Anyone in their TWW in September?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone in their TWW in September?

Postby HopeSIN » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I've had my 2nd IUI this month and am currently 8dpiui. So at least another four days till I can test but already getting super freaked out...is there anyone on a similar schedule who wants to exchange a bit during their TWW?

Looking forward to hearing from you ladies : -)
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
May 16: Stillbirth :angel:
IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN
Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy
IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN :(
Feb'17: first round of IVF
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Anyone in their TWW in September?

Postby Nic&la » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:03 am

Hi hopeSIN, hope the wait hasn't been too torturous for you - have you tested?

Not in a too similar boat, but 6/7dpo today so not far off! Only my 3rd ovulatory cycle this year so chilling out and enjoying the surge of progesterone for a change lol
Married May 2015 me Nic 29 DH 36
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HopeSIN » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:16 am

Nice to hear from you! Oh, so you're ovulating irregularly? Are you on any progesterone meds? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

I did test yesterday (12dpiui) and today (13dpiui) and it was a BNF :( Even though I was pretty sure all along it didn't work out this IUI cycle, it's always still disappointing and sad to have it confirmed...
We're gonna do a new cycle straight away, which would be around 25th - 28th of September. But the endless waiting is killing me...
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nic&la » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 pm

Agh sorry it hasn't worked out this cycle for you, that's so cool you get to pick it straight back up again and try again. Hopefully third time is the one!

How long have you been trying for?

I've been ttc for about a year and half, my cycles are really long, 50 days, and I don't always ovulate which is a massive pain! Haven't tried any meds yet but have first appt in Oct so hoping to get prescribed Chlomid and just have go after go until one sticks!
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HopeSIN » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:54 am

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing that it didn't work out.
Our timeline of TTC was somewhat different, since I'm a bit of a control freak and already dragged my back then fiancé to have us both tested just before our wedding. The test results showed that while I'm all good, there's unfortunately fertility problems with him. So we knew all along that our chances of TTC naturally were very slim. So we still tried it for 8 months, then went to do a IUI. The first IUI worked and we were over the moon, just to then be completely devastated when I had a stillbirth in my 6th month of pregnancy (24th week). That was mid May. So now this was our 2nd round of IUI. It's been a really really hard time since the stillbirth and it's very emotional for us to get back on the "TTC train". So even sadder that it didn't work out this round of IUI (even though logically we know that chances are only around 15-20% of it working each time).

As for you guys, I think you both should consider to potentially see a doctor as soon as possible. OBGYNs both in Singapore (where I live) and in Europe (where I'm from) recommend to see a doctor if both partners are below 35 and have been trying without success for more than 12 months and if one partner is older than 35 they recommend to go see a OBGYN after 6 cycles of trying.
I'm sorry to hear about your issue with the long cycles - I read a lot on other boards though that this is something that can be influenced with medication and can be shortened.

It's crazy how there's some women get pregnant "accidentally" and then there's women like us struggling so much with it : -(
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nic&la » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:44 pm

So sorry to hear about your stillbirth....it's really comforting to see you so brave trying again so soon. Can't imagine how difficult that must be, but it's a risk of any pregnancy. I had a really early CM last cycle and it was devastating enough.

Come back in October after the 3rd round, will be good to see how you getting on. Good luck

If this cycle doesn't work out for me (I'm DPO10/11 today) by early October I'll still be in my never ending follicular phase(!) but will keep an eye out :)

Take care
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HopeSIN » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:53 am

Nic&la wrote:So sorry to hear about your stillbirth....it's really comforting to see you so brave trying again so soon. Can't imagine how difficult that must be, but it's a risk of any pregnancy. I had a really early CM last cycle and it was devastating enough.

Come back in October after the 3rd round, will be good to see how you getting on. Good luck

If this cycle doesn't work out for me (I'm DPO10/11 today) by early October I'll still be in my never ending follicular phase(!) but will keep an eye out :)

Take care

Hey Nic, sorry for having been MIA. Was crazy busy at work :-/ I'm now in my TWW for the next IUI cycle. I should be able to test on Wednesday (so three days to go). What was the outcome of your cycle? Did it hopefully work out?!
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster