TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi!

How did it go???
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi :)

We passed our NST which was a relief because Tuesday's was questionable. They said she was "non reactive" for over an hour so having this one be good right away was a relief. They did not do new measurements he said her growth would likely be so small that it would be hard to actually tell so they will remeasure on Thursday when we go back. I'm so curious to know what she's put on.

How was your hair appointment??
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 am

Hi!

I'm glad to hear you passed the non stress test! I wonder what "non reactive" means? Sleeping or something else? FX for sufficient growth on Thursday!

The hair appointment was nice for the fact that I was able to sit and read and talk for two hours without being interrupted, LOL. But I'm not sure I like the hairdo it got me. It wasn't my usual hairdresser because she changed jobs into another town. I hope it's just a case of me getting used to the new look, although I was only supposed to get a trim and light and dark highlights. It's certainly not a big deal, just a matter of getting used to what I seein the mirror. :)

We're supposed to change bedrooms today, but DH seems to be having a tired day so it might not happen. Our bedroom is next to the bathroom and you can hear the pipes when someone takes a shower, so it would be wiser to move to another bedroom before the work mornings begin. Yikes!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 am

Morning!!

I'm assuming she was sleeping. They like to see acceleration in the heart rate when she moves around but she wasn't doing anything. Her heartbeat was steady and good just no accelerations initially, they had to bother her a little to get her moving around.

I always have a hard time adjusting to my hair being different. So I'm hoping that's all it is for you too! The time away and just getting a bit of "you" time is always so nice. I'm in desperate need of getting my hair done, I'm hoping to get st least a trim before the baby comes, it's been way too long.

Did you end up getting your room switched around? That's a lot of work. We are moving bedrooms around here too, we are getting our kids upstairs so we can have the other room downstairs near us for the baby. We have lots to get done before baby comes but I have no energy to get it done lol.

I hope you're enjoying your day off before work starts tomorrow. Have a good first week back!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:03 am

Afternoon!

Yeah, I think she must've been sleeping, too. It's good that they got a steady heartbeat! I hope you get to go for a little you time before the baby comes, and that you get the rooms switched around! Maybd make it a project for the whole family?

We didn't change rooms, after all, but changed the position of the beds so that Samu isn't right next to the bathroom wall. Still, he woke up right after I'd gotten up...

I spent the day at daycare today with Samu. It was devastating hearing him cry and wail when they took him for a nap. I cried just as much. I hope tomorrow won't be too much for him, because I have a long day at work.

Let me know how you're doing! I'm so tired it's not funny. I think we'll have an early night.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:39 am

Hi!

How'd yesterday go with work and daycare??
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:34 am

Hi!

Yesterday was great, today a bit harder. I'm exhausted! :) Samu seems to be doing pretty well at daycare, not a lot of crying going on.

How are you???
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi!

Judging by your ticker, you're two weeks away from the c-section. How are you doing? Do you have most things ready for her?

It didn't take the baby long to get sick at daycare. He was totally lethargic and weepy on Thursday when I went to pick him up, and he ran a fever that night. It turned out to be an ear infection and he's on antibiotics right now. I hope it won't be like this the whole school year. We were both able to take half a day off on Friday, so I went to work in the morning and DH after lunch.

There are a lot of new things going on at work, and I feel like staying at home would've been so much easier. :)

I hope you're doing well!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi.

I just hopped on quick to let you know we have a precious, tiny but strong as hell little girl!!! I'll fill you in on details a little later, I'm hurting and exhausted. We delivered Thursday and she was 3lbs10ozs. We are just getting home from the hospital so once I get situated I'll hop back on!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Oh, wow! Congratulations!!! :hb:
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 am

Hi, Ckatta! I hope you're doing well and so is your little one. You've been in my thoughts. :hb:
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi!

We are doing well! We've been running back and forth to our normal pediatrician and the children's hospital for testing. If there's a cause for her growth restriction they are hoping to find it, if she gets cleared on all her testing they are going to assume its placenta malfunction. They sent my placenta out for testing as well. So far we have been cleared on all of our testing, Only a few more to go!

It's been a really long exhausting few weeks. My son is almost 8 I completely forgot what it was like to have a new baby again!

How has work been? How's Samu adjusting to daycare? What's going on with you guys, fill me in!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 am

Hi!

I wrote a pretty long post but kept getting an error message... *sigh*

I'm hoping that the SGA will turn out to be a mysterious case of placenta malfunctioning. I take it that you got to take her home with you? That is such good news!!!

You'll get used to having a baby around, I'm sure! :)

Work has been crazy, and Samu's been ill with the flu, so I'm pretty tired these days. I lack the energy to do anything extra around the house or at work.

I'll talk to you later!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 am

Hi!

I hate when the site does that to me too :( it's happened a few times.

I did get to bring her home with me! I am and was beyond ecstatic bc they told me the night before that she was not going to be leaving unless miraculous things happened, somehow everything they were watching had stabilized over the next few blood draws over night and into the next morning and they cleared her to go home with multiple tests ordered for her that we still would need to get done. We are one by one getting them all taken care of. We are waiting for a call for an appointment with the genetic testing department in the children's hospital and they are watching her head to ensure it grows and stays in proportion with her body. We aren't out of the woods yet but we are getting there and taking it all in stride as it comes.

Oh no I hope Samu is feeling better and you don't come down with the flu. Are you adjusted to being back to work? How's daycare been going? I hope over the weekend you got some rest and are feeling much better this week!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:31 am

Hi!

How are you doing? Any news about your baby girl?

I don't feel all that adjusted to going back to work yet, but I guess it takes some time. Samu's been doing better at daycare, to my relief!

I had the most intense pain on the right side of my pelvis this Tuesday, and at my yearly ovarian cyst checkup this Friday the doctor confirmed it must have been due to ovulation. It's always been on the left since I got my period back, so now I'm dreading each ovulation because of the pain. It was so bad I threw up and contemplated calling the ambulance since DH was on a work-related trip abroad. Luckily the painkillers I had did the trick, but boy was I in agony for a couple of hours there...

I got an appointment with the doctor who performed the c-section to talk about what went wrong with the birth experience. That's in mid-October during our fall vacation. Maybe I can finally put the whole experience behind me and move on with my life.

I hope your weekend is going well!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups