Trying to conceive #1 for 11 months and getting discouraged

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying to conceive #1 for 11 months and getting discouraged

Postby meaganrbarber » Tue May 17, 2016 11:11 am

Hi ladies!

I'm hoping you could help. I have been trying to conceive now for 11 months and am on my 3rd/last round of clomid this cycle and repeating taking baby aspirin everyday and vaginal progesterone starting the 3rd day after ovulation. All my day 3 tests were good and my Hubby is normal as well. I go for an ultrasound on 5/19 to check my follicles. I've had 2 chemical pregnancies and am so confused in this process. Im 27 and my hubby is 33. My hubby has one child(10) from a previous relationship. It's been a lot of heartbreak. I am hoping to find someone with a similar journey that has had success. Im trying not to get discouraged, but it's so hard thinking that I'm having issues and this is my first child.

Thanks!
meaganrbarber
Friend

Re: Trying to conceive #1 for 11 months and getting discoura

Postby Malle561 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:47 am

Hi,

I know this was posted a while ago but I have recurrent chemicals too. It's heartbreaking and nobody knows what's wrong with me. I've had 3 in 14 months plus an ectopic (only time I saw normal HCGs). Makes me feel this is a uterus implantation issue. HVe you had any success yet?
Malle561

Postby meaganrbarber » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi Malle561!

Never too late! I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how difficult it is! I am 28 and no one else in my family has infertility, it's quite the opposite actually.

I haven't had any success. I did my HSG in July(?) it turned out great! No blockages. Went to an RE and they diagnosed me with PCOS, which I never knew I had. I started IUI in August and it failed. I started my cycle 2 days early in September. I am now on my second cycle of IUI. I went in for day 12 testing and had one large cyst left over from last cycle and a lot of other smaller follicles. Then on cd 14 I those follicles had only gotten to 11 and 12 mm. RE wants them to be at 20 mm. That was yesterday. I have been on medicated cycles with Femara and a trigger shot of Ovidrel. Since I have barely had an follicle growth they put me on 3 more days of 7.5 mg of femara instead of my usual 5 mg to see if I would respond for IUI. Regardless I have an IVF consult on October 5th. Still feeling discouraged, but it will happen with IVF hopefully.

Are you still with an OB or RE? Do you know if you have any diagnosis? I have irregular periods, 28-40 days. I also have heavy bleeding and cysts. Unfortunately Clomid never worked for me. Please don't give up. This is my 15th month and it's hard, but I know it will work out one way or another.
meaganrbarber
Friend

Postby Jwifey2016 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 am

Hey, Meags where are you in your cycle, now? How are you doing? I just wanted to say that this is my 18th cycle TTC #1. Hubby also has children from a previous marriage. This whole journey went from exciting to stressful to downright depressing so I understand what you're going though. Like you, hubby is fine so I'm pretty much attributing any issues to myself. I just feel like the whole process has become so pharmaceutical. Why can't I just make love to my husband and have a baby, ya know?! I felt like a human science project for a while but I'm taking a much more relaxed route now. Going th TCM way. I don't know much about you but were you diagnosed with annovulation and that's why you're on clomid? I mean, are you sure you need all the stuff you're trying/taking? Just trying to get a little backstory on you.

P.S. I'm 28 and hubby is 42.

Baby dust to you!
Jwifey2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Trumom16 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:52 pm

Hello all,
I'm sorry to hear about all the losses.
@jwifey2016, I totally agree wid u about feeling a project. I used to sometimes feel my doctors n nurses don understand wat I'm going through.
Mine is a very long story, n here it goes,
I have been trying since more than 2 yrs now. Had 2 miscarriages 2 yrs back, don like to discuss much about that. Since we dint get any results for 2 yrs, my husband forced my doctor to do more tests coz he couldn't see me upset n crying all the time. We asked him that we'll go for a test called HSG, the reports said that the tubes are open but they found some mass in the uterus. The doctors said that it might b either a fibroid or a polyp. My doctor did a hysteroscopy to remove it, he said even if it were a fibroid they wold removed it coz it was very small sized in the ultrasound. It was a polyp, n there wer 3, 1 big n 2 small. This was also one of the reason I could not get pregnant. When they did the hysteroscopy they took a small amount of my uterus mass n sent for autopy, where they found out I had endometriosis with atypia, and also that my uterus walls are filled with very less progesterone which was making it hard for the eggs to get implanted. I have been prescribed progesterone harmone tablets for 3 months, after which I'll be having a dnc and after that we are free to try again. I jus hope the dnc autopsy report says my prob is solved. Seriously I had started to feel like ders some problem wid my egg, I had all sorts of nonsense doubts that wat if I'll be put in an unidentified fertility group.
It's a big long chain of reaction as to how they found out what was actually happening inside me. I don care about what happen n abt the dnc, for now I'm jus concentrating on getting pregnant immediately after my dnc recovery.
Lots n lots of baby dust to all of us.
Trumom16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Buddy Groups