POSITIVE VIBES FOR A BFP

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: POSITIVE VIBES FOR A BFP

Postby Me2please » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:14 am

Thanks for all the support everyone :)

I am feeling good. If they do the PGD or PGS (I am not sure which one it is but it's the one where they check if the embryo is viable for pregnancy) then we will have to wait for the results and do a frozen transfer. Our doctor did say that he will decide on the cycle if do a fresh transfer anyway because sometimes with the stims your progesterone can shoot up and the uterus is then not optimum for implantation, in which case we freeze and do it on a natural cycle. He said he is doing this in about 60% of cases now but he will see at the time and advise.

For the genetic testing - I am not sure yet. I am going to talk it through with him some more when I go in on day 3. One piece of me would love to leave something up to nature you know, but I am not sure with the sperm issue if there are any increased risks in which case I don't really want to take a chance. Another piece of me would love to put 2 in and hope they both take. That would be amazing too. The other big decision will be DH's surgery. So we will do ICSI either way - but the FS says since there are a few motile in the sample he should be able to use it for ICSI. The urologists thinking is we do a surgery and have loads (though they are not neccessarily all mature - and we can freeze and use however many times we need to.) I think DH is leaning towards the surgery to just get it done forever (he's like that) - but they will advise next week and we will decide.

Staying - sending you all the positive vibes in the world. I would love to have you as an IVF buddy but I still hope it happens on this IUI for you! You seem in such a good space and that seems so positive already.
If it interests you - I have been reading up alot on the moon cycle. If you ovulate over the full moon and AF is due on the new moon they say that is your fertile cycle. Mine is opposite but yours seems more aligned. Maybe that means something good! (yes, I haven't revealed to you all that I am actually a hippie inside :D

Always - how are you going? Are you feeling anything or do you have any news?

EOE - Sending you all love and I can't thank you all enough for your support through all of this.

Have a great day xx
Me: 34
DH: 34
Stopped contraception - Let's just see what happens since Oct '14
Actively TTC since May 2015
ICSI IVF #1 - July 2016 - ended in CP with no frozen embryos
Oct 2016 - Laparoscopy - endo discovered.
ICSI IVF #2 - Feb 17 - Let's make a baby!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:50 am

Me2- sounds like the doctor has a good plan and that you and DH do as well. Good luck with the genetic and surgery decision. I know it's hard to make such big decisions but do whatever you feel is right it sounds like you both have good heads on your shoulders! ps I love that you are an inner hippie :)

Afm- I'm feeling ok it goes off and on. Nothing new to report it feels like it's going so quick! Trying to figure out some things before going back to school next month. Thanks for asking :) I'm hoping you both are in this boat very soon! I have al my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:12 am

Thanks Always - good luck for back to school :) I hope you are keeping well.

Staying - how are you going over there? You feeling anything this time around?

I am just dying for AF to arrive so I can get everything going. In the mean time I have cut out alchohol, dairy and coffee. Eating tons of fruit and veg and avocado and have been eating some fish too (I'm a vegetarian so just breaking that for now.)

That's all from me really. Hope you ladies are all well xxx
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:21 am

Me2- hope your doing well with all the food changes I know sometimes it can be tough. Af is getting closer :) has DH had another appointment?

Staying- I'm thinking of you. Hopefully your wait hasn't been to bad and ends well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope you all are doing well!
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:45 am

Thanks Always, hope you are well too.

The doctors say we should leave the biopsy and proceed with what we have. We are unsure about it though and considering seeking a second opinion. I am going to speak to the urologist tomorrow and go from there.

Hope you are doing well xxx
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:09 am

I've been thinking of you both.

Staying- I hope that you got a bfp at the end of your wait and if not that you are doing alright.

Me2- you are getting close to your expected af and the next steps. Crossing my fingers for you!

Kar- Hope you are doing well getting closer :)

Newly- hppe you and the babe are doing wonderful.

Afm- doing ok have an appointment tomorrow so it will be nice to get some of my questions answered. Have a great week!
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sweetmaria » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:11 am

Hi ladies,

hope you are doing well! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. : )

Always - hope you are feeling OK and pregnancy is going well! how many weeks are you now?

Me2- how are you doing? Wishing you the best of luck with the IVF process. Can't wait to hear good news : )

Staying - how are you doing? Hope this IUI round was successful! please keep us updated .

Kar - how are you doing? You must be around 37-38 weeks now, like me? Just a few weeks and we are done!!!

Newly - congratulations! how are you and the baby doing?

AFM - doing OK but suffering from the heat all the time. It's exceptionally hot here and I am constantly sweating and overheated. Sleeping is ridiculously difficult. I need AC and a fan to keep somewhat cool. This is my final week at work and I am SO excited. My planned c-section is booked for Aug 4th but I am still hoping to go into labor naturally before the c-section.
sweetmaria
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Me2please » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:06 am

Hi Ladies,

So nice to hear from you!

Always - that's great about your appointment! Wishing you all the best - I am sure it is going to be wonderful :)

Sweet - sorry about the heat. Not long now though and your baba will be here. I hope it works out naturally for you but either way it's going to be special.

Kar - I have been thinking of you so much. To think nearly a year ago we met online and started this crazy journey and now your baby is hear. I will message you soon. So much love.

EOE - I hope you are all so well.

Me - I start my IVF protocol end of the week or Monday. Yay. Just waiting for AF and then I go in on day 3 and get the show on the road. Praying this happens for me on this go. Can only stay positive. Loads of love everyone.
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby sweetmaria » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Hi Me2,

Just wanted to confirm if I understand correctly. Did Kar have her baby already?? I had no idea! I remember we were due within a day or two of each other.
If yes, that's fantastic news!!!!!

EOE - sending you hugs!
sweetmaria
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysbelieve » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:15 am

Sweet- I'm so sorry to hear about the heat! That's exciting about the last week of work. Getting close. I hope that you are able to go naturally before August. Hang in there! And thanks I'm feeling alright I am 14 weeks today.

Me2- that is so exciting that the process is starting! Keep up the positive thinking :). Keep us updated.
Alwaysbelieve
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 am

Sweet - no, I don't know if Kareish had her baby yet. Sorry meant to say nearly here (not hear) :) Must have been the rush. Sorry!
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am

Hi Ladies,

So sorry for my long time away. I just needed a bit of time and then I was on vacation last week. Trying to get back into the swing of work and all that is going on has been a little overwhelming. So I am only just now able to pop on really quick!

Always- so glad to hear you are doing well. How did your appointment go the other day? Did you get to see your little baby again or hear the heart beat? How many weeks along are you now?

Sweet- you are so close! Hoping you have a nice and easy labor and delivery! You must be so excited to be so close to finally meeting your baby!

Me2- Has your IVF protocol started yet? What was the final decision with your DH? Is he having the surgery or are you just going with what you get from the sample? Please let me know how the meds are treating you! I'm so happy for you that you are finally getting the process started. You guys waited so long-and I'm just wishing you so much luck and happiness on this new leg of your journey! Do you mind if I ask if you found a good website with decent pricing to order your meds from? Or are your meds covered by insurance?

AFM (and sorry in advance for the novel, but a lot has happened the last few days)- IUI #4 failed and as you know our doctor recommended IVF as the next step. We had our IVF consult yesterday and boy is it a lot to take in at one time. We were sent home with "homework" which I plan to get started tonight. I started looking through all of the paperwork and started feeling very overwhelmed so I figured I would give myself a day to process everything and then start up the homework tonight. The doctor thinks that DH's sperm are stopping to look for directions or something and never actually meeting my eggs, so he has recommended that we move forward with IVF with ICSI (Me2- looks like I will just be about 2 weeks behind you). I was surprised to hear him recommend that, but I feel good with following his lead here. I went into the consult with a page and a half of typed up questions and he was happy to answer all of my questions. I kept apologizing for the amount of questions I had, but he was great and just re-assured me that he is happy I came in with questions since I am going through all of this and I should ask as many questions as I want.

So we are just running with this full speed ahead. Monday we have our next consult to hand in all of our homework, and sign our lives away and all of that fun stuff. Then next Thursday I will be going in for my trial transfer. Then we wait for AF to show (due around 8/7 or so) and then get the process moving from there. I am excited because I am really hoping doing IVF gets us to our end goal of a baby. I am still in shock that this is where the journey has taken us, but as Me2 mentioned- just need to stay positive. Positive mind, body and vibes.

Have a great day ladies!
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kareish » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am

Hi Ladies

Still here lurking and offering my support and still pregnant :)

Staying - I am so so sorry that the IUI was unsuccessful, my heart aches for you and I don't know what to say. I know you were hoping not to have to go through IVF...my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it will be a difficult road but it will be so worth it in the end honey. keep the faith xoxo

Always - Hope you are enjoying the pregnancy, how far along are you now? I had a fairly good first trimester so I hope its been enjoyable for you as well.

Sweet - Gosh can you believe we have made it this far??? It feels like it took forever yet at the same time feels like the entire pregnancy went by so quickly...not sure how that makes sense :) Girl I don't know how you managed to stay at work all this time?! I've been off on maternity leave from the 11th of July already and my C section is scheduled for the 3rd of August :) a day before you so we are pretty much in this together! 2 more weeks to go and baby is already engaged with my pelvic bone...

Me2 - Oh what a crazy ride this has been for you, yet through it all you have managed to stay so positive and determined. I am very proud of your resilience and just as I know everything will work out for Staying I know your baby will find his/her way to you very soon. Please keep us updated, this is so exciting!!! by the time Sweet and my baby turn a month old you could be getting your BFP followed by Staying :)
how amazing will that be!!!

AFM - This has been such an incredible journey, I have been very blessed with a good pregnancy and with 2 weeks to go I am in a very positive and calm space right now. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the toughest things I have had to do in my entire life but it is such a blessing. Hope you girls are all well, fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to you all :)
Me: 31
DH: 30
TTC #1 for 6 months
Taking pregomega plus
OPK testing - Clearblu Digital
28/11/15: BFP :)
Baby Kayden born 29th July 2016 @ 2.66kgs
Kareish
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Me2please » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:10 am

Hi Ladies,

Kareish - that's great about your pregnancy. Nearly there. Thanks for all the support. I feel good about everything. Ready to do what I need to do! Good luck for the coming weeks - it is so exciting!

Staying - I am really sorry about IUI #4. I know that must have been tough. Having said that - I am feeling excited about my IVF. Are you feeling excited yet? DH is nervous, he worries about me taking the meds and going through the procedures but I don't feel worried or nervous at all. We will also be doing ICSI. I think it's good because it just bumps up the chances for eggs to fertilize. If my eggs are good we should be in a good place. I am sure it is the same for you!

How many embryos will you be transferring? We have decided to go with 2 on a fresh cycle if we can.

As for the meds - unlucky for us nothing is covered here in South Africa - aside from the blood tests. Meds and all of that are totally out of pocket. We are blessed to have the funds available for it - I think it is alot cheaper than it is the States though. We get all our meds from the clinic and pay a flat fee for everything included. We don't get charged for consults at all - only meds and procedures.
Your doctor sounds so nice and caring. Mine is quite brisk and factual at this point. It made me feel a bit shakey about proceeding with him, however a friend of mine had her IVF with him and she said he was really good in the end and she is pregnant with a baby girl and had some real issues, so we have just decided to go with it. She said you spend alot of your time with the nurses in any case and they are really good.

There will be no surgery for Dh at this point. They say we should give it a go with the sperm in his sample since we are using ICSI anyway. If it doesn't work reassess. Makes sense - it would be better to avoid a procedure for him.

Sorry for the novel. Just hanging out here waiting for AF to start and then I am off to start the protocol on day 3 of my cycle. My clinic doesn't do suppression meds and procedures are done any day of the week - including weekends as they try to work as much as possible with your natural cycle. Will keep you all posted!

Lots of love xxx
Me2please
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby stayinghopeful31 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:04 am

Kar- How exciting that you get to meet your baby soon and I'm so glad that you have had a great pregnancy! Keep us posted when your little one arrives.

Me2- I am also feeling excited about my IVF but nervous at the same time. Not about the procedure or any of the meds- more so about it not working. But I am trying so hard not to think about any of that and just keep my mind, body and soul in a positive space. I agree about the ICSI- it just increases our chances of more fertilized eggs!

We were just talking last night about how many we would like to transfer for the fresh cycle and honestly I am not sure yet. I know my doctor is more on the conservative side and is going to encourage us to only transfer one embryo especially if we made it to a day 5 transfer and the grading of the embryo is AA. But I think it will be a decision we are going to make once we find out how many eggs have fertilized and whether or not we will be doing day 3 transfer or day 5 blasyt transfer and also the grading of the embryos.

My doctor said that with my age and the way all of my hormone levels look he doesn't think we need to do PGS. So I think we are going to pass on that for the fresh cycle. Are you guys passing on PGS as well? I'm thinking you are since you mentioned a fresh transfer. :-)

That stinks that nothing is covered in SA for infertility treatments. I only have the $10k that my insurance covers per calendar year. Obviously with 4 IUI's under my belt, we have tapped into some of that and will definitely need to pay some out of pocket for IVF. We have decided to pay for the meds out of pocket and use whatever money we have left from insurance for the IVF procedure itself. Hopefully we won't have to pay too much out of pocket for the actual procedure. My doctor also said that they may be able to help us out with donated meds- so I'm hoping that is the case! They also have a grant program going on right now from NY state with my clinic because of their great stats, however they are no longer taking applicants for 2016. At the end of the day we are going to find a way to make it work.

If this fresh cycle doesn't work though, we may need to wait until next year to do the FET so that the insurance gives us another $10k towards treatment. DH's mom has also offered to loan us whatever we need to help us achieve our dream of a family. That was very nice of her to offer, but of course I will feel weird asking to borrow money. We will just have to see how it goes.

Have a great day ladies! (And sorry for the long post, but I'm just glad I have someone else to talk to who is also going through this!)
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014

3/17-1st RE appt. Deemed "Unexplained IF"
March 2016- 1st Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S 3/31- 4 follicles- Right side 3@12, left side-1 @24 1st IUI CD14 (4/2) BFN
April 2016-2nd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD3-7. U/S- 4/29- 21.5 Rt/25 left. Ovidrel Trigger. 2nd IUI (CD13) 4/30. BFN
May 2016- 3rd Clomid cycle (50mg) CD5-9. U/S 5/23- 18,17,11. U/S 5/25- Rt- 21,17,12-Triggered. 5/26 IUI #3. BFN
June 2016- 4th Clomid cycle (50mg) Cyst on left ovary (completely gone by CD12 U/S) IUI #4 BFN
July 2016- Natural cycle while prepping for IVF with ICSI for August's cycle
August 2016- IVF cycle cancelled. Lab shuts down at the end of August.
Sept 2016- IVF cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16. BFP 9/30 EDD 6/7/17

stayinghopeful31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups