Hoping for a Merry Birthday Baby!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Hoping for a Merry Birthday Baby!

Postby SparkleAndFade » Wed May 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi all -

Thanks for the positive thoughts and kind words. I'm doing a bit better, just taking it day by day. I see my OB for the first time a week from today and I plan to ask to be referred to a high risk doctor to be evaluated and come up with a plan of taking the best care of myself as I can.

Chorse - a little girl!! SO fantastic. With my first pg I thought I wanted a boy too, but getting a little girl has been the greatest joy. Was that a standard test that you got, or a specialized one? I would like the ability to test for everything as well, but I know some insurances will not cover extensive testing if they feel you're not at risk.

Baby - I'm so sorry. It's good you found out now though and I wish you luck finding a RE who really works with you.

Danaa and Emily - hi! How are you guys feeling? This whole process is SO draining, huh?

Nicky - thanks for the reassurance. Love hearing stories about those who went through pre-e once without a reoccurrence.

Anyone else I missed - hello! I hope everyone is doing well.
Me (32)
DH (32)
Married September 2015
DD (6)
TTC baby #2 for me and #1 for him :)
Cycle #5
4-20-16 :bfp:

My Ovulation Chart
SparkleAndFade
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby chorse37 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:31 am

Sparkle, the test I got was the Verifi test by Progenity. It tests for 5 trisomies, 4 sex chromosome abnormalities, and 5 microdeletions. You can Google it for more info. My high risk OB has a deal worked out with them that out of pocket does not exceed $100, but from what I've seen on other boards they generally work it out for non-insurance cases to be $250. I don't know about any other providers for the same type of test. The insurance rules are pretty murky but it should be covered if it is "medically indicated" and the doc checked the box that it was for me because of multiple miscarriages. The other acceptable reasons are a history of chromosome problems or "advanced" maternal age. The doc said that even if you check the right boxes the insurance still sometimes finds a reason to deny it. Mine is still pending so we'll see. If the insurance does go through, my copay should be $30, and if it doesn't, $100. For me it's totally worth the cost either way.

I had my 12 week ultrasound yesterday and all good news! Lil bub was swimming all over the place and made it hard for the tech to get good measurements. It was bizarre to see her wiggling that much and not being able to feel it. DH actually took off work to come with me this time because I promised she would look like a human instead of a jellybean like the last few. We were not disappointed! I copied the best printout I got (which was definitely not the best picture we saw during the scan - I'm pretty sad about that) and put them in mother's day cards for my mom and MIL. That's how we plan on telling them! The cards are in the mail so there's no taking it back now! I'm pretty anxious but also excited. I'm expecting a couple of tearful phone calls this weekend. :)

How is EOE? This thread has been pretty quiet for the last few weeks. Have you all migrated to other threads? Is everyone doing ok?
Me/DH: 29/30, together since 2006, TTC #2
Irregular dRVVT clotting results, irregular HSG results, no diagnoses
:angel: :angel: :angel:
Rainbow arrived 10/24/16 at 37 weeks, small but perfect!
My Ovulation Chart
chorse37
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nickysy » Thu May 05, 2016 11:31 am

Hello everyone..

Sparkle: So glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your pregnancy. You have been waiting for this. And we are all here in case you need to talk.

Chorse: me still here. But looks like everyone is a lil busy. Yay for mother day cards. Thats awesome! I am waiting to hear about those teary calls.

EOE, hello. Hoping you are all doing good
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed May 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Booooooo anyone still here?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Wed May 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Danaa, me!
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed May 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Nickysy wrote:Danaa, me!

I hope everyone is doing well.How are you?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SparkleAndFade » Mon May 16, 2016 4:35 pm

I'm here! How is everyone?
Me (32)
DH (32)
Married September 2015
DD (6)
TTC baby #2 for me and #1 for him :)
Cycle #5
4-20-16 :bfp:

My Ovulation Chart
SparkleAndFade
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 am

I'm here and I'm doing good,how about you?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chorse37 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:43 am

I'm still here too! I got an intern for the summer at work and last week was her first week so I've been crazy busy planning for and training her.

I sent out the Mother's Day cards with my 12 week ultrasounds and they arrived on time! My mom lives with my brother and SIL and my SIL was in on the whole thing so she even managed to get my mom opening the card on video. That was pretty fun to watch. It turned out that my SIL's sister (my sister in law in law? lol) is also pregnant and a couple of weeks farther along and announced at that same time. I didn't get to watch my MIL open her card but she said the whole neighborhood probably heard about it. My FIL was working in the yard and she said she went running and yelling out to him when she opened it. :) Overall, I feel more connected with my MIL about it than my mom. My mom just wanted to lecture me about what I should and shouldn't be doing to get ready and I know she's excited and cares but it was getting on my nerves. She seemed more concerned about how much it would cost to come visit while I'm pregnant than she seemed when I told her about my miscarriages. I also didn't like that her main reason for visiting was to "see my big, fat belly" rather than to celebrate this new life and all the changes it brings. My MIL seems a lot more excited and texts me all the time to see how things are going and is happy just to hear about it and be involved. I've only talked to my mom once since Mother's Day. I'm a little bummed that I'm not feeling like bonding with my mom about it but our relationship has never been really close so I'm not that surprised. Maybe it will change and I want to be open to letting it change but deep-rooted feelings are difficult to budge. She has always been self centered and gave me body image issues as a kid and I feel like I've worked through and accepted much of it as an adult but she still makes me feel icky sometimes.

I also sent out announcement cards to my close friends and family that have been arriving over the last several days. It's a relief to spread the news but it's also making me more anxious that something will go wrong. I had a mini panic attack over the weekend because my 1st trimester symptoms are subsiding but I'm still not showing at all and I got myself all worked up that the baby had died or wasn't even there in the first place. Yeah, crazy much? I had my first appointment with my new low risk OB yesterday and I wasn't expecting an ultrasound but she gave me one! It made me feel so much better to see lil bub in there, happy as could be, totally oblivious to my anxiety. Unfortunately, I also was due for a pap smear and that has been making me bleed lightly for the last 12 hours, which is terrifying. I knew it could happen so I know it isn't a sign of a problem, but it's still unnerving.

Enough about me!

Nicky, looks like you're halfway into the TWW! About 9DPO? Do you feel good about this cycle?

And Danaa, you're 8DPO? How do you feel? How is everything going preparing for IVF? Do you know when that will happen yet?

Sparkle, are you around 7.5 weeks now? Did I count that right? How do you feel, mama? Lots of symptoms? Are your spirits up? An ultrasound on the books yet??

Anyone else still lingering?

I miss you guys!
My Ovulation Chart
chorse37
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue May 17, 2016 8:07 am

Chorse happy to hear from you and I'm sorry about ur mother but im happy u have a good relationship with ur MIL.Enjoy ur smooth pregnancy lady,as long as you don't have any bleeding or cramping don't worry.
7-8dpo and im doing ok,I have zero symptoms,until yesterday my breasts were hurting crazy and today not even a bit,I started testing since yesterday:))I know crazy woman here,all bfn ofc but that is ok I don't mind.Ivf well not sure yet Bcs my DH refused to make an apoiment just yet,he wants to wait a bit longer,so yeah:( I'm upset about that,besides that I have a nasty cold but happily im feeling better today and hopefully it will be over soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chorse37 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:22 am

Danaa I'm sorry your DH isn't ready to take the next steps with IVF but maybe you won't need it! FXing for you to get two lines in the next few days! Sore boobs can be a great sign, but I know you've seen it all before. I'm glad you're feeling better.
My Ovulation Chart
chorse37
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue May 17, 2016 8:33 am

Nah chorse I don't think a natural pregnancy is possible for me,is been to long to even hope.Im just waiting for AF and hoping DH changes his mind by the end of this month.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Sun May 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Hello..

Chorse: Good to hear from you. Enjoy your pregnancy. Glad you have a good binding with your MIL. As far as i am concerned, we could not even try this month. I was out of town for work during our fertile week sadly. But its ok. We just got back from a vacation. And it was awesome.

Danaa: Sry to hear DH isn't on the same page as you. I hope he changes his mind soon.

EOE, hello. Hoping you are doing good.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emily1989 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA lately. I have upped our TTC game and am now temping and using OPKs. My temps are crazy all over the place though and OPKs are still negative so really not sure what my body thinks it's doing. Just really hoping it results in my BFP this cycle. We move houses in 1 week so hopefully I get my BFP our first week in our new house. :) hope everyone is well. Baby dust!
Emily (26)
DP (27)
My nephew arrived 2/19/16. His nephew arrived 2/12/16. We're hoping it's our turn next!
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups