- glad you are feeling good and positive about your upcoming cycle. Hoping it will be your cycle! Is the staminogro a multi that you would take on top of the pre-natal or is that something you would take in place of the prenatal. Let us know how it goes with the body alignment.

Don't worry- I did not take offense to your comments about my Dr. I said it because it sounds like Me2 has connected with a doctor that I would much rather prefer. I honestly believe in a holistic approach to everything and do my best to avoid putting anything into my body that is not 100% necessary. This HSG that I'm going to be scheduling scares the crap out of me. To me, it is not a normal thing to have done and I always worry if things are not done correctly, well then you could end up in a worse spot than you were before. At the end of the day it is a human doing the procedure, and as I am sure we all know- humans do make mistakes. I would prefer a more holistic approach where the doctor did the things noted in the TCOYF book first before doing anything like this to check for tube patentcy, etc. The sperm/CM interaction was one thing noted in the book as one of the first things to have checked out.

Anyway- I'm 8DPO and feeling nothing. Pretty much the same as every other cycle. So it looks like I will end up going for the HSG and the blood work. I'm not looking forward to it at all. But this will probably be where I stop. I don't have any intentions of going to an RE. As I mentioned above, being poked and prodded by people I do not know really makes me uncomfortable and gives me anxiety. I don't know that I will be able to do it. It will be a discussion I have to have with DH to see how far he wants to take this. Maybe the HSG will clear my tubes and I will get pg next cycle and won't have to worry about even seeing an RE. In the meantime all I can do is wait and see what happens this cycle. Does anyone have big plans with their DH for Valentine's Day? We are probably going to just order in some food and maybe go to the movies- nothing crazy! Have a great weekend ladies!

March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:49 am

Me2-I'm glad you are feeling positive! Reading your positivity helps me think I need to get my mindset together! That's interesting about the no cramping and possible link to thinking fab out it maybe! Hopefully your lack of symptoms is a good thing :)

Staying- I'm sorry your feeling so nervous. My fingers are still crossed that you won't have to worry about any of it :). If you do have to do the test I hope you are right and it sends you luck the next cycle. Try to enjoy your weekend. Dining in and movies sounds great!

Afm- I'm not exact but I'm thinking I'm around 9 dpo. I may test on Sunday but af isn't due till wed and the way I am feeling today I bet she'll be here sooner. Trying to stay optimistic. As for Valentine's Day nothing exciting I still have to go get my card today! I'm slacking.
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Always- i just got my card for DH today as well! You aren't slacking :-)

Well ladies I just booked the HSG appointment and I feel like I want to throw up!! It is scheduled for 2/25. Please please keep me in your thoughts as I really don't want to have to get this done! The appointment is with a male doctor so for me it will be that much more uncomfortable. This may sound wrong, but I just don't get why men become doctors to manage women's health. It just freaks me out a bit. You guys probably think I'm crazy, but I guess I'm just weird when it comes to very personal things like this.

Have a great weekend ladies!

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:45 pm

Staying- I totally understand what you mean about the man doctor. You aren't crazy! I will cross my fingers abd toes that you get your bfp and that you don't need it :). If you do it will all be ok and we will all be here for you from afar.

So I am trying super hard not to symptom spot and actually today I convince myself I was out. However TMI alert... I have never seen so many veins in my boobs. Has this every happen to you ladies? Sorry if this is too much to ask I just didn't know who to tell and I have already googled too much today! I'm hoping that something isn't wrong with me because I was also dizzy I am probably giving my self an anxiety attack and all of these are symptoms of that. Going to dinner tonight with friends hopefully that will help (tho one of them is pregnant..of course I am so excited for her but it won't help me get my mind off of things)

Have a great weekend!
Last edited by Alwaysbelieve on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:53 pm

False alarm I asked DH when he got home and he said they always look like that guess I was grasping at straws lol still holding out hope!
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi ladies,

Staying - I really hope you don't need that appointment! At least it is booked though so you are moving forwards.
Have you been to a man doctor before? It's not as bad you expect. All the men I have been to have been kind and gentle, I sometimes find more so than the ladies. I know some people feel uncomfortable though, so I really hope that you never get to meet him or he's really nice.

Always - is your DH sure? You have never mentioned anything like this before which leads me to think you might not be imagining it. Fx - I hope it's a sign.

I spoke too soon - had a bit of cramping last night. So my cycle is normal. I had a dream last night that I couldn't get pregnant. It was really sad. I hope it's just a worry surfacing.
For V-day we agreed no presents, but we are going to a blues concert in the park. I am really looking forward to it. The park is out of the city and it should be a really nice day out. I have to go shopping today for the picnic basket. Since it's a leap year the ladies are supposed to do all the planning and spoiling! Did you know that? I only found that out yesterday :-)
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups