Buddies? CD6

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Buddies? CD6

Postby AshleyL0803 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Hey ladies! Who's trying for an autumn/winter baby! Thought I'd take a minute and post on here to see if anyone is looking for a buddy, someone to lean on and compare symptoms during the long and lonely ttw!

This cycle will be our 7th month ttc our first. Trying not to feel discouraged but I really didn't think it would take this long lol! I used opk's during the second and third months of trying but found them to be a bit stressful so haven't been using them for the past few months. Well I've decided this month to give them a try again and have also picked up some preeseed hoping it helps!

My cycle seems to be pretty regular almost always runs 27/28 days. Today is cycle day 6 for me and I suspect usually ovulate around CD14 so will begin the BD with DH this week! I've been reading through lots of BFP stories in the forums and am feeling hopeful! Besides the preeseed and opk's if anyone has any other tips bring em on! Baby dust to you all! :)
AshleyL0803

Re: Buddies? CD6

Postby NewStory » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:23 am

Hi Ashley! I just started a buddy thread as well Valentine's O day! I think we're in and around the same cycle as mine tend to be a few days longer 31-34 days. I'll happily wait with you this month. We have been TTC #1 for a year and are tentatively looking at fertility investigations/treatment in the next months if no success soon. I'm temping this month, which I find helpful to be certain that I ovulated and using clearblue fertility monitor for the first time.
Have you considered temping to identify your O day and luteal phase length?
Me: 32 DH:34

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

Healthy eating & juicing daily.

Diagnosed stage 2 endometriosis Dec 2016, tubes, uterus etc clear!

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby AshleyL0803 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:09 am

Hey New Story! I hope this month is the lucky one for you! I haven't tried tempting yet, but I did buy a basal thermometer some time ago. Was a little confused on how it works and kept forgetting to take my temp before I got up. I'll look for it and try that too this month! Glad to have a buddy for the tww :) None of my friends want kids or have any so it's hard when no one understands the struggle! I'll check out your thread too!
AshleyL0803

Postby NewStory » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:52 am

Hi thanks Ashley. I never thought it would take this long to conceive as my sister, mum and most of my friends got preggo first or second month TTC or by accident. I don't really know anyone in the same boat so this site has been a good support the last few months.
I'd definitely recommend trying temping to get to see your cycle and using fertility friend -free app which is very clear and has lots of good info. I found it a bit stressful at first because DH and I both work shifts on strange schedules but found that once I take my temp when I wake up first thing/ set an alarm for the sameish time each day it still gives a clear picture of when I ovulate and it becomes like any other habit after a month or two. It does take a bit of effort in the beginning though. I had a CP last year and the Dr I saw afterwards said it was very helpful to see temp charts.
Are you trying anything else? We just bought a clearblue fertility monitor which is quite amusing it beeps and flashes everyday asking you to POAS it's a demanding lil critter. Otherwise I am sticking to healthy eating and exercise and trying to relax the best i can because I'm a worrier and everyone says stress doesn't help. I'm considering doing a yoga class to relax although I don't really enjoy classes and I'm not at all flexible hmmm...
Me: 32 DH:34

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

Healthy eating & juicing daily.

Diagnosed stage 2 endometriosis Dec 2016, tubes, uterus etc clear!

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC Buddy Groups