2+ years ttc, awaiting IVF but ever hopeful

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2+ years ttc, awaiting IVF but ever hopeful

Postby Chickichinowa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:57 am

Big hello, luck and hugs to all hopeful mums to be!

After scoping this site intermittently for the last 2 years of my ttc journey, this is my first post as would like to share this journey and support with other hopeful mums.
I'm a 33 year old woman, my husband has 1 child from a previous relationship who we have shared custody of but would dearly love children of our own to complete our family.
Last year I was diagnosed with 1 unexplained blocked tube but all other tests appear healthy and normal.
Since ttc I have quit smoking, (2 years ago), limited my alcohol intake and am currently having one of my dry months. I eat a generally healthy diet and am a healthy weight. I have taken cassanovum herbs, pre conception vitamins, used preseed, and more recently tried soft cups. We are on the ivf wait list and should hear from the clinic in the next 2 months.
My periods are around 27-28 day cycle, some have become unbearably painful which lead me to suspect I may have endometriosis but am yet to have a laparoscopy to evidence this thought.

On previous months I have had some pre-af spotting but I am currently 11 days po and have had none yet. Could anyone tell me if this is a good sign please?

I have the usual sore, swollen breasts, had dizzy spells and cramping yesterday which seem to have dissapated today. I had had high temp, fatigue and extreme hunger pangs also, but as we all know, we can symptom spot until we are crazy each month so I guess that only time will tell.

Anyway, as I have found reading your posts, success stories and similar experiences extremely comforting I felt compelled to finally share my own in the hope that I may make some ttc buddies to share the journey with and offer my support to others.
Big hugs and baby dust to all! Xx
Chickichinowa
Friend

Re: 2+ years ttc, awaiting IVF but ever hopeful

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:21 am

Welcome and good luck!!Fx AF won't show up for you !Immalso waiting to get ivf this summer after 3ywars of heart ache
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amaura » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:18 am

Welcome Chicki! This is a good group of (mostly) gals on here and very supportive. Those signs sound good and hopefully you will get your Bfp ah natural :). I am the same age as you! My DH and I are almost through our second year trying and dealing with secondary infertility (we have a nearly 7-year-old). No ivf plans in our future at the moment.
Me - 34
Husband - 34
Son - 7 (a happy accident)
TTC #2 since April 2014

July 2015: HSG Scan shows tubes open and clear!
9/14/15: BFP - Ectopic :angel: (9/29/15: Laparoscopic surgery - saved right tube; HSG kept rising and received doses of methotrexate on 10/6 and again 10/14.)
June 2016: Repeat HSG - tubes are open and clear!
8/15/16: BFP, betas 15, 44, 176, 662, 66@6w :angel:

My Ovulation Chart
amaura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chickichinowa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:40 am

Hi Danaa, thank you for your kind reply and wishes! I'm sorry that you have had such a heartbreaking 3 years on this ride of uncertainty! I have everything crossed for your every success with IVF hun... here's hoping that you get your sticky bean before then though! It's a hard old process but good to know we're not alone. Maybe this time next year we'll be posting our own wee babby pics. :-)... forgive my old school smiley face btw, I haven't quite worked out how to do the proper emoticons on here yet! Tehe. Xx
Chickichinowa
Friend

Postby Chickichinowa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:49 am

Hi Amoura, big thanks for your lovely reply. I can see and feel the support already and while reading other people's experiences has been helpful, I already feel warm and fuzzy for having had replies from women who truly get it all. Thank you too for your well wishes and positivity. I'm sorry you're going through this awful waiting game too but you seem like a positive person whom I'm sure all good things will come to. It's lovely you have an older child who will play the big protective sibling to your prospective new little one when s/he comes along and will be able to teach him/her so much. Sending you baby dust, wishes and thanks for your response. We'll get there girlies...With faith, hope, patience and of course support. :-) xx
Chickichinowa
Friend

Postby amaura » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:32 am

Thank you, Chickie! :) I'm glad you're feeling the support here already! And yes, a lot of us can relate!! My son wants a little sib so badly. I can't wait until the day I can tell him that one is coming.
Are you by chance from Scotland? I just ask because of your use of the word "wee" and "mum" ;).
Me - 34
Husband - 34
TTC #2 since April 2014

9/14/15: BFP - Ectopic :angel: (9/29/15: Laparoscopic surgery - saved right tube; HSG kept rising and received doses of methotrexate on 10/6 and again 10/14.)

My Ovulation Chart
amaura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chickichinowa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:20 am

Hi Amaura, apologies for the previous misspelling of your name!

I bet your son is keen for a "wee babby" sib. I'm sure his reaction will be priceless on the day you're able to tell him one is coming. :-).

Nice observation on the Scottish wording hun... I'm actually Welsh, but in life I have a tendency of randomly talking in a variety of accents and quoting things from films - admittedly for my own childish amusement - this clearly also comes through when I write and I hadn't actually realised! Tehe.

As you have a little one you may have seen the Disney film "Brave"? The Scottish King in that refers to his sons as "wee naked babbies" so yep, uh, that's where that came from! Haha. Are you Scottish then? :-)

Are you also in the tww at present Amaura? I'm day 12 po, just did a test - bfn - guess we're prepared for those though ey! :-/. Hoping it's too early to tell yet. How're you doing with it?
Chickichinowa
Friend

Postby amaura » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:12 am

Haha I can totally relate. I love the use of "wee"!

I'm American here (technically Scottish, Irish, and English heritage) but my family recently took a trip abroad. We were able to meet up there with a friend of ours who currently lives in Edinburgh with her daughter. We also met her lovely Scottish boyfriend. He introduced us to the world of rugby when we watched a game at an historic Scottish pub in Paris. It actually happened to be Scottish vs Welsh teams and the pub was filled with Welsh fans! As one would expect, the Scottish floundered in the second half and it was a Welsh victory. What a fun night!

I'm gearing up to o so not much going on. Sorry about the Bfn. I definitely understand that.
Me - 34
Husband - 34
TTC #2 since April 2014

My Ovulation Chart
amaura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chickichinowa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 am

Sounds as though you had a great trip, I haven't been to Paris for so long! A rugby night always has a good atmosphere but boy do you have to fight to get to the bar! Tehe. How did you get on with the Scottish accent? It can be quite the challenge... as can the Welsh one depending on which part of the country the accent is from.

No worries on the bfn, still a few days before I'm out for the month. I have a night out planned on the day af is supposed to come... If she does I'd rather like a glass of wine or two having abstained all month but wonder whether I should try not drinking at all while ttc... what's your position on the topic?
Chickichinowa
Friend

Postby amaura » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:15 am

I'm of the drink until it's pink variety! I think that's a great idea for AF. I enjoy splurging on a bottle of wine to enjoy when she shows. Usually watch some bad TV along with ;). Helps with the disappointment. And yes, it is still early!

I'll admit, it was a "wee" challenge to understand him at times :rofl: . Definitely had to ask him to repeat himself often. He was a good sport about it.
Me - 34
Husband - 34
TTC #2 since April 2014

My Ovulation Chart
amaura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amaura » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:18 am

Oh and you are right indeed about the fight to get into the pub!! We had two kiddos with us at the time and swooped into the pub at a break between matches. We were able to negotiate some table space because of the kiddos and it worked out well!
Me - 34
Husband - 34
TTC #2 since April 2014

My Ovulation Chart
amaura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Buddy Groups