TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 am

Hi! :)

I’m glad to hear that your bleeding has slowed but I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this. That’s amazing that they’re arent seeing a tear/puncture in the uterus!

As far as TTC goes you’ll know when you’re ready and when the time is right. You’ll get there and next time everything will probably go just as it should. I know it’s probably tough to even think of ttc again but the chances of going through what you just went through are probably not as likely to happen as a normal/full term pregnancy.

We have an online system where teachers enter grades and parents have access to get on and follow their kids grades. It also tells you what work they don’t turn in, Miss and the grade on every paper so we can help keep them on track. We also get a progress report every 5 weeks, her grades just happened to fall quickly and tve system alerted me but when I looked into it it was because it was the start of a new semester with fresh grades and they weren’t all put in but our middle/high school teachers do not usually notify us of these things it’s up to us to jump on the parent portal or to check the 5 week reports and get help.

I hope you are resting and feeling better every single day. Enjoy the weekend!!

I’m so glad to hear about your job opportunity, that’s great and a huge relief im sure! I had faith it would all work out one way or another!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi!

We also have a similar online system, but I would still be inclined to pick up the phone and call the parents if a student was suddenly failing. I guess it’s a different mentality, as well. :) Do you need to figure out how she won’t fail on your own or do you get suggestions from the school?

I still think I will take a break from TTC for this summer, and will reconsider it come fall. The chances of a sustainable, viable pregnancy are limited because of my age, that’s a fact. I think I need some time to recover and gain strength and courage to potentially go through this again. Also, the timing for a new pregnancy would be best if the due date was in the summer or early fall.

I decided to go and join the local mommas on an outing yesterday evening. We had a lovely dinner at a restaurant and stayed outside after dinner because the weather was nice. I was home a little after 9 p.m., though, so it wasn’t like I stayed up partying the whole night (some did). It was nice seeing them and talking about the things that are common to moms. :)

I have two weeks of work left before the summer holiday begins, and it seems they’re not full weeks, anyway. The schedule is different for the last weeks, and I have two sets of exams to grade, and decide what to give my students as final grades. And I need to go in for an interview for the available job at some point before school is out.

Have a great day!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 39, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
TTC#2 since November, 2017
:bfp: on April 13th, 2018, EDD December 18, 2018, MMC @7w4d
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:18 am

...just started bleeding beight red again, I wonder what is going on?! It’s been pinkish discharge for a few days now, it shouldn’t be changing back to bright red, should it?

I guess I need to call the hospital tomorrow.
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Wed May 23, 2018 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anayahill » Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 am

I hope you're right and there is no next cycle but if there is I'm 100% fine with not calling and starting a new cycle of meds. I'm really happy I've finally reached this point, it's taken a long time for me to be able to step back away from it.

Yea I just don't get what he's got going on with his little tummy. I hope you don't have to go to a bland diet, it really did suck lol. I hope it improves as he grows.
anayahill
Friend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:53 am

anayahill wrote:I hope you're right and there is no next cycle but if there is I'm 100% fine with not calling and starting a new cycle of meds. I'm really happy I've finally reached this point, it's taken a long time for me to be able to step back away from it.

Yea I just don't get what he's got going on with his little tummy. I hope you don't have to go to a bland diet, it really did suck lol. I hope it improves as he grows.

Hi, there! Any chance you replied to the wrong thread? :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 am

I remembered that the doctor said it might take 10 to 14 days of bleeding/spotting, so I decided to wait before calling the hospital about it.

It looks like the bleeding/spotting has stopped now... Hoping to get AF within the month and getting my regular cycles back.

I just did a bit of calculating, and it looks like October should be the earliest to start TTC again. So, I will be enjoying the summer with a glass of rosé every now and then, and will try to lose weight before starting with the whole thing again.

I hope you are having a good week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous