Babydust Buddies! The journey continues...

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Babydust Buddies! The journey continues...

Postby Ursula0127 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Andi, I am the same way with my bbt thermometer. Although, I have heard that vaginal temping is the most accurate. Although with DD running around it makes me too nervous to try it! While I would wipe it down with an alcohol swab it would horrify me if she put the bbt thermometer in her mouth. Yikes

I am going to try Vitex next month if no bfp this coming weekend.
Ursula0127
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Babydust Buddies! The journey continues...

Postby Crumpet » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Woot! I'm so excited for our new thread! I love the name and the addition. Thanks for sorting this out for us Ursula!

Fabel -- your CM sounds really, really positive but I don't want to get your hopes up. How far DPO are you? Thanks for the peeing tip. I should really do that. I am also a herbal tea and water addict. Giving myself a firm cutoff time is a great idea. I'll start that tomorrow (its already too late for me tonight!).

AFM -- not much to report. I did my last hard climbing session today and I'll be taking it a bit easy during the TWW. Even if its okay to do lots of tough work outs, I feel better easing up a bit. More yoga! I had a -OPK today so my surge is officially over. I'm waiting for my crosshairs but I feel pretty sure based on all of the signs that I O'd this past weekend. I'm officially in the TWW.
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby fabel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:02 am

Hey hey,

I love our new home :D Thank you Ursuala very much for creating this threads.

Andi - Vitex sounds something wonderful. Have heard really positive reviews from a lot of people. I wish I had known about it earlier and tried it. Now I am on another fertility supplement. I do not think it will be a good idea for me to mix the two. If I don't get a bfp in next 3 months, I am so gonna try Vitex.

For my metallic taste - I googled it and top 3 reasons seems to be iron / metal supplements, poor oral hygiene > gingivitis (no way I brush my teeth after each meal) and pregnancy > gingivitis. I was taking iron supplements until LMP but I stopped it to switch to new supplement (which does not have iron). Maybe there is still some leftover iron in my system...

Crumpet - I love your optimism :hb: I really hope that you are right. I am 6-7 DPO and almost half way through my TWW journey.

How far are you in TWW?

Lots of babydust to all.
ME: 33, DH: 30
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ursula0127 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:26 am

Morning (for me anyway) ladies!

Crumpet, I can't wait for you to get your crosshairs! Will you wait to test till AF doesn't show?

Fabel, I have heard that before in reference to the iron and the mettalic taste but if you switched it up hopefully that will stop soon.

I had a temp dip today so FF moved my crosshairs again. Oy. I am somewhere between 7-9dpo and I still feel completely normal. Not even like AF will be here anytime soon. So absolutely nothing to symptom check here. Lol
Ursula0127
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crumpet » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:46 am

Hello Ladies!

Fabel -- Wow, you're already halfway through your TWW! That's great. When did your toothpaste CM start? Are you still having crazy CM? I hope you're able to get some restful time even when your body is doing crazy stuff. Why do our bodies decide to do odd things just as we're TTC? I don't think its just that we're more observant, I think our bodies somehow respond to the TTC. Hopefully in your case it actually means something!

Ursula -- yes, vaginal temping may be more accurate but with a child running around, I would be reluctant also. Usually FF can make sense of rocky charts. So many of us have problems sleeping through the night. I'm sorry that FF is moving your crosshairs around. It makes it very difficult to time BD and to know when you can reasonably test. I've heard good things about VItex also. Has anyone else here tried it? It would be good to hear some thoughts on it.

AFM -- I think I O'd on CD14 and I'm on CD16 now. I've had two days of temperature rises. The rise today was 0.4 degrees so it was a big one (for me). I'm waiting on my crosshairs to confirm O. I'm not far into the TWW so I feel pretty good and have not resorted to googling 'symptoms'. I hope that my misleading signs last time have cured me of that. I'll be in England for most of my TWW and away from DH so I probably won't test until I return. The morning after I get back would be a reasonable time to test. I may test then or wait for AF to show up the day after. If I don't spot when I usually do I may go ahead and test. Somehow though it seems easier to have AF tell me that its a negative than to see it on a test.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby fabel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:43 am

Ursula0127 wrote:
Fabel, I have heard that before in reference to the iron and the mettalic taste but if you switched it up hopefully that will stop soon.

I had a temp dip today so FF moved my crosshairs again. Oy. I am somewhere between 7-9dpo and I still feel completely normal. Not even like AF will be here anytime soon. So absolutely nothing to symptom check here. Lol

Hi Ursula - I totally agree with you. I am also suspecting iron to be the culprit. To be on safer side, I am gonna consult a dentist friend soon to make sure everything is alright.

And no symptoms is good :) How much I wish that my TWW was symptom free.
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby fabel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:01 am

Crumpet wrote:Hello Ladies!

Fabel -- Wow, you're already halfway through your TWW! That's great. When did your toothpaste CM start? Are you still having crazy CM? I hope you're able to get some restful time even when your body is doing crazy stuff. Why do our bodies decide to do odd things just as we're TTC? I don't think its just that we're more observant, I think our bodies somehow respond to the TTC. Hopefully in your case it actually means something!

AFM -- I think I O'd on CD14 and I'm on CD16 now. I've had two days of temperature rises. The rise today was 0.4 degrees so it was a big one (for me). I'm waiting on my crosshairs to confirm O. I'm not far into the TWW so I feel pretty good and have not resorted to googling 'symptoms'. I hope that my misleading signs last time have cured me of that. I'll be in England for most of my TWW and away from DH so I probably won't test until I return. The morning after I get back would be a reasonable time to test. I may test then or wait for AF to show up the day after. If I don't spot when I usually do I may go ahead and test. Somehow though it seems easier to have AF tell me that its a negative than to see it on a test.

Hi Crumpet - I have been noticing crazily abundant cm since before O. I guess it started on CD5/6. My cm followed the text book pattern (dry to watery to ew to creamy), it is just that there has been too much of whatever the type it was. The toothpasty cm showed for the first time yesterday, around the same time when metallic taste appeared. But that was one off thing. Today, I woke up lots lots of ew cm. We BD'ed last night so maybe my cervix has found a new way to store semen overnight :rofl:

I totally agree with you that our bodies respond to TTC, it is not just that we are more observant. I have also gone through a lot of changes in last 5 months - some good and some totally weird.

I like your plan. Although it is easier said than done, it is always good to wait as long as you can. BFNs can be difficult to get over. I hope that I will also be able to wait at least until the day AF is due.
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Fabel -- well, I guess your body really, REALLY wants you to get a BFP! It sounds like its going into overdrive in CM production. Hopefully its a good omen. How are you doing with the TWW? It gets more and more difficult as the time goes by. Do you have a plan for when you will test?
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby kyrenora » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:49 pm

DarkAries - There's little better than BD-ing when it's cold out. Good job not obsessing this cycle! It's not easy to turn it off.

fabel - Hopefully you can get the preseed soon. Sounds like that's turning out to be quite a hassle. I absolutely agree that it would be wonderful if there was some kind of sign that the sperm and egg had met. I keep telling hubby it should be like The Sims. In versions 1-3 there was music that played. In the 4th one, a pregnancy test will turn up positive immediately after. Really hoping that metallic taste means something good for you this time around!

Keriberi - Sorry about AF :( I understand how Father's Day might be a little extra rough with DSD there. I got my FX for you that you'll be able to give your DH a belated Father's Day gift.

Crumpet - Plenty of chill vibes coming your way! Congrats on entering the TWW! Isn't it nice getting to a point where you can just BD for fun again? Sometimes it gets a little mechanical when you're TTC.

Ursula - Don't feel down for feeling "normal." I've heard lots of anecdotal evidence that BFPs happen when you stop spotting symptoms. As for the BBT, could you hide it in a bedside drawer or something where she couldn't get it?

AFM - I have no idea what's going on. It's been about a week since my +OPK and even longer since my temp dip. Still, no rise in temp. It's stuck at my baseline and has been for 9 days. It's really not making me happy. FF says that AF should show on Thurs, but now I'm not sure if I'm even in the TWW! On the other hand, I picked up reading Game of Thrones again (book 4) so I've been spending more time doing that and relaxing rather than browsing tons of TTC forums. It's helping to keep me sane and not too focused on the process while there isn't anything I can be actively doing.
Me: 27 & DH:28
Married 3/1/2014
RT Born 7/11/2015
kyrenora
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Keriberi » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:01 am

Fabel/Crumpet/Kyrenora - Thanks for your kind words. I got over my little pity party which I totally blame on hormones!! :wink:

CD4 today. Had my blood test done yesterday and booked for Day 21. DH and I agreed to relax but excited to start BD-ing as soon as AF disappears. Decided to stop my prenatal vitamin as the last few months I have taken it (maybe a coincidence?) my cycle has extended. So am back to just Folic Acid, Vit B complex, low dose of Royal Jelly. I think I'll add some Vit D to that and I'm up to 1000mg metformin now too.

Everyone seems pretty relaxed for their tww so that must be a good sign :D

Fabel you have some classic signs which is so positive and Ursula you wouldn't believe the amount of BFP stories I have read where people say "I had no symptoms whatsoever!" I agree with you Kyrenora, It would be so much easier if there was an alarm that just went off or something! I have my fingers tightly crossed for you all

:babydustb: :babydustg:
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)
Dec 2016 started Charting
Jan 2017 started Acupuncture

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby fabel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:06 am

Hello all,

Crumpet - yes, I think my body really does and my mind too. Had the weirdest dreams last night, all about pregnancy and babies. It seems that tougher phase of TWW has started. My nipples were hurting a lot in sleep or maybe I just dreamt that they were hurting. They feel fine now.

For testing, I want to wait until AF is at least one day late. Ideally, 2 days late. Lets see if I can wait until then. When are you planning on testing?

Kyrenora - It is sad that your BBT pattern is not clear. I can relate to how difficult it can be to not know if you have O'ed or not.

Sorry if you already mentioned, have you been taking temps around the same time (+/- 30 min is fine) after at least 3 hours of sleep? time and # of hours of sleep can really change BBT.

Do you usually get AF symptoms like spotting etc? If yes, how is that going this cycle? If AF is due tomorrow, you should see some signs? I really wish AF does not show up for you.

Enjoying relaxing and reading Game of Thrones. Sending you and EOE lots of love

Wish you all a :bfp:
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:36 am

Fabel -- I'm sorry that the tough part of the TWW has started. Your body sounds like its going to try to make you think you're pregnant. Hopefully you will be. Are there any books, films, museums, recipes, etc that you've been wanting to try? Maybe now is a good time to reward yourself with a delightful distraction. You're fairly far into the TWW. Its not long to wait now!

Keriberi -- Its odd that your prenatal did that to your cycles (or that it coincided). The more I read about vitamins and hormones the more amazed I am by how they work. It is such an intricate ballet between them throughout the cycle. The chain reactions and balances are so complicated. I'm glad you have another routine that works for you and your body. Its great that you have your CD4 blood test done and you have a plan laid out. I hope you enjoy the relaxed BD with DH this month. Its probably a relief to ease up on planning and monitoring.

Kyrenora -- ACK!! That must be so frustrating! I'm so sorry your temps are not cooperating. Do you think that your body is still settling down from your pregnancy? It sounded like your cycles were standardizing but maybe your body is still sorting itself out? Its so hard to figure out a cause with these things! Its great that you've found a good distraction. It helps not to focus on the body when there is nothing else we can do.

AFM -- FF gave me my crosshairs today. Yeah! I'm officially 3 DPO today. I'm glad that FF and I agreed on my O date since we planned BD around it. It is also on exactly the day that I thought I O'd on my last cycle, which gives me confidence in my interpretations. I'm planning to test on the day that AF should show up, but I may test a day or two early if I don't see my usual spotting (this shows up about 5 days before AF). Fortunately, I'll be in England for about 10 days during the TWW so I'll have lots of distractions from overanalyzing my 'symptoms' (I hope). I'm going to make sure I bring some good books with me just in case. Otherwise, not much is going on here...no symptoms to speak of yet!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Ursula0127 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Crumpet, unfortunately my nightstand is a glass top so no drawer. My DD has her hands on everything even at 7. Lol how long is your usual LP?

Keriberi, that is interesting that your prenatal may have altered your cycle lenth. There are so many things to help us TTC. It is just a matter of figuring out what your body needs to get that bfp!

Fabel, that is great that you have found something to occupy your time in the TWW. Maybe I need to find a new show to distract me! Lol

Afm, my temp has taken a dip but my LP is usually 12 days. I believe that I am 9dpo which means I should get AF on Saturday. I have had some cramping today but could just be my body gearing up for AF this month. We shall see.
Ursula0127
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby fabel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Crumpet - yayyy for crosshairs. It must be relieving to get an O day that cross checks with your own feeling. Enjoy your trip. Hopefully, this TWW will be easier on you and there is a BFP waiting at the end :)

Ursula - thanks. Wishing you all the best and :noaf: FX for you. Like someone else said earlier, no symptoms can be a symptom sometimes

AFM - I noticed some pink spotting about 2 hours ago which has become even lighter now. AF is due on the 29th so it is way too early for my pre-AF spotting which usually occurs 1-2 days before AF. Plus, it was pink, not brownish like my usual pre-AF spotting. FX for how it progresses and what it means.

If I get a BFP this cycle, this could be my implantation bleeding. Otherwise, I will remember this incident as one of the most cruel tricks played by my body. Trying my best to stay calm and not get too excited. I am gonna stick with my plan to test only if AF is a day or 2 late.

Lots of love to all you
fabel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Fabel -- wow! It sounds like you have great signs leading towards a positive. But you are right to be cautious. I learned my lesson when I believed my nipples in my last cycle. They will never be trusted again!

Ursula -- it sounds like you're doing just fine on your TWW. I've seen lots of BFP charts that have dips -- sometimes big ones for a few days. I'm hopeful for you this cycle and sending you oodles of Babydust. Aside from my pre-AF spotting, my cycle is textbook perfect. Its 27-28 days and pretty regular. I tend to O on CD 13 or 14, so my luteal phase is usually two weeks precisely. It definitely makes my life easier when reading about fertility!

AFM -- I had my last acupuncture appointment before AF or a BFP shows up. He says that the acupuncture should help with the spotting. I hope so. It worries me even though my OBGYN didn't seem fussed about it. No symptoms to speak of so far!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups