TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 pm

Here it is, ladies! Our new thread!

Since I seem to be addicted to this, and not TTC or pregnant at the moment, I added the living life part to the end... :rofl:
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33 am

Hi! :)

I'm so happy to hear that your wound is so small at this point, I'm sure you're ready for it to be done and healed up. You've handled it all very well, it's quite impressive!

How has Samu been? How's his upset tummy , a lot of puking still?

Well............... No real good news.......... We went to the city last night to stay for iui this morning, well we couldn't line up a sitter and had to take our son, my daughter was with her friend , and we had a hard time getting a sample this morning. Our son was sleeping but it was still awkward just knowing he was there lol. So I called and had to cancel, dh wasn't going to be able to give a sample, I was 20 minutes away from my appointment time and we just couldn't do it . They just said to have intercourse so when we got home we were able to get our son down for a nap and get in a bd and we did Wednesday , Friday and then today so fx for us but I'm not holding any hope. I'm a bit disappointed but overall I'm honestly okay with it, I've been feeling run down and over it as it is so ill go with it and be content. We covered bd bases so we will see what happens. :)

How has your weekend been?? Anything exciting ??
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:23 am

Hi!

Ckatta, I'm sure BDing was good enough! I guess they can't charge you for the IUI because of what happened, huh? So next cycle (if there is one!) is still good for IUI, right? :) I'm sorry it was a bust, but now you basically did what we talked about, right? Naturally but with the help of meds.

How was your weekend otherwise?

We visited our friends for a barbecue yesterday and had a great time. I was able to put Samu down for a nap two times there, so he was all charming, as well. It did me good to get out of the house. :) We were also able to test DH's new car (he got it on Thursday) to see if it could hold the stroller and stuff (which it did with no problem).

Today's been really hot and humid, and it's supposed to stay like this for at least a week. :( Samu's been sweating a lot so he only wears a diaper around the house and only something light if we go out.

His tummy was pretty fine until just now when he actually vomited (this was no spit up) after his bath. There was quite the puddle on the floor... I'm wondering if it's because he wants to stay upright as much as possible and actually gets quite the ab workout because he pushes himself up if we don't help him, or if it's because of something I eat and he's allergic / sensitive to. It could also be that his stomach and the whole digestive system is still developing... But it's killing me not knowing. Sometimes it looks like the puking up bothers him, but mostly it doesn't.

I hope your Sunday gets better (and why not, you got some BD in ;) )!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:15 pm

A quick update: NO MORE WOUND TREATMENTS!!! Woohooooooooo!

:jump2: :jump2: :jump2:
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:56 am

Morning!! :)

We did cover our bases with bd so we will see what happens. Yes that's exactly what we talked about!! I hope they don't charge me bc my last one is still out there pending and hasn't come back yet so that one is still unpaid, they send it to my insurance even though they won't cover it just to double check that they don't cover it and it's still pending, adding another one on top of it is unappealing to me lol. I think we are going to take a break for a little while and just try on our own, I hope I don't go back to 35-50 day cycles....

I'm glad you got out and had the chance to socialize!! When your home with a baby you start to miss those things!! Of course he was charming, he's too cute not to be hehe :)

Do you like the new car?? Thank goodness it held everything lol.

Do you notice that you're eating some of the same things when he's throwing up a lot? It could be something you're eating , I went through that with my daughter when she nursed. Everything I see had to be super bland or she'd get sick. not knowing would bother me too, if you knew you'd have the chance to fix it and help him out.

It's been so hot and humid here.. I got everything to can pickles and dilly beans, canning/freezing is one of my favorite things to do in the summer! I love in the winter cracking the seal on fresh hand made salsa, pickles, dilly beans it takes so good. I can a lot of stuff, I also freeze a lot of jams that I make with the fresh berries in the summer!! So yummy :)

No sound treatment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so awesome , it's about time!!!!!! Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!! Congratulations!!

Enjoy your Tuesday
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:36 am

Evening! :)

Oh, they should definitely not charge you for the IUI that never took place! :) I wonder why they'd double check if you know that it's not covered... I guess the bills will arrive one at a time for you. :) Taking a break from the meds might do you good!

Canning and freezing, huh? :) You're like my mom, preparing for the winter with home made goods! I bet they're yummy!

Yes, I like the new car, I just haven't driven it yet. :) It's so huge compared to my itty bitty car. ;)

I think orange juice does make him puke... One morning I woke up ahead of time because I needed to use the bathroom, and was hungry so I ate a sandwich and had OJ with it. Samu puked right after nursing, and continued puking the whole day through. Today he's been better, probably what one might call normal, but there was one incident that smelled like throw up before his evening bath. I wonder if the turkey sausages that had quite a lot of black pepper in them were the cause of that. I might go on a diet for a while and then gradually add stuff back to see if I can find a culprit or two. Not just yet, though. I'm still not completely convinced it's my diet that is causing this. I need to be convinced first.

Yeah, no wound treatments... And no libido. Please tell me it'll come back at some point. :(
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 am

Morning!!!! :)

Even thought the iui is only a 20 minute procedure it really was a weight lifted to not have it done, idk if that makes sense or not lol. I really am enjoying not putting much thought into any of this, I hope that my mind/heart agree next cycle and allow me a full months break with no meds!!!!

I love canning/freezing!!! I love having fresh jams for my kids, I love having apple pie filling filled with cinnamon made with fresh apples all year long, and fresh delicious sweet corn all year.. It's so much work but we enjoy it in the winter, and every summer I'm expanding my items. This year I'm adding relish and hot pepper mustard!!

Orange juice is very acidic and could be hard for him to process! Black pepper or anything that was any sort of spice made my kids sick. I basically ate everything bland, boring and kind of gross bc everything affected my kids! Maybe that's the case with Samu too, maybe he can't handle what you're eating or maybe he'll grow out of it. It's so hard to know . You could always eat bland for a week and see if it helps , just a small trial to see if it helps .

Your libido should make a come back, maybe you need to jump start it with a little bit of action :) mine did change after kids though, my whole body did!

Any big weekend plans?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:23 am

Evening!! :)

I get what you're saying about not having the IUI done being a relief! Expending a lot of effort month after month after month (or year after year) takes a toll on you. I'm hoping there won't be next cycle because you'll be preggo by then. ;)

I would love it, too, but there's no room in the freezer and we don't have a cellar, so my canning and jamming days are still ahead. I wonder how much I'll be able to do with a one-year-old... :) Right now I can't even cook for myself. :(

Maybe I'll try the bland stuff, though I read on KellyMom.com that you should be able to eat whatever you like, it's a different thing if the baby is sensitive to allergens or actually allergic to something. I'm a bit at a loss for what to do with his puking. Some days there isn't all that much of it, and some days there's plenty.

I find it hard to try to jump start something I have zero interest in. But I'm getting worried, this is so not what I'm usually like. :(

No particular plans for the weekend, how about you? :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi!

I hope you're right and there is no next cycle but if there is I'm 100% fine with not calling and starting a new cycle of meds. I'm really happy ive finally reached this point , it's taken a long time for me to be able to step back away from it.

Yea I just don't get what he's got going on with his little tummy. I hope you don't have to go to a bland diet, it really did suck lol. I hope it improves as he grows.

Well between giving birth, your infection, and having a newborn I think your libido taking a hit is probably normal. You've been through a lot in a short time, it'll make a come back I'm sure!!

We took our kids to the county fair yesterday, it was so hot so we spent the rest of the day in the pool , it was nice!! We had a birthday party today but tomorrow we have absolutely nothing and I can't wait!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:06 am

Hi!

I hope your weekend was great! It was hot and humid here, and we had thunder both days. On Sunday we went shopping for some socks for Samu and a nursing bra for me. Found the socks but not the bra... :)

It's been a tough morning so far, the baby won't sleep anywhere but in my arms... Put him in a carrier sling to at least have some breakfast. Too bad he didn't fall asleep in it - he did yesterday. I'm not very good with tying up one, so that might be why. Sorely in need of a shower and a bathroom break.

Samu's been fussier these past few days, he's even cried during the day a couple of days. I just called the nurse's office and she said that she'd talk to the doctor to see if we need to come in (his poop has been green for the past two weeks and now there was a bit of blood in it). I'm waiting to hear from the nurse. The idea is that the rotavirus shot messed up his tummy even more.

That's all I can muster right now. I hope your week is off to a good start!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:38 am

Oh Wakasa I'm sorry to hear this :( poor baby Samu , my heart breaks for him.. I hope they do something for him to help him out. How sad and yucky he must be feeling , that's probably why he won't sleep anywhere with you if he feels that yucky he wants his mommy to hold and comfort him. On your end its nice but when you're alone and need to shower, eat or go to the toilet you have no choice but to put him down. Does he like to get put into a swing or anything that he likes to sit in to give you a break to use the toilet?

It was hot and humid here too, we finally got some rain. We are in drought conditions and we have been upgraded to severe drought conditions so rain is desperately needed but very scarce this summer.

I hope everything gets better for you guys I'm sure you're exhausted. :(

Af should be here by Thursday. I'm getting the irritable mood of pms. This whole month seemed to have continued with pms from my last af. I've been trying to keep it in check but I've been grumpy the whole cycle, idk if it's the build up/irritation of it all or what but I'm sick of it and I'm sure dh is too. I told him last night that I wasn't doing anymore meds for August that I would go to the consult but we would try on our own and he was more than okay and e pressed that he was kinda getting sick of it all, so August break it is we both need it and are already enjoying it. :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:20 am

Hi!

I'm glad you're already enjoying August :) There's no harm in getting a consult and taking a break from all the medical stuff :) Go for it!

It's horrible how your summer seems to have been one big drought! I hope you get enough rain soon! It's been raining here every day now, so getting out of the house with a stroller seems impossible.

Samu rarely likes to stay in his rocker (it has a toy arm above it) because he wants to be upright when he's awake.. So a couple of minutes has been the norm lately. According to the Wonder Weeks book, it's all expected as he's going through another growth spurt mentally. That's why he's been so clingy lately.

According to the doctor (as I was adviced to go to the hospital to get Samu checked out) a little blood in the poop along with green color is a side effect of the rotavirus shot. We're supposed to get a booster on the 16th but I'm more than a little hesitant about that now. DH and I decided to get him a better probiotic and wait until the weekend to see if it helps and if it doesn't I'll go on a strict diet of no milk, eggs, soy or gluten to see if he's allergic. And we may well be going in for a second opinion, too.

Today has been better again, I was able to shower after his second morning feeding. :) It's funny how such a little thing can make such a big difference.

Have a great Wednesday!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:42 am

Morning!!

Those are utterly insane side effects from a typical vaccination!!! How long ago did he get the shot? It seems like it shouldn't be bothering him for this long, I'd be extremely hesitant about getting another one too!

Ah that explains why he's so clingy to you! I forget how quickly newborns grow and how fast they change!! Poor guy is going through a lot!!

I am enjoying the break and I'm enjoying that I don't have to start meds or make the long drive to the RE over the weekend for cd3. I do almost fear that not starting meds will be harder for me than not, taking a break sometimes feels like a wasted month that could have been the month and after this long I don't want any wasted months, that's been my drive to keep going so I know I need it and am ready I just hope that once the time comes I'll not feel that urge to start for the sake of wasting a month. Does that make any sense haha

We would need weeks of rain, all of our small creeks and ponds are all completely dried up! The water levels for everything are low, my mom lives in town and the town has been asked to use water sparingly, not to be wasteful. Us that live out further that do not have town water have to watch our wells to ensure that they aren't running down to nothing. It's definitely a problem, we could use daily rain for sure.

i hope your day has been great!! :)

EDIT: not long after I posted this I went to the ladies room and light/spotty af is here at 10dpo :( I'm disappointed and af is early!!?? They said it could show up early but it's been consistent with 12 dpo with my iui cycles.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:28 am

Hi!

Wow, AF at 10 dpo, that's early! :( So sorry! Don't think of August as the missed month, think of it as a vacation! My August cycle last summer was the lucky one... Hoping you'll get a May baby, too! :D

Oh, I'd so send you some of our rain if I could!!! It's nice to have cooler air, but this rain every single day is ridiculous! I only managed to go outside for a short walk because the rain seems to start around noon every day now, and I was able to get ready before that. Hoping you'll get enough rain!

The rotavirus shot was given two weeks ago on Tuesday. I know that it seems ridiculous but since the only real symptoms are the green poop and occasionally some blood in it, the doctor deemed it safe not to investigate further. He also said that since the baby seems to be fine and is very alert and has no fever or a sore abdomen, there's really nothing they can do. Of course I should go back if Samu's condition changes.

So, we're giving him a broader range of probiotics and I'm googling pediatricians who specialize in allergies... I'm also trying to figure out what I can eat on such a restricted diet... Not much, it seems, and most of it seems hard to cook quickly (aside from cold salads). If the days continue as they have, with the baby literally attached to my arms or boobs for most of the day and DH handing me the baby very quickly each night, I might just end up not eating anything. :(

Well, this morning I was able to shower during his first nap, and get ready to go out for a walk during his second. He's now on his third, attached to my boob for 1.5+ hours... So it looks like I'll be having lunch during dinnertime.

Please tell me that it'll get better real soon!

Any plans for the weekend?
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:48 am

Morning!

I spotted yesterday and full blown af as I woke up this morning.. She just doesn't get the hint that she's not wanted lol. So I'd call cd1 on cd11 which is still Kind of early but oddly enough that's like what my lp is on my own without meds.. My body has been strange all month lol

Our mornings and evening have been much cooler which is nice but days this week have been up around 90. These poor kids playing all these sports, I've been pushing water like crazy for my boy. We've got our final soccer game, the championship tonight then we are done and focus only on football for him and gymnastics for her. Things need to slow down for us lol

What a shitty shot poor baby Samu :( just hearing about it makes me sad for him.. I ate most things I just went very bland. I know pepper was a huge bother to both my kids, I couldn't use that on anything, even tacos even though not spicy it was the combo of the seasonings that they couldn't tolerate. They had reactions to things I never thought they would. If they were sick and cranky one day I knew what I ate the day before was affecting them. It's not easy, I know the struggle. The sacrifices we make for our babies :)

Does he wake up if you try to take him away from your boob and set him down?

We have a rodeo in town this weekend so we will probably go watch that but it's supposed to be super hot so maybe floating in our pool will be a better choice. No solid plans we will go with it lol. You guys have any plans?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups