Cycle buddy? Ttc for Feb Babies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycle buddy? Ttc for Feb Babies!

Postby Crumpet » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:14 am

Fabel -- I'm glad you're able to keep your symptom spotting under control. That's the worst part of the TWW for sure. It sounded like you did a great job at the end of your last TWW of finding some fun things to do that took your mind off of it. Very wise!

AFM -- I *finally* got a +OPK yesterday (CD13). You would have thought that it was a BFP if you had seen me running around with excitement. Since I started on CD14 in May, I hadn't seen a positive yet and it felt like I never ever would. I'm glad that the OPK lines up with my CM. Hopefully my BBTs will confirm ovulation soon. We BD'd twice yesterday (early morning and evening). We'll BD today and tomorrow also and then feel safe. I will probably take another OPK today just to check the length of my surge. How long after your +OPK do you all keep testing?
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby fabel » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:12 am

Crumpet wrote:Fabel -- I'm glad you're able to keep your symptom spotting under control. That's the worst part of the TWW for sure. It sounded like you did a great job at the end of your last TWW of finding some fun things to do that took your mind off of it. Very wise!

AFM -- I *finally* got a +OPK yesterday (CD13). You would have thought that it was a BFP if you had seen me running around with excitement. Since I started on CD14 in May, I hadn't seen a positive yet and it felt like I never ever would. I'm glad that the OPK lines up with my CM. Hopefully my BBTs will confirm ovulation soon. We BD'd twice yesterday (early morning and evening). We'll BD today and tomorrow also and then feel safe. I will probably take another OPK today just to check the length of my surge. How long after your +OPK do you all keep testing?

Hi Crumpet - Yayy for +OPK. It must be relieving to get a + before your UK trip. I like your BD plan. It is always a good and safe approach to keep BD for a day or 2, after O confirmation. Looks like you have very good chances this month. Best of luck

And I totally get your excitement after +. I remember feeling extremely excited after my first O confirmation. Before that I strongly feared that I might not be O'ing :(

I do not use OPKs so unfortunately I cannot help with your question.

AFM, Not much to share. I am (still) trying hard to not get too excited until AF is late.But old habits die hard ;) So I do notice tingly / pinching feeling in my bbs and my cm which has been abundant all along this cycle. Lets hope soon I have something significant like IB to share ;)

:bfp: to all
ME: 33, DH: 30
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AndiA108 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Hey ladies! Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

Crumpet - yay on that opk +!! Now comes the fun part hehe. ;)

Fabel - Don't want to get your hopes up but a lot of CM is a good sign after AF. My sister said with her BFP that happened!

Ursula - about your temps, yea the not sleeping well makes sense then! I had issues with that for while too and think that's why my temps are rocky as well sometime. I toss and turn a LOT and get so thirsty in the middle of night so I get up for water.
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ursula0127 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Crumpet, awesome on your positive OPK. It sounds like your bd schedule has been ideal this cycle too. Here's to hoping your 2WW goes fast and you get your bfp.

Fabel, It looks like we are close in the 2ww. I am 5-7 dpo. FF moved my O day back 2 days on Friday. My temp today is a little misleading. I had a couple of skinny margaritas last night so my temp might be a bit skewed for today. We will see what it does tomorrow.

Andi, yes it is frustrating when you feel like you can't confirm O. Hopefully this is just a wonky month for me and if not pg this cycle then my temps will even back my next cycle.

This weekend has been good. I feel like I am obsessing less this cycle but it seems the last part of the 2WW is the hardest and I am just going into it now. I feel completely normal other than some off and on cramps the last few days.

Sending sticky sticky babydust to everyone!!!
Ursula0127
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kyrenora » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Crumpet - I'm glad you finally got your +OPK! Isn't it a great feeling to finally see that nice, dark line? I usually test again the day after I finally get my + just to see if it's lightened up at all. For my temps, what I usually see is a dip when my body is gearing up for O, then I'll see a return to my "normal" for 3 days or so, and then I'll see a rise.

fabel - Sorry you weren't able to give hubby the birthday present you wanted :( Good luck keeping the symptom spotting under control. Sometimes it can be fun, but doing it too much can really screw with your mind. Don't wait around for IB, though. From what I've read, it's actually very rare. One thing that I DID see before I got my BFP was a lot more EWCM right before AF was due.

Ursula - It's so frustrating when your temps don't do what you expect them to. Mine have been stable for longer than they usually are after my dip. Usually it's only about 3 days and then I see a rise. This cycle it's been a week already. Hopefully I'll start seeing that climb tomorrow.

AFM - My last cycle was pretty short (23 days) so FF is predicting my AF will show on Thursday, which is my birthday. I think I'm going to take a test then, even though it will be less than a week since I O'd. I don't expect to see anything, but wouldn't it be wonderful if I did? Other than that, I've been much more relaxed than I expected in the TWW. Hopefully I can stay that way!
Me: 27 & DH:28
Married 3/1/2014
RT Born 7/11/2015
kyrenora
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DarkAries » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 pm

fabel wrote:
DarkAries wrote:Hey Ladies

Sorry that I didn't reply yesterday - but after Monday I just didnt feel like the office and I was still cramping too...Just felt a bit down but now much better. DH's brother also passed away yesterday (we're Muslim so the funeral's are usually on the same day).

AFM -I've decided to take it easy this month (I started off charting but then kept on forgetting to take my temp) so FABEL you're plan on not doing anything seems to be the one I'll do too...no stressing or anything...just keeping in mind that i'll O betwen 12 - 14 days (I'll be sure to enjoy the BD'ing bit thought)
I'll continue to take prenatals and some folic acid (going to try the gummy kind some of you ladies use - cause these Gel like ones are making me sick :()

So sorry to hear about your brother, Darkaries. I hope you feel better soon.

Good that you are taking TTC easy. I am also quite enjoying a relaxed TTC approach.

Although, the South African winter is slowly starting to kill me :rofl: Last 2 days have been pretty f***ing cold and we had 2 extremely long power cuts both days so the heating was not an option. We had to ate dinner in bed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lots of love

Thank you Fabel

How was the weather your side this morning - it was raining non stop yesterday - Perfect BMW!!! and I did make use of it ...but only after DH got home. LOL
Me: 40 - DH:38
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DarkAries » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi Ladies

I hope you all had an exciting weekend and that you're all well rested!

I was with Fabel on the long weekend bit ...well not WITH her but in spirit! :D

Crumpet - Ameen & Sukran, my body and I have always been the best of friends the only time she's pisses me off is when it's AF time LOL... and that's always been the fact ever since AF started visiting which were EONS ago LOL just kidding ...I've never had any issues. but like they always say things change... and I think what really adds to the pressure is our easily we have access to things that only doctors knew about (I mean before the internet we didn't know half of whats going on inside of our bodies).

I've just read up on what everyone is up to and it looks like we are all back in the TWW period, I went looking for some gummy vites yesterday but Clicks had nothing.

Fabel - did you get any Pre-seed yet?

AFM - like I said I'll be taking it easy this cycle - but my word is it a task and a half to ignore your body when all you want is for it to behave and give you what you want ....like LOTS AND LOTS OF FERTILE CM!!! :rofl: But seriously ... I'm doing as promised ...I am not charting, just keeping in mind what my Cycle days are. and making sure that we BD on a regular basis this week (which is NOT a task and a half)...I mean it's cold over here and what is better than some HOT BODY HEAT!

:babydustg: :babydustb: to each one of you lovely ladies.
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby fabel » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:56 am

DarkAries wrote:
I've just read up on what everyone is up to and it looks like we are all back in the TWW period, I went looking for some gummy vites yesterday but Clicks had nothing.

Fabel - did you get any Pre-seed yet?

AFM - like I said I'll be taking it easy this cycle - but my word is it a task and a half to ignore your body when all you want is for it to behave and give you what you want ....like LOTS AND LOTS OF FERTILE CM!!! :rofl: But seriously ... I'm doing as promised ...I am not charting, just keeping in mind what my Cycle days are. and making sure that we BD on a regular basis this week (which is NOT a task and a half)...I mean it's cold over here and what is better than some HOT BODY HEAT!

Thank you Fabel

How was the weather your side this morning - it was raining non stop yesterday - Perfect BMW!!! and I did make use of it ...but only after DH got home. LOL

I hear you on the cold weather & bd ;) The weather here is sunny and not as cold since yesterday. In fact, I felt pretty hot last night so had to open windows and sleep in shorts. But, this could be due to LP and my rising progesterone. I remember feeling very hot before AF time in Germany as well where it gets much much colder than here.

I did not get preseed yet but I did find out that 2 Dischem stores in Joburg keep it. I called them both but they were out of stock. Apparently, they get it from Cape town but new stock did not arrive due to some supplier issues.

The people in Dischem - Greenstone Mall were extremely helpful so they took my phone number and told me they will call me as soon as new stock is available. So, now I just have to wait.

Glad to hear you are taking it easy. Our bodies can play quite cruel tricks on us as soon as they figure out that we are trying to conceive :(

:bfp:
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DarkAries » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:25 am

Fabel - I just called one of the Dischem's here and the lady I spoke to said that they didn't have for a while now but she has put it on their out of stock sheet. I'll try this side too and let you know as soon as they have it.
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby fabel » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:49 am

Hi everyone :),

Andi - You are very right about abundant cm and bfp connection. I have heard that too from so many people. I would have thought exactly that about myself, if the quantity of cm had not already increased before O. I have been noticing too much cm since CD6. Sorry for TMI - a few time before O there was so much ewcm on tp like I just had bd'ed :( I hope this is not a symptom of hormonal imbalance.

Ursula :) yayy I am also 5-6 DPO. We will be there to support each other during the craziest few days before AF. So not looking forward to that. I really hope to get a very clear pregg symptom before that.

Lets keep the 'not obsessing' spirits up :D

Kyrenora - thanks a lot. I am trying... You are right about IB. I have also heard it does not happen to everyone :( How do we know that the egg has met an sperm? Sometimes I tell DH that there should be some music or flashing lights as soon as fertilisation happens. Kinda like when you hit a jackpot in a slot machine. That would make our lives so much easier as there will be no TWW

Good luck with testing on Thursday. You might get what you want :D I have heard about women who get a faint line already around 8DPO so FX for you.

Darkaries - thanks for checking with Dischem :) That is really kind of you.

I see that quite a few of us have been relaxed during this cycle's TWW. I am quite hopefully this is will help our bodies and make TTC easier.

On my side - an acquaintance - who has weight issues and is around 36 - just announced that she is 5 months pregnant. Surprisingly I took the news very well and did not feel jealous. I knew that they have been trying for about 1.5 years. It was kind of relieving to hear the news - that absolute infertility is not as common as we might think. Its just that for some people it takes time but most people get there.

AFM, everything is quite normal here, except that I do not feel pregnant this month. Each month I am so convinced that I am pregnant but this month everything is going according to the routine. Have been feeling things here and there but nothing that I have not felt before.

I hope did not miss anyone. If I did, sorry about that

Lots of love and positive vibes.
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Keriberi » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:54 am

Crumpet/Ursula/Fabel/Kyrenora - Keeping FX and sprinkling :babydustg: :babydustb: for your tww, however far you may be into it.

:af: showed her face yesterday. I was expecting her although I was two days late and had loads of cm all week - so at least I know not to take any notice of that as a BFP symptom in the future!

Bit tough having DSD to stay (Fathers Day in UK) and helping her celebrating that with DH but I had a little quiet cry and got it out of my system. Focusing on the day I can give DH that special news and buy him a card from our child.

Up to 1000mg this week on metformin, called Docs today to arrange the CD2-4 tests to check I am ovulating and I can book the CD21 test too now so at least I am being proactive!

I know I am so early on in this journey compared to some so I keep my fx for all of you that your wait ends soon and it will be :bfp: all round!
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)
Dec 2016 started Charting
Jan 2017 started Acupuncture

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby fabel » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:13 am

Keriberi - I am so sorry that AF showed up and you cried :( I can totally understand how difficult it must have been to go through the Father's Day.

As you rightly said, it is just beginning, my dear. Your time will come very soon. Hopefully, next year you will be helping your own little one celebrate. Sending you lots of love and strength.

I like that you are staying positive and proactive. Good luck with metformin and CD2-4 tests. Do let us know how the results are.

Lots of love
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:50 am

Its great to see so many of us really relaxed this cycle. Please pass on some of those chilled-out vibes my way. I'm hoping I can avoid excessive symptom spotting this time.

DarkAries -- its great to see you back and keeping to your word for this cycle. It makes so much sense to take a break from charting and checking everything. I'm glad that the weather this week is cooperating. BD-ing in the cold is the best! Once I get a good handle on my cycles I may do the same. I hope you enjoy your cycle without all of the charting distractions in the way.

Keriberi -- I'm sorry that AF showed up. I was really upset for about an hour or so after AF showed up for me last month. Being proactive and working towards success in the next cycle is a great way to move forward. It sounds like you're getting things lined up well for next time.

Fabel -- I admire how well you're doing on your TWW. You really sound like you're going with the flow (and hopefully not the Aunt Flow -- grrr!). Regardless of the outcome, that way of approaching things will make it easier on you. I understand how you feel about your friend. Its great to see someone who has struggled with fertility get their BFP. It can also be hard when you're still waiting for your own. A friend of mine (who is in her early-mid 30s) had her first step-grandchild arrive recently, while she's been TTC for a while. Her husband (mid-late 30s) had an unplanned child when he was about 17 or 18 and that child had an unplanned child at the same age. She loves both the grandchild and the grandchild's parents, but its hard for her to experience an unplanned pregnancy when she and her husband are trying so hard right now. Its just easier for some people and luck also factors into it.

Kyrenora -- thanks for the OPK advice. Its most appreciated! If you are okay with seeing a negative, then definitely test on your birthday. Its early, but why not? Some people do see positives super early. Its great that you can test again on DH's birthday. You're doing great on your TWW (One Week Wait?! :D ) I'm crossing fingers for your BFP!

AndiA -- tossing and turning, getting up at night, etc...its so hard to take good BBTs! How are you doing?

Ursula -- Yes, the second week of the TWW is harder than the first week. I'm glad you've weathered the first week well. I hope you can keep up the good vibes through your second week. Its not much longer to wait now until you can test.

AFM -- I got another +OPK yesterday, so my positives were from late Saturday to Sunday afternoon. I suspect that I O'd on Sunday since I got some twinges/very light cramps and my CM has turned more watery and is not as abundant. I think we can ease up on BD-ing now. Its fun, but we've been BD every day for the past few days. A break will feel nice! My temperatures are starting to rise, but I had some rocky temps earlier in my cycle (like Ursula and AndiA, I toss and turn, and use the bathroom during the night). Hopefully I'll get a clear pattern in a day or two and get my crosshairs from FF. Let the TWW begin!
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Ursula0127 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi ladies! I am just checking in.

Wishing you ladies in the 2ww a bfp!!!! Loads of babydust coming your way. I am however not feeling too hopeful today. I feel perfectly normal. I know I am only between 6-8 dpo but my boobs are not sore at all and I don't have any cm to report.
Ursula0127
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby fabel » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Crumpet wrote:Fabel -- I admire how well you're doing on your TWW. You really sound like you're going with the flow (and hopefully not the Aunt Flow -- grrr!). Regardless of the outcome, that way of approaching things will make it easier on you. I understand how you feel about your friend. Its great to see someone who has struggled with fertility get their BFP. It can also be hard when you're still waiting for your own. A friend of mine (who is in her early-mid 30s) had her first step-grandchild arrive recently, while she's been TTC for a while. Her husband (mid-late 30s) had an unplanned child when he was about 17 or 18 and that child had an unplanned child at the same age. She loves both the grandchild and the grandchild's parents, but its hard for her to experience an unplanned pregnancy when she and her husband are trying so hard right now. Its just easier for some people and luck also factors into it.

AFM -- I got another +OPK yesterday, so my positives were from late Saturday to Sunday afternoon. I suspect that I O'd on Sunday since I got some twinges/very light cramps and my CM has turned more watery and is not as abundant. I think we can ease up on BD-ing now. Its fun, but we've been BD every day for the past few days. A break will feel nice! My temperatures are starting to rise, but I had some rocky temps earlier in my cycle (like Ursula and AndiA, I toss and turn, and use the bathroom during the night). Hopefully I'll get a clear pattern in a day or two and get my crosshairs from FF. Let the TWW begin!

Crumpet - I am trying not to symptom spot but seems like my body is trying even harder to sabotage my efforts. When I stopped monitoring CP and CM, I had thought that I would not even know what kind of cm I am getting. My body must have figured that out so now it is producing A LOT of cm which just shows up on tp and is hard to ignore.

I hear you on easing up with BD. While it can be fun, being on schedule makes things a bit stressful. I hope you get crosshairs soon and can switch back to spontaneous love making :)

Like Ursula, you and Andi, I also used to go the bathroom during the night as I drink a lot of water and herbal tea. What I did was to stop taking liquids after 9:00 pm. That helped me with peeing. Just thought to share with you.

AFM - Major TMI alert - I got a lot CM even today which literally looked like toothpaste. I am pretty sure it is infertile cm but I have not seen this kind of cm ever before. Not sure if it is the new fertility supplement or my hormones are going crazy. I really hope everything stays normal.

I also briefly got very strong blood like taste in my mouth today. Quite randomly while getting ready to go out, not while eating or brushing my teeth. I got that taste during my last cycle as well - a day or 2 before AF. Then, AF showed up anyway. I do not want to symptom spot but I cannot help but wonder why this stupid metallic taste. Unless I got a chemical last month that went unnoticed, I do not wanna trust metallic taste as a pregnancy symptom :doh: Shall I see a dentist? ;)

Babydust to all
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups