TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:56 am

Oh Wakasa I’m sorry. I’m assuming your test came up positive at the office as well? Maybe your tests were right when they weren’t as dark or not saying the estimated weeks that you were thinking you were so maybe you aren’t as far along as you were thinking you are. I’m sure you’re upset and worried just take it day by day and think positive, I’m sure next week you’ll see something. It’s quite possible that’s why you aren’t having a lot of overly noticeable symptoms yet either. Are you doing okay? I’m sure everything is okay :)
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks.

Yeah, the test was VERY positive, according to the nurse. She called in the doctor, who also gave me an ultrasound and told me they would be going with the theory that I’m not as far along as I’m supposed to be. There was also some question about a possible blighted ovum.

It was not the kind of news I wanted to tell DH on his birthday. :( As far as my feelings go, it’s everything between despair and astonishment. I guess I could be wrong about the O date because I stopped temping at some point after I got crosshairs on FF... I honestly don’t know what to think.

Samu also had his two-year-old checkup, and he weighs almost 14kg and is around 90cm tall. The nurse just loved him, he’s such a charmer. :hb:
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 39, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
TTC#2 since November, 2017
:bfp: on April 13th, 2018, EDD December 18, 2018, MMC @7w4d
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:42 am

Hi!

A quick update: started having pain on the right side, so I’m getting checked out at the hospital I go to for the cysts. They took 4 vials of blood and now I’m sitting here waiting for an ultrasound, I hope.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:14 am

I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. My HCG level was over 15,000 but there was no fetus to be found.
I’m going in for a checkup on Samu’s second birthday to see if the HCG has started dropping, and to figure out if a D&C is the way to go or if some medication is okay while breastfeeding.

It didn’t come as a surprise since I know the chances of a viable pregnancy aren’t that high at my age. But it’s still a loss, and I can’t stop crying.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:04 am

Hi!

Samu is growing like crazy!! I can’t believe he’s going to be two already. I love charming/flirty little boys, how sweet :) so glad all was well at his check up!

Oh Wakasa I’m so sorry to hear this. Let yourself cry and let yourself deal with this devastation and sadness, you’re heartbroken it will take time to heal from that. You’re not at an age where conceiving and carrying full term is out of the question so please don’t give up hope, it’s still possible for you to add to your family. My heart is so heavy for you guys right now, I’m so very sorry.
You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope this whole process goes as smooth as possible so you can start working on bandaging this wound.

Do you have any plans made for Samus birthday?

I hope you can relax for the next few days that you have off from work. Kick your feet up and give yourself some down time.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 am

Hi!

Thanks for the sympathy :hb:

There are some people coming over next Saturday for Samu’s birthday party. I have some of the food thought out but no plans set in place as to when I can get everything done. As it happens, it’s also one of the busiest weeks at work for me, so getting everything done will be a struggle.

There’s no sign of the start of bleeding, and I just came up with the thought of having some red raspberry leaf tea to start things going. Any thoughts on if it’s a good idea or not? I remember having a really painful AF the one time I had some while TTC for my first pregnancy. The package states that you should not drink the stuff if you’re in the first trimester. So I figured it might move things along.

There hasn’t really been any down time for me this weekend because we’ve had really nice weather, so DH has been building a deck for the house, and that’s meant that the little boy has also wanted to be outside, getting in DH’s way. So I’ve been stuck babysitting. Today has been a little better for me, but only in the sense of not crying as much. I have been waiting for the bleeding to start, but it hasn’t. Hence the idea of RRL tea... Any thoughts?

I hope you’re having a good weekend!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:53 am

A new deck!? Sounds like the finishing touches for your new home are progressing, that’s great!! It sounds like you’ve built a beautiful home.

I don’t know on the RRL tea, I don’t really know much about it. Couldn’t hurt to call the nurse tomorrow and ask?? I’m glad you’re doing a little better. It’s so tough to go through something like this so hearing today you’re even just a little better is reassuring. How’s dh doing with all of it?

Samu wants to get in there with his dad and help build lol :) My son and Dh are on the roof, we had terrible wind and it ripped some of our shingles off so they are fixing that. It’s tough when there’s stuff going on and they want to be in the middle but just can’t, the chasing doesn’t end until the project is complete haha.

Good luck getting everything done for his gathering. You’ve got a lot going on right now and I commend you for juggling it all, you’re a very strong person. I know it might not seem it right now but everything will be okay it’ll just take time. I’m always here to listen when you need it.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi!

You’re not going to believe this, but I’m currently in hospital on the gynecology/obstetrics ward. I started having incredibly hard pain at work, and ended up getting an ambulance ride to the hospital. The ovary on my right side had contorted the Fallopian tube and was causing so much pain that even stronger pain medication given by the paramedics and the hospital staff didn’t take it away. I went through surgery for the ovarian cysts and had a D&C while under general anesthesia.

I am having trouble sleeping here, missing my little boy, and hoping that he’s alright with spending the night alone with his dad.

I have other news to tell you, but I won’t get to it now.

Talk to you later!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:13 am

And it seems that there were some complications with the surgery. One of the cysts is still there because it’s somehow attached to my bowels and they decided it would take too much work to get rid of at the time, and while doing the D&C, the doctor may have accidentally punctured my uterus, so they couldn’t finish the D&C... It means that I need to get checked out in a week to make sure all of the pregnancy has been removed... Fun times!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:46 am

Oh my gosh!!! Wakasa I’m so sorry to hear all of this.. As if everything you’re going through wasn’t enough add all of that to it. Will your uterus heal? I’ve heard of cysts attaching to the bowels before. Is that one a problem for you other than they couldn’t remove it? Do you need another d&c if everything wasn’t removed?

How did Samu do with you gone? How long did you have to stay?
How are you doing/feeling??

Okay I’ll stop asking questions now lol, I’m sorry.. my heart aches for you guys, you’re going through so much right now. I’m so sorry.,

How is everything else going? It’s so close to Samus birthday, I can’t believe he’ll be 2 already!!

Tomorrow is mother’s day so we will be getting together with family and grilling lots of delicious food! The weather is supposed to be nice so the kids will enjoy running around and playing together.

I hope you’re feeling okay and you guys get to celebrate and enjoy Samus birthday!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am

Hi!

Yeah, it is a bit too much, isn’t it?!

They’re not sure if there’s a hole through the uterus, so that’s why I need to go in for an ultrasound on Thursday morning. And I also need to go in for the hcg level checkup on Wednesday... I don’t think they’ll do another D&C since the surgical report states that they think there’s nothing left of the pregnancy, they just want to make sure.

I got home on Thursday afternoon, so I was separated from Samu for more than a day. He was pretty okay with his dad, didn’t really cry but had asked for “boobs” a few times during the night. I saw him on Thursday morning when DH came by to pick up my car keys, and he didn’t want to look at me at all. I guess I looked so different in the hospital bed.

We decided to postpone the birthday party by two weeks, because I wasn’t up to it today. Tomorrow is Mother’s Day here, too, and we had to for some groceries for that. I think our day will be spent building the deck since it’s such nice weather this weekend. We’re hoping to get it done by Samu’s birthday party.

I hope your day tomorrow will be nice, it sure sounds like it will!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Happy Mother’s Day! And a huge happy birthday to Samu!!!!! I hope his day was amazing!!!

I would have postponed the party too, I’m sure you need time to rest up. How are you feeling? Are you off work for any recovery time?

I hope everything is on its way to healing. You could use a break after these last few weeks. I’m so terribly sorry for everything that’s happened I’m sure it’s been hell on you.

Mother’s Day was okay. Lots of food and laughs but the Day was over way too fast of course.

I’m having a hard time with my daughter and her grades. I found out today that she’s failing 2 subjects and she is done school in 4-5 weeks, that’s not much time to catch up and get her grades up. I’m at a loss as to what to do with her anymore. So we are gonna chug along and try to get caught up as much as we can and hope she doesn’t fail or need summer school.

I hope you’re resting and relaxing so you can heal up. Again happy birthday to Samu!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi!

I’m glad you had a nice Mother’s Day!

How come you didn’t get notified before about your daughter failing? It seems awfully late in the game for the school to be letting you know now as opposed to a couple months earlier, trying to figure out how they could help her better! Don’t they grade, evaluate and assess constantly throughout the school year, and see her falling behind?? I would get reported for such a behavior as a teacher if I notified the parents only a few weeks before school was out... Your system is definitely different from ours.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! He was in daycare yesterday, and they had a big celebration there! In the evening he got our present and a banana pancake evening snack before his bedtime. :) The first thing he mentioned this morning after waking up was the fire department house he got as a present, and he wanted to take it with him to daycare today. :) I guess the present was spot on!

I have the whole week off work, but unfortunately I need to go in to get a stack of exams that need to be graded by this Friday. I’m trying to figure out if going in on Thursday to get them would give me enough time. I have to go to the hospital on Thursday for the checkup, so I am going in that direction anyway.

We decided that it would be best for Samu and me if he spends the days at daycare because I haven’t been able to run around after him these past few days. I hope I can get some sleep during the day, as well. Physically I am starting to get better, needing less and less pain medication, but mentally it’s still pretty hard. I found out that a neighbor is pregnant while we were picking up our kids from daycare at the same time yesterday, and I felt like crying the whole evening. It’s still a fresh hurt even if I thought that I had the reasoning behind a miscarriage all figured out before. Also, I still have some bleeding left, and I am so done with that already. Seeing pregnant women doesn’t make me happy anymore, and I think it’s such a shame.

Thinking about trying again has me tied up in knots, knowing we could be facing the same thing again... And I may have a chance of getting hired permanently, after all, since a colleague is leaving for another school for good. The deputy headmaster called me the minute she was able to, asking me to consider taking the job for the next year as a trial period and then the position would be filled permanently. Adding a pregnancy to that mix seems impossible! So, we have things to consider.

Have a good week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 am

Hi!

Had my checkup today. The HCG level is down to 1,000 (from 58,800+), my uterus is empty and they didn’t see a sign of a uteral perforation. I was told they usually advise people to wait for 3-6 months before trying again, but as we are older, we can start trying again as soon as we feel up to it. The wait for other people is due to the uncertainty of a punctured uterus and scarring.

I don’t know what we’ll end up doing. I want to get the bleeding to stop first. And that can go on another week, I’m told.

And I need to take a HPT in three weeks to see that it’s a negative, and if it’s not, call the hospital again.

I’m so over this whole thing already.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am

It looks like the bleeding has stopped. Hooray for that.

Will be taking the summer off all things TTC, I think. The earliest I could get pregnant is September or October, if I want to maximize my career options. And maybe the time will be good for me, too.

Have a great weekend!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext