TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:30 am

Hi!

Does your dh stay home with Samu now?

How is this cycle going? Where are you at?

The sickness going around our whole entire area is scary and unbelievable. It makes being on a bus daily with 40 kids each run for 4 runs a day really gross, when I get home I try to disinfect myself before touching Kensi. We are in a flu epidemic, death rates just keep climbing.

Kensi is 6 months this upcoming weekend! We typically start our babies on cereal/oatmeal when they are around 4 months old then we gradually will add fruits and vegetables as they get older. She absolutely hates the oatmeal lol.

Work has gotten much easier. My mom watches Kensi most of the time. Dh switched jobs and schedules so he works 4 days a week and 12 hour shifts so he’s home 3 days out of the week with her so that helps a lot!

How’s work going for you?

Did you schedule surgery? What’s going on in early March? Have you been using opks or anything to help for these next few months?
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 am

Hi, Ckatta!

It’s nice to hear from you! Wow, six months already!!! Time just flies! What’s wrong with oatmeal? Is it the wrong texture or taste? :)

Seriously, death from flu??? Unbelievable!

Samu’s been back to daycare for a week now and he’s been doing really well. DH is also back to work. I think the month spent together did both of them good, but sadly DH didn’t learn a thing about housekeeping. I had housework on top of work to deal with, just like I do now. He’s having some health issues, so that might have played a part in his lack of attention in that area.

I think I’m on DPO9-ish now, but I haven’t been temping or doing OPKs at all, I’m just going by general sex drive changes and CM findings. And O pain.

I have an appointment for March 9th to discuss my options (unless pregnant by that point), and I’m hoping that they’ willing to try to save the ovaries. The pain is too much to handle almost each month, and I’d like to avoid hormone treatments for as long as possible.

Work is... work. :) Some days are okay, most are stressful for some reason. The last blow came on Wednesday when I was told that I will have to reapply for the job I am currently doing. Someone higher up had decided to reopen all the non-permanent posts. I am still reeling from that one...

I’m glad to hear that work is easier now and that your mom and DH can look after Kensi so much! That must feel nice! :)

Have a good weekend!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 39, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
TTC#2 since November, 2017
:bfp: on April 13th, 2018, EDD December 18, 2018, MMC @7w4d
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Just an update: POAS early this morning, and it’s a BFN. Expecting AF today or tomorrow.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:23 am

Hi :)

I think it’s just that the oatmeal is New and she might , maturity wise, not quite be ready but he wanted her started to see if she’d sleep any better. She doesn’t necessarily love it but she eats it. The oatmeal and fvwcrice cereal for babies is extremely bland and kinda yucky lol.

My Dh has switched his schedule around so he’s home more and he’s not great about housework either, it’s rather frustrating. He just doesn’t seem to understand that I need the help I guess.

I hope all is okay with your Dh and it’s nothing serious going on with his health.

I’m so sorry you’re rushed for time and in pain each month. I hope that you get the best possible outcome for all of it! But extra fx’d For a bfp before you really have to choose.

Are you going to reapply? Maybe you’ll get brought on permanently before that happens?

Any update on af?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 am

Hi!

That is such a tall tale about solid foods bringing better sleep, ha! It usually makes things worse... I hope that’s not the case with Kensi! :)

I guess DHs not getting the fact that we need help with the kids and the housework is pretty universal, huh?

We’ll know more in a month about DH’s health, but this week has been pretty bad for me because I’ve had to do all the heavy lifting, both literally and figuratively, because he had a biopsy taken on Monday and should not lift anything heavier than around ten pounds for a week or so. So, basically just about everything’s been left for me to handle.

AF came for Valentines, but luckily it’s not as painful as it was last month. I guess we have one more try before my appointment in early March. Not feeling very optimistic, but we’ll give it a go.

As for the job, they won’t take me on permanently for now at least, but I’m going to apply for my job anyway.

Have a great weekend! :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi! :hi:

Decided to give you an update: have had pretty bad pre-O pains for three days, have managed to BD twice so far, but have also had to medicate with ibuprofen which can hamper ovulation and/or conception... Keeping my fingers crossed, since I’m pretty sure they’re going to want to do surgery once the size of the cysts is re-evaluated...

The little one is going through a pretty major Mommy phase, which means he’s super clingy when we’re at home.

I hope you’re doing well! :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:51 am

Hi!

Kensi hates all of the food she’s tried. He took her off the cereal and said to try fruits and veggies so we have been but she does not enjoy them. I am wondering if it’s because it’s New or because maybe she’s just not quite ready.

My Dh definitely gets it he just doesn’t really decide to chip in and help much which is ridiculous with his new schedule leaving him home 3 days a week with the baby.

I hope you get good results on your dh’s Biopsy. Lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Hopefully the pains indicated a good ovulation and those bd’s Do the trick!! Fx’d and tons of baby dust!!

How’s work and everything else going?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 am

Hi!

I guess it is possible that she’s not ready for solids yet. I hope she gets used to eating soon! Which vegetables have you already tried? :)

My DH sort of chips in sometimes, but I still have to tell him what to do around the house. It’s frustrating!

I am now waiting for surgery in September! We decided to put me on the list because the pains are unbearable when they come, and they come so often now. I was told to lose weight and to try for a baby in the meantime.

Work is kind of... blah. I sleep so badly that I just don’t have the energy to get excited about it.

How are you doing?
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:44 am

Morning!

Surgery in September still gives you a good chunk of time to keep trying! Is Dh on board with ttc for the next little while? Are you going to start temping, opks or anything to help?

I stopped buying the store foods and I made her foods myself. I have made her sweet potatoes and bananas, I will expand once she gets better about eating. She’s actually doing much better on the real food I made for her, I think they aren’t as sweet as the premade store bought stuff. I’d rather make her good quality food that I know I made her that’s not filled with extra additives anyways.

How is Samu?
We are getting set up for an evaluation for occupational therapy and physical therapy for Kensi, the hope is that with early intervention we can get her caught up with the first few years of life.
She’s getting her two bottom teeth, they are so close to coming through. Teething has definitely thrown a wrench in sleeping patterns. It’s exhausting lol.

Otherwise life is work and home. We are getting ready for spring sports to start. I enjoy going and can’t wait to start getting rid of winter and start spring and sports!

Have a great weekend!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:46 am

Hi!

Yes, DH is on board with TTC until September! I wonder if my breastfeeding Samu is causing all the bfns I keep getting. It doesn’t look like he’s going to quit anytime soon, though.

I am CD6 today, AF is leaving. I seriously doubt that using OPKs is wise because I don’t have the time for that now, and O has been pretty obvious lately. There was a functional cyst in the right ovary at my doctor’s appointment last week, and everything indicated that I had ovulated. Taking the BBT also seems like a bad idea, because most nights I don’t get the recommended three hours of uninterrupted sleep before I get up. :)

I don’t know if I’ll get a batch of OPKs while ordering some ICs, since I ran out of pregnancy tests this last cycle. I think I will give my body one more chance without any extra TTC help and then think of OPKs etc. if this no stress (ha!) approach doesn’t work. :)

It’s good to hear that she’s liking the home made food better than the store bought ones! Good luck with teething! :) It is such a pain! We are still waiting for Samu’s last molars to come through. He’s been drooling a lot but nothing seems to be coming through just yet.

I feel you on the waiting for spring! We have been having both cold and sunny weather, and grey skies and more snow... I just want it to be summer already!

Life is the same here, work and home, and that’s just about it. I’m getting fed up with work, though. For some reason I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to.

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 am

Morning!

I’m so glad to hear Dh is on board too!! Idk about breastfeeding and ttc, that’s a great question to ask the dr. ive got everything crossed for you guys! Maybe over summer break you’ll be a tad less busy, less stressed and resell be just what you need to get that bfp!

When are you guys done with your school year?

Teething really has been rough, it’s really affecting sleep. I am so exhausted she’s up 5-6 times a night. I hope it doesn’t become habit. 1 tooth has pushed through just waiting on the second one then hopefully she’ll get some relief!

Back to work, I hate Monday’s lol. I don’t enjoy work anymore either. I’d much rather be home with my kids. I think that’s what it is for me anyways.

Have a great week!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi!

I hope to get a bfp before the summer, but getting one in the first place is, of course, a priority. :) I bought some PreSeed to help us along, too. We’re also going with the SMEP method this month, since it produced such good results with the first pregnancy. :)

We’re done with the school year in early June, so I have less than three months of work left. Right now I have a lot of grading to do, and next week is no better. It’s going to be a hectic spring!

In addition to that, it seems that Samu’s second birthday is going to be a big thing, so I should also be planning for it, too.

I hope you’re getting some sleep by now, and Kensi is done teething for a while. Samu always gets a set of four at a time, so cutting his last set of molars will probably be a painful event for all of us.

Have a great weekend!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:34 am

Hi!

We used preseed, a little went a long way! I hope that the smep plan and the preseed produce great results this time, Fx!!

We are done with school at the end of June. I can’t wait for summer break lol. We are on a spring break starting today. We take a week in February then usually Easter week, Easter is on Sunday. Do you guys take breaks from the school year?

Gosh I can’t believe his second birthday is already coming up so soon. It’s so crazy how fast it’s going! Does he enjoy his daycare?

She finally just had the second bottom front tooth break through the gums, it took awhile for that one to come. She’s been pretty grumpy. Hopefully this is it for a little while, poor kiddo.

I hope your weekend is good and you don’t have to work too much on getting all the grading done.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:39 am

Hi! And Happy Easter! :)

We didn’t get a perfect SMEP in place, but I think it was overall a good try this month. FX there are good results, too.

We have several breaks during the school year, mostly due to national holidays: a week in the fall, usually in October, then about two weeks for Christmas and New Years, a spring break in late February-early March, the the Easter weekend, a day off for May Day, and a Thursday (and possibly the following Friday) off in May. Most of these have a religious basis, but are not exactly celebrated as such in many families.

Samu does enjoy the daycare, and he has a couple of kindergarten teachers (I’m sure that’s not the correct name for them but can’t come up with a better one right now) he loves a lot. There’s one neither one of us particularly likes, but she’s okay, too.

We had a mini holiday just now, packed up the car and went away for an overnight stay in a city north of us, the hotel was really nice! I would love to have such a nice bed at home, too. I seriously fell in love with it. :)

I feel a bit under the weather, so I’m not sure how much work I can get done over the weekend. None of the grading has a tight deadline but of course it would be nice to get things done before new stuff gets added to the pile.

I hope Kensi’s teeth are giving her and you a reprieve for the next little while! I assume you can give her pain medication for the nighttime, and cool foods to eat during the day? Frozen breastmilk popsicles seem to be the way to go in many families. :)

Enjoy the Easter weekend!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:54 am

Morning :)

I love the breaks In the year. It’s so nice to be home with my kids. We’ve all unfortunately been a little under the weather but even still it was a nice break off.

I’m so glad you guys packed up and got away for a night! What did you guys do in the city? We took off for a day trip (not far from home) and took our kids to a huge gaming/arcade place to play, they had a blast.

How are you feeling, any better?? I hope you can get your grading done so you don’t have too much at one time.

Kensi has gotten those two through finally! She bit my cheek and my nipple yesterday. Did Samu ever bite you?

You don’t have to have a perfect smep as long as you got some bd’s in you should be good! I’ve got everything crossed for you, I’m so hopeful for you!!

Unfortunately it’s back to work/school on Monday. I’ve got to head to the store for lunch foods for the kiddos to pack. Enjoy your weekend!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups