TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC/Pregnant/Living Life after an IUD

Postby wakasa_78 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:52 am

Hello! TGIF! :) (And my birthday, hehe!)

How are you doing?

The doctor wants Samu to have an MRI which he'll be having on November 3. It issues all kinds of trouble because I need to keep him awake and without any food for 4 hours before the MRI and then feed him and hopefully get him to sleep just before the MRI... Remember how he mostly only sleeps in my arms during the day? Well, he also wakes up when there are loud noises, so I'm guessing the MRI machine will wake him up. I think the whole test is doomed, what a waste of taxpayers' money! (We only have to pay 37€ for the doctor's visits and medical examinations ourselves.)
DH is 38, has no known fertility issues
I am 38, have PCO, dermoid cysts, very little ovarian matter left
IUD removed in April, 2015 - TTC#1 since May, 2015
:bfp: on September 3, 2015 @ 13 DPO, EDD May 13, 2016
Baby BOY born on May 14, 2016
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:53 am

Happy birthday wakasa!!!!!! Any big birthday plans??

I checked in here but didn't see your last post, sorry about that!! There's a possibility that they might strap him down for the MRI so they can't move, I know here for little kids if need bebthey strap them down not hurting them but so they can run the testing that needs to get done, I'm not sure if they would where you are or not though. Let's just hope that it all goes smooth and you can get some good test results. Prayers for you, Dh and Samu!

We only got 1 bd in on the day my opk was positive so I'm not overly hopeful, we didn't really put much effort in lol. We have just had a lot on our plate that life is hitting us with so ttc is definity not something that's on our minds like it used to be. One thing at a time.

You're getting so close to your house being done, that's so exciting!!!! Is all going well??

Any weekend plans?
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:22 am

Thanks, Ckatta!! :)

We had dinner at a restaurant and then drove over to the new house because Samu fell asleep in the car and his nap would've been too short had we just gone home afterwards. There were men working at 7 p.m. on a Friday night! We got the keys for the house, yay! One more week, hopefully that's all that's needed.

Well, one BD is all it could take! :) Ihope life isn't giving you too much to handle.

Any plans for the weekend?
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi!!

KEYS!!!!!!! That's so exciting!!!! Wakasa you're so close to getting in there, then you'll be so busy unpacking and organizing your home!!!!! It'll be here then done before you know it!!!! I'm sure it's nice to know it's almost done and ready for you guys!!

No big plans this weekend, thankfully! Last weekend was super busy so no plans has been nice. We had gymnastics this morning then I had to run my son to the pediatrician but it ended up being a dental problem (infected tooth) but the pediatrician started him on an antibiotic until we can get to the dentist on Monday. Poor boy is in serious pain and his poor face is so swollen :(

We are just gonna lay low and hang out, it's been super cold and my son is miserable so a lazy weekend :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:52 am

Hi!

There's nothing wrong with a lazy weekend :) I hope your poor boy is feeling better already! But I guess your dentist's appointment is only coming since it's pretty early for you guys.

Speaking of teeth, our baby has one! I had to head in to a pharmacy to get some gum numbing agent and baby toothpaste. The handsome young man who works there was eager to help, totally brightened up my day! ;)

DH just sent me a message saying that we're getting the house signed over to us this Friday! I'm going out of my mind with joy!!! I'm so happy! I guess the weekend will be spent cleaning the new house and assembling the new furniture. We'll try to get the house to a state that's livable so that my mom and brother can stay there next week.

BTW, is it Father's Day over there, too, on the second Sunday of November? I'm trying to figure out what to buy for DH as a Father's Day present. Any ideas? :)

Have a great week!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:21 am

Morning!!!

We go back to the dentist again today then he will need an appointment to have his tooth removed :( he's responding nicely to the antibiotic, the swelling has gone down and his pain is controlled so that's good. Now just to get it removed and get that over with and on the road to feeling good again!!

He has a tooth already!!!! Wow that's awesome!!!! He's hitting huge milestones and getting so big I'm sure!! How is he sleeping??

FRUDAY!!!!!?????? That's such good news!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine how over joyed you guys are, you get to put your home together and have a yard for Samu, that's great wakasa!! You'll have a busy weekend :)

No it's not for us but I always go to the store and let the kids pick out dh's favorite things. Just something simple and small but he loves it. I can't remember what we did for dh's first Father's Day anymore. Sorry I'm not much help

I hope thecweek goes by quickly so you can get those keys!!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:13 am

Evening!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that your DS will have to have his tooth removed. Is it a permanent one? :( I'm glad he's getting good pain relief!

Actually it looks like both his front lower teeth have come out! And the upper front ones are slowly coming along, too. He hasn't bitten me yet, luckily :) His nights are 11-12 hours long, but he eats quite a few times, so I'm a bit tired in the mornings. I decided not to take a look at the clock when he wakes me up, so I can't tell how long his sleep stretches are. But I guess it's part of the deal right now. :) His daytime naps are still pretty short, 25-45 minutes for the most part, sometimes he may surprise me with a longer one. He's dropped a couple of naps, now it's down to two or three naps per day.

I need to figure out something for DH, time flies by so fast. It'll be Christmas before you know it!

Talk to you later!
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:52 am

Hi!!

How has your weekend been?? Lots of cleaning and putting things together??? I'm sure it's been nice to be in your brand new forever home!! Let the memories start being made!!

It's a baby tooth thankfully but it still has me cringing that he has to have it pulled, poor boy :( how has Samu been doing??

That would be a good night time stretch if only he stayed asleep lol. I can't believe he doesn't nap, I've never seen a baby not really nap before lol. Both of my kids bit me, it was gentle at first which I didn't like bc I knew hard biting would eventually follow, and it did.... It is painful when they really bite down, one of my kids made me bleed they broke the skin open. I hope he doesn't start biting you, after the first time I was bit hard I was nervous every time I nursed knowing it could happen again at any second lol they don't know any better. Fx he just doesn't bite lol.

I hope all is well and you're enjoying your weekend!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi!

I hope your weekend has been great! Sorry that the tooth had to come out, but luckily it was a baby tooth!

You guessed it, it's been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning... Well, my mom's cleaned while I've looked after the baby and made coffee for everyone, etc. My brother helped clean out the yard from all the construction waste and build storage outside. Today we were able to take out the new couch and armchair, they are so comfortable!

Tomorrow we'll take a break from the cleaning because it's my mom's birthday, we're buying her a new phone so we'll go shopping for one. We'll take her out to dinner, too, though we're not sure to which restaurant... :) Yikes!

We haven't packed anything yet, and there are still a few rooms left to clean at the new house, so it's not like we're moving in just yet. We're hoping to get things done by mid-November but I feel it may be optimistic. The baby prevents me from doing a lot and DH is working during the week. But we'll see!

I wish you a great week ahead! I probably won't be online a lot, it'll be hectic at my end. :)
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:09 am

Hi!!!

Sorry I've been MIA. My son is doing well, healing up nicely!! We've been so crazy busy this last week, and I'm sure you have been too!!

How's it going with the house? Making a lot of progress?? How was your moms birthday??

We just celebrated my sons burthday , we got him a dirt bike. He was so excited and has been on it every second he can be lol.

I know Samu has his appointment coming up or just had it maybe?? Keep me updated on that!!!

I've got a job interview tomorrow at the school, fx that goes well we could use the extra money. Not much else going on, we are getting ready for winter. Time to put everything outside away until spring. How's your weather been??

I hope all is well with you guys!! :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:36 am

Hi!

I'm glad to hear your son is getting better. :) It's been crazy busy, for sure! FX your job interview goes well!!!

My mom's birthday was nice, as was the rest of the week. They left on Sunday and I've been missing them ever since. :) We're supposed to move all the big furniture this Saturday and DH has taken both Friday and Monday off work to make it happen. FX we'll get everything done by Monday! The new tenants are supposed to move in on Tuesday. (EDIT: DH informed me that the people who were supposed to move in aren't doing that, so we have until the end of this month to complete the move. We're still moving hiuse this weekend.)

It's winter here already! We're getting more snow every day. I have trouble figuring out how many clothes to put on the baby... Who didn't get the MRI last week, after all. The radiology department had decided that he's too small for the MRI at our hospital so the test has been moved up to god knows when and to a different hospital (the main pediatric hospital in the country). I'm beginning to get anxious because my mom said she thinks the bump is bigger than what it was in September. :(

Have a great week! :)
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:47 am

Just got notified of the MRI appointment, it's in two weeks!
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:30 am

Hi!!!

My interview went okay! They called my references and have said that as long as I can back a background check (which doesn't concern me) I should be good to go!! Exciting and scary, I'm used to being home it's a big change!

How much moving did you get done?? Are you all done??

We have really gotten lucky here, the temps are still in the 50's during the day but cold at night. We typically have snow by now but I won't complain, I don't like snow lol. We had all the neighborhood kids here the other day all playing a huge game a football out in the yard, it was a bit chilly but we started a fire and they roasted hot dogs!

Do you have to go some place else for his MRI?? Try not to worry or panic , im sure it's hard but try to stay positive. Hopefully you'll get some solid results from his scan and you'll know exactly what's going on. Fx and lots of prayers for you guys for good results!

I've got lots of housework to catch up on after a weekend of boys tearing up my house , but they all had fun that's all that matters!!
Have a great week!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wakasa_78 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi!

Wow, well done on the interview!!! Congrats!! I'm excited for you, hehe!

We're not all done, but we're living at the new house and slowly packing up and bringing stuff over from storage and the apartment. I'm guessing it's going to take the rest of the month to get everything done properly.

It's our son's 6-month birthday today and DH got him a high chair as a present. I guess it's time to get started on the solids... I want to try BLW (baby-led weaning), but I read up on it and can't get past the CPR instructions in case he is suffocating... :( Maybe we'll start with him eating pureed stuff that I feed him.

Yes, we're going to the capital to the leading children's hospital for the MRI. I try not to think about it too much.

Guess who got AF for Father's Day?! I thought I would get to live AF free for a little bit longer... Oddly though, it's not painful at all. That part I do like. :)

Have a great week!
Last edited by wakasa_78 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wakasa_78
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:27 am

Hi!!

Still no phone call so I'm not sure the interview went well. I'll keep on looking and interviewing.

Are you happy to be living in your new home? I'm sure if feels good to work on getting settled and getting all the moving done!! Is Samu cooperating and letting you get stuff done hehe

It's so interesting how different things are. We usually start our babies on the baby cereal once a day around 4 months then work up from there by 6 months they are eating the baby food and cereal plus breastfed/bottle. It's typically cereal morning and evening then a feeding during the day of puréed food then bottles/breastfed in between. I enjoy hearing the differences , it's interesting.

Happy 6 months Samu!!!!

You've not had af since you had Samu?? Maybe that'll jump start your normal hormones including your sex drive! How was your dh's father day?? It stinks that of course af had to show up that day, she's a pain lol.

Got lots of moving plans this week??

Thankfully I've had a week that's been pretty free, I've been scrubbing my house like crazy!! Its been nice to get caught up on everything!! Im not done but maintaining what is done then trying to conquer another area daily. It's keeping me busy :)

Have a great week!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups