TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:30 am

Hi!

Does your dh stay home with Samu now?

How is this cycle going? Where are you at?

The sickness going around our whole entire area is scary and unbelievable. It makes being on a bus daily with 40 kids each run for 4 runs a day really gross, when I get home I try to disinfect myself before touching Kensi. We are in a flu epidemic, death rates just keep climbing.

Kensi is 6 months this upcoming weekend! We typically start our babies on cereal/oatmeal when they are around 4 months old then we gradually will add fruits and vegetables as they get older. She absolutely hates the oatmeal lol.

Work has gotten much easier. My mom watches Kensi most of the time. Dh switched jobs and schedules so he works 4 days a week and 12 hour shifts so he’s home 3 days out of the week with her so that helps a lot!

How’s work going for you?

Did you schedule surgery? What’s going on in early March? Have you been using opks or anything to help for these next few months?
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 am

Hi, Ckatta!

It’s nice to hear from you! Wow, six months already!!! Time just flies! What’s wrong with oatmeal? Is it the wrong texture or taste? :)

Seriously, death from flu??? Unbelievable!

Samu’s been back to daycare for a week now and he’s been doing really well. DH is also back to work. I think the month spent together did both of them good, but sadly DH didn’t learn a thing about housekeeping. I had housework on top of work to deal with, just like I do now. He’s having some health issues, so that might have played a part in his lack of attention in that area.

I think I’m on DPO9-ish now, but I haven’t been temping or doing OPKs at all, I’m just going by general sex drive changes and CM findings. And O pain.

I have an appointment for March 9th to discuss my options (unless pregnant by that point), and I’m hoping that they’ willing to try to save the ovaries. The pain is too much to handle almost each month, and I’d like to avoid hormone treatments for as long as possible.

Work is... work. :) Some days are okay, most are stressful for some reason. The last blow came on Wednesday when I was told that I will have to reapply for the job I am currently doing. Someone higher up had decided to reopen all the non-permanent posts. I am still reeling from that one...

I’m glad to hear that work is easier now and that your mom and DH can look after Kensi so much! That must feel nice! :)

Have a good weekend!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Just an update: POAS early this morning, and it’s a BFN. Expecting AF today or tomorrow.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:23 am

Hi :)

I think it’s just that the oatmeal is New and she might , maturity wise, not quite be ready but he wanted her started to see if she’d sleep any better. She doesn’t necessarily love it but she eats it. The oatmeal and fvwcrice cereal for babies is extremely bland and kinda yucky lol.

My Dh has switched his schedule around so he’s home more and he’s not great about housework either, it’s rather frustrating. He just doesn’t seem to understand that I need the help I guess.

I hope all is okay with your Dh and it’s nothing serious going on with his health.

I’m so sorry you’re rushed for time and in pain each month. I hope that you get the best possible outcome for all of it! But extra fx’d For a bfp before you really have to choose.

Are you going to reapply? Maybe you’ll get brought on permanently before that happens?

Any update on af?
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 am

Hi!

That is such a tall tale about solid foods bringing better sleep, ha! It usually makes things worse... I hope that’s not the case with Kensi! :)

I guess DHs not getting the fact that we need help with the kids and the housework is pretty universal, huh?

We’ll know more in a month about DH’s health, but this week has been pretty bad for me because I’ve had to do all the heavy lifting, both literally and figuratively, because he had a biopsy taken on Monday and should not lift anything heavier than around ten pounds for a week or so. So, basically just about everything’s been left for me to handle.

AF came for Valentines, but luckily it’s not as painful as it was last month. I guess we have one more try before my appointment in early March. Not feeling very optimistic, but we’ll give it a go.

As for the job, they won’t take me on permanently for now at least, but I’m going to apply for my job anyway.

Have a great weekend! :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups