TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 am

Hi! :)

I’m glad to hear that your bleeding has slowed but I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this. That’s amazing that they’re arent seeing a tear/puncture in the uterus!

As far as TTC goes you’ll know when you’re ready and when the time is right. You’ll get there and next time everything will probably go just as it should. I know it’s probably tough to even think of ttc again but the chances of going through what you just went through are probably not as likely to happen as a normal/full term pregnancy.

We have an online system where teachers enter grades and parents have access to get on and follow their kids grades. It also tells you what work they don’t turn in, Miss and the grade on every paper so we can help keep them on track. We also get a progress report every 5 weeks, her grades just happened to fall quickly and tve system alerted me but when I looked into it it was because it was the start of a new semester with fresh grades and they weren’t all put in but our middle/high school teachers do not usually notify us of these things it’s up to us to jump on the parent portal or to check the 5 week reports and get help.

I hope you are resting and feeling better every single day. Enjoy the weekend!!

I’m so glad to hear about your job opportunity, that’s great and a huge relief im sure! I had faith it would all work out one way or another!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi!

We also have a similar online system, but I would still be inclined to pick up the phone and call the parents if a student was suddenly failing. I guess it’s a different mentality, as well. :) Do you need to figure out how she won’t fail on your own or do you get suggestions from the school?

I still think I will take a break from TTC for this summer, and will reconsider it come fall. The chances of a sustainable, viable pregnancy are limited because of my age, that’s a fact. I think I need some time to recover and gain strength and courage to potentially go through this again. Also, the timing for a new pregnancy would be best if the due date was in the summer or early fall.

I decided to go and join the local mommas on an outing yesterday evening. We had a lovely dinner at a restaurant and stayed outside after dinner because the weather was nice. I was home a little after 9 p.m., though, so it wasn’t like I stayed up partying the whole night (some did). It was nice seeing them and talking about the things that are common to moms. :)

I have two weeks of work left before the summer holiday begins, and it seems they’re not full weeks, anyway. The schedule is different for the last weeks, and I have two sets of exams to grade, and decide what to give my students as final grades. And I need to go in for an interview for the available job at some point before school is out.

Have a great day!
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 39, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
TTC#2 since November, 2017
:bfp: on April 13th, 2018, EDD December 18, 2018, MMC @7w4d
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:18 am

...just started bleeding beight red again, I wonder what is going on?! It’s been pinkish discharge for a few days now, it shouldn’t be changing back to bright red, should it?

I guess I need to call the hospital tomorrow.
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Wed May 23, 2018 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anayahill » Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 am

I hope you're right and there is no next cycle but if there is I'm 100% fine with not calling and starting a new cycle of meds. I'm really happy I've finally reached this point, it's taken a long time for me to be able to step back away from it.

Yea I just don't get what he's got going on with his little tummy. I hope you don't have to go to a bland diet, it really did suck lol. I hope it improves as he grows.
anayahill
Friend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:53 am

anayahill wrote:I hope you're right and there is no next cycle but if there is I'm 100% fine with not calling and starting a new cycle of meds. I'm really happy I've finally reached this point, it's taken a long time for me to be able to step back away from it.

Yea I just don't get what he's got going on with his little tummy. I hope you don't have to go to a bland diet, it really did suck lol. I hope it improves as he grows.

Hi, there! Any chance you replied to the wrong thread? :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 am

I remembered that the doctor said it might take 10 to 14 days of bleeding/spotting, so I decided to wait before calling the hospital about it.

It looks like the bleeding/spotting has stopped now... Hoping to get AF within the month and getting my regular cycles back.

I just did a bit of calculating, and it looks like October should be the earliest to start TTC again. So, I will be enjoying the summer with a glass of rosé every now and then, and will try to lose weight before starting with the whole thing again.

I hope you are having a good week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:56 am

Hi!!!

I as a parent will look through the system and see if she has 0’s or work that hasnt been turned in and have her get that work done just to pull that grade up. I would need to be the one to contact the teacher for help for her and they’d just have her stay after school with them to get help. Our schooling lacks a bit.....

Unfortunately I wouldn’t think that starting to bleed again is overly uncommon as long as you’re still within the appropriate time frame. And I can completely understand needing to take time off from TTC not only for timing but for emotional healing.

Fx for your interview, I hope you get the job! It’d be nice to stay where you’ve already been working and are familiar with. Our middle school and high school get out 6/11 and our elementary is done 6/22 so I have around a month of school/work left before summer break. I can’t wait!!

I’m glad you got out with a good group of ladies and kiddos. I’m sure you needed that! How is Samu doing? How have you been feeling?

Kensi has her 9 month check up. She’s not catching up like she should be so we are starting the physical and occupational therapy, we had our initial interview/paper work appointment yesterday and next is the evaluation then we form a plan and go from there. We are also going back to the children’s hospital for developmental delay and feeding evaluations. She grew in length over two inches but he wasn’t happy with her head growth which is scary as her soft spots have already closed and if her head doesn’t keep growing in proportion we are heading for a potential surgery...... it’s all just been overwhelming and scary right now. I can’t stomach the idea of my tiny princess needing to have brain/skull surgery.. so I took some days off of work to go to these appointments to try to get her on a better path that doesn’t involve surgery hopefully.

It’s Memorial Day weekend so going into town is crazy and busy, unfortunately I need groceries and have to go out but we are having a low key relaxed holiday and I’m more than happy with that!

I hope you’re well and having a good weekend!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:59 am

Hi!

I hope your weekend is going well, even if you had to brave going into town! :)

I’m sorry about what you and Kensi might have to go through if her soft spots have been closing already! Any medical procedure on such a young child is overwhelming! You are in my thoughts. :hb: It seems to me that you’re in good hands, though.

As for us, we had the first of Samu’s birthday parties today. It was just us and his godparents, who have a daughter 5 months older than Samu, and a 4-month-old son. The toddlers got along marvelously and I had some baby therapy, it was lovely.

Other than that, we’re also having a low key weekend. I think we’ll check out a local summer restaurant tomorrow for dinner, since I just decided I am not cooking anything tomorrow. ;)

Wish me luck for the interview! For some reason, I’m getting nervous about it. :(
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:34 am

I got the job! I’m both excited and nervous! :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Wakasa that’s great congratulations!! I knew you’d do just fine and get the job!

Did Samu enjoy his get together? I’m sure it was nice to get that baby therapy and have someone for Samu to play with too. Did you enjoy the restaurant? I think it’s okay to not cook sometimes, we need that break from it once in awhile and it’s nice to have someone to wait on us :)

How have you been feeling? All healed up?

The weekend was busy and went way too fast but it was nice to have a picnic with family and enjoy some sunshine.

I hope your week is going nicely so far!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the congratulations! I feel kind of funny about it, because it is pretty obvious some people expect me to fail at the job. Though I did get applause from my coworkers when the news was announced.

Yes, Samu enjoyed the get together, and he’s been talking about the other toddler a lot. I guess we need to visit them soon. :) We didn’t get to go to the restaurant then, after all, but DH got us takeout instead.

I am now officially not pregnant (did the required hpt this morning), having AF, and on holiday.

How are you doing this weekend?
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:55 am

Hi!

I don’t think you’ll fail, you’ve already been doing the job. You’ll be just fine :) ignore the negativity of others, it’s not worth it especially when you’ve already proven yourself! I’m so happy you got it and don’t have to relocate or job hunt for the upcoming school year.

Sometimes take out and staying home is better than going out! I prefer it to be honest. Taking all 3 kids out to eat is usually chaotic and sometimes embarrassing. So much easier to stay home lol.

How are you feeling? Everything going okay? I’m glad all of it is coming to a close so you can move beyond it and heal but I’m still so sad you had to endure any of it.
Holiday? Is school over for you guys now?

I hope your week is good so far. It’s just before 6 am and I’m headed out the door for work, Kensi has had me up since 2 so I’m completely exhausted and a little grumpy. Thankfully baseball was already cancelled for tonight.

Have a good day!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:48 am

Hi!

I guess they think that since I have a young one at home and teaching high school is way more demanding than middle school, I am doomed to failing... It is a lot more work, I know that, but I get to do it on my own and don’t have to ask other people’s opinions about everything, so I feel like I’m up to it. :)

I hope this AF won’t take long and I will get to enjoy not spotting or having some kind of discharge all the time... I had only a couple of days free of that stuff after the D&C... I should get started on the whole losing weight thing, but I have really bad cravings for chocolate and everything sweet. I think I will bake something sugar free to satisfy my cravings. :)

Yes, as of ten o’clock this past Saturday I have been on holiday! I still need to order supplies for next year, and had to deal with an issue regarding grading, but I no longer need to go to work. That’s not to say staying at home with the kiddo isn’t work. ;)

I hope these last weeks of school will go by quickly for you! Why was Kensi keeping you up at night? Any idea?

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi!

I’m sure you’ll do just fine and show them they were wrong! It’s sad that they’re judging you before even giving you a chance and/or wishing you well. You’ll still be in the same field correct?

I have been terrible about eating snacks and things that are bad for me, I really need to stop and lose some weight. I’m at my all time heaviest and I’m so uncomfortable with myself. The terrible things just taste so yummy it’s hard not to eat them lol.

I’m so jealous lol these next few weeks can’t go fast enough. The kids Have been crazy and it’s frustrating. Do you guys provide free school transportation to get your kids to and from school? I’m prepping to get my CDL to drive bus instead of just being an aide.

Kensi has been so miserable. I can’t see any new teeth coming, I can’t figure out what’s going on with her. She’s not been sleeping and she’s so cranky during the day. I’m at a loss as to what’s going on.

I hope you’re enjoying your summer break so far! Any travel plans for the summer?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 am

Hi!

Yeah, I was a bit blown away by that statement, I feel like it’s going to be a lot of work but how dare they question if I’m able to handle it or not! It will be the same field but higher up, in high school instead of middle school.

I hear you on the terrible eating and snacking... For me it’s most likely all the bad nights (which, sadly, still continue) and not thinking about what to eat beforehand. I am going to focus on having healthy snacks readily available and hiding all the crappy stuff in cupboards. :) Adding some exercise would be good! At the moment I don’t really get any proper workouts.

I totally get the exhaustion with school! It will be over soon enough! Hang in there! Yes, we provide free transportation to and from school, all the heavy taxes cover it! (I pay more than 25% of my income in taxes.)

I wonder what is going on with Kensi? Could it be one of those phases when she is learning new things and being cranky because of that? I believe one phase of separation anxiety comes at that age, too.

What are your plans for the summer? We are pretty much staying at home, trying to get things done around here both inside and outside of the house, and my sister, nephew and mom are coming for a visit later this month. I am going to visit my aunt up north in early July, and I am also going to see my college buddies one weekend in late July... My cousin is planning on coming for a visit, as well. And then it will be August already, and daycare and work will begin. *sigh*

Have a great weekend and coming week!

P.S. we just had unprotected you-know-what during nap time... DH asked if we need any protection, and I told him that there’s a slight chance of pregnancy without any, and he decided to not use any. I wasn’t really aiming for TTC so early, but I guess you could call it NTNP at this point. I’m going to make sure he gloves up the next time, though. I don’t feel ready for pregnancy and I want to have a good chance of getting the permanent position.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups