TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:03 am

Hi!

Yeah, the breaks are nice, especially now that I feel like most of the enjoyment has vanished from working. I think it’s a combination of bad sleeping and problems at work that are not addressed properly. They put the recruiting on hold, so I have no idea if I have a job for next school year or not. That is seriously lowering my motivation to work there at all.

Thanks for asking, I’m feeling a little bit better now, the cough has gone. I hope it stays that way for a while. Samu has a runny nose most of the time now, and he hasn’t been eating a lot tjis weekend. I don’t know if it’s the final baby teeth coming in or something else.

We visited an indoor activity park and spent quite a few hours there, then checked in to the hotel, got situated and went out for dinner. After that we took a bath in the hotel bathtub (it’s a luxury not many of us own here). By that time I was exhausted, and felt ill during the night. One of my sinuses was clogged and the other was runny. Samu slept well, though. DH went out for drinks with his friend, so he didn’t mind the early bedtime.

We visited DH’s friend the next day, and drove home in the afternoon. Another one of DH’s friends was coming over in the evening, they heated up the outdoor sauna and went out for drinks... (See the pattern here?)

The rest of the Easter weekend I was grading exams, so I didn’t feel rested when going back to work. It seems like that’s the way it will be until the summer break starts.

Oh, wow, bitten by the baby! Samu tried to bite my nipples a couple of times while teething, but I got him to stop. And at around four months of age he used this super suction on my arm and shoulder, so I had a hickey for a while back then. :)

How’s Kensi adjusting to the solids? Any new developments?

AF will arrive tomorrow at the latest, I started spotting today. I wonder if 11 or 12 days of LP is enough for getting pregnant. Do you have any idea?

Have a great weekend! :)
DH is 39, has no known fertility issues
I am 40, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
TTC#2 since November, 2017
:bfp: on April 13th, 2018, EDD December 18, 2018, MMC @7w4d
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 am

Hi!

I really don’t know what to make of it, but AF isn’t the usual flow today, it’s more like spotting still. Any ideas? :dunno: :roll:
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi!

11 or 12 day LP should be sufficient! Only spotting!!??!! Wakasa I’ve got everything crossed that this is it for you!!! Have you tested at all??

All of that will take the enjoyment out of your job. Not knowing if you have a job or not in the year to come will put stress on anyone. Is there another school that you could try to get in with?

It sounds like you had a nice time on your night away. How did Samu like the indoor activity park? I do see the pattern and it’s a very similar one here too. I find it aggravating. Sometimes it just irritates me to the point of being angry with him, it really gets old.

She’s not bitten me since that time thankfully. My other two kids would bite while nursing as well, I could never get them to stop doing it once they started.
She is doing okay on foods. She’s progressing everyday. She’s over 13 pounds now, slow and steady growth. She’s not advancing as quickly as I had hoped for but I guess in time she will hopefully start to catch up.

Keep me updated on af... Fx!!!!!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi!

I tested today, bfn. Still just spotting, not really getting that flow. It’s still early morning, so it might start getting heavier as the day progresses. I put yesterday as CD1 in FF, and it’s giving me 26-day cycles with O day predicted around CD14. Will temp for sure, although I can’t guarantee three hours of uninterrupted sleep before taking the temperature. Will also try SMEP with OPKs in the mix. FX!

Almost all the jobs around here for the coming school year (and especially the permanent ones) have already been recruited for. There’s a permanent position open near where my mom lives, but that would mean uprooting everything if I got the job. I will apply for it, but I think it’s already been secretly filled, you know. They must have someone in mind for the position because the wording in the advertisement was so...limited. The headmaster told me yesterday that she’s trying to push for some news soon, and that her boss had stated that they need to figure out how many teachers can be hired permanently. It may come down to either me or a teacher who’s been there at the elementary level for about the same time as me. So, it could go either way.

Samu enjoys all the action and loved the activity park! It was hard getting him to leave, LOL! It was fun, but I was exhausted.

I’m sure Kensi will progress, even if more slowly than you’d like her to. She sounds like a real sweetheart. :)

Have a great week!

P.S. This winter just keeps coming back; we should already have summer tires in our cars, but luckily we don’t because there was fresh snow on the ground this morning. *sigh*
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 am

Hi!

It’s 7 p.m. and the “AF” I’m having is still very scant, practically just spotting. I guess I just need to keep testing? FF verified O on cd15, but I stopped temping after a few days.

I’ll keep you posted. :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:00 am

It’s 2:00 here I’m headed back to the bus garage to take the kids home from school but I wanted to check in quickly... maybe it’s implantation and it’s not showing up yet bc there’s not a strong enough hormone in your system yet!!! Gosh Wakasa I’ve git everything crossed for you right now!!

I’ll hop back on and finish replying after work.

Fx!!!!!!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi!

It’s early morning, no spotting or AF to be found, and a bfn. I honestly don’t know if it’s CD3 or 4 or 14DPO!

This has me so confused! I also failed at taking my BBT because I woke up an hour before the supposed time, had to breastfeed, took a drink of water, etc. The result was a temperature below the baseline. I guess I should throw in OPKs at some point, if that three days of spotting was my AF this month?

Talk to you later!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 am

A little spotting again tonight...
If I keep the spotting as spotting on FF, this is what my chart looks like:

Crazy, huh?!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi.

How long is your normal lp? Was it a normal length for you prior to the spotting starting? Your chances look good you got plenty of bds in at the right time!!

Would your Dh be okay with moving for you to take a job up by your moms area? Hopefully your headmaster will hear good news soon and you’ll get brought on permanently.

We have all been sick. The kids have all been on antibiotics so now it’s my turn, I’m headed to the dr in the morning to see what’s going on with me.

Did you get all your grading done?

Keep me updated! I’ve got my fx’d For you!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 am

Hi!

My PP luteal phase length has been 12 days, before the pregnancy it was 14 days. So, if you count the first day of spotting, my LP was a day shorter. I really don’t know what to make of all of this, to be honest.

Today was a really bad day. I found out that they don’t have any work for me next school year, so I’m out of work come August. :( I wish they’d figured it out before because there really aren’t any jobs available here. The job near my mom is a pipe dream; most likely that position has already been filled, but of course I will apply for the job.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve all been ill! I hope you’ll get better very soon! Being sick and taking care of others while being ill is the worst! You have my sympathies!

I did get all the grading done, but new stacks are awaiting... It won’t end until the summer break starts. That’s how it is!

As for the HPTs, I took one this morning and thought I saw a squinter of a ghost line, but I’m not quite sure if it was just my imagination. Shouldn’t there be a strong line by now? I guess I will take one more test this weekend and then I’ll get on with the OPKs.

Have a great weekend!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi!

I’m in shock! I took a cheapie and a CB weeks predictor test, and it seems that I am, indeed, pregnant!

Feeling elated and amazed and worried, all at the same time! I’ve been staring at the CB test a lot today.

wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:48 am

Wakasa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling that your spotting was implantation!!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!! This is amazing!!!!!!!!

I’m so glad you get to add another beautiful baby to your family before your surgery!!

I’m so sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully the one near your mom will work out or something else pops up for you!! Some how some way it will all work out.

I’ve got an upper respiratory infection. I’ve started the antibiotics so hopefully all will be well shortly. Last week was a long week, I was so happy to see Friday lol

Enjoy what’s left of the weekend and definitely enjoy your amazing news!! Congratulations Wakasa!!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:36 am

Thanks, Ckatta! :)

I have a really uncertain feeling about this, I hope it’s a viable pregnancy and everything goes well.

I’m sorry you’re ill, but hopefully the antibiotics will get rid of the infection! Remember to take probiotics, too!

Talk to you later!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 am

I’ve been taking the probiotics as well!! I have to when I take penicillin. Kensi is also on antibiotics for the same thing. I need to get her started on a good multivitamin to help her immune system out. Is she too young for a vitamin and probiotics?

I’m sure it’ll all be okay. I was really worried at first with Kensi too but after you get used to the idea of being pregnant again and it sinks in that feeling will ease up I’m sure. Did you bleed at all with Samu’s pregnancy in the beginning? Is that why you’re feeling a tad uneasy? I spotted with my oldest for a few weeks, I started right around typical af time and all was well with her. Try not to worry it’s not good for your baby :)

Is your Dh over the moon excited?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:05 am

Wow, you were quick to reply! :)

I know probiotics are fine and advised for babies, especially when they need to be on antibiotics (or the breastfeeding mom needs to), but I don’t know about the vitamins. I think here you can get your child started on those only after the first year. I believe premature babies may have different guidelines, though. Maybe ask your doctor?

I feel uneasy because the line is so faint, and shouldn’t the digital test say 2-3 weeks already? Judging from the O day, I should be 4weeks and 5 days today, so yesterday was 4w4d...

I keep checking for AF every time I use the toilet. I think I had some pink discharge at some point in the pregnancy with Samu, but that was due to the blood clot in the uterus.

I do have a newfound affection for oranges, and just had to cook some veggie and chicken stir fry for lunch today. But that just might be me freaking out about actually being pregnant. :)

DH is excited, for sure. And so sure it was his super sperm that did the trick. ;)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups