TTC/Pregnant after IUD part 5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant after IUD part 5

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:46 am

Hi!

Oh, Ckatta, that sounds like something you can definitely do! There's still plenty of opportunity to get knocked up!!! :)

Yes, making my baby cry is on the very top of my list of what people shouldn't do! He still pukes up a lot, but his tummy hasn't seemed upset these couple of days. So it's not like the reflexologist had anything to do with it. ;)

I wonder how the preggo ladies are doing, too! I hope everything's fine!

Have a great day!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:27 am

Oh, wow! My baby is two months old today!

We slept in, and I was having breakfast at lunchtime, LOL!

I hope you're having a great day! CD3 scan/bloodwork today?
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:04 am

Hi Wakasa :)

So my nurse today set up a consult with my RE, she said chances after the 3rd iui go down dramatically and that we needed to consider ivf, said she didn't think he'd do too many more iui's... I told her we couldn't do Ivf so she suggested we sit down and talk to him about what he wants to do after this cycle..

2 months!!! I can't believe it, it's going so fast!! Before you know it he will be crawling and passing huge milestones!!

Are you ready for Saturday??
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:47 am

Hi, Ckatta!

How come the chances all of a sudden go down??? What's up with that? Do you think you could still do the meds and monitoring and then try BDing when the time is right?

I know, right! He'll be such a big boy in no time!

No, not quite ready yet, I still have a few things to do, including getting the priest a bottle of champagne as a thank you. I just feel like I can't go and get it myself because all the people will look at me funny since I'll have the baby with me...

Have a great day!
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:38 am

Morning!!

Idk but I'm super confused with the conflicting info from the nurses, I'll just have to wait to talk to him and see what he says. I'm super nervous that our only option is going to be Ivf. That forces us to walk away. She kept explaining that Ivf itself is only 6,000.00 for 1 try, but said medications, egg retrieval, u/s are what drive the price up to be really high. If the insurance doesn't cover Ivf it typically doesn't cover Ivf related meds, u/s, or procedures. I just don't have 15,000.00 and really don't want to make payments on it. That'll stretch our budget.

Do you do the christening right in your home?? Maybe you can go grab it after dh gets home? Do you invite guests over to watch this then have a party after? This is really super exciting!! And you get to announce his name, this really is a big day for you guys!!! Tomorrow will be here before you know it!!!

Have a great day!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:09 am

Hi!

When do you see your RE again? It's a lot of money! I don't think we'd be able/willing to spend that much, either. I hope you'll get a straight answer soon!!!

Yes, we're having the christening party at home. We could do it at a church or something but we're only inviting a few people so we decided to do it here. And then DH wanted to add a few people, so now there will be 13 adults including us and 4 children, my nephew being the oldest. It's going to be a tight fit but it should be sunny tomorrow so people can use the terrace/balcony, too. It's like another room and is weather proof (glass all around).

I suggested to DH that I'd do the final shop run on my own, and his response was "what if the baby starts crying and wants food?". So, it's his go-to response these days. :( I promised that I could pump some milk just in case, but he still seems hesitant. It doesn't help that the baby started crying when he saw DH after he came home (brought the cake), he's done that a couple of times when he's just woken up and seen DH and not me. (We're getting a momma's boy, I can tell..)

I need to think of a way to fix this. Any ideas?

Have a great day! It's been rainy and gray here all day...
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:15 am

Morning!!

Enjoy today!!!!!! I'll be thinking of you guys although with the time difference you're probably already done :) your balcony sounds like the perfect place to watch a thunderstorm without getting wet!! That is quite a few people, I hope everything went smooth!!

I love my mommas boy to be totally honest hehe but the only way to break it is for dh to spend more time comforting him and being the care taker when he's around and can. That way he gets used to him too. I'm doing this with my son too bc dh has had enough of him running to me all the time, he wants to be the one he leans on.

I hope everything went well and you guys had a great day/party!!! Did everyone love his name??

I consult with my RE in early August , the 8th I think. But unt then I'll see nurses for this iui cycle.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi!

It's 4 a.m. and I'm wide awake...

Everyone seems to love his name, which is a shorter version from Samuel, we can call him Sam, since it's the closest thing in English for it. ;) The christening and party went well, there was enough room for everyone and plenty of food, the cake was amazing and the flowers were spot on. My mom and sister helped out a lot with setting up everything, and they also are crazy about Sam, so I actually didn't spend all that much time taking care of him. Maybe changed one diaper in the early morning after him eating... :) He was mostly all smiles, didn't really cry until he was tired and I was able to get him to sleep.

So, a very successful day, I'd say.

August 8, huh? That's a long time of being left in the dark about what's next if there's any need for anything after this cycle. Though there won't be need for anything, right? ;)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:08 am

I love his name!!! I'm glad to hear everything went perfectly flawless!!! I'm sure Sam was passed around and loved on all day by all your family and friends!! It sounds like the day was perfect! :) you can't ask for a better day it sounds like!!

I go tomorrow for bloodwork to check my estradiol. It is a long wait to get to see him, it always is. We will just go with the flow, not much else we can do at this point. I know our hands are tied and so are his as far as options and where to go from here.

We got our pool up this weekend so it's been an extremely busy and expensive weekend!! My kids are in love with it already, the water is still really cold so they don't stay in they just frequently jump in and back out :)

Enjoy your Sunday!! :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:12 am

Don't mind the mess, it's still dug up around it :) lots of work to do still to get it filled in around it .

Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:09 am

Wow, that is an awesome pool!!! I'd like to have one, too! How did you get thatmuch water? Did you call the fire department in or something? ;)

His English name would be Samuel Arthur Augustus, to give you some reference. We call him by the first name (Samu), and the other names are names that run in our families.

I'm pretty wiped out, and also missing my mom, sister and nephew.

Have a great Sunday!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:46 am

We had a water delivery company with a huge water tanker come and fill it up for us! That was so expensive.. My kids are non stop in the pool even though the water is still cold lol they don't care.

I love his name. Im sure it's easier now for you guys too not having to worry about slipping and saying his name to someone, I would be really bad at that I'd end up telling everyone haha I couldn't hold it in

How far away from your mom and sister do you live?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:34 am

Hi!

I'm not sure if we have water delivery companies here in Finland, LOL! I'm so excited for your kids, a pool is a luxury!

DH actually blurted out the name on Saturday morning, but my mom acted like she didn't hear it... :D

I live about 5 hours away. It's quite far, but the distance was a lot bigger when I was working up north about 10 years ago. I get to see them again in late August / early September when Samu and I will go visit for a week or so.

Have a great day!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:30 am

Morning!!!

It was super expensive for water, insane actually!! My kids keep splashing out and using water guns I keep telling them not to splash out of the pool the water was too expensive hehe :)

Do your mom/sister live in the same area as each other?? We keep debating moving away but being from family is so hard especially when we have lived no more than 30 minutes from each other our whole lives. It would be hard so I can understand where you're coming from but so glad you've already got a planned trip to go see them!! Did they get to see your new house while they were in town visiting?

I havd to go get my blood work done by 9 am this morning so I'm getting ready to wake up the kiddos go get that done then dental cleanings for the kids today.

Have a great Monday!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:55 am

Hi!

I can very well believe it was expensive! How do you keep it clean?

I hope your bloodwork comes out as it should be. What cd are you now?

My mom and sister live pretty close together now that my sister moved "back home" last summer, it's only about 25-35 minutes from one place to another. It would be nice to live closer to home but it is what it is. We moved here because of our jobs.

The baby's going through one of those phases when all he seems to be doing is eating... I finally got out of the apartment for a short walk in the afternoon, and decided to celebrate with an ice cream cone. I also splurged and bought some fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries from the vendor outside the supermarket. Now I'm waiting for DH to get home (it's 5 p.m.) so I can do something with the berries. :) I feel like baking something chocolate-y and adding some berries on top.

Have a great start to the week, even with blood being drawn and teeth being cleaned! ;)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups