TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:50 am

Hi!

I’m sure it’s been hard going back to work! But you do what you have to do, to the best of your abilities. It’ll get better, I’m sure.

I’m so with you on the not being anywhere near ready for the holidays. We’ve agreed on the presents for the little one, and decided that we’re going to be visiting my mom this Christmas, all the presents are still in the shops, and I have no idea when I will have time to go shopping for them.

Samu’s been well now, which is good. Here’s to hoping it’ll stay that way. :)

I think I will try to hold off on surgery as long as possible, since substituting for the hormones for the rest of my life seems pretty daunting, and the list of side effects is miles long... And if we’re to try for another baby, I would like to breastfeed as long as possible. I won’t be able to do that if they take out my ovaries.

Have a great weekend! I’m trying to get focused on getting some work done, since the end of the year grading deadline is starting to get closer and closer...

Talk to you later. :)
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:37 am

Hi!

How are you doing? Did you already have the genetics appointment? Any news?

I have one more day of work to do and then I’m off work for two weeks. I’m exhausted! I broke down and cried today while driving home from work because I learned that a new colleague was asked if he wants to stay at our school for the next academic year and I certainly haven’t been asked anything about the next year. He teaches the same subject and transferred from elementary school last August and is the reason why I have so few classes this year... It feels like he’s there to basically take over my job.

As for getting a bfp this Christmas, I feel totally out already. AF is due on Boxing Day. I’m sure she’ll visit.

Anyway, have a lovely Christmas!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:29 am

Good morning!!

Do they ask you yearly to come back for the next school year? What a crappy feeling to be made to have. I’m sure they’ll talk to you about next year. It’s nice to have the lighter schedule but you shouldn’t ever be made to feel like someone is there to take over your job, that’s bullshit! I’m sorry you’re feeling that way, I’m sure you’re a much better teacher ;)

When is Boxing Day? God I’m crossing my fingers for a Christmas bfp!! Have you and Dh talked about trying for another little one?

We did go to genetics on Wednesday this week. We had to go to the children’s hospital where she was born to get blood work done. They are doing an intense look at chromosomes with this blood work. The dr said there are enough indicators to start looking into it. She said what we already knew, it could be nothing but it could be something. The test takes 4 weeks to come back, if everything is okay with chromosomes then they will sedate her and do a brain scan which I don’t like the idea of but I’ll do what I have to do. We still don’t know much at this point but should know something in another month.

It’ll be nice if it spend some time with your mom I’m sure. When are you guys heading out to go there?

I’m far from ready for Christmas , I’ve not even started shopping yet. Our last day of school was yesterday and we are off until after the new year so it’ll be nice to be home. I’m going to head out to shop today and tomorrow which I hate doing as it’s always absolutely insane right before a holiday with people doing last minute shopping. I waited way too long for having so many people to buy for.

I hope you have an amazing Christmas with a bfp as a present!!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Good morning!

What kinds of indicators do you mean? Is her development delayed or something? I hope it’s nothing serious!

To answer your question, no, they don’t ask us to come back each year if we have a permanent job, but the teacher in question is at our school for this school year because he’s tutoring us on all things digital. He has a permanent job at the elementary school. He’s sort of on loan at the moment, if you will. But he’s been given some of my classes, so it makes me feel like they’re planning on moving him in permanently.

I don’t have a permanent position, so I get told each year if I’m needed or not. Actually, they’ve kept me in their roster for so long that they should make me a permanent employee.

Anyway, I talked to the headmaster yesterday and told her how it made me feel to hear that someone new had been asked about next year and I wasn’t. She told me that she’s very happy with me and would like to keep me on. I asked her to let me know as soon as possible when she finds out the amount of classes we have next year and she told me she most definitely will.

So, I feel a little bit better but nothing is really certain about any of it. And I found out that the other teacher had put his spin on the whole thing, which makes me wonder why he would do that.

We’re already at my mom’s place, we drove here yesterday (Friday) after work. We need to go get some groceries for the holidays but other than that we’re pretty much done. I just need to figure out what to get my nephew for his birthday (on Christmas Day). We decided to spend a pretty low key Christmas, just enjoying our time together.

As for a Christmas bfp, I think AF came to visit this morning... and I feel disappointed. As for DH, we’re sort of NTNP, still uncertain whether having another one is a good idea. (Boxing Day is the day after Christmas Day, so AF was due on Tuesday.)

That’s all I have time for this morning, sorry! Have a great Christmas!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:09 am

Morning!

I hope your Christmas was amazing and you’ve enjoyed your family!

Her development is delayed. She’s 4-6 weeks behind because she was born early but other than that development seems okay. She’ll catch up within the first year. But indicators like her feet are small and chubby, her fingers taper towards the bottom and are chubby/small, she has no soft spot, her one hand one has 1 straight line on her palms where her other has the normal 3 creases, her pinky’s are curved. There’s just little things that are being noticed because she’s being so thoroughly looked over all the time that are sending off little red flags is what they called them. It doesn’t matter anyways, it will change nothing other than us knowing and being able to help treat if there is something going on.

I’m glad they plan to keep you! I’m sure it’s a weight lifted off your shoulders. Why don’t they have you as a permanent employee? That would be nice to have that guarantee every year. What are the qualifications to get hired on as a permanent staff member? I’m just curious, it’s just different from here so I’m just curious. We have all hired employees and then just have substitutes for when those hired employees need time off.

I had really hoped af would stay away! A Christmas bfp would have been amazing! When do you guys head back home? Maybe a New Years conception isn’t out of the question! ;)

My son had strep throat as soon as that was gone he got another cold immediately and has been really sick, then Kensi started getting sick. I took them to the pediatrician yesterday he’s got a sinus infection s d Kensi has RSV and an ear infection. We have had a heck of a time with sickness lately. I’m glad I’m off work this week, Kensi is so sick it’s really heartbreaking. My son is already feeling better with antibiotics but the rsv last 2-3 weeks so I’m hoping to have her through the worst if it by the time I go back. I’ve got a cold and my daughter is getting one too.

For now we are staying home (Kensis sickness is easily spread) and on the couch snuggling until we all get to feeling better.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:01 am

Hi!

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been sick! I hope everyone is doing better already! Snuggling on the couch is the best, though I wish yiu could be doing it in better circumstances!

I knew preemies could be developmentally late, so I guess it is pretty normal? I’m glad she’s being looked after so thoroughly. And I bet she’s just adorable! :hb:

I am qualified, it’s not a question of that but whether or not they want to hire me permanently. I’m looking into the legality of having me on a year-to-year basis since I have the notion that they’re not allowed to do that.

Our Christmas was lovely, we played in the snow every day and had lots of quality time with my mom, sister, brother and nephew. We drove back on Tuesday and DH had work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. He’s staying home with Samu for the whole of January. :)

Any plans for the New Year’s? We’re staying at home, entertaining a couple of friends. I’m trying not to stress out about it.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi!

I hope this new year is treating you well!
We had a rough start with the little one throwing up fot 12 hours on New Year’s Day, and I had a stomach bug last night. It looks like DH is getting his turn now, he’s reported having an off feeling in his stomach.

Not all that optimistic about this month since we only got a BD and a half in before I got sick. And I think I ovulated today.

How are you guys doing?
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 am

Hi!!

Gosh I’m sorry to hear you guys have been ill, that’s a rough start to the new year. I hope you’re all feeling better!

It only takes 1 bd, Kensi is proof of that! You’re not out as long as it was within a few days of ovulation.

Her being delayed is normal for preemies. She should catch up within 6 months to a year. Of course that’s as long as genetics shows no issues. I’m worried that her soft spots have already fused and what that could mean for brain growth in the months to come. But we will take that in stride at each months check up with head measurements.

I’m so glad you got to spend time with your family over the holidays!
We didn’t do much on New Year’s Eve, we had a friend from out of town come over for the evening but it was very low key.

Going back to work after a week off was tough but our school has closed today due to temperatures. The temp is -1 with wind chill it feels like -20, the kids can’t be outside waiting for the bus in temps like that.

We are snuggled in and trying to stay warm!

I hope you’re feeling much better and can enjoy your weekend!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 am

Hi!

Luckily the illness passed quickly!
As of yesterday, DH and Samu have stayed at home during my workdays. Yesterday Samu didn’t really eat much and refused his nap until I got home (and then he fell asleep nursing)... Last night he slept through the whole night! I’m hoping that it wasn’t a fluke! I’d love to get some sleep. :)

I’m sure she’ll catch up really quickly. :)

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 am

Hi!!

That’s great, hopefully he’s continued to sleep through the night for you! You deserve some sleep.

I’m glad everyone is feeling better. I hate this time of year with all the sickness that goes around.

Kensis genetic blood tests all came back normal!! It’s a huge weight lifted! They are going to remain watching head growth bc her soft spots have closed, they just need to make sure her brain continues to show adequate growth.

Enjoy what’s left of your weekend!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 am

Hi!

That’s such great news!!!! How wonderful!

Unfortunately all the other nights have been pretty bad this week, and to top it all off, I had a six-day work week... I’m pretty tired, it feels like there was no holiday whatsoever.

I’m feeling kind of crampy and having cravings for chocolate, so I guess AF will show up this coming week.

Have a great weekend, or what’s left of it. :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi!

AF got me, I guess it’s on for an October baby. ;)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 am

Hi!

I’m sorry af showed up. I had my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully this time around will do the trick and af will stay away!!

Did you have a shorter work week and get to enjoy more of the weekend?

How has Samu been sleeping, any better?

We started cereal with Kensi yesterday. The pediatrician wanted us to start at the beginning of the new year but I held off bc she was still so sick and it just wasn’t the time to introduce anything new to her but niecthat she’s better I decided to start. She didn’t really do too bad, I don’t think she loved it but she didn’t cry or overly spit it out either.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a great work week!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:04 am

Hi!

Thanks! I hope we’ll get pregnant this month because I am getting those ovarian cyst pains again now. Maxed out on painkillers and they only worked for 5 hours. So I need to wait for 3 hours before I can take some more. I didn’t get any of these pains while pregnant.

Samu seems to sleep a little better one night and not so well the next. He’s also refusing naps with his dad...

I had a normal work week, but a two-day weekend is always a good thing. :) Too bad we all have a cold and DH and I are coughing out our lungs, or so it seems. I keep trying to decide whether to go to work tomorrow or not.

How old is Kensi now? Was the cereal because of the iron and her being a preemie?

How are you doing? Is going to work getting any easier?

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups