Trying to be more relaxed. Anyone else?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Trying to be more relaxed. Anyone else?

Postby B Michaelson » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Faith - I used to take my son to daycare but we moved in March and the new daycare was horrible so he goes to a dayhome down the block and we love it. It's way cheaper and she is so good with him. They go for a lot of walks and she includes a lot of activities that seem enriching. Daycare is so freaking expensive, but I can't afford not to work right now. No idea how we will manage 2 when the time comes one day.

Pelvic floor physio. I never knew it existed before my son either and had no idea so many people needed it. It's hard to get into one here but I'm glad I did. I only wish I had known about it before I gave birth and I might have been able to get them to help me avoid some issues I ended up with, although probably most of it is due to my body more than anything. Although I'll admit I wouldn't be upset if I ended up pg and having to skip the needles haha.

We aren't telling anyone about ttc either. Last time I ended up giving lots of bad news and I hope to avoid that this time. Also it's a sensitive issue in my family since my younger sister can't have kids and is having a hard time with it. It was hard breaking the news to her last time and I'm really nervous about the next one.

Hopeful - I'm sorry to hear this AF is being so nasty for you. AF sucks at the best of times. It'll be exciting once you get closer to O.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Alright there is a lot of catching up to do. Let me try ;)
Faith, Congrats on getting the interview call. Lets hope the starting time will be reasonable. Would you prefer this job over the at home postion?

I wish liked cleaning as much as you. I just do the job when necessary but I do love cooking so that’s what I do when I am feeling down.

Yes 3 days, I have only taken care of one of them at a time.This will be the first time with the 2 kids. I am a bit scared but also excited. That will be the preview of our future life as I want 2 babies 
I am a TV show addict. These days I am in my guilty pleasure phase so I am watching the real house wives of NYC and Beverly Hills, back to back starting Season 1. I regularly follow Modern family, the Suits, The Big Bang Theory, Devious maids. Loved the good wife but its unfortunately over.

Its interesting that you can feel O due to ovarian pain. My O is like super silent, I would not even know if I am not tracking cm and temps. Hope you are feeling better now.

B Michaelson, like you we also start BD passionately after AF but soon it becomes routine. By the time I O, I really want a break from BD.

For us, my elder sis and mom know that we are TTC. I am quite close to them and I really thought I could use some sincere best wishes and prayers. Talking to my sister helped a lot as she also went a rather shorter subfertility phase. It took her more than 1.5 years to conceive her first. I learned from her that its better to start fertility work up sooner than later as sometimes the issue is minor and can be easily treated as it was the case with her. For her the problem was progesterone deficiency and it literally took only 2 weeks for her to get pregnant with progesterone supplement. She just wishes that her obgyn had listened to her earlier when she went to her after 6 months of TTC. She was sent home to ‘try’ for at least another 6 months. :doh: I am glad that I listened to her and forced my obgyn to do basic fertility work up after only 6 months. Now we know that DH has some issues and my thyroid is not at its best so we can do something to improve our situation.
Marimo, welcome to TWW! How do you like TWW? For me last week of the TWW is usually the hardest.

AFM, CD4 and far from testing for anything. Gladly AF is on her way out. We can resume BD starting Tuesday. Sadly, that will be the only BD I will get this cycle. DH is going on a business trip for 10 days and he is flying on CD7 (I O around CD11-12). To get me pregnant, we will need some super energetic and resilient sperms who could survive until O. However little our chances will be, I am pretty sure I will be praying for a miracle and hoping for a BFP.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 32, no known issues except early hypothyroidism
DH: 32, Sperm analysis #1 (Jun'16) morphology poor (2%) with severe DNA fragmentation, SA #2 (Jul'17) - Perfectly normal morphology and no severe DNA frg (God is the greatest)

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby B Michaelson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:27 am

Hopeful - it's always different taking care of someone else's kids than it is with your own. I bet you will do great.

I wish I liked cooking but I don't. I don't like cleaning either but once I get into it I'm ok and I'm much better at it than cooking lol.

Oh man, I don't even remember the last time I watched tv. I watch Netflix but I often wonder why I still have cable.

I sometimes feel O. Usually not, but the month I got my BFP I definitely did. I'm feeling like I did this month too but who knows.

I did tell a friend at work who is also close with my sister. They are ttc their second as well and we just talked about whether or not we should say anything or wait until we get bfps. I'm pretty close to my mom and I would normally say something but I think I'll give it a few months first. Not sure why.

If you DO BD on cd6 or 7 you still have a chanc if you O up to cd12. I always hated those months where business trips got in the way. Getting ready to cross my fingers for you!
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:22 am

Bmichealson, I think its good to have someone who knows, other than our DHs.

I actually got a bit upset with DH for why he could not delay his trip by few days as his actual conference won't even start until next Monday. But I do understand that he cannot control everything and his boss wanted him to go early to prepare. I would have been fine with a last BD on CD10.

Lets see how the month will work out. Some day sperms survive upto 1 week but some say mostly they only survive 48 hours.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
DH: 32, Sperm analysis #1 (Jun'16) morphology poor (2%) with severe DNA fragmentation, SA #2 (Jul'17) - Perfectly normal morphology and no severe DNA frg (God is the greatest)

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby faithrock » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:08 am

Hi ladies. I'm poking my head in right quick. I feel like poo. I just don't do well at all when it is humid or just rainy in general. I have Chiari Malformation I with syringomyelia. I had decompression surgery to basically save my life but the old neck and head still give me probs every now and then. So I'm here but might be on the down low a bit until my energy returns.

hugs :babydustg: :babydustb:
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:19 am

Sorry to hear that Faith. There are a few people in my EDS group with chiari and I know it's not very comfortable for them. I hope you start feeling better soon. Hugs.

Hopeful, it would be hard not to be frustrated with that too. My husband works for the same company as me but his department/manager are very relaxed about things like work location and hours and mine aren't at all. It's sometimes hard for him to understand why I can't just take time off or come home early whenever I want. So I can understand both sides. This whole ttc thing can get a bit frustrating a lot of the time.

Mari, how you are doing well. Anything new going on with you?
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:02 am

B, totally agree. I would not wish TTC stress on my worst enemies. DH and I talked about our baby plans yesterday and seems like he wants to try IUI already this year. Its just that its not easy to get appointments with RE, esp the one that we want to see. 3-4 months waiting and I myself am a bit confused. Do I want to give up my hopes of a natural BFP so soon? I am feeling quite sad because our chances are very low this month.

Anyway, how is your LO doing?

Faith, hope you are feeling better honey. I am also feeling like poo at the moment.There are people around me who accidentally got pregnant while on BC, girls who party like there-will-be-no-tomorrow getting pregnant and here I am! I was asking DH why us? There are only 5-10% couples i this world who are infertile. With everything else, we are so blessed and lucky. Anyway, pity party should end now.

Lots of love to you all
TTC#1 since Feb 2016

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby B Michaelson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:49 am

Hopeful, doesn't it always seem to go that way? I told my mom that we never should have planned ttc and maybe it would have been easier.

You could always initiate the RE appt now and that would give you a few more months or so to keep trying on your own. Here I think the wait can be up to a year to get in. It's also possible you could still have longer to get your BFP since they would likely take a few cycles to do blood work and tests first.

LO...oh dear. He has not been sleeping well and yesterday he had a complete meltdown when I tried to drop him off at the day home. Not sure what's going on, but we are all tired and he is really out of sorts lately. I'm hoping it's just new teeth and overtiredness.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mari Mo04 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:01 am

Hey Hopeful, Faith and Bmichaelson! Just popping in on my mobile quick. My in laws are moving this week and we are helping out so life is nuts.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from my doctor about an ultrasound I had last week. We're trying to pinpoint possible causes for my recurrent miscarriages. Hoping for answers soon.

Hope you all are having a good week so far!
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby B Michaelson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:58 am

Mari - they are lucky to have you helping. Moving sucks lol. Too much chaos for me.

I hope you get your results soon. Are they looking for anything specific or are they going to do any other tests? How many losses have you had?

I think RMs are one of the scariest ttc things. You don't ever feel safe. You just keep waiting for that BFP, then waiting to make sure it sticks, then nervous until you get that babe in your arms and even then you are nervous about SIDS and stuff. It never really goes away.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:50 am

Hey everyone. Back.

Many I thought my joints were going to pop loose. Head pain has died down tremendously. Thank God. Now I can calmly obsess about ttc :wink:

Is anyone else bored? I don't know if its because I feel like maybe we missed the egg or that I just don't feel anything that's telling me I'm pregnant. Also, I think of the long wait after a bfp to finding out via ultra sound if there's a heart beat. It is all very tiring. Wow, I sound depressing :rofl: Good grief I can hear the small violin playing.

So, hey, can everyone please just tell me what cycle day everyone is on?

I'm on CD 16/ 4DPO according to FF. My chart looks like I kept getting poked by pokers cause my temp goes up down up down...hahah Oh, and I'm having the weirdest thing happen. My poop has turned green :oops: (tmi sorry) But I'm wondering if its because of the prenatal vitamins. I dont recall this happening last time. I got the target version.
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Sorry if it seems like I'm posting a lot. I find it easier to respond if there are only a couple posts since I have to work off my iPad and can't do personals easily if there are a lot of posts.

Oh faith lol. Glad you are feeling better. I am also very bored at 4 dpo. Really trying not to obsess but finding it a challenge. I'm thinking about ttc too much already. I did decide I probably wouldn't test at 7 dpo though as I don't see the point. I don't expect anything until at least 9 or 10 dpo.

I was just thinking today how I hate the early weeks of a BFP and find it more stressful than ttc because I end up so focused on the fear of losing it or my other tube. I can usually get a pretty early scan in since I'm higher risk but it never means all will be well of course. The day we went for the hb scan was terrifying for me.
DS ended up growing huge fast though and showed his little temper even at 12 weeks (he had a little in utero tantrum when the nurse nudged my tummy to get him to turn) so he was pretty stubborn and determined from the start lol.

I would love if we could all get quick bfps this month! I'm sure we will see something from someone.

Green poo, hmm, maybe it's from the added iron in the prenatals?
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 pm

BMichaelson: hahah..little man tantrum...omg that is so funny. And you said it, while I want an early bfp I don't want the baby to be stuck in my tube either giving off plenty of hcg...eeeek.. Girl, I'm psyching myself out.

I understand the Ipad thing. It drives me bonkers trying to do the internet on there. I go in between my laptop and desktop. Depending on the time of day. Oh, and I need to have early scans too but I don't even have a doctor for sure yet as I am newly married and not on his insurance. But I need to get on it so I'm prepared already.

I actually want my tubes tied after birth so I'm wondering if they will do a cesarean on me. My cervix probably has so much scar tissue cerclage they may think its best.

Man am I tired, I am crashing early tonight. I keep waking up way too early in the morning and being a light sleeper I can't go back to sleep.

I'll check back in her later :)
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:14 am

Welp, 5dpo, and I want to do is face plant back into my pillow. I passed on two job interviews because DH and I decided it was too much of a drive and we want some thing more part time so I can be home with our daughter while we ttc because his hours are crazy. Childcare is scant in these parts too. So, I've stuck myself out there a few more times last night in some places close by home with decent drive times. But I'm so glad I'm not working at this very moment because I'm just really grouchy, creamy and sleepy. Yes, I said creamy, so creamy my hand almost slipped into the toilet. I was so tired I didn't understand at first. I thought 'how could I forget how to wipe?'.. :rofl: What does it mean? I have no idea. I just don't. Everyone is different and while I hope it means 'bun in the oven', I need multiple hcg tests, see a heart beat, 50 (just checking) sonograms, and a healthy happy baby in my arms before I can truly relax. Feel me?

And Oh, sweet peaches, I researched last night the cost of having a child with our current insurance and realized that its not a 'maybe should get a job' that junk is a must. :omg: I know who I want to see now but its going to cost us and I've looked at the cheapest route with this person but being high risk, dang, I don't know if I can afford all the treatment I need to get in order to make sure everything goes ok.

I guess before I stress too much though better get a bfp first :D

Alright, ladies, that's my ramble for this morning. Hope y'all are fairing ok. Talk to you later.
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:33 am

Umm I did a double-take with that creamy comment. I thought it was a typo at first haha.

Babies are expensive. I think they say it's around 10k per year for one kid but it's probably more. I don't envy you guys having to pay for all your health care. I love being able to walk in and walk out for any type of medical issue or appt. The only thing that's not really covered here is fertility treatment, which sucks. My poor sister has forked over tens of thousands for treatment and IVF, then more for adoption and she wants to try IVF again but doesn't have the money right now. It bothers me that people who can't have kids have to go broke trying.

K I'll write more later, gotta run to work.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson