2017 Baby Buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2017 Baby Buddies!

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Members:

BeeCee33
Name: Becca
Health notes: Had mirena IUD removed 11/10/16. Trying for number 2!

nelsonfamjam
Name: Brittany, 27
Health Notes: TTC first baby after paragard IUD

Sparklie
Name: Jen
Heath Notes: PCOS, On Letrozole + Metformin, TTC #2

cloz75
Name : Claudia
Health notes : newly PREGNANT! (YAY) after TTC#1 for 11 months. Hypothyroidism

Bibilibop
Name:Alex
Health notes: NewlyPREGNANT! (!) With first child.

BabyMartin1104
Name: Jennifer
Health note: Ttc #1

kimmiekims402
Name: Kim
Health notes: PREGNANT! miscarriage and DNE in June, irregular cycles since then

Ashley2016
Name: Ashley
Health notes: Nothing confirmed but suspected endometriosis and scar tissue on right ovary.

margaretandco
First Name: Margaret
Health notes: We have sweet 7 year old little boy, who is the light of our life! Started ttc again in September 2015, got pregnant New Years Eve. Sadly we lost our bub in April at 20 weeks. Started ttc again in August and currently on cycle 5/month 4. Hoping and praying for our rainbow baby everyday.
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:59 am, edited 14 times in total.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 2017 Baby Buddies!

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:58 pm

MK, so sorry to hear AF showed up. Best of luck and baby dust for this next cycle!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK1973 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Thanks BeeCee lot of family drama, and having my father nut up on us this month didn't help. I'm in a healthier, less angry environment to ttc. :D
MK1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MK1973 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Oh and thanks for making the group
MK1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nelsonfamjam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:01 am

Hi ladies :hi:

@MK - So glad you're in a better place to TTC now. Less stress is always best.

@BeeCee - Thanks for making the group. I think I'm behind everyone because of the time difference but oh well :lol:

AF was super late this month and it's making me an emotional wreck. I was not in a good place last night and picked a fight with DH. Luckily he's very patient with me but now I have like, an emotional hangover this morning. I have to walk to the shop for some things we need and I really can't be bothered. :roll:
Brittany (27) :love: DH (25)
MMC Feb '17 @ 11wks :angel:
MC May '17 @ 6 wks :angel:

TTC a rainbow baby after recurrent miscarriages
nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Trumom16 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:07 am

Hello everyone,
Nice group name. Let 2017 rock for us all.
Lots n lots of baby dust to all of us.
Trumom16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sparklie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:36 am

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time in a looong while on these boards as I'm TTC #2! May I join? I think I just ovulated yesterday so I'm in my TWW this cycle <3. Baby dust to all <3
Sparklie
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nelsonfamjam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 am

@sparklie -- Hopefully you got some good BD time in! Good luck xx

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Welcome everyone!

Nelsonfam, I love the term emotional hangover lol. I totally get what you mean, though, and I hope you feel better as the day goes on. (I guess it's probably way later there now, huh... so I hope you feel better now!) Ttc can be such a stressful journey and sometimes you can't stop it from slipping into other areas of life, even if they aren't directly related. Men seem to have a much easier time than women and that disconnect can be difficult to navigate at times. If nothing else, you've got a group of women here who get it, so vent when you need to!

Sparklie, I'm here for #2 also. I feel SO much better going into things this time around than the first time... much more relaxed!

For anyone who's feels comfortable doing so, tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know each other. If you want, share your first name. I prefer calling people by their names, rather than a username, but don't feel like you have to. I am still really close with some of the girls I met here my first time around. We talk every day and have a facebook group that has grown to be like a little family. They are honestly some of my closest friends and most of them I have never even met in person!

I'm Becca, I'm from Washington state, USA. I have one little boy, Henry, is who is 15 months old. We have two dogs, Hugo and Olive, that were our first "children." I have a degree in English, but spent the last few years working as a dog trainer and groomer and nannying part time. I stopped working when Henry was born, and even though living on one income has made things really tight each month, I wouldn't give up these days with my little man for anything!

When I was pregnant the first time I wanted a little girl SOOOO bad. I even teared up when the ulstrasound tech told me he was a boy. I was glad the room was dark and DH was busy looking at the screen, because I was so embarrassed to be crying, but couldn't help it! I came to terms with it pretty quickly though, and I wouldn't change a thing. This time around, I am so in the groove of being a "boy mom" that I can't imagine having a girl! Henry is so into cars and motorcycles, and anything with wheels. If we have a girl, we're going to have to do a major overhaul of the toy selection in a couple of years. It's kind of nice to actually feel 100% neutral on gender this time. It takes a little more of the pressure off, and that is always welcome. ;)

Also, side note, I kind of love that we are all at different places in our cycles... it keeps things interesting lol.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparklie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks, Nelsonfam! Always the most hope this time of the cycle, we'll see how it goes!

And hi Becca! Thanks for the welcome :) I'm sorry my intro is a bit long but here's my 'story'...

My name is Jen and I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter. I have PCOS and didn't know until we had been trying for about 5 months on our own. My OB put me on Clomid for 6 cycles with increased dosages and never had success. I was then referred to a fertility dr who continued with Clomid in conjunction with IUI. I had 3 IUI's total, first 2 were on Clomid, third was on Letrozole. None were successful (though I did ovulate) and the following month we "took a break" from the dr, but not from trying on our own. My dr basically said IVF was our next step and I was heartbroken. It just wasn't how I saw our family beginning.

The day before we were due to go to a meeting about IVF I got my BFP :). So if there's anything I've learned, it's that things happen when they are supposed to... no matter what odds you are up against, what doctors say, and no matter how hopeless things seem.

This time around I will only be on meds to help with ovulation, I don't want any procedures, injections etc. Metformin has worked wonders and that is what helped me ovulate this time around though my dr still has me on Letrozole to help the process. Trying to be as "relaxed" as possible this time... I still obsess over my chart though, I'm only human :P.
Sparklie
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:30 pm

Jen, wow, I love hearing stories like that. They just prove there is always hope!

How long have you been trying for #2?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparklie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Aw thank you :) We started in April but I've had medicated cycles since July. This is my second cycle ovulating this time around :)
Sparklie
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Eek. Good luck! We'll be counting down the days with you!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:05 am

Hi Jen!! Hopefully this cycle is yours for the taking. It's beautiful how things work out when you least expect them to. Hoping this time around it doesn't take so long though. I'll obsess with you (or for you if you're trying not to) :lol:

Becca, I agree, I like having names to call people rather than using usernames. Your son is absolutely adorable, btw. Hoping you get a girl this time. Imagine all the cute clothes!? And he'd be an adorable big brother to a little sister. :D Ooooh now I'm going to be super anxious to see how this works out for you. - Totally jealous that you live in Washington. The Northwest coast is where I always dreamed on going. I love the rain. Maybe that's why I love England so much? :)

My introduction -

My name is Brittany and I'm 27 years old from Atlanta, Georgia. Born and raised. My husband is 25 and he was born in Leeds, England. Has lived in England his entire life. We met 3 years ago when he was visiting America and we just... clicked. We were in a very successful long distance relationship for years. I mean, we really domesticated as much as possible from 4000 miles away with a 5 hour time difference. We'd sleep with our laptops open and Skype camera on every night, we never missed a day. He'd come visit me in America every couple of months and stay for a couple of weeks. In between that, we had a routine and it was just normal for us. We spent our entire engagement living in different countries. A lot of people don't understand how anyone could do what we did but honestly? It was (and still is now) the most fulfilling and easiest relationship I've ever been in. Communication is all you have and you learn so much about each other. You appreciate touch so much more - not just sex but, touch in general. Arguing and being able to bridge that gap with a touch on the arm means so much more. We became best friends before we ever got to be intimate with each other and though I am SO grateful for that time we had apart ( as I firmly believe it made us a much stronger couple ), I never want to go back to it again. :rofl:

We got married in February 2016 in America and I moved here on a spousal visa in August without ever having stepped foot in England. Scariest thing i've ever done in my life but SO WORTH IT. I love it here so much and I can't imagine living in America again. Though my husband is dead set on eventually transferring to the states. We were initially going to wait until next year to try for a baby but my IUD was causing me problems and I THOUGHT I was pregnant and it got us both really broody so... we go it removed and now here we are. There will never be a "perfect" time, you know? We're both hoping for a little girl but I don't really care, as long as they are healthy.

That's my long, unconventional story. Some people think it's straight odd and other people think it sounds like a proper fairytale so.. :D

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nelsonfamjam » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:37 am

Oh! Also, I'm going to be on a weekend trip to Scotland around the time I'm ovulating so that should be interesting. I was saying to DH last night that if it happens, our child will have been conceived in Scotland, hahah!

nelsonfamjam
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC Buddy Groups