TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi!

My Dh is out with his friends too. I am rather annoyed bc he's worked like crazy we've hardly seen him all week, he worked today too then left to go out when there's so much yard/house work that needs to be done. I hope your Dh honors his promise to you! I dont think I'd like my Dh gone for the weekend, I'd probably give him s**t about it lol.

It is a relief knowing gender, now I can shop :) if feels more real now, I know that's silly to think that way but I'm definitely happy to know! The kids are excited for a sister (my daughter more so than my son lol) gender didn't really matter to me as long as she's healthy!!

I wasn't overly concerned when you said bow legs, not unless it's at a point where it's hindering him then I'd be concerned. i hope they figure out his allergies so that can get straightened out quickly!!

Temper tantrums.... I dislike those lol.. my kids still throw them when they don't get what they want haha they are 7 and 12 . Are those new for him??

The weather has been nice here too now that the rain finally let up! I hope you're enjoying your nice warmer weather, we sure have been. It makes sports so much more enjoyable when we aren't freezing sitting out there watching lol.

Enjoy your weekend!! :)
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 11
DS 6
TTC #3 since August 2012

Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi!

Yeah, we had words after he came back. I think he sort of realizes how hard it is for me to be needed 24/7 without getting any breaks. Luckily this weekend is a long one, Thursday was a national holiday and DH had Friday off so he's been around the house more. I had a night off on Friday, went out with other moms from the baby group, we went bowling and had dinner at a 50's themed bowling alley/restaurant. And we went out to a pub for drinks afterwards. I had two drinks well spaced apart, wow!

It was nice to get a break, but I ended up coming home pretty early because DH sent me a message saying Samu was crying his heart out for me at bedtime. He was asleep when I got home, though.

The temper tantrums aren't a new thing but they're more frequent now. Yeah, I dislike them, too, lol. But I guess they're a part of the process. :)

Are you going all out on all things girl with the baby items or opting for more neutral colors and themes? :) If the long list of items seems too daunting, opt for the bare necessities first and get the rest later as the need arises. ;)

Have a great weekend!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:47 am

Hi! How was your long weekend?

I'm glad you talked with him after he got back home! Sometimes they need a reminder on how much work a baby really is. You got a night out, how awesome!!! DId you enjoy yourself? My kids are the same way when I'm gone at bedtime, it throws off normal routines. I'm glad they got it figured out and he was asleep when you got home!

We haven't really bought anything yet. But we will probably do mostly girl items. I really should get moving on buying stuff lol. I'm going to do just that, I'll get necessities and I'll figure out the rest as I go. There's so many new items out that it really does seem daunting.

When do you go back to work? Are you ready?

HAVE a great week!!
Married since July 2012

DD 11
DS 6
TTC #3 since August 2012

Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:11 am

This was yesterday at 27 and 2.

Married since July 2012

DD 11
DS 6
TTC #3 since August 2012

Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:54 am

Hi!!!!
I'm sorry for not having been around these couple of weeks, time just flies by!

That is one seriously cute bump you got there, Ckatta!!! :hb:

How are you doing? Is the baby girl still hanging low? Are your kids still at school or did the summer holiday begin already?

I "got back to work" this week, which means I'll get paid during the summer, and real work starts in August, the 8th to be exact. It's a relief, financially, to be back at work, at least on paper. I'm not sure about the fall, though, if our nights are still as bad as they are now... I hope Samu will sleep better by then.

It was lovely going out on my own, but the abrupt ending was a bit of a letdown. I wonder if it's ever going to get better... It would be nice to have the other parent be able to get the kid in bed without crying, too...

It's finally summer here, most days are sunny and warm, and the yard is still all rubble and sand... :( So we don't go outside as much as we should. I hope our vacation in Greece will get us a week of going outside daily and make a routine that will stay routine at home, too. They're supposed to start building a playground near our house, but the wording of that bit of news was an ambiguous "during the summer", so it may take a while...

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:29 am

Hi!

Oh gosh don't apologize, I haven't been on much lately either. Everything is so busy right now. It's been crazy!

I'm doing okay. The hot weather is causing some swelling but other than that I'm good! My daughter was done school on Monday , my son and I are dont on Thursday of next week. Another week for us. Middle/high school get out earlier because they go back for their regents testing.

I'm glad everything worked out and you got back to work. Are you ready for August and the new school year? Do you have daycare set up for Samu? The money coming back in will be nice that's for sure.

Your yard will be a yard eventually. Building brand new is nice but so much work lol. Do you have a lot to clean up before you could plant grass? Our lawn is huge and so much maintenance that we spend all our extra time non stop mowing and running the weed whacker and we still can't keep up. It's way too much. It's nice for the kids but so much work for us and this year I have 0 energy to get it done.

I go to the ob today. It feels like it's been forever since I've gone lol.
Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend!
Married since July 2012

DD 11
DS 6
TTC #3 since August 2012

Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:24 am

Hi!

I'm glad to hear you are doing well! The week of work and school will be over before you even know it! Be sure to rest up as much as possible! And please let me know how your OB visits went. :)

I know about swelling, oh boy! We're in Greece right now for a week of vacation. It's crazy hot here!!!!

The hotel we're staying at is one of if not the best hotel in Crete, and we keep missing out on the fancy breakfast and dinner because Samu gets tired and very cranky easily (probably due to the heat )... The two dinners we've gone to (missed out on the first night here because he went to sleep super early) have basically ended before they've even started... The food is so delicious and it's a pain leaving a buffet before you get to taste all the things you'd like to. *sigh* The reason we've left early is his tantrums. They're getting worse.

We do have a big yard and there's a lot to do before you can put in any grass... I'm starting to think it won't be done until next year.

Talk to you later!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:59 am

Oh my gosh wakasa enjoy your vacation!! That's so amazing! I'm sure the heat is getting to Samu , I get cranky in the heat too lol. Eat as much of that delicious food as you can before he gets upset :)

Our pool/deck we put in last year isn't done and won't be this year either. Not with a baby coming and needing to buy so much stuff right now. It'll all just have to wait a few years. So I completely get things taking time (years lol) to get done. It'll all get done eventually, just takes time,

I start going to the ob every 2 weeks now until 36 weeks then I'll go weekly. I'm scheduled to deliver with the initial dr I met in the practice but I really like the other dr, I'm thinking of switching to have him deliver me. They said my swelling was normal and that her being so low is too, he said every pregnancy tends to carry lower and lower each time.

Enjoy your vacation wakasa!!
Married since July 2012

DD 11
DS 6
TTC #3 since August 2012

Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi!

How are you doing? I guess it makes sense that each pregnancy the baby lays lower but it doesn't make carrying the load any easier? It's good to hear that you get to see your ob more often now!

We had a good time, it turned out that the little one loves beach life and the pool! The last night we were there he suddenly was in no hurry to get out of having dinner, so we ended up waiting for him to finish eating and both of us got a second round of dessert, LOL. :D

It's been cold and rainy since we got back home, so we've mainly stayed inside this weekend. I hope tomorrow we'll get to go outside for at least a little while.

You know what? I ended up taking a HPT this morning, AF was due on Monday and the :af: hasn't shown up. It was a negative, and I was relieved. I have been toying around with the idea of a new baby but obviously now is not the time. Maybe it never will be. I can't imagine taking care of a toddler as energetic as Samu is and having a baby on top of that. I guess I'm figuring out if another child is a possibility at all.

Have a great weekend!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 am

Hi :)

I'm glad he and you guys got to enjoy your time away! Who doesn't love beach and pool life haha, I don't blame him I love it too! So overall you had a good vacation?

It's rainy and chilly here too. It had been extremely hot so the cool down is nice for a few days. Being so hot out makes sitting out watching my son play sports pretty miserable. We've finished baseball and soccer has started, our summer revolves around our kids sports lol. We went to the dr yesterday , our boy has sprained ligaments in his groin so he's pulled out of soccer for the week to heal up, he's so bummed but he needs to let the muscles and ligaments heal appropriately.

If you got pregnant you'd somehow just find a way to keep up with Samu and be pregnant or have a baby. We always find a way when we have to :) Samu needs a brother or sister lol ;)

Enjoy your week!!
Married since July 2012

DD 11
DS 6
TTC #3 since August 2012

Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups