New here and TTC #1. Be my buddy?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here and TTC #1. Be my buddy?

Postby Emily1989 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:16 pm

So DP and I are on our first cycle of TTC and I definitely think this is not our cycle. I took an EPT at 9dpo and it was BFN and again this morning at 12dpo and same thing. AF is due Sunday and I can just tell she's on her way. I'm so disappointed because I always thought it would be so easy for me to get pregnant. Both DP and I are from big families. Both my older sister and his older brother had "whoopsie babies" for their firsts. My sister got pregnant the first time she had sex with her then-bf now-husband and now they have a 2yo and a 1 week old. My sister went so far as to say, "I don't know how NOT to get pregnant!" Uuuugggghhhhh. So needless to say, I had high hopes for our first try. I quit smoking and quit drinking (which is a tough task when your DP works for one of the best breweries in the country). My sister knows we are TTC and while supportive, she doesn't know what it feels like to want to be pregnant and then be disappointed when you don't conceive. Both her children were unplanned. We are going to try again this next cycle, but if I don't get pregnant, we will up our game with charts and O testing and all the tricks in the book. My best friend is due in September with her 2nd bio baby (she fosters as well) and I want nothing more than to have a little one of my own.

Thanks for reading my semi-rant/whining session. Anyone else feeling this way?
Emily (26)
DP (27)
My nephew arrived 2/19/16. His nephew arrived 2/12/16. We're hoping it's our turn next!
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: New here and TTC #1. Be my buddy?

Postby CRS3408 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Hey! I'm new here too and could use a buddy =) I do already have a son (who is almost 8 and unplanned) so I thought this go around would be no problem. Not the case. Kinda feel the same as you, thinking it wouldn't take much effort ya know. I'm officially on my 2nd month of TTC.....

AFM - I'm currently 9dpo and awaiting af or a missed af tomorrow or the day after. I have short cycles (22/23 days) and not 100% sure of my luteal phase since this is my first month using OPKs. I was trying to just do it the easy way and guessing everything. Well I found out I hate not knowing everything that is going on haha.

This cycle I haven't had any PMS symptoms (which normally I have a lot of them) and noneof my usual spotting the week before af (4 days worth of it). No sore boobs or anything. Today at 9dpo I got a tinge of red/brown rusty looking blood when I wiped and now it's gone. I never know what to think.....

All HPT to this point have been negative.
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emily1989 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:10 am

CRS, any update on the whereabouts of AF?? And welcome, by the way!! This experience is so new for me but I am not surprised that my first response to the struggle of the TWW was to find this forum. Waiting can be so much easier with support from women in your shoes. So I'm happy to obsess over symptoms with you and be your waiting buddy. If we both get our AF's today, (Hopefully not!!!) then we can start CD1 together and try again next month! Keep me posted!!
Emily (26)
DP (27)
My nephew arrived 2/19/16. His nephew arrived 2/12/16. We're hoping it's our turn next!
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby CRS3408 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Emily, yesssss much easier to obsess with someone else lol How are things looking for you today?

Well I thought for sure af was here today. Wipe full of red blood and some clotting. Put in a tampon and off to work I went assuming this month was over. Buttttttttt......I used the restroom and my goodness it was sooo dry. Uncomfortable coming out. There was almost nothing on it. I felt like wet all day so I assumed it was ready to go ya know. This is all tmi I'm aware lol but there was nothing. I thought it was weird I didn't get full blown cramps this morning either. Idk what to think other than my body hates me and clearly nothing is "normal" in my cycle hahaha
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emily1989 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:28 pm

You're still in the running, CRS!! Sounds like some light spotting to me. Have you tested again?

AFM, I am still waiting on AF today. Thought for sure she was here because DP and I rode our bikes and when I hopped off the bike I felt like it had started. Got home a couple hours later and not a spot of blood down there. I'm so confused! But I swear I will not test again until AF is at least a week late. I can't handle the stress of the BFN.

Also, no such thing as TMI here, darlin. We are all experiencing it.
Emily (26)
DP (27)
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby CRS3408 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Yay!! So you're only a day late right? And no spotting sounds awesome. I would rather be in your shoes lol When was the last time you tested?? I wanna go on a bike ride. We have snow lol

AFM, I haven't texted since I had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday. I had read that you won't get a bfp until after implantation so if that spotting at 9dpo was that then maybe tomorrow??? I really wanna test today tho. Just cuz I'm curious and super impatient!!
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby CRS3408 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:32 pm

I tested......bfn. Expected. Ugh.
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emily1989 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:54 pm

I don't blame you. I can't help it either. I was due for AF today and it's nearly 7pm and AF is still not here. Also feeling much friskier than I usually do on day one of AF. Usually if DP and I dtd the day AF is due it spurs it to start right away and that was not the case today. I am holding out hope for a BFP is a couple days if AF still doesn't show. I checked my cycle tracker a few weeks ago though and even though my usual cycle is 23/24 days, this time last year I had my one and only 27 day cycle. I really hope that's not what is happening again and that this is just me missing AF because of a sticky bean. Keep me updated on your symptoms and tests, CRS. I have hope for us both!!
Emily (26)
DP (27)
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby CRS3408 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:15 pm

I'm sooooo excited for you!! Glad the witch hasn't shown up! It all sounds so promising. I didn't realize uou have crazy short cycles too! Today was CD 22 and I was due for af. Do you have a short LP? I'm still trying to figure out how long mine is. If af showed today it would have only been 9 days and I've read that's a problem.

That would be crazy if you have a 27 day cycle just like last year. Fingers crossed that's not the case and you've got yourself a sticky one!!

Still only a bit of red when I wipe but nothing coming out on its own. Good sign I guess. I feel like full blown af will show in the am....
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emily1989 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Fx for you AF won't show!!! How cool would it be if we both got our BFPs this week?? Lots of baby dust your way!! Let me know how you're feeling tomorrow!!
Emily (26)
DP (27)
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby CRS3408 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:30 am

I know that just be sooo awesome for us both!! Any news today? Have you tested??

I am completely dry and zero spotting =)
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emily1989 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:57 am

Still no AF!! I am trying to hold off on testing until at least Wednesday if AF is still not here. If she is still not here by Wednesday then I officially "missed" her rather than being "late." My periods are usually 3-4 days tops. DP is getting more and more excited each hour that passes without AF!

Fx for you!!! Dry and no spotting is good!! When are you going to test again? How many dpo are you now?
Emily (26)
DP (27)
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emily1989 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Still no AF, couldn't help it, took a HPT and still BFN! Uurrgghh this is frustrating!
Emily (26)
DP (27)
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby CRS3408 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Fx for you!!! No sign of af is awesome!!!

I took a test this afternoon after work and I swear I saw an immediate faint line and then it slowly faded away. This was only about an hours worth of pee tho so I'm trying to hold it for 4 and check again. Ugh I just wish I knew!!

Keep me posted and I'll do the same!! Fx!!!!
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby CRS3408 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:32 pm

I'm currently 11 dpo and yesterday was my expected af.
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups