TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:53 am

Hi!

Wow, that's a lot of sports! I hope it'll be nice and cool for the final game! Good luck to the team! Things will probably turn more hectic, isn't school starting soon? :) And AF can go somewhere else, she's not needed in this thread. :)

Yes, Samu wakes up very easily when I take out the nipple and/or try to move him (gently) somewhere else. I was able to get him to sleep in the afternoon when he woke up while I was laying him down in the stroller, but he didn't sleep for very long, maybe only about 40 minutes total (20 in my arms and 20 in the stroller). Then DH got home and the next nap time didn't take place when it should have, so he started crying and was hard to calm down. DH managed to, eventually, and got him to sleep, too.

So I'm trying to enjoy the peace and quiet, lying down. :)

No plans for the weekend except maybe going to see what kind of closets we are going to get for the new house. We need to pick what kinds of sliding doors we want for the master bedroom wardrobe.

Have a great day!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:09 am

Morning Wakasa!

It was so hot at the game but it was a good game and we won the championship so it was worth, my son is so happy lol.

It's crazy he sleeps so lightly, too bad. If you could move him you'd have more free time and he'd probably get better rest. I loved that time with my kids, when they'd sleep in my arms so peaceful and perfect :) before you know it he will be 6 or 11 and mouthy like mine haha

We don't have plans either, dh has to work all weekend again. I can't wait until he gets a better job and gets out of there! I get that he's the boss and they need to work more than anyone else but it seems non stop and he's so miserable there, they don't treat their employees well at all and they don't really care to either. There's other supervisors along with my dh that are all looking to leave that plant, they will have nobody left. But that won't be our problem :)

I hope your Friday is fabulous!!!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:26 am

Afternoon! :)

Congratulations on the championship! That's wonderful! I bet he is happy!!! :) He should be!

That job sounds so horrible!!! I hope he'll find a better one soon! Is the plant abiding all the laws and regulations? I wonder... :(

Yes, he sleeps so lightly during the day it's ridiculous! So I have to stay as his mattress... I'm hoping he'll grow out of it soon. Usually it means that there's some crying involved in the evening when he's supposed to go to sleep for the night if his sleep has been light and interrupted during the day. But he really does sleep very well during the night. If he didn't, I'd already be a wreck... So there's the silver lining. ;)

Nah, nothing fabulous about this Friday... Haven't gotten out of the house yet and it's past 4 p.m. already.

I hope you'll have a great one, though. ;)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:56 am

Morning

I'm not sure if they are properly following all the appropriate regulations. Most likely but they just find a way to screw you in every other aspect! He's searching he will find something different it's only a matter of time.

For now just enjoy all the snuggles and love you get from him, I miss those days. They grow so fast it's crazy. At least he sleeps at night, you are rested and not run down exhausted all the time!! How's everything going with his tummy, nothing getting worse?

Dh has to work all weekend so the kids and I will just hang out. I'll probably clean and they will make messes hsha ;) the weather is supposed to cool down a bit this weekend so that'll be a nice break from the humid hot weather wee been having and we got a little rain yesterday!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:42 am

Afternoon! :)

How was your weekend? Nice, I hope! Did the weather cool down at all? I'm glad you got some rain! And I'm sure your DH will find better employment!

AFM, it was nice to have DH at home and helping out! And yes, I do enjoy the snuggles, but getting stranded on the couch for hours on end is still a bit too much. I ordered a hybrid carrier sling/ baby carrier (like a Manduca), hoping that I could get out of the house more often. Let's hope it arrives soon! :)

Samu's tummy is a teeny tiny bit better, he's not in pain as far as I can tell. I also started that strict diet this morning, I hope it helps.

That's all for now! Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:59 am

Hi :)

It cooled down for a couple days but it's hot again, not as hot as it was but it's warm. It's not too bad, I won't complain :) we are getting too close to fall to complain about warm weather, it's be freezing and snowing before I know it.

I hope the carrier helps!! I'm sure snuggles are nice but getting up and moving is too! Is that one that you wrap around your body so it holds him close to you??

So far how has the diet been on his tummy, have you noticed any improvement in the last few days??

Idk what's going on with my body but I am so cranky.. Idk if it's from not taking meds when my body is used to it or what but I'm over it! I had af for 2 days at the most and now I'm spotting daily, I don't get it.. Idk what's going on .. I go for my consult on Wednesday but I think he will want me to do a few more iui's before he discusses anything else with me. I think to be honest we are done with help, we may use the meds and monitoring but try naturally on our own, but for now we aren't going to use anything. I have no idea if I even ovulate on my own , I've spent the last 12 months on medications idk what my body knows how to do on its own. I'm hoping it adjusts back to normal..

Football/gymnastics and school shopping has been keeping us busy.. Im looking to take a job at the school on the bus routes as a monitor. Only a few hours in the morning and after school so it would be perfect, I have the afternoon to still come home and take care of my house and prep dinner!! I've been a stay at home mom since my daughter was little, it's a big change for me, scary almost but we could use the money and I think I'll feel good getting out and earning a paycheck.. Are you going to go back to work when your leave is up?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:50 am

Hi!

I'm glad it's still summery there! :) Schools are starting here this week, and the weather is cooler but mostly sunny - perfect from a teacher's point of view. Were it really hot, the days would be a pain inside a classroom.

It feels kind of funny/odd, school starting without me.

That potential job of yours sounds good - enough time at home and still getting a paycheck. Go for it! :) I don't think I'll be going back to work before next August (if I have a job then) because I hear babies usually have a hard time with separation anxiety at around nine months of age, and that's when my leave ends. But I have a few months to think about it and make a decision before I have to inform the school about what I'm going to do.

I'm sure your body will find its normal once you're off the meds for a while! Good luck with this cycle! Did you take a test, btw? Some ladies spot at the beginning of a pregnancy. ;)

I've only been on the diet since Monday morning, so I'm not expecting any improvement yet. I think he's pooping a little less, but I'm not sure. The days seem to blend in with one another, you know? I've been reading up on the blood in poop symptom, and it seems babies can have that if they have diarrea and the stuff comes out with a lot of force. I'm trying not to panic because there's not a lot of it and he seems like his normal, happy self (although a but clingy) and only cries when he gets scared or is too tired.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, to check up on the ovarian cysts. They're the same size as always, and the doc told me it would be wise to wait until I've decided on how many kids I want and when I'm officially past the childbearing age before the cysts and my ovaries are removed. Apparently my ovaries will most likely grow more cysts if they're left inside.

I think I'd like to keep my ovaries and not have to take hormones for the rest of my life... :roll:

The doc also mentioned my weight as a negative thing (I'm currently at the weight I was when we conceived) and completely ignored the fact that I'd already lost a lot of it before getting pregnant.

Doctors are frustrating people. :D

I hope your consult goes well!!!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:12 am

And yes, the baby carrier was one where there were long belts going around me and the baby. It arrived and made me order a front and back carrier, a backpack kind of thing. ;)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:11 am

Hi!!

I never knew all this month by month stuff that you know about babies, it's very interesting!! I'm sure it does feel odd to have school starting without you when you're used to being there every year!! While they are at school you'll be enjoying your previous baby :)

My RE had me get bloods taken yesterday to check hcg/progesterone. I'm positive I'm not pregnant but he's firm in saying that the meds should not be affecting me in this way that I should have just gone right back to normal, as much as I respect him I disagree!

You've called the dr about it, you're doing all the right things! Is he still having blood im when he's pooping?? I wouldn't think that would still be from the shot ?? Don't panic you can always take him for a check up :)

Do you plan to have more children? I know you've just recovered from having Samu but wasnt sure if you'd thought about more kids. They don't want to remove the cysts just to help the ovaries function at their best? Ugh always a focus on weight, I get it too!! It's frustrating!

I went for a consult with my RE yesterday. I really like him, he's so calming and reassuring. But he basically left the ball in our court. He said we'd have a 65% chance at success with Ivf, 15-20% with iui/Injectibles, and 5% on our own naturally... He isn't pushing us into Ivf he wants me to do 2 more iui rounds but gave us lots of options.. Iui with injections, natural cycles for awhile he 100% agreed with us taking a break, injections with timed intercourse, or he said he would do femara with timed intercourse unmonitored. He gave me slips to check my progesterone locally to in fact see if I can and do o on my own, if I do he was okay with us trying on our own until we were ready to go back to more aggressive treatment then said to come back and we'd pick up where we left off. But dh and I are in agreement that we need a break, we will see what happens and how we both feel in the next few months. My RE made it clear not to give up but to use opks and time intercourse on our break, so that's what we will do.

Enjoy your Thursday! Dh works all weekend again, his boss is such a jerk.. :(
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:16 am

Hi!

How did your bloodwork turn out? :) Can I already congratulate you? ;) And of course the doc lets you do what you want, it's your body and your life! :)

There's still some blood (there hasn't been a lot to begin with) but since there's no evidence of him suffering because of it, we're waiting for his nurse checkup next Tuesday. He's still a pretty happy baby.

As for having more children, I haven't decided. I'm supposed to wait a year before getting pregnant anyway since I delivered by c-section... So there's time to think about it. And get my libido back.

Try to enjoy your weekend even with your DH working! I'm so glad mine has the next two weeks off - maybe it'll feel like a holiday for me, too. :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:51 am

Morning!!

They surprisingly never called me with my results!! I did out of curiosity take a hpt and it was negative and so was my opk, so the only possible explanation is that my body is adjusting to not being on meds this cycle. I'm sure it's a shock for it after a year of non stop FSH meds.

Maybe on Tuesday they can clear it all up and figure out what's going on with Samu! I hope anyways!! I can imagine how big he is getting!! Time is passing so fast

You've definitely got time to think about it! Your libido should return, between having a baby, the infection you had, the stuff going on with samu's tummy it seems fairly acceptable that you're not in the mood!

Is your dh on vacation for two weeks?? It will feel like vacation for you too, it always does for me when my dh is off work for vacation or holidays. Any plans while your dh is home?

How's your house building coming along? are they close to getting it done?? That'll be so nice once it's done!!

My opk has a barely visible line so I'm guessing I'm gonna go back to a long unpredictable cycle with a really late o being off meds! I had hoped it would straighten itself out but I guess not.

Enjoy your Saturday!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:12 am

Hi!

I hope you had a great weekend! :)

Wow, it's amazing how they'd not call you with information like that!!! How far along are you in your cycle again? When's af due? Feeling like yourself again?

Yes, DH is off for vacation. One week of summer holiday and a week of paternity leave that he left unused when Samu was born. We'll stay at home until Friday and then we'll go stay at a summer cottage for a week. After that I'm taking Samu to visit my mom for a week. He really hates traveling in a car, so I think we'll go by train. It takes a lot less time that way, too.

The house (to me) seems to be at a stand still because not a lot has been happening lately. I think the only visible thing has been the fireplace/wood burning oven installation. It's still waiting on the flooring to be installed as well as the kitchen cabinets, etc. I think it's been drying out the moisture for the past month or so, LOL.

Happy BDing! ;) As long as you do it EOD until darker OPKs, you should be covered.

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:54 am

Hi!

I had a low key weekend, which was nice and definitely needed! How was yours!? Enjoying your dh being home?

They still have not called me, I know I'm not pregnant but I'm shocked they never called. I'm cd 13 I think, I skipped the weekend with opks but decided to take one last night, there's progress on it but not close to positive. Idk when af will come I'm assuming I will go back to long unpredictable cycles :(

You've got a lot of vacation/traveling coming up!! Enjoy yourself!!! Maybe you'll find your libido on a romantic cottage night :) my kids when really small didn't love the car either, my daughter would non stop scream. I hope he's better than she was!

How's your wound?? How's samu's tummy?

Getting dh to bd EOD is impossible!! So it's sporadic until the opks start getting darker then I'll try to ensure EOD but he wares out with bd-ing, low sex drive and he's exhausted with working so much, it makes it tough.

A wood burning oven!?!? Is that typical ?? Is that how you normally cook? Sorry lol im interested. I love hearing the differences in things between us, I find it interesting.

Sports have slowed down, it's been nice to finally have some down time at home to prep for school and take care of the house. We are ripping up our carpet and exposing the original hardwood floors, we will have them redone and I think they'll be beautiful and add charm to our house!

Have a great day!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:28 am

Hi!

I'm glad you had a good weekend! :) I think mine was good, too, though I can't remember what we did because every day seems like any other... ;) It is nice having DH home, I got to sleep in today for an extra hour because I'd been up a few times. Gone are the days when our boy slept soundly through the night... And it's nice to get to shower in peace, and not wonder if I should be hurrying up. :)

I hope your cycles will regulate themselves if you're not pregnant. And getting as many BDs in as possible is what you need to do, but it really just takes that one sperm to get a baby on the way. I'm sure you'll get enough even if it's sporadic. Good luck with it!

Wow, that's another difference between our countries - here we really don't have carpeting, just hardwood floors and area rugs. And no, the fireplace and woodburning oven is nor all that typical, but some people have them. I wanted one because that way I can cook and keep the house warm even if there's a power outage... And the pizza you can cook with that oven is amazing! Flatbread, too. (The oven is placed on top of the fireplace.) And I want to learn to make this special bread that you can only bake with the oven, and my mom will teach me. :)

My wound is no longer a problem, the skin is slowly growing back. :) Samu's poop is still green and there's a speck of blood in it each day, but they still say it's a normal if not a common side effect of the rotavirus shot. We had the nurse's appointment today, and opted out of getting the booster shot now (maybe when he's 4 months old and if his tummy is any better) but had the two other, injectable (ouch! the boy sure did cry!) shots you get at 3 months. His weight gain has evened out (it's still good but not as awesome as it was before) and he's growing well. I hope he won't get a fever from today's shots.

He really hates the car seat / driving, so we need to figure out how we'll manage the 1.5-hour drive to the cottage... Maybe aiming for his nap time? And hoping he'll sleep? :) It's been getting harder and harder to get him to fall asleep, the boob works only half the time. I have had some good results from holding him in my arms, swaying around and singing a lullaby. But he's not one of those babies you can just lay to bed and pat on the back...

Have a great day!!!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:34 am

Hi!

Extra sleep, peaceful showers, sounds like you're dh is helping out quite a bit! It's crazy how we as new mothers forget how nice it is to take a shower in peace and all alone lol..

My labs were posted but they never called, definitely not pregnant! My opks are getting darker but still negative. Slow and steady I guess.. I had hoped I'd regulate to a normal cycle but looks like it's gonna go back to being long and unpredictable..

A lot of people here have area rugs and hardwoods, our house is an older so we are updating! But most people do the hardwood now. Carpet is so nasty lol. That sounds so interesting!! I would love to have a fireplace and cook yummy pizza on it especially on cold winter nights!! Sounds like you made a good choice with having that put in!!

How did Samu do with all the shots he had to get, did he get a fever?? Poor boy :( were they okay that you skipped the booster or did they give you grief about it??

When are you taking off to go to the cottage?? Enjoy your time away :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups