Looking for a cycle buddy...

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looking for a cycle buddy...

Postby mnt20 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Hello!

I just had my 21 day progesterone test it was a 30! much better then my 13 and 14 from my last two medicated cycles! I've had cravings and mood swings, but don't want to get my hopes up because of my chemical pregnancy and miscarriage within the last 8 months. Just looking for someone to bounce things off of and be a positive person for someone whose on the same track as me.

I can test on Sunday i go in for bloodwork on Monday the 14th
mnt20

Re: Looking for a cycle buddy...

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:44 am

Hey Mnt!
I am currently on CD 20. I go in tomorrow to have my progesterone checked. They don't really tell me the numbers, just whether or not to take a prescription. I am 6dpIUI and hoping for implantation (fingers crossed!). I have been testing everyday because I took the trigger shot. Did you do IUI or TI? I took Menopur and then trigger.
I am 33, DH is 25, Trying for baby #1
Ovulatory Issues
Started trying October 2012
HSG showed blocked tube, Early 2013
Laparoscopy September 2013, tube corrected, scar tissue and fibroid removed-tubes were "handcuffed" away from ovaries.
Didn't respond to clomid
Late 2013 moved on to injectable medications
IUI in May 2015, BFN
IUI March 3, 2016....STILL HOPEFUL!!!

HTTP://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WANNABEMOMMIE2013
http://www.gofundme.com/OurDreamIVF

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:47 am

Oh, also I have started a youtube channel to document/share my journey.

https://www.youtube.com/WANNABEMOMMIE2013
Ovulatory Issues
Laparoscopy September 2013, tube corrected, scar tissue and fibroid removed-tubes were "handcuffed" away from ovaries.
Didn't respond to clomid
IUI in May 2015, BFN

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mnt20 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:33 am

Hi!

I do TI, i have been testing sporadically with tests throughout the week and today i took a dollar store test and it looks like my trigger is finally out of my system. It'll be two weeks on sunday from when i took my trigger shot so techincally i probly could verify it as early as Friday but my bloodwork is on monday.

I'll have to check out your youtube channel! I hope your progesterone is good! They have me take it regardless due to my two losses. So fingers crossed for the both of us!
mnt20

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 am

I started out with TI but moved on to IUI. I just had my 2nd one! I'm hoping it took because I had about 10 mature follicles! Crazy, i know! If it didnt take this time, what the hell??! What fertility meds are you on, if any?
Ovulatory Issues
Didn't respond to clomid
IUI in May 2015, BFN

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mnt20 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:51 am

I take clomid 50 mg and ovidrel, this was my third round the first time i got pregnant and had a chemical the second time it didn't take and this time i had 2 follicles on day 13 that were 17 and 16 and then i triggered on the 28th. If it doesn't take i'm in the same boat wth i dtd since day 8 every other day lmao and then once on trigger day and once before trigger day lol

What made you move to the IUI?
mnt20

Postby mnt20 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:53 am

And 10 mature follicles dear lord lol what medicine are you on
mnt20

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:59 am

If it doesnt take this time I would be expecting your doc to up your dose to clomid 100mg. Thats usually how it goes. Once i got up to 150 or 200mg (cant remember) it started affecting my vision pretty hard and I had to move on to injectables. I take Menopur (HMG) and HCG trigger. When we first went to the RE he recommended IUI but their clinic doesn't do IUI's for non married ppl. We took a break due to not being able to afford meds for a few months (plus paying for a wedding) and came back and was like, "oh yea, we can do IUI now." That was my deciding factor LOL, just that we could. I wanted a better chance. Plus I worry about having hostile CM. I had a bad Post Coital test (it showed no sperm whatsoever) and also my cervix was originally too tiny to let sperm pass. The doctor dilated it (which makes opening larger) but it can go back to being small and rigid. Its called cervical stenosis.

With all that BDing you better be! Fingers crossed for us both!! xoxo
Ovulatory Issues
Didn't respond to clomid
IUI in May 2015, BFN

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:00 pm

I better add that their IUI rules are not based on personal beliefs, but more so on clinics getting sued because the "sperm donor" didnt sign permission. I was pretty pissed and upset when I first learned about the rule. I was so upset and almost lied and said i was married.
Ovulatory Issues
Didn't respond to clomid
IUI in May 2015, BFN

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mnt20 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:06 pm

That is crazy Do you mind me asking how much your medication costs you each month im nervous about going to a new medication because i know my insurance doesn't cover this stuff. And aren't you worried about having multiples with that many mature eggs? I'd be so scared to have like 6 kids
mnt20

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:14 pm

I am worried, yes. But honestly, after all this time, I really doubt my ability to get pregnant. I dont think i would have more than 3. Even one baby is worrying. Its fine and dandy to try really hard for a baby when you feel like there is no hope in it actually happening. Its another to finally see that it could happen and be freaked the hell out! Its tough to be a mom and a very scary thing! So yea, im scared to have one! If i was to buy my medication here in the United States it would cost me about $2500 a month. There are discount programs and things, but at that price-i dont think you could discount that enough. I normally buy my meds from IVFmeds.com, it is a European pharmacy in England. I get it there for almost $800 a cycle. Keep in mind that I do not do continuous cycles. Cause well um, $800??! Hard to come by an extra $800 when my husband works in fast food and we live paycheck to paycheck. Luckily i have a pretty good job, not $800 a month good. Maybe $800 twice a year if that! This last time i got wise and found a website where ppl advertise their unused meds after pregnancy. Instead of the United States $40 per vial, and IVFmeds $23 per vial, i got ahold of someone with expired meds and was able to get them for $11 a vial from her! I bargained and emailed like millions of ppl over a week period to get that deal! Very few lucky ppl have insurance coverage on injectables. dont think about any of this though and get upset because you did get prego on the clomid. thats a very good sign!! i didnt really respond to clomid at all.
Ovulatory Issues
Didn't respond to clomid
IUI in May 2015, BFN

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Oops typo. In US it is $80 per vial.
Ovulatory Issues
Didn't respond to clomid
IUI in May 2015, BFN

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mnt20 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Well im having fingers crossed for you! and hope we both get positives this month i'll prob be peeing on dollar store sticks until friday when i'll venture out and by a digital or first response lol. Keep me updated on everything, Im putting good vibes out there for you and lots of babies this time around!!!
mnt20

Postby Trinette » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Thanks lady!! Good luck to us both!!
Ovulatory Issues
Didn't respond to clomid
IUI in May 2015, BFN

<3
Trinette
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mnt20 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:10 am

10 dpo and i took a test and its negative, im not feeling too confident, but today i have back pain... so hopefully if i test on saturday it will show up
mnt20

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups