Babydust Buddies! The journey continues...

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Babydust Buddies! The journey continues...

Postby Crumpet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Fabel -- great to see you! How are you doing now? Are you still feeling really bloated or are you starting to feel better?

Kyrenora -- I agree with Fabel. You are *beautiful* in both videos. And I agree with your husband. You are so creative and talented. I can see why he fell for you. You're amazing! I'd love to watch more of your videos.

No matter what any of us say, though, its all about how *you* feel. And, although you gained weight between the two videos, the biggest difference seems to be your energy. Maybe I was looking out for it after reading your post, but it seemed clear to me. I'm glad you had your thyroid checked and ruled out already. How much has your lifestyle changed before and after the weight gain? Can you go for long walks with your baby where you live?

The only other tip I have is about food -- my husband and I both lost weight when we started making all of our food from scratch. So, we're not just cooking at home, but we're cooking pancakes from scratch, pizza dough from scratch etc. It takes less times than it seems, BUT we don't have a baby (yet) and so its hard for me to know if its a realistic goal for you or not.

I'm not on any fitness sites, but I'm happy to check in on fitness here. I've been struggling a bit. I'm an endurance runner (marathons, ultra-marathons) and rock climber (indoors, outdoors). My RE has forbidden both running and climbing during the TWW. I also can't do long runs while TTC. I'm finding it really hard to stay fit. I'm still doing yoga, but I could use some motivation to keep in shape without my favorite sports.

AFM -- My temp was *way* up today. Is that a good sign? Other than that, I've been cramping a bit yesterday and today. The bad news is that I've had a bit of spotting show up late in the day today. I always take this really hard as an early sign that a BFN will be in my near future. At least we're already set up at the RE so we'll be in good hands in the future if we need it.

Best of luck to all of you...lots of hugs!
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Ursula0127 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:06 am

Crumpet, youf chart looks amazing! Triphasic is a really positivd sign. I have everything fx for you!

Janeite, yay on O'ing!

Fabel, glad things are going well for you!

Afm, I am 8dpo and feeling good. I had a temp dip and good rise. Not getting my hopes up just yet. If AF is coming she should be here in 5 more days.
Ursula0127
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crumpet » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:00 am

Nice chart Ursula. 8 DPO is pretty far along the TWW. Good luck for the rest of it. Are you feeling pretty good?

AFM -- 10 DPO. I had a low temp this morning but I'm not sure if I should count it or not. I had a restless night of sleep. I was exhausted but just had a hard time getting and staying asleep. THEN I couldn't find my thermometer when I woke up so I had to get up and look for it on the floor by the bed. We'll see how things go with my temp tomorrow. If it goes way up again, I might ask FF to give me an open circle for today.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby DarkAries » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 am

Crumpet - I've been popping in whole day to see what your chart is doing (my colleague is on leave so I don't have that much free time) but I'll promise I'll send a longer message tomorrow. Your chart is looking good! And I hope you have a peaceful evening!

Fabel - virtual kisses to your lovebug!
Me: 40 - DH:38
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DarkAries » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:46 am

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that it's the little bean digging in deeper that's keeping you up!
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:25 am

DarkAries -- awww, thanks for thinking of me! Its really sweet of you. I'm not too hopeful this cycle because our BD wasn't great and I started spotting on 9DPO. We'll see what happens though!

How are you doing these days? Are you still cycle tracking or just taking a totally laid back approach? What have you and your family been up to? Lots of hugs!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby DarkAries » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:31 am

Hi everyone

Crumpet how are you feeling today?

AFM - Im taking it a very easy this side, but I"m still temping and checking my cm & cp. Hubby had a bit of gastro this week so we've been taking it easy...I'm considering taking up softball again but will see how I feel by the end of next month. DH and DSD are both soccer players so that as kept us very busy on Friday and Saturday nights...the younger two drives us nuts but in a good way and the our oldest is into girls (although I've told him to take it easy and concentrate on his school work) .

and how is EOE!
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kyrenora » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:13 am

fabel - Thanks! If you do wind up setting up an online project, I'd be more than happy to help. I do web design as well as my channel.

It's not so much that I want to look different, it's much more about the way my body feels. I gained the weight very quickly, and therefore didn't have a lot of time to adapt to the changes. It's little things like my joints hurting and sweating/getting winded more easily. I want to be more fit and healthy than I am right now.

Crumpet - Thank you :) My energy has definitely changed quite a bit. I'm not sure how much of it is just due to chasing a toddler around all day or getting older. When I got my thyroid results, they checked me for anemia. That was negative as well.

We're doing a lot more from scratch than we used to, but some nights, after a long day, it's just too easy to throw on some pasta for dinner.

I could definitely be walking more than I am. Most days the kid and I just hang around the house. I have a nearby neighbor with a daughter the same age as mine and we'll go for walks together every couple of weeks, but I should have the motivation to go by myself when she can't join me.

I've got my FX for you that you won't need the RE, but it's definitely good to have just in case.

AFM - CD29 now with an average cycle length of 30 days. I figure I'll test on Friday morning if I still have no signs of AF's arrival. That is, if I can hold off that long.
Me: 27 & DH:28
Married 3/1/2014
RT Born 7/11/2015
kyrenora
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:01 am

DarkAries -- it sounds like taking TTC down a notch is great for you and DH. Before we started, I had *no* idea how stressful and all-consuming it could be. Sometimes its good to start thinking about yourself again rather than just TTC!

Kyrenora -- Fx for you! It sounds like you're feeling pretty relaxed. It tends to get harder the closer it gets to AF time, doesn't it? Well, it sounds like you're doing so many thinks right. I think you'll succeed in losing weight. It may just take a bit of time. And that is the healthier and more sustainable way to do it.

AFM -- 12 DPO. My spotting and cramping were heavier yesterday and today than the previous two days, which were very faint. I feel like I usually do at this stage of my cycle. I'm just trying to prepare myself for starting Clomid soon. Its a bit daunting, but I'm glad I'm in the hands of a good RE.

Hugs to all of you!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby DarkAries » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Kyrenora - I can relate to the picking up weight so quickly that you can't adapt. But be patient and do what you have to do. They always say it's easier putting on weight than losing it!

Crumpet - How are things today?

Fabel - is there a bump yet - or can you just feel your clothing starting to fit more snugly?

ANd where is EOE.

I've changed my eating habits - less bread and sugar ... slowly and surely - and I've tried fitting in a few squats (I've been thinking more and more about weight training - and have emailed a personal trainer to find out more about it) Otherwise I'll just buy me some weights and google some moves!
It's 3 and a half months to DECEMBER!!! and I'll be on leave for 2 weeks :)
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Keriberi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:29 am

Hi Ladies

Dark Aries - good to see you back! I know how hard it is even NTNP as our version of that is not the same as DH! But I got FX that being more relaxed helps you

Janeite - Yay for O! Hope the 2WW is not too stressful

Ursula - I hope that AF has stayed away for you... FX

Kyrenora - Love those vids and you are gorgeous whatever size. I hear you on how hard it is. It is something I am trying desperately to focus on as predictably the OBGYN mentioned it (very nice about it though) and I am so aware it can be crucial with TTC and then a healthy pregnancy. You sound like you are doing all the right things. FX that AF says away!

Crumpet - I know you must be so daunted by Clomid but I hope that it goes well for you and you see a positive outcome from it. We are all rooting for you

AFM - Changed my Metformin to the extended release so hoping that is gentler on my stomach as I can take it at night and sleep off the side effects. Had my CD21 blood test last week and then weirdly after my odd long cycle last month, I had only 26 days this month and :af: showed her face on Monday (the day I was supposed to have my second blood test :roll: ) The positive is I called and made the appt for my HyCoSy and it is next Thursday which is CD11 (but I have been told they can actually do it up to CD12). At least it will be done before O this month (In fact at least I can ask and see if there is a follicle waiting and get an answer) Hoping that I don't spot for long after it and that if I O it falls over the weekend (when we don't have DSD yay!) We have our preseed too (which DH is happy to use) so I am keeping positive something happens over the next couple of months before I see the consultant again in November.
Me 34 DH 30
April 2016 started TTC
Aug 2016 HSG (clear)
Dec 2016 started Charting
Jan 2017 started Acupuncture

My Ovulation Chart
Keriberi
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crumpet » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:16 am

Darkaries -- it sounds like you have your diet well under control! Those are hard changes to make, but I bet you feel better too. How are you doing?

Keriberi -- wow, you sound so organized for this round! AND DSD won't be around. It seems like the stars are aligning for you. I hope it leads to a BFP!

AFM -- My temps plummeted today so AF may arrive today (or soon). I am okay with it since I knew our BD was not great. I'm having a really difficult time with DH though. He gets very stubborn and shuts down when I try to talk to him about insurance coverage (he accepted a new job yesterday), trying to sort out treatment plans, or even just my anxiety or exhaustion with the process. It makes me feel very isolated.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby DarkAries » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 am

Yes it was and it still is Crumpet - I have noticed that I'm saying no to my morning cup of tea though (DH usually makes me some for the trip to work - but I find it nauseatingly sweet nowadays) which is a good thing...Oh I forgot to mention that I'm continuing with the pre-natals and the extra iron tablets. I havent had any dizzy spells for a long time now.

I have to say that I can see that my bulge is going down a bit and I lost all of 1 kilo! And I feel much better these days.

I saw your chart now - and I don't like it :( and even if you made peace with the fact that BD wasn't top notch it's still makes you sad or down. As for your DH - is this just his way of dealing with it all...by shutting down? I know it can be hard. I hope he comes around though.

Just for interest sake... it's CD15 today..no sign of O though, other than a little visitor on my cheek & cm is watery ...my temps are stilld own and I"m experiencing no o symptoms....by this time I'd be bloated and cramping...so even if we're NTNP I would have been out still.
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DarkAries » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:45 am

Crumpet - about Clomid - when are you going to start on it? have you got the meds yet?
DS - 16
DS - 12
DD - 7
DS - 4
TTC - "No 5"
DarkAries
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Crumpet » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:20 am

DarkAries -- It sounds like you're doing an amazing job with your lifestyle changes. Slow and steady is the way to do it. I'm so glad you're seeing progress in the form of weight loss and especially in feeling better. That's so encouraging. You can do this!

I don't think DH is upset that we haven't conceived yet. To be honest, I think TTC is not a significant focus for him. He really wants kids, but I think he just expects it to happen at some point. He doesn't care when it happens. I feel like TTC is something *I* am going through, not that its something that *we* are going through. I realize that biology dictates that women have to take on the active role for nearly everything in TTC, but men can be supportive in the form of logistics planning, economic planning, and emotional support. DH has left everything to me...even refusing to research his own new insurance plan and questioning me when I tell him we need to BD *now* if we want to catch that egg. He doesn't want to hear about my experiences or feelings so I've been trying to bottle it up. If he asks (about once every 4 days or so) for an update, I can see him shut down while I'm talking.

I don't have the Clomid or trigger shot yet. I'm supposed to call my RE on CD1 and then we sort it out. I'm actually questioning if I should go through with this now given how difficult DH is being at the moment. I don't want to take all of these meds if he's not committed to BD at O and supporting me through all of this. I'm feeling really discouraged, isolated, and depressed.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups