TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:09 am

Good morning! :)

Of course he's helping out! If he wasn't, I'd give him grief about it;) Samu's started waking up a couple of times a night again, so it's nice to get to get some sleep because I find it hard to get back to sleep right after he does.

We're at the cottage already, came here yesterday. The car was fully packed and it's good it was only an hour and a half because the boy sure hates the car seat with a vengeance! Luckily he didn't scream the whole time!

He didn't get a fever but was cranky and cried more the day after, so I ended up giving him a small dose of pain relief because he was unconsolable. It helped!

Oh, the pains of doing OPKs! A year ago I was doing them and feeling ready to give up. Hang in there! Maybe your normal cycle is longer - is there anything wrong with that?

Have a great weekend!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:40 am

I always found it hard to get to sleep after my kids woke up. The exhaustion that comes with having small babies is really hard to battle some days. I'm so glad dh is home to help you out!!

Both of my babies always got cranky, feverish, and hard to handle after shots! I would give Tylenol too!! It really does help the poor things feel better.

I am slightly annoyed with doing opks. I should have taken this whole month off, I enjoyed not thinking about it or having t had my we to take a test.. I'm waiting for it t be over so I can go back to not thinking about it. I think done September I'll take the whole month off, maybe it's what I need!

How long are you staying at the cottage for? Enjoy yourself and have a great time!!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Opk was positive today but no bd, so much for any chances this cycle :/
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi!

Ckatta, please remember that O follows the LH surge, so if you had a positive OPK, you can still BD afterwards. Did you get a BD or two in beforehand? :hugs:

We'll be going home on Friday and I'm leaving for my mom's on Sunday. :)

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:31 am

Hi :)

I do hope you're enjoying your time and relaxing!!

We got a bd in last night.. I typically have 2 full days of positives. Dry before yesterday was a shade light so I thought it would be positive that night (Saturday) for sure , temps showed me I always o'd on day 2 of positive opk
So I got upset over not getting a bd in but yesterday the opk was the same color as the day before. So I either missed my surge on Saturday night or it was a failed attempt, I never with my eyes saw an actual positive, I just assumed based off my history. It's possible as I didn't test Saturday night bc I was so upset with dh that I just didn't test but it would have went away quickly. Today will tell for sure if it's darker or lighter. Idk, I'll go get my progesterone test done in a week like I'm supposed to and I'll know for sure.

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful time!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:39 am

Hi!

Sorry for not posting anything for a while! I'm at my mom's now for the week, and it's been hectic. Poor boy didn't take the change of scenery very well and hasn't been sleeping well. He had a meltdown tonight when we had some visitors... It took a while to calm him down. :|

How was your progesterone? Why were you upset with your hubby? I hope it's blown over already! How have your opks been?

Well, we ended up dtd at the cottage, and oh, boy did it hurt like a motherf...! Not sure if I'll be doing that any time soon... :roll: Besides, it feels like I'm taking care of the baby all on my own most of the time, so that sort of takes away any of the libido I might have. Sometimes DH helps out, but that's just it, helps out, he doesn't actively take care of the baby. :x

Too tired to write anything else right now, good night from me! Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:33 am

Hi! :)

Oh no Wakasa :( I hope today has been a better day and you got some rest and Samu is getting rested also so you can enjoy the rest of your trip! I'm sure having your mom to help a little bit is nice.

I didn't go for my progesterone labs. I should but I'll do it next cycle, I'm enjoying not doing much with ttc this cycle :) I'm 9 dpo, expecting af in a few days, I tested today and bfn. My lp is typically 11 days.

That sucks, that doesn't help to amp up your libido any when it hurts, but I'm not shocked after no action down there things I'm sure we're sore. It'll take time to get things back to normal. I hear you on dh, mine was/is the same way!! It's exhausting and frustrating!! I am still with 6 and 11 year olds the main care giver, it's not a 50/50 thing. I fully understand. Maybe talk to him about it?

Enjoy your time with your mom and try to get some rest!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:18 am

Hi!

Sorry it took me so long to post anything, but Samu didn't sleep very well at my mom's and it's been an adjustment after coming home, too.

How are you doing? :)

I'll talk to DH at some point... I mentioned that I need some "me time" today when he got home from work and was planning on some kind of an outing with his friend for Wednesday (and he already took full advantage of us being away last week, had all kinds of things for each day we were at my mom's)... He seems to think that I can get time for myself after the baby "is bigger" - it seems like after he's eating solids properly... That is still months away! I'm getting pretty mad and frustrated. I don't know how to make him see my point of view in this. I do love our baby more than anything, but I still need some time for myself. I need to feel like me again, not just somebody's mom, you know?

Argh, sorry I'm such a Debbie Downer. :( I need to get some sleep, I haven't had a full night of sleep in quite a while now.

Talk to you later!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 am

Hi!

How's it going, Ckatta? Any news, Lopezmom and TTC? :)

I talked to DH and we aired out our grievances but it seems like he is somehow afraid of the baby starting to cry or be fussy and not knowing what to do then. He seems to think my boobs are the magical answer to everything. They're not... I can't seem to get that through his head. :(

Have a great weekend! :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi!! :)

I'm glad you guys talked it all out! My dh was nervous with the kids as babies and didn't do all that much, if they fussed or anything he'd hand them back and always say that I knew how to soothe them better than he could but my point was the same as yours that if you tried to soothe them too they'd adjust to you and me.. It's tough when you feel like you can't catch a break and have 15 minutes to yourself to just breathe. I still feel that way sometimes.. Things will get better, I promise :)

How were your trips?? I hope you got to relax and enjoy it!!

It's going good for us.. I'm in a new cycle, no idea what day.. I'm not using opks or doing anything, I'm not timing bd I'm just going to let it go.. I know this probably sounds terrible but I'm questioning whether I want to start over again, my kids are 6 and 11 now and we are enjoying that they are a bit more self sufficient . I of course would be happy if it happened but I think we are gonna not try but not prevent. The last 4 years have just been so tough.. I feel like we've been through so much with nothing but disappointment and for me it's enough, I couldn't take it anymore. It all felt like a chore and like a heavy weight I was carrying, I just felt like I needed away from it all and to be honest I feel so much less stressed and am 100% happy with my choice. It's seems so weird to try so hard for so long but I guess I burned myself out and need to step back and take a deep breath.

Is your wound all healed up and better??

How is samu's tummy?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:41 am

Hi!

Our husbands are so alike in this respect, that's the deal with DH, too! I think he sort of thought about it because he's been a bit more attentive towards the baby these past few days. He won't magically have a relationship with the kid if he never spends time with him.

The trips were okay, but I felt exhausted afterwards because the traveling did something to Samu's sleep schedule. He kept waking up at night and didn't sleep well during the day, either. He's sleeping better now, but most naps he still sleeps in my arms, so I feel like all I do is sit around on the couch. Tell me it'll get better.

Wow, NTNP! Congratulations on reaching a decision! Maybe letting go of the stress will actually help? Good luck! Are you still going to come around and tell me what's going on, or are you going to take a break from all things TTC? I've loved talking to you! :)

The wound is healed up, the scar is still pretty dark but that'll change over time. Samu's tummy is also better, but he still pukes up some. It varies daily.

Our big boy finally rolled over on Friday! He'll be four months old next Wednesday. Time has sure flown by!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:20 am

Hi!!

That's true!! My kids are closer to me than my dh, he gets jealous but I remind him it's his own fault lol.

It will definitely get better!!! I promise!!! I watched my nephew the other day and felt like all I did was hold him and sit on the couch, it was definitely a reminder of how restrictive it can be! I totally understand where you're coming from!! But it will get better :) Anything out of the norm for kids or babies throws them off and interrupts sleep schedules, it still does with my kids too! It does make it tough but you can't not go anywhere because of it, it's just exhausting for you and them! Kids are not easy but they are resilient :)

No I'm gonna stay on here and chat!! I like hearing all your updates with Samu and you!! I have just been so busy that I haven't been on much. Football will start to come to an end here soon then I'll only have gymnastics. I've been job hunting for myself too and now I'm battling an upper respiratory/sinus infection and we are supposed to leave tomorrow to go camping for the weekend..

Oh my gosh!!! That's a big milestone!!! Before you know it he will be crawling!!!! Then you'll wish he was not mobile hehe ;) that's when all the fun starts he'll be into everything :)

I'm glad to hear you're getting back in mom schedule and all things are doing better (timmys, wounds) things are looking up! :)

How's the house coming along?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi!

I hope your weekend away and camping has been lovely! Are you feeling better?! How's the job hunt going?

I'm glad you're still going to hang around! :)

Well, the boy hasn't rolled over since the first time he did that... But he does manage to move around when I put him down on his play mat - he's never in the same spot I left him in. :) So we haven't baby proofed the apartment yet... But we will once he shows any signs of really starting to get mobile.

I wonder when he'll start napping somewhere else than in my arms... That way I could get some time for myself.

The house is coming along, although very slowly in my opinion. I believe the ceiling panels were installed this week, and the flooring should go down this coming week. Then what's left is the tiling and all the cabinets (kitchen and utility room) and bathroom fixtures, etc. So a bunch of stuff still needs to be done.

Have a great week! :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi!!!

We had a nice time away!! We are exhausted. It was a short trip so we didn't get to do any hiking or anything we just relaxed! Our cabin was right at the edge of a creek, it was beautiful with a small waterfall falling down into it. Nature at its finest!! :)

I'm getting better, yesterday and today I can feel my antibiotics kicking in and helping. Thank you for asking :)

Yea I'm gonna stick around, I'm still trying just not as hard. I'm pretty sure that I either I'd over the weekend or will at any time. I've had some indicators that are typical pre o signs. This month will not even be a question, we have not bd'd at all with as sick as I've been then sharing an open cabin with our kiddos so I'll just hang out and wait for the witch and see what happens with next cycle :)

He's working on getting mobile!! It'll happen before you know it lol then he will be into absolutely everything haha. That's when things get fun :) My son at the age of 6 still likes to fall asleep in my arms, I like it it won't be long before he doesn't want to snuggle anymore. I get what you're saying though, its tough when they are young and you can't get anything done or have anytime to you for you or for anything for that matter. Mine is only at bedtime not all day like yours is. Time will pass before you know it and things will be different, he will be busy and not want to be held. That's how my kids are now :( it saddens me lol.

Are they still on time for you to be in your house before winter? Was it October you had said?? Sounds like they are getting down towards the final touches, hopefully soon!!

I hope your weekend was great!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:19 am

Hi!

I'm glad you had a great weekend! It sounds like a lovely place! And how wonderful to hear that you're getting better! :) Good luck with next cycle! :)

Yeah, he's working on getting mobile, that's for sure! I was making some soup today, and he moved around quite a bit while I was cooking. He definitely didn't stay put! :)

I'm not sure when the house will be ready, but definitely before Christmas for sure! DH told me that the kitchen cabinets are coming in this week. Don't know when they'll be installed, though. I think the flooring should go in next.

Talk to you later, Samu lost his cool with his chew toy,it must be time for a nap. :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups