TTC#2 September 2016 Hopefuls - Thread 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC#2 September 2016 Hopefuls - Thread 2

Postby Sandralin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Here we go ladies... new start! Kat, for you it's a new start in other ways as well!
Me: 32 DH: 39
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: TTC#2 September 2016 Hopefuls - Thread 2

Postby carrotk » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:51 pm

I was just thinking we might need a new thread! Thanks for making it!

I totally know what you mean, I am much more open here too. Although I did have a good talk with my friend who also had a missed miscarriage today. I can't help but think back over my panic when I found out she was pregant and be a little bit embarrassed. I can't believe how this has all turned out, but I just have to believe it was all for a good reason.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your DH's blood work and that you can get in with the endo quickly! Hoping your BFN was just too early.

I'm not really sure when to expect AF. I thought I had stopped bleeding yesterday but then had some spotting today. From what I've read some women start their next cycle 28 days after their miscarriage and unfortunately some have to wait 5-6 weeks or more. I'm really really praying I'm in the 28 day group! If that were the case i should be starting around Oct 10th.
Hypothyroid
March 2014: BFP, baby girl born 11/2014
Nov 2015: started TTC #2
July 2016: BFP - m/c @ 10 weeks
Aug 2017: BFP [8/1 beta 1: 6, 8/4 beta #3: 37]

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/492852]
carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Flybutter » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am

Sandra, I work from home as an Apple tech advisor. We just launched iPhone 7 so the lines are ringing off the hook!

Hoping your hubby gets his bloodwork back soon and on with the plan of action to get you two baby making! Sorry to hear of the BFN, hoping too that it was just too soon!

Kat, really impressed with your attitude during this hard time you are going through! I'm sorry to hear you had some pain and bleeding after thinking it was all over with and being ready to move on. :(
Maybe if your period is too delayed your doctor will induce with provera? That is what mine did after my mc and I had still not gotten my AF after 6 weeks.
Kimberly (33) married to Joshua (35) ~ February 11, 2016.

PCOS
Clomid #1 50MG - July - Miscarriage September 17th, 2015 - 8wks :angel:
Clomid #2 50MG - November - Annovulatory - CD21 1.8 - BFN
Clomid #3 100MG - December - Ovulated - CD21 6.3 - BFN
Clomid #4 100MG - January - Ovulated - CD21 18.5 - BFN
Clomid #5 100MG - February - Ovulated - No CD21 Because of Lab Mixup - BFN
Clomid #6 150MG - April - Ovulated - Didn't bother with CD21 - Discouraged - BFN
Month off clomid - May - Ovulated - No CD 21 - 06/06/2016 :bfp:

June 13 Beta: 1228 - Progesterone: 17.5
June 15 Beta: 2759
June 22 Beta: 28,354

:hb: 6w1d: 101 bpm
:hb: 13w5d: 159 bpm

Flybutter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carrotk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Fly, I hadn't even thought about inducing my period. I'm glad to hear there are options! I was starting to get scared reading stories about women waiting so long for their cycle to start again. I'm still holding out hope that mine will start back up like normal, but I'm really happy that there are options out there if I don't!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Hello ladies, so glad we all made it to the new thread.

So, again, I received no notifications that y'all had posted so I've tried subscribing again... Grr!

Kat, it sounds great that there are possibly period starting options. It seems like each woman is different in starting back from what I've heard. At least now you have a great OB who you can trust and rely on. That's definitely a blessing through all this. Of course it's terrible that you both had to go through these awful times, but I am very glad you have someone close to you who has been through the same emotions and struggles you are facing. I'm sure you will still have good days and bad days, but you know you have us here to talk to and your friend who truly empathizes (Although Fly knows about it as well)

Fly, whew, I'm sure that new iPhone has you busy! Hopefully it'll calm down a bit in the next few months and you can relax. 3rd trimester always seems to bring its own aches and pains and it's sometimes nice to slow down before baby comes (although I cannot promise how much sleep you'll get in the last trimester... I found I could never get comfortable until I just passed out!)

Nothing new here. I am ??dpo... I still don't know whether to go by my instinct or my app. DH tried going for his blood tests today but one of the tests had some sort of strange terminology, so they had to call the doctors office and wait for a response to clarify what it was, so the entire trip out there was a waste. I'm starting to feel like we are hitting roadblock after roadblock in pursuing treatment for DH. First the urologist, then being sent to an endo, then not being able to find one and all that mess with the referral, and now this. It's kinda like, are we even getting anywhere? I know we can't just give up because DH clearly has something going on, but it just seems like once we finally feel like we are moving forward, we are hit with another roadblock. Sorry, just feeling rather negative this evening. I'm feeling my normal, typical, by the book pre-AF symptoms so I have lost hope again this month. I even gave in to the chocolate craving tonight because I just know she's coming.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Sandy, you have every right to feel the way you do. You have had obstacle after obstacle and you've handled it all so gracefully! I always have such a hard time accepting how this process can be so mind boggingly simple for some, and yet so so so so hard for others. We're all human, we all have the same parts, the same biology, why isn't it just the same for everyone!?!?! I'm really hoping and praying things turn around for you soon and you and your DH can catch a break!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:11 pm

So, AF arrived today. Boo! I guess that confirms my suspicions about ovulating when I KNEW I was rather than my app, on CD16 not CD18. Oh well. I kinda knew it was coming so I'm over it. Plus, we are going to Florida on Oct 1 for a week with the whole fam so now I know I can have a few adult beverages on the balcony and not worry. However, I've had horrible cramps this evening, which I never have. I took pain relievers and had to actually lay down. I still have the heating pad going. So strange, cuz if I ever do get cramps, they dont even require any medication, heat, nothing. They are almost non-existent. Weird. These bodies are so confusing.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Boo. Sorry to hear about AF. That is strange about the cramps. It amazes (and frustrates) me how our bodies can just chug along doing the same exact thing month after month and then change out of nowhere. I hope the discomfort didn't last too long!

I'm 12 days out from the D&C and still very lightly bleeding/spotting. Kind of frustrating because I worry the longer this goes on the longer it will take for my next cycle to start, but who knows. Trying not to worry and just enjoy this time with wine, sushi, and all the coffee I want. Emotionally things are starting to get much better and I'm finally starting to look forward to trying again when we can.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:53 am

Hey ladies,

Sorry I've been quiet. DD has a cold and she's been a bit miserable. Luckily no fever, but she still is very congested. Hopefully she can get better quickly cuz we leave for the beach on Saturday!

How are you both doing? Kat, how's the spotting and all? Any signs of it letting up? Fly, you finding time to relax with your busy work season?

Not much going on here. AF is over so it's time to get busy. O day should be while we are on vacation, which is great in some respects, but we will also be sharing a room with DD and sharing a condo with my whole family. Yikes! Gotta get creative I guess.

So, DH and I have decided to wait with all the medical stuff for now. We've been praying about it and really feel like we need to trust God for this miracle. Not that there's anything wrong with doctors and a more medical approach, we just feel like this is right for us right now. So of course, it's driving me crazy because I can't be "in control"... But I found an awesome devotional thing online about "31 days of prayer for infertility " and it's been incredibly encouraging. Definitely the encouragement I need! I just need to trust that God is in control and He can make this happen. After all, DH still does have sperm, they are just not as prevalent! Hehe.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Hey! I've been quite myself over here. We just got back from a trip to see the city we're moving to next. It ended up being a wonderful trip, but up until we left I had kind of been dreading it. It was just one of those things where I was finally just starting to feel somewhat normal after the whole m/c and didn't want to go on a trip.. I was just craving my normal routine. But anyway, like I said, it was wonderful and we got a really good feel for the city and reconnected with some old friends (who actually had suffered a m/c last year so they knew exactly what we were going through).

So sorry to hear about DD! Colds are so miserable for babies and toddlers. I mean, I guess colds are miserable for everyone haha but it's so hard on the littles. Hope she feels better soon. I totally understand what you mean about stepping away from the medical side of everything. I love that you're doing a devotional! I was actually just thinking about looking for something like that as we start getting ready to try again. It is so hard not being in control!!! On our long drive DH and I talked for a long time about feeling out of control with the whole process and how to approach try again with an open mind and understanding that in the end it's not up to us. On the one hand I totally understand, but at the same time it's so hard to let go. I think I really need to look for some kind of devotional or something to help me keep my mind in the right place.

As for my cycle/recovery... I FINALLY think I've stopped bleeding. Its been two full weeks now and I had a very very small amount of spotting yesterday, but I really think this is the end. I just feel different, too. I finally have been in the mood to BD and my body overall just feels different. I'd almost guess that I might be ovulating based on the way I feel, but I've read that I can't really trust my body's signs until the next cycle starts and I'm sure everything has regulated. I'm hoping that I am ovulation though because that gives me hope my next cycle will start like usual.
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Hey all!

Kat, I'm so glad your trip went well. Also, so happy the spotting/bleeding has stopped. Sounds like your body is trying to get back to normal!

Just a short one tonight. Been a busy week with DD finally on the mend and preparing for our vacation next week. I haven't really thought much about TTC lately, so maybe that's a good thing.

Oh, that website with the devotional is amateurnester.com. I like that they are short but they really give me something to focus on that day. There is a devotional to purchase but I haven't done that yet. Sooooo good.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Hey! Sorry I missed that you posted somehow. So i thought u was done bleeding but the I started spotting off and on. It's actually pretty odd, it's almost like I'm getting EWCM but with blood mixed in. Sorry if that's tmi.. it's just weird because I can't tell if my uterus is still recovering or if I'm trying to ovulate, or both?
Emotionally I thought that I was fine, but then my in laws asked to come out last minute for a visit next week and I started crying out of nowhere. Not that I don't want to see them, I'd really love to see them, I just really was looking forward to the next 3 weeks because until the end of October we had no plans and nothing going on. I sort of latched onto the idea that I'd have those 3 weeks to get back to normal and just have my plain boring routine so I could focus on feeling like myself again. Still undecided if they will be visiting or not, but made me realize I definitely need to still process emotionally some stuff. Thanks for the website to the devotional, I'm excited to check it out!
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:29 am

Oh gosh Kat, I know that's hard. I know you've said how much you enjoy your in-laws coming, but I totally understand just wanting to have some routine for a bit. I'm sure it'll all work out. Maybe if they do come, they can take DD and you can have some time to process things a bit. There may be a silver lining after all!

That's odd about the spotting. I wonder if your body is trying to ovulate but it is just getting "rid" of the last of the blood. I'm not medical, just a guess. You've been pretty much on schedule with your cycles in the past, give or take a day or two. Did you say you were going to start with OPKs again? Sorry, I cannot remember. He he!

So today is my famous CD9... I'm curious to see if there is any CM as I usually have lots today. DH and I haven't BD in a while... hopefully I can persuade him tonight before we are with my family all week! I'm SO looking forward to the beach. I am also looking forward to a cold one or a glass of wine on the ocean front balcony without fear of "possibly" being pregnant. Bring on the sushi and seafood too! DH and I are feeling very content and at peace about not pursuing the medical route at the moment. It sounds crazy when I logically think about it, because why wouldn't we "cover our bases" to make this happen, but when God says to trust Him, we trust Him. Whether the outcome is another child or not, we are still going to trust Him. Plus, we have a pretty amazing DD already!

Her birthday is on Tuesday, so birthday at the beach! It's funny cuz my best friend (and one of DDs best friends is her daughter) will be staying a mile down the road from us at the beach, so between DDs cousins and her friend, we have enough people to have a party! hehe.
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby carrotk » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Hey! Posting this from my phone real quick and then writing an update on the real computer... haha sorry for being weird!

** OK, sorry about that. I just had to post the pic from my phone, but I really prefer responding on the computer so I can look back to the previous posts.**

So I haven't been taking OPKs or temping or anything really. I'm still having some EWCM today but it's still mixed with some brown blood and It wasn't until I read your last post that I thought "well, I might as well just take an OPK, it can't hurt and maybe I'll have a better understanding of whats going on." So I took one and this is what I got, looks positive or at least almost positive right? It seems like my body is at least trying to ovulate, but I've also just got some leftover blood it's trying to get rid of (like you mention). I know there is a lot of debate about whether it's safe to get pregnant right after a m/c with no period in between, but given what's happening right now I'm glad we decided to wait. I'd worry the spotting is a sign that my lining isn't 100% healed/back to to normal. On the other hand, the fact that my body is at least trying to ovulate is very, very, very encouraging for me. I know nothing is guaranteed and I might still not actually O, but it makes me feel good that my body is at least trying to get back to normal. I'm really hoping and praying that this means I'll get my first cycle in the next 12-15 days and we can get this show back on the road! Still undecided if I want to start temping again or if I just want to go by CM and OPKs and not get too obsessed.

Sandy, your upcoming beach vacation sounds wonderful!! I'm so glad you're feeling at peace moving forward. I'm really trying to focus on my relationship with God right now and finding that peace again. I had a long talk with my friend today (the one who also had a m/c) about trusting God moving forward and doing the work, but being at peace with his plan. It can be so tough at times! But on the other hand, since we really have no control over the whole thing anyway, there is definitely a sense of peace that I get from giving it over to God. At least I'm working on it haha!

I hope your DD has a fantastic b-day! Is she turning 3? Our DD's b-day is in a little less than 2 months and I've been on the fence about having a party or not. I'm leaning towards just a small dinner with family and maybe a few friends since she's still so little she doesn't know the difference!
Attachments
2016-09-30 14.25.32.jpg
OPK 19 days post D&C
2016-09-30 14.25.32.jpg (136.58 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
Hypothyroid

carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sandralin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Kat, that definitely looks like a positive or nearly positive to me! And no worries about the phone post first. I prefer getting on here on the laptop, but it doesn't always happen. Right now, DH is working on the laptop as I think we have some sort of virus.

I know I never did temping, but it's actually been quite nice not doing much of anything while TTC (well, except the obvious!). No OPKs, no crazy charting, just rolling with it. I do wish I still did OPKs near ovulation though, cuz I seem to have a 3 day window of when O comes, but I may use them next month. This month, im gonna let my hair blow in the breeze on the lovely Florida coast!

You know, I'm also going through a huge "relying on God" time too, as I know I've shared before. Dh and I have started going back to church regularly and really seeking after God. I tell you, although I still am concerned with TTC, the unexplainable contentment and peace is amazing. Of course I have my moments, but I've felt so much stronger and at peace this month. I think finally letting go of the medical stuff was like the last weight of it all. (I may have to go back and read this post on the days that I'm not feeling so content and peaceful! Hehe).

Yes, DD is turning 3. I have to say, I'm sad she's getting older but I'm also so thankful for each stage of her life. Some people get hung up on their child staying a baby forever, but it's been so fun lately being able to converse with DD, and her sense of humor has come through more and more. I do hope that get to go thru all those stages again, but it's fun seeing what DD is doing next!

So my little reply has turned into a sappy novel! Haha. Time to go to bed, the beach awaits tomorrow! Keep those updates coming. I'm so very excited for you Kat, it sounds like your body is definitely back in the groove!
DD born 10/04/2013
TTC #2 since June 2015
Sandralin
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups