TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 am

Hi! Welcome back from vacation!! Too bad you were ill for part of it, that stinks! But I'm sure it was so good to see your family and visit!

I completely understand your anxiety about going back to work. I've not even had her and I'm already anxious about finding someone to watch her at such a young age, we only get 8 weeks paid leave for csection and 6 weeks for a vaginal delivery. Have you visited the daycare he's going to be attending to get a feel for it?

The dr told me to get a specific belly band to help low back issues so I did that and it has helped tremendously, thankfully!! I never knew sciatica could get so bad, I hope yours is never like that it was terrible. I can tolerate uncomfortable or annoying but that was excruciating for a few days.

My last appointment didn't go as I had hoped. I had an ultrasound to check her for growth bc I once again expressed my concern to my dr about my lack of weight gain which in all these months they never caught on to (which aggravates me) I brought it up before and he told me I was too early to worry about it. So my sono showed her measuring 4 weeks behind and weighing only 2lb12oz when she should be at least 4lbs. We have been diagnosed with SGA-small for gestational age, he claims she's just small but all my other sonos she measured on target for my gestation. So why all the sudden did her growth slow down??? So I'll happily point out again to them that she hasn't always been small and somewhere after my 19 week anatomy scan her growth slowed or stopped and I want to know why. I'm beginning to question the drs that I'm seeing, they've caught nothing even when I'm pointing it out to them. Just like they arent catching that all her other sonos were right on target. I go back for a repeat sono this Tuesday to check for growth, if she's grown they'll be happy if there's no growth or weight gain we will discuss what comes next. So I've been a wreck for 2 weeks trying to up my food intake and up my fruits/veggies to try to help her grow. I'm at a loss, I'm worried and just pray that there's growth and weight gain on Tuesday.

Enjoy the last of the week and your weekend!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:45 am

Hi!

Oh, Ckatta, I'm happy you got some help for the sciatica but so sorry to hear the baby isn't growing as she should AND that the doctor doesn't seem to be doing everything he should at this point! Has he scheduled any tests to see if your placenta is working well, etc.? I believe SGA babies are very closely monitored here. Did they rule out a technical error?

Try to enjoy your weekend! Tuesday will be here soon!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:37 am

Hi wakasa

No tests have been scheduled other than an ultrasound on Tuesday to check for growth. They said in the two week span of my appointments she should have grown/put on weight. I guess this next ultrasound will tell us more. He said my placenta "looked good" , she measured it and took a lot of pics of it during the last scan. They didn't rule out anything, they didn't look into it any further they just said she's small and will likely be less than 6 lbs at birth but what I'm getting pissed about is the fact that she wasn't always small she was measuring within days at all my other scans, if they'd just look at the records they'd see that. As of right now I'm just really disappointed in my care/drs office. I'm going to push on Tuesday for more answers and more digging if there are no answers to get them.
Every scary or worst thought anyone in this situation could have I've already had. It's been a mentally exhausting two weeks. I feel like my drs won't figure it out then I'm gonna have to. I'm trying my hardest to research why and if there's ways I can help her grow better. I'm really coming up with nothing. I'm praying that in these last few weeks she just packs on the weight and gains like crazy... I hope that she's mature even if small bc our only capable children's hospital is over an hour away from where I'll deliver..

So many thoughts going through my mind.. I pray for good growth or weight gain on Tuesday...
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:09 am

Hi!

I totally understand the anxiety, I'd be a nervous wreck, too. It seems medical care is so very different there in the States, you'd be closely monitored if you were here. What I read up on SGA babies made me believe most are just perfect but smaller, and I would focus on that if I were in your situation. But, yeah, I'd totally give the doc's office hell if they were treating me that way.

Try to focus on one thing at a time and try not to worry. I know, it's easier said than done! :hb:
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:49 am

I'm definitely being monitored but I'm not sure if it's good enough.. maybe I'm more worried than I need to be??? Idk... we go for our scan tomorrow mid morning 10 or 1030 with an appointment right after so I'm just really praying she's put on some weight... maybe these last 5 weeks is when she'll pack it on, at least I'm hoping..

Today I'm 5 weeks away from csection day... it's scary, nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time. I keep telling my Dh that I wish I'd start nesting so my house would be spotless haha..

When do you go back to work?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:53 am

I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you! Samu really put on the pounds during the last five weeks, although he'd already developed earlier on. Let me know how it goes!

I go back August 8th, school starts August 10th. Just got a peek of my schedule, and it looks like it's a good start: a very short day on Monday, Tuesdays off, full schedule on Wed and Thu, and a very short day on Fridays. Some other schedule is going to be hell, but having a light start sounds good.

Next week I'll go daily to the daycare with Samu, to help him acclimate. We already visited once and he seemed to like it.

Have a great, anxiety-relieving week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi wakasa.

Your schedule sounds awesome! I didn't realize you guys didn't go to school daily, our teachers have set specific schedules for each quarter but they don't get any days off other than weekends. That's pretty neat!

I'm glad you get to go with Samu next week to daycare , I'm sure that'll make his transition much easier! You'll probably feel better about it too.

So... she gained 6 ounces in 2 weeks, she's weighing 3lb2oz but she's now measuring 5 weeks behind bc she's just not gaining enough. My dr today told me it's IUGR - intrauterine growth restriction, so I now go for non stress tests 2x a week, the dr weekly, I had to have a Doppler done of her cord to make sure the blood is only flowing to her and not back to the placenta, if it is going back to the placenta that's not good, I'm waiting on those results. I have been referred to drive up to the children's hospital over an hour away for a consult to see what they say and where they want me to deliver depending on how severe our issue is (with my normal dr or in the children's hospital) he doesn't want to deliver her and then have her transported up to the children's facility. He wants me delivered by 37 week most likely, I'm 34w3d now so that's in about 2.5 weeks. He said from what they can see her organs are at the maturity of my gestational age, the only concern is lungs not being completely ready. So right now I'm kinda still up in the air until I get all my results and go to the consult at the children's hospital.

My head is just reeling with all of this. I'm not at all prepared, I need to get shopping, cleaning and preparing but then on the other hand if I have to deliver at the children's hospital it's bc she will be in the NICU and won't be able to come home with us. So I need to prepare just in case bc it looks like I'll most likely be delivered within in a few weeks.

Enjoy your evening :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Oh, Ckatta :hb:

I'm glad to hear she has gained weight but so sorry she's not gaining enough. I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. :hugs: It seems like you're going to have some rough time ahead of you. If I can offer some advice, do only what you really need and let the rest of it go. You're in my thoughts. :hb:

About my schedule: it's not that common having a day off like that, this is probably the second time I've had one in one of five schedules for the school year in all the twelve or thirteen years I've been teaching. It can only happen if the schedule is light to begin with and the other days have a heavier schedule. I'm actually not pleased because it means that two days of the week are long and demanding, not just for me but the baby, too.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi!

We had our appointment with the children's hospital today. It was a long exhausting day. They scanned her again to thoroughly go over her, their equipment was much better than the stuff that's here in our small hospital. They got an estimated weight of 3lb11oz which I like better than 3lb2oz, we saw her "breathing", everything looked good. Our non stress test was passed with flying colors. They found/saw no deformities, my fluid is really good, and she's active. They were very blunt and honest.. I'm a confusing case, they are unsure as to why her growth slowed tremendously in the second half of pregnancy. He said there's a reason, he's got a lot of puzzle pieces and said the final/missing piece will present itself and he will figure out what's going on. He said there's a lot of reasons this could happen he just doesn't know what my reason is yet. So I will be seen at the perinatal center weekly for a scan and NST until delivery which will be up at the children's hospital. She's definitely going to be small and he wants her at the best place for her just in case she needs specialized care (which we completely agree with) . I will still see my ob weekly, I will still go to 1 NST at the local hospital and I'll see the high risk center for the growth scan and NST weekly as well. They are going week to week and will deliver when it's necessary or when I reach 39 weeks.
We got a lot of info today but it's a relief to hear them say she's not showing signs of distress thankfully but what's lurking in my mind now is what is the issue causing this, I am really nervous about that. Still not in the clear but definitely on high alert waiting for this missing piece to present itself..
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:25 am

Hi!

I'm relieved to hear that everything looked good, that is good news! To me, it sounds good that you're being monitored weekly. Delivering at the children's hospital also sounds like the best move since she is small. If you can, focus on daily things and try not to worry too much (I know it seems silly of me to even suggest that!). Whatever the reason for her being so small is, I doubt it's something you could fix. And wanting to fix things is the most natural thing you could want to be doing. I wish you all the strength you'll need in the coming weeks.

It seems silly of me to worry about returning to work when you're going through such an ordeal, so I'll shut up about it. :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello

It's not silly of you to be worried about going back to work! It's definitely a struggle and you being worried/nervous about it is completely understandable. How was daycare today with Samu?

They are monitoring much more closely now. Between my normal ob and the perinatal center weekly I'm confident that if anything were to change it'd be caught fairly fast. I bought basic necessities that I didn't have for hospital bags and my kids bags just to get ready. I'm sure everything will be okay and we'll carry until 39 weeks but he said to be prepared every week just incase so that's what I spent the weekend doing. I just need to get a car seat/stroller combo and I think we are covered with basic necessities to get through.

are you all prepped and ready for the start of school?? I'm already nervous about going back, we only get 8 weeks off here. Those 8 weeks will fly by unfortunately.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:59 am

Hi!

I firmly believe that basic necessities will go a long way for a while! Have you given any thought to breastfeeding and its possible difficulties? If at all possible, look into finding a La Leche League support person or some sources of information on how to BF a tiny baby. That's not to say that you'll have any problems but just to make sure if there's anything to help it along.

I'm so unprepared it's ridiculous! I just seem to be stressing out and not focusing on what needs to be done. Our sleep schedule is out of whack, I haven't located my supplies or gotten a new day planner, etc. I don't have all the things Samu needs for daycare, either.

We ended up going today as the first day of visiting because I was told first of August would be the day most daycare nannies (that's not the right word, I'm sure) would start working... We visited from around ten to noon, and there were only substitute nannies present... I was told one nanny who'll be a permanent worker will start on Monday the 7th, so it feels kind of funny going there because the permanent staff isn't there. But we're doing it for Samu's sake so that he gets acquainted with the place and other kids. We'll go there daily from now on.

Please let me know how you're doing. :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:42 am

Hi!!

I think the basics will get us far too. I just grabbed a small pack of diapers because I'm not really sure what size she'll be in (premie or newborn) and a small pack of wipes. That stuff is easy enough to run in and grab big boxes of when we know more About weight. They staff breastfeeding "experts" st the children's hospital so I will have someone that will be in to talk to me about it and if anything comes up they will help, but at home I don't know that we have anything like that around us. Definitely something to look into.

I do the same thing.. I stress and get nervous but in the last minute get it all figured out and grab everything you need. You'll end up prepared before you go back. Same with the stuff for daycare, you'll end up with everything before the day comes, even if it's the night before lol.

It kinda stinks that you don't get to meet and watch the permanent staff interact with Samu but at least he'll be familiar with his surroundings. How has the visiting gone the rest of this week so far?

We go up to the children's hospital (perinatal center) for our weekly appointment tomorrow-Friday. We should know more. By my scale I've lost weight so I have no idea what theirs is going to show, I'm a little nervous.

Any fun weekend plans?? We have a wedding to attend but nothing else, I can't wait to just stay home with no plans lol.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:06 am

Hello!

I'm so glad to hear that they have experts in house for breastfeeding! That's so good! Ask for all the help you may need, that's why they're there for!

I would think the tiny diapers are the most important thing, likely you'll be having your daughter in your arms, skin to skin as much as possible since it helps regulate the heartbeat and breathing and all those things (and help stimulate breastfeeding as well) in the beginning. Here they call it kangaroo treatment. :)

Remember that home scales are very inaccurate, so your weight may be just in target and hers, too. Try not to stress out about it. Weight for adults tends to fluctuate daily, anyway.

Have fun at the wedding! I have a highlits and cut hair appointment to look forward to on Saturday morning. No other plans, though.

I got some items off from my list yesterday, my daily planner, a clothes marker and clothes for Samu, etc. but there's still a lot to do. I had a rough night last night, so our daycare visit today will take place in the afternoon.

Talk to you later!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:04 am

I'm really hoping that her weight is big enough that I won't have any issues, if there are I'm sure they will supplement with formula if they have to until we can get it figured out.

I pray that you're right and I can give her the kangaroo treatment. I hope that she's not too small and needs to be in the NICU where I won't have as much access to her :(

Weight definitely fluctuates, I just keep trying to watch it to keep tabs on myself. I started doing it awhile ago when they blew off my concerns of no actual gain. Theirs are different numbers but are always within ounces of the last weight when I go. I hope that if I show a gain that it's all going to her.

I love getting my hair done! Enjoy a little you time!

We have our appointment today. It makes a long day, it's just over an hour drive each way and the appointments there are usually a few hours but it's so worth it to make sure she's doing okay! Just makes for a long tiring day!!

Enjoy your weekend!! :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups